• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

jerry

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on August 08, 2015, 08:22:10 PM
I really want Art to do a Mothman show. He can do that right after the Elvira interview.  ::)

I was at Point Pleasant for the 1st time several months back.  The guy at the Mothman Museum told me the most recent sighting was actually in Zanesville, OH.

dan7800

In one regard, I am sad there is no show tonight/tomorrow night. I AM happy that I will catch up on sleep.

dan7800

Quote from: serenity on August 08, 2015, 05:01:47 AM
Speaking of Art Bell, it's Saturday!
Tonight on http://ksyl.com starting at 8pm Central 6 Pacific is : Art Bell - Somewhere in Time where he returns to 5/22/96 for a night of Open Lines, with callers debating militia groups and the Freemen.
KSYL has a live stream and they can be found on Tune-in.
Also if you are nostalgic, they play Old Time Radio from 6 to 8pm Central.
If your local to Louisiana or if propagation is right, they can be found on 970 AM

"Theres magic in the Static"

Is someone recording the show? I do not see it in the archives.

cweb

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 08, 2015, 08:21:03 PM
It's not the same Dave. Bruce Goldberg said the real Dave's name in the future is Dexter Monterrey and that he appears as a hologram over people's radios. As I recall Dave then called into his own show and claimed to be Dexter Monterrey. A bad radio night was had by all.
Dexter Monterrey? Sounds like Dave's adult film moniker.

Or maybe that'll be the name of his new moneygrab/album. "The Life Of Dexter Monterrey."

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on August 08, 2015, 08:22:10 PM
I really want Art to do a Mothman show. He can do that right after the Elvira interview.  ::)
Yes please! +1

ItsOver

Quote from: jerry on August 08, 2015, 08:30:34 PM

I was at Point Pleasant for the 1st time several months back.  The guy at the Mothman Museum told me the most recent sighting was actually in Zanesville, OH.
If someone talks about Mothman, I'd like to hear about the non-Point Pleasant incidents.

ItsOver

Quote from: cweb on August 08, 2015, 08:37:03 PM
Dexter Monterrey? Sounds like Dave's adult film moniker...
Maybe it's his lounge lizard alias.

Danger!UFO

Quote from: Art Bell on August 08, 2015, 07:12:41 PM
Why does my Time Travel dude have to be named Dave, does this mean I am damned for hundreds of Years?

Art

Be glad it's not George.  ;) :o ::)

Quote from: ItsOver on August 08, 2015, 07:35:12 PM
When I saw the title of the BG thread, I thought maybe Dave had finally found something he was good at.

Well, so far he's good at wasting his audience's time if that counts.

ItsOver

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on August 08, 2015, 08:57:36 PM
Well, so far he's good at wasting his audience's time if that counts.
Ha! Yes.  I still maintain he does an excellent job as the GNS thread moderator.  Always gets it back on topic.

gabrielle

Live chat is open

Quote from: Art Bell on August 08, 2015, 07:12:41 PM
Why does my Time Travel dude have to be named Dave, does this mean I am damned for hundreds of Years?

Art

One thing that surprised me is 400-500 years in the future the name 'David' will still be in common usage.  The popularity of baby names changes so rapidly that I would have thought centuries from now a name like 'David' would be quite rare if not completely obsolete.  Will people still be using Biblical names, and in their English versions?

And he is quite well versed in our current day written language - he included no words that are not yet known to us, no slang, no clever expressions or turns of phrases from the future, no slight changes in spelling or grammar.  He's so proficient that he even limits himself to what is common right now - when it would be understandable, if not expected, if he used something popular in recent memory (or from our very near future) but unused or seldom used today.  Heck, this man from the distant future has a much better command of our current language structure than does our own Dave Noorie.

Our issues of the day are the only ones he mentions, nothing he says goes beyond what we speculate today - surely things that far in the future would have evolved in ways we couldn't guess at, let alone understand? 

Art, if you speak with him can you find out whether Pluto is ever restored to it's rightful status as a Planet?

Art Bell

I have got to say, the people on this site are in my opinion some of the smartest people on the Planet, even though you can be a rough group if crossed I have met some of the best most talented people here in my life. I am so proud to be a member.

From MV, Rossy, Redacted, Jaz, now sbaustin and so many with talent. The group as a whole has helped so much with the effort to get this show on the road and given so much support with the Blitz that I can just not thank you all enough. I know many have worked behind the scenes, thank you from my Heart.

Art

phrodo

Quote from: Art Bell on August 08, 2015, 10:44:59 PM
I have got to say, the people on this site are in my opinion some of the smartest people on the Planet, even though you can be a rough group if crossed I have met some of the best most talented people here in my life. I am so proud to be a member.

From MV, Rossy, Redacted, Jaz, now sbaustin and so many with talent. The group as a whole has helped so much with the effort to get this show on the road and given so much support with the Blitz that I can just not thank you all enough. I know many have worked behind the scenes, thank you from my Heart.

Art

Thank YOU right back Art! None of us would be here if it weren't for you.

Jackstar

Also, I am truly, sincerely glad that both Art Bell and I were both unbanned.

starrmtn001

Thank, YOU, Art.  I wish I had the tech skills so I could also do more.  But I have been a fan since the 90s and continue to promote you great work, where ever and when ever I can.

ART BELL ROCKS!

Zenman

You're a cool dude, Art.

You do a pretty good show too.    :D

Zenman

Wait a minute, did Art call us rough??   :o

ItsOver

Quote from: Zenman on August 08, 2015, 11:45:29 PM
Wait a minute, did Art call us rough??   :o
Yeah, but I'm sure it's in a rough, vaguely loveable way. ;)

Quote from: Jessicas Place on August 08, 2015, 04:56:52 PM
My newness has nothing to do with the comment I made.  The storm of shite I'm referring to are you, jackass, oh pardon, jack star and asc.  Once again another worthless analogy or remark.

welcome to bellgab, post often!

SnoorysStache

I prefer gruff, but lovable.  ;) 
Thank you Art!

SaucyRossy

Art

Wow, thank you Art.

I agree, this community is full of so much talent and just all around cool people. It feels really good to be part of something like this.

Jackstar

Quote from: SaucyRossy on August 09, 2015, 12:29:12 AM
It feels really good to be part of something like this.

It is so wonderful that you have been here as long as you have. You're a champion. It's like being a star, but with a point.

paladin1991

Quote from: ASC on July 29, 2015, 06:12:28 PM
oh man (name changed to protect) StackJar gets away with much worse than that :D

I get bellgab and embrace the bellgab culture. We didn't need that guy. As you were everyone.

so.... I heard Republicans and Democrats don't agree on stuff.
How did I miss this post?

Fuck off, Dave.

Spinner

And I'm sure that we all are very proud that you are an active member here. THANK YOU. :)

QuoteFrom MV, Rossy, Redacted, Jaz, now sbaustin and so many with talent. The group as a whole has helped so much with the effort to get this show on the road and given so much support with the Blitz that I can just not thank you all enough. I know many have worked behind the scenes, thank you from my Heart.

Art
I wish I could say that I contributed to the Blitz solely to help you, but I had very selfish reasons: I just had to do whatever I could to help make MITD a success so that I can hear you live for many, many sols to come. ;)

Spinner

Quote from: ItsOver on August 09, 2015, 12:03:09 AM
Yeah, but I'm sure it's in a rough, vaguely loveable way. ;)
I'm sure. ;)

serenity

Quote from: dan7800 on August 08, 2015, 08:31:56 PM
Is someone recording the show? I do not see it in the archives.

got it

michio

Quote from: BellBoy on August 08, 2015, 07:24:23 PM

There are no coincidences Art!

Clear evidence for Al Einstein saying or writing those words is non-existent. The quote has been attributed to three or four people.

Heather Wade

Art

You're welcome.

(This post approved by The BellGab Secret Service)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP05iSzpz94&list=PLv3MmnmynM6Eqboffcmn_ZfNn5WICj8Ip&index=146