• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Art Bell

Somebody on FB asked so here is what I said:
No this show was booked by David Rubini who at first wanted (3) flat earth people and just me! He is angry as a hornet at me for giving (he says) Jon such a hard time!! I thought the show was great really because it shows how otherwise smart people can believe amazing things.

Art

paladin1991

Quote from: Art Bell on August 06, 2015, 02:58:28 AM
No this show was booked by David Rubini who at first wanted (3) flat earth people and just me! He is angry as a hornet at me for giving (he says) Jon such a hard time!! I thought the show was great really because it shows how otherwise smart people can believe amazing things.

Art

*shrug*

They do know it's the ART BELL show,right?

It was still a good show, Jon was just disrespectful. Hope the Professor comes back and maybe team him up with Kaku for a talk about space and physics. He earned it! Open lines were great as always.

Art

Doesn't matter who booked it. Not sure why you felt you needed to state who did book the show. That is just odd.

Quote from: nooryisawesome on August 06, 2015, 03:32:17 AM
Doesn't matter who booked it. Not sure why you felt you needed to state who did book the show. That is just odd.

People who didn't like the interview were blaming (Redacted), and if it matters to (Redacted) it matter to Art and Bellgab.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 06, 2015, 03:35:28 AM
People who didn't like the interview were blaming (Redacted), and if it matters to (Redacted) it matter to Art and Bellgab.

Who cares what people say. Art just needs to keep doing his thing. People are going to bitch. That is what they do. When you try to silence it or respond to it, you are just giving them credence.

Art Bell

No it's not odd, I wanted people to know who booked it, It was David Rubini, not Redacted. Even though
Rubini hated it I had a blast frankly. (Rubini thought I was mean to Jon)

Art

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Art Bell on August 06, 2015, 03:51:21 AM
No it's not odd, I wanted people to know who booked it, It was David Rubini, not Redacted. Even though

Art

Jeez, you said you had a month's worth of guests booked recently and (Redacted) got brought in last week and now it's all her fault for setting up a debate between a real scientist and a crazy flat-earther that everyone couldn't turn the radio off for the hour and half that they were on. People are weird. A+++ Redacted, I can't wait to hear her guests.

Art

Ok, I just thought it was odd sense you never felt it was necessary to say who booked previous shows. I enjoyed the show no matter who booked it.

CornyCrow

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 06, 2015, 03:35:28 AM
Are they, really?  I would think, as a new employee, she would be watched carefully until everyone feels comfortable, in which case it's not really fair to be blaming her, even if she had booked the guy. 

CornyCrow

Art
Art, when you are enjoying yourself, it comes through.  These guests are just fine.  You know any time you take a risk make some changes there will be detractors.  Ultimately, it comes down to your judgement and YOU are the guy with the experience, so just go for it.  If it feels right to you, it probably is.

nika01

Art

Shame on you  :o

serenity

Quote from: sydtron on August 05, 2015, 09:00:41 PM
QTH?  I might try SW tonight. But my computer is much more convenient! !

Sorry I'm late. QTH is SE Louisiana Deep in Da Bayou   :)

Art_s Farts

Bigfoot show tonight

Aug 6, 2015: Michael Rugg â€" Bigfoot Discovery Museum
Posted on August 6, 2015 in Guests | 61 Views | Leave a response

Bio:

Michael Rugg is co-founder of the Bigfoot Discovery Project and is the curator of the Bigfoot Discovery Museum, located in the Santa Cruz Mountains of California.  The purpose of the museum is to educate the public at large about the probability of Bigfoot and the current best guesses as to its habits and it’s place in the natural world.  He has been collecting information and artifactsâ€"while studying unknown bipedal primatesâ€"since the early 1950’s, when the first photos of unknown tracks on Mt Everest appeared in Western newspapers.  Since 2003 he has dedicated his full time and attention to the mystery primate phenomenon via the Bigfoot Discovery Museum.

pyewacket

Art- Thank you for last night's entertaining show! I don't know why anyone is complaining- it was like listening to Pee Wee Herman debate Prof. Grindlay. Great laughs, my hubby enjoyed listening to the madness this morning. We like variety. Satisfied listeners, here.  ;D

AppealPlay

For what it's worth I thought it was great!  I thought the physicist was going to loose his cool at any moment and start screaming.  He held it together really well, though.

Very much looking forward to the bigfoot show!

chefist

Art

"...listener, by listener, by listener." LOL I LOVED that at the end, Art!

paladin1991

Quote from: nooryisawesome on August 06, 2015, 03:32:17 AM

I'm gonna guess here.  But it may be because so many ppl went off 'high and to the right'  (You shooters understand that term) when news broke that (Redacted) was included in the first episode.  'Everybody' wants their ART BELL their way, as they remember him or always wanted him.

But let's remember, in the final analysis, it IS the ART BELL show, call it anything you want, it is the ART BELL show and he did offer to take us for a ride.  You can get out anytime you want.  No harm, no foul, see you on the next go around, but don't backseat drive the man.

My two thoughts and cast upon the waters for the faithful and the faithless. 

No Quarter

LOL - the Sun is only 3000 miles from the flat earth...

While I do not understand how anyone can believe the flat earth theory, I just love having an outlet where topics like this can be discussed/debated.

Whether or not you believed him, it was great radio last night. Personally, I think Art might have been a little hard on the guy, but it was still a lot of fun to listen to. I thought the physicist was going to go apoplectic a couple of times   8)

Great show, Art!  I hope that you are having as much fun with MiTD as it sounds like.

And cool - a Bigfoot show tonight!

chefist

Quote from: paladin1991 on August 06, 2015, 08:46:47 AM
I'm gonna guess here.  But it may be because so many ppl went off 'high and to the right'  (You shooters understand that term) when news broke that (Redacted) was included in the first episode.  'Everybody' wants their ART BELL their way, as they remember him or always wanted him.

But let's remember, in the final analysis, it IS the ART BELL show, call it anything you want, it is the ART BELL show and he did offer to take us for a ride.  You can get out anytime you want.  No harm, no foul, see you on the next go around, but don't backseat drive the man.

My two thoughts and cast upon the waters for the faithful and the faithless.

That sums it up! I personally have ZERO complaints!

paladin1991

Quote from: nooryisawesome on August 06, 2015, 03:37:54 AM
Who cares what people say. Art just needs to keep doing his thing. People are going to bitch. That is what they do. When you try to silence it or respond to it, you are just giving them credence.

Ummm, yeah.  You did think it odd, right?  That ART headed off complaints 'at the pass' by clearing the air right after the show?

paladin1991

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 06, 2015, 04:05:51 AM
Jeez, you said you had a month's worth of guests booked recently and (Redacted) got brought in last week and now it's all her fault for setting up a debate between a real scientist and a crazy flat-earther that everyone couldn't turn the radio off for the hour and half that they were on. People are weird. A+++ Redacted, I can't wait to hear her guests.
Let me start the first rumor.  She is in talks to book Ryan Reynolds on his participation in the Marvel Universe of franchisable flicks.  And also is RR playing Deadpoll or is he playing RR playing Deadpool?

paladin1991

Quote from: Art_s Farts on August 06, 2015, 06:04:15 AM
Bigfoot show tonight

Aug 6, 2015: Michael Rugg â€" Bigfoot Discovery Museum
Posted on August 6, 2015 in Guests | 61 Views | Leave a response

Bio:

Michael Rugg is co-founder of the Bigfoot Discovery Project and is the curator of the Bigfoot Discovery Museum, located in the Santa Cruz Mountains of California.  The purpose of the museum is to educate the public at large about the probability of Bigfoot and the current best guesses as to its habits and it’s place in the natural world.  He has been collecting information and artifactsâ€"while studying unknown bipedal primatesâ€"since the early 1950’s, when the first photos of unknown tracks on Mt Everest appeared in Western newspapers.  Since 2003 he has dedicated his full time and attention to the mystery primate phenomenon via the Bigfoot Discovery Museum.

Thankfully, I am a Time Traveller as I am otherwise engaged.

No Quarter

Quote from: paladin1991 on August 06, 2015, 08:51:21 AM
Let me start the first rumor.  She is in talks to book Ryan Reynolds on his participation in the Marvel Universe of franchisable flicks.  And also is RR playing Deadpoll or is he playing RR playing Deadpool?

It's RR playing Deadpool who is playing RR playing Deadpool

now my head's all spinny....   :o

Skunk Ape

Quote from: popple on August 05, 2015, 05:28:02 PM
My favourite flat earth model is the turtle with the elephants

I WANT TO BELIEVE! ...."I like turtles"

Speaking of turtles...

https://youtu.be/6gBV-Nzq7Pg

If you like your country music to be DMT inspired, this is your guy.

Long Live Art Bell❗️

3OctaveFart

Don't understand why John is being characterized as high-functioning. Art - this guy is a vacant lot. He did not defend his position well at all, at any point. He didn't have the most elementary grasp of science.

This is a great example of suffering the idiocy of someone like John.

http://www.houstonpress.com/arts/no-it-s-not-your-opinion-you-re-just-wrong-updated-7611752

paladin1991

Quote from: No Quarter on August 06, 2015, 08:54:47 AM
It's RR playing Deadpool who is playing RR playing Deadpool

now my head's all spinny....   :o

Dammit dude!  You must be a Time Traveller, already traveled fwd and listened.  How'd it go?

No Quarter

Quote from: paladin1991 on August 06, 2015, 09:21:07 AM
Dammit dude!  You must be a Time Traveller, already traveled fwd and listened.  How'd it go?

Difficult to say - there were these ladies who talked me into drinking with them. I don't remember much after that....

....fuzzy recollections of flaming drinks and some masked dude running around in a red costume...

Woke up on the street with no pants and only one sock. At least they left me my car keys.

jonnyvice

Art

In my opinion, Jon wasn't a guest at all.  He was someone on the program but he wasn't cordial and was likely a fraud.  He wouldn't let the doctor finish speaking and when he did he accused the doctor of fraud and leading astray all of his students.  When confronted with an opposing theory backed by evidence he simply dismissed it and started off on another tangent of the spherical conspiracy masters have implanted this idea blah blah blah ad nauseam. 

I thought the concept was great though:  get the most insane person backing the most insane "theory" but that could speak english and articulate points and then debate with an actual scientist (or anyone who has ever flown a plane internationally).

It was bad enough that Jon suffered from cargo cult grammar ("with all due respect" i must have counted at least 40 times), but at the end he started imitating the doctor's prose.  Psychologically this happens when someone recognizes someone else as an authority figure, which makes me believe that Jon was actually just a troll looking for ad revenue.  His google adsense earnings for his videos started in July of this year.