• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The BellGab "New Member" Meet and Greet!

Started by GodsEqual, September 24, 2008, 02:13:23 AM

Metron2267

Quote from: Jackstar on December 11, 2018, 04:09:29 PM
These are bold, declarative insights from the fascist who can't be bothered to stop relentlessly shitting up every thread on the forum. Go back to Facebook.

Don't be peevish son, what chance do you think a vastly smaller party candidate has under ranked voting? :-\

Quote from: Metron2267 on December 11, 2018, 04:16:56 PM
Don't be peevish son, what chance do you think a vastly smaller party candidate has under ranked voting? :-\
Greater chance than without it from the perspective of long term change and enablement of the voting population to vote their true conscience.

Metron2267

Quote from: Enard P Farkwark on December 11, 2018, 04:30:17 PM
Greater chance than without it from the perspective of long term change and enablement of the voting population to vote their true conscience.

If said splinter party never achieves critical voter mass they never even make the runoff. You have not thought this out logically.

Quote from: Metron2267 on December 11, 2018, 04:02:41 PM
Iow whomever you voted for initially can be removed from the ballot and your vote channeled by algorithm over to someone you did not intend to vote for.

This obfuscation of "one man one vote" is just logistical chaff to you.

https://www.themainewire.com/2016/03/ranked-choice-voting-wrong-maine-blatantly-unconstitutional/

If none of the candidates achieve a majority with more than 50% of the vote, then an instant runoff is triggered. The ballots that were cast for the candidate with the least amount of votes are re-tabulated. Any of the bullet votes are discarded, since they have already been applied to the loser. The loser’s voters that opted to rank their choices will have their ballots pulled and re-tabulated.

This means the ballots of the loser(s) will determine the winner. Some voters, the voters of the loser(s), would get to vote more than once.

In fact ranked voting could potentially enhance 2 party dominance.

http://www.sunjournal.com/what-the-constitution-says-and-doesnt-say-about-ranked-choice-voting/

Poliquin’s lawsuit claims the use of ranked-choice voting violates the U.S. Constitution because the document “sets a plurality vote as the qualification for election” to Congress.

https://www.themainewire.com/2016/03/ranked-choice-voting-wrong-maine-blatantly-unconstitutional/

As A.G. Mills explains, the ranked-choice voting ballot question calls into question Maine’s long-standing law requiring a plurality of votes to determine the winner of state races for governor, state senate, and representatives to the house. RCV would require that both state and federal races be determined by a majority vote rather than a plurality. Rankedâ€"choice voting would trigger an instant runoff vote when a majority of votes is not met.

In plain terms, a plurality of votes means that the person with the most votes wins, while a majority of votes means 50% plus one vote is needed to determine the winner. The distinction between a plurality of votes and a majority of votes becomes important in races with more than two candidates.

The Maine Constitution also requires that ballots be tabulated and counted in local municipalities, but the ranked-choice voting proposal would involve transporting ballots to the Secretary of State’s office for instant runoff tabulations, which not only violates the Maine Constitution, but is also costly and time consuming.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/chrisgeidner/maine-ranked-choice-golden-poliquin-election-results

Here's Why A Democrat Who Didn't Have The Most Votes On Election Day Has Now Won In Maine

Maine's 2nd Congressional District is set to send the first person to the House under a ranked-choice voting system.

On Election Day in Maine, Poliquin was up by 668 votes over Golden out of more than 250,000 votes cast for four candidates. But Poliquin had only received 46.1% of the votes â€" putting the past 10 days' drama into action.

Under the ranked-choice voting process, which is only in use in the US in Maine and some cities elsewhere, voters can rank the candidates for a particular office on their ballot from first to last. On Election Day, the first-rank votes are counted. If a candidate receives more than 50% of the vote, that person is the winner. If no candidate receives a majority of the vote, the person receiving the lowest number of votes is removed from the next round and the people who voted for that person have their second-choice vote counted. If one of the remaining candidates now has a majority of the votes, that person is the winner. If not, the process continues to a next round with the now-lowest vote-getter removed. This continues until a candidate receives a majority of the votes.

On Nov. 7, Maine Secretary of State Matthew Dunlap declared that the race would go into ranked-choice voting rounds because no candidate received a majority of the votes cast.

Due to the complexity of the process, the ranked-choice voting rounds are conducted at a central location in Maine, requiring a transfer of ballots, and take extra time.

By the time all votes were counted from the initial round of voting, Poliquin had expanded his lead to 2,001 votes over Golden. Nonetheless, he only extended his plurality to 46.3% â€" meaning the ranked-choice voting rounds would proceed. Golden had received 45.6% of the first-choice votes. The two independent candidates, Tiffany Bond and William Hoar, received 5.7% and 2.4% of the votes, respectively.

With the two lowest vote-getters out â€" apparently due to the fact that the lowest vote-getter only received 2.38% of the first-choice vote, an insufficient percentage to take either candidate over 50% â€" and their second-choice votes added in, Golden was up by 2,905 votes and had received 50.53% of the vote to Poliquin's 49.47%.

Golden â€" despite being down on Election Day â€" would be declared the winner under Maine's law.

A lot of this crap you keep posting about Maine is being pushed through lawsuits backed by a GOP congressman if I’m seeing it right in recent articles. Who would have the most to lose in a third party situation?  It’s the conservative side ready to abandon the RINOs in the Republican Party. The democrats have their own internal strife but I think far less are ready to abandon it. The true believers there are all sprinting to the far left along with the party itself.

The Maine thing is mostly a GOP backed thing because they are terrified of losing power which is their primary concern.

Metron2267

Quote from: Enard P Farkwark on December 11, 2018, 04:35:13 PM
A lot of this crap you keep posting about Maine is being pushed through lawsuits backed by a GOP congressman if I’m seeing it right in recent articles.

You certainly won't find a loser Demotard standing up for voting rights!

QuoteWho would have the most to lose in a third party situation?  It’s the conservative side ready to abandon the RINOs in the Republican Party. The democrats have their own internal strife but I think far less are ready to abandon it. The true believers there are all sprinting to the far left along with the party itself.

Did you finally read back through what I said regarding siphonage of voters from the Rs?

QuoteThe Maine thing is mostly a GOP backed thing because they are terrified of losing power which is their primary concern.

You think the GOP has that much power in Maine?

https://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/house-races/221721-how-red-or-blue-is-your-state

MAINE
Voted for Democratic president in last six elections; one Republican senator and one Independent senator; two out of two House representatives are Democrats; past three governors have been one Independent, one Democrat and one Republican; Democratic-controlled Legislature.

Seriously?

Quote from: Metron2267 on December 11, 2018, 04:34:22 PM
If said splinter party never achieves critical voter mass they never even make the runoff. You have not thought this out logically.
Ok so then what’s the harm if you say it won’t change the outcome?  What are you so scared of about it?  It presents the opportunity to show sea change with analytics of what trends are in “first choice” ballot elections and make people potentially feel more comfortable with an alternative choice over a number of election cycles.

Your paranoid blather about algorithms and such is nonsense. Nothing about it allows your vote to be cast for someone not in your ranked preference list. It’s just an empty statement to scare technophobes. You can easily implement a ranked voting system in person with paper trail requirements met.

Quote from: Metron2267 on December 11, 2018, 04:39:57 PM
You certainly won't find a loser Demotard standing up for voting rights!

Did you finally read back through what I said regarding siphonage of voters from the Rs?

You think the GOP has that much power in Maine?

https://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/house-races/221721-how-red-or-blue-is-your-state

MAINE
Voted for Democratic president in last six elections; one Republican senator and one Independent senator; two out of two House representatives are Democrats; past three governors have been one Independent, one Democrat and one Republican; Democratic-controlled Legislature.

Seriously?
It’s the precedent of the thing genius. And if they have very minimal republicans in elected office do you think they want to get shut out entirely? 

Jackstar

Quote from: Metron2267 on December 11, 2018, 04:16:56 PM
Don't be peevish

Until there is voting transparency, fraud will continue. There is no problem to found within government, because government is the problem.

You could be discussing this somewhere else, instead, you and your army of sockpuppets are shitting up -this- thread. It's curious and notable. Also, fuck your mother.

Jackstar

Quote from: Enard P Farkwark on December 11, 2018, 04:40:48 PM
Nothing about it allows your vote to be cast for someone not in your ranked preference list.

see above, re: "fraud." You can go on looking until you get to your mother if you wish.

Metron2267

Quote from: Enard P Farkwark on December 11, 2018, 04:40:48 PM
Ok so then what’s the harm if you say it won’t change the outcome? 

I didn't say that - I said it may and likely will hamper smaller 3rd parties who don't get sufficient critical mass:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/theworldpost/wp/2018/03/22/ranked-choice-voting/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.de07f39dee4d

Preferential voting also appears to prevent extremist politics from gaining traction. The bigger parties don’t give preferences to Australia’s One Nation party, which disgorges Islamophobic rhetoric to the point that its leader once sat in parliament wearing a burqa in a bid to have them banned. One Nation had a huge voting swing in its favor in the 2016 state election in Queensland but was only able to gain one seat, thanks to the preference flow. Neither of the two main parties wanted to have anything to do with it.

QuoteWhat are you so scared of about it?

Guess who's in favor of it?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/theworldpost/wp/2018/03/22/ranked-choice-voting/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.de07f39dee4d

Though it’s not used in the U.S. for presidential elections (yet), preferential voting was invented there. Political scientists credit William Robert Ware, a professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, with coming up with the idea around 1870. And, more recently, the system has had bipartisan support: Senator John McCain has backed it, and Barack Obama introduced a bill for it in 2002 as an Illinois state senator.

There’s a particularly strong push for it in Maine, a state with an independent streak and a high rate of third-party candidates. City council elections in San Francisco and Oakland have adopted it, as have some of the country’s top universities for their student elections. Even the Academy Awards decided the first-past-the-post system was unfair for its best picture award.

Oh wotta surprise - Hollyweirdos and Obummer are in love with it! It's a Dem ruse.

QuoteIt presents the opportunity to show sea change with analytics of what trends are in “first choice” ballot elections and make people potentially feel more comfortable with an alternative choice over a number of election cycles.

Oh I see - some alternative to their first choice as a candidate, how bait and switch of it!

QuoteYour paranoid blather about algorithms and such is nonsense.

No it's not:

Voters’ first choices are counted, and if no candidate won more than 50 percent, the loser is knocked out. If you voted for the candidate who’s now out, your second choice is counted instead. And so on. It’s a process of elimination. The first candidate to reach more than half the vote wins. Basically, this system identifies whom people don’t want elected.

A voter’s second or third choice is given equal weight (though counted later) to that of a voter’s first choice, for example. And though the system is comparatively easy to implement in local elections, implementing it in statewide or nationwide elections requires an overhaul of multiple voting systems.

QuoteNothing about it allows your vote to be cast for someone not in your ranked preference list.

I don't do lists of preferred candidates. I pick one and go with it. You see we have already these things in America called primary elections and they do allow us to sort for the best candidate.

QuoteIt’s just an empty statement to scare technophobes. You can easily implement a ranked voting system in person with paper trail requirements met.

Do I smell blockchain about to nose in on this?

You're really meddling with a system that neither requires it nor would benefit from it.

Metron2267

Quote from: Enard P Farkwark on December 11, 2018, 04:43:08 PM
It’s the precedent of the thing genius.

Yes, the precedent is corrupt. It deprives me of the one candidate I voted for by making me rank others. Perhaps I don't want (as an example) Jeb Bush over say Trump or Walker. I'd have been more than pissed if Mr. Low Energy had "ranked" himself into the nomination, wouldn't you?

QuoteAnd if they have very minimal republicans in elected office do you think they want to get shut out entirely?

I think the Dems would love that - after all they're the ones using this to steal elections there.

https://www.npr.org/2018/11/15/668296045/ranked-choice-voting-delivers-another-victory-to-house-democrats

Democrat Jared Golden was declared the winner Thursday in Maine's 2nd Congressional District after trailing Rep. Bruce Poliquin in the initial tally of votes. But Golden was declared the winner thanks to Maine's new ranked-choice system of voting, which allows voters to rank candidates in their order of preference and to transfer their votes if no candidate gets more than 50 percent.While Golden was behind Poliquin by roughly 2,000 votes after initial voting, he won in the second round of the runoff by picking up second- and third-choice rankings from voters who chose independents Tiffany Bond and Will Hoar as their first or second choices on Election Day. The final vote was 50.53 percent to 49.47 percent, or about 3,000 votes.

This brings Democrats' net seat gain to 35. As counting continues in various close races around the country, Democrats could ultimately pick up as many as 39 seats. These are the most House seats Democrats have picked up in a generation â€" in any election since the wave election after Watergate in 1974.

Thursday's result also means New England Republicans have been wiped out in the U.S. House. Maine Sen. Susan Collins is the only Republican from the region left in Congress.

Nuff said! >:( >:( >:(

Metron2267

Quote from: Jackstar on December 11, 2018, 05:00:38 PM
Until there is voting transparency, fraud will continue. There is no problem to found within government, because government is the problem.

Agreed both.

Are you a blockchain voting proponent?

QuoteYou could be discussing this somewhere else, instead, you and your army of sockpuppets are shitting up -this- thread. It's curious and notable. Also, fuck your mother.

No sock puppets on this end. In fact it appears to be a 2 person cage match. I didn't initiate this discourse but I will terminate in in due time.

Jackstar

I am a proponent of getting a list of exactly how everyone within five miles of my house has voted for the last ten years, so I can go around knocking on doors and asking relevant questions.

What could go wrong?

Quote from: Metron2267 on December 11, 2018, 05:13:00 PM
Agreed both.

Are you a blockchain voting proponent?

No sock puppets on this end. In fact it appears to be a 2 person cage match. I didn't initiate this discourse but I will terminate in in due time.
You’re really trying to prove a point as a “conservative” or “constitutionist” by linking to and posting volumes from the Washington compost?  Lining your bird cage with that would mentally damage the poor creature.

You’re welcome to your opinion. I just don’t see it that way.  You have no bearing on any third party or their platform as you are too scared to leave the Rs and are an apparent incessant apologist for the two party system. 

You mentioned you have some libertarian leanings as do I. They called ranked voting a victory for third parties on their web site. I’ll spare everyone your traditional wall of text that makes everyone loathe seeing your username in recent posts lists.

An actual statement from an actual third party who has said something explicitly about being for it.  Barring actual statements directly from other third parties and the LP being fairly similar in some regards pertaining at least to individual freedom, that’s something I say.

https://www.lp.org/ballot-initiative-revolutionizes-voting-in-maine/

Jackstar

Quote from: Enard P Farkwark on December 11, 2018, 05:59:46 PM
are an apparent incessant apologist for the two party system

I know it, you know it, the American People know it. Dogs know it.

Quote from: Jackstar on December 11, 2018, 06:10:50 PM
I know it, you know it, the American People know it. Dogs know it.
If this guy was a dog he’d be a yappy chihuahua.

Jackstar

Quote from: Enard P Farkwark on December 11, 2018, 06:16:49 PM
If this guy was

The use is were here. I'm going to let it slide this time, because you're new.

Metron2267

Quote from: Enard P Farkwark on December 11, 2018, 05:59:46 PM
You’re really trying to prove a point as a “conservative” or “constitutionist” by linking to and posting volumes from the Washington compost? Lining your bird cage with that would mentally damage the poor creature.

Having failed in epic fashion with the strawman strategy you now rotate over to the always trite "shoot the messenger".

It is no surprise to me the WaPoo is fronting for this Auztarded abomination, but they were a useful resource to cull the bad actors out nationally on this one.

QuoteYou’re welcome to your opinion. I just don’t see it that way.  You have no bearing on any third party or their platform as you are too scared to leave the Rs and are an apparent incessant apologist for the two party system.

I come from a time when it mostly worked, or at least more than now. Apologist for? Nope - just very aware that if something like this comes to pass right now it's like the Rs who will go down and with them our national sovereignty. I hope and pray you aren't going to tell us the Dems won't socialize this nation into Hell post haste if given the chance.

QuoteYou mentioned you have some libertarian leanings as do I. They called ranked voting a victory for third parties on their web site. I’ll spare everyone your traditional wall of text that makes everyone loathe seeing your username in recent posts lists.

Oh wah!  Right back to personal demonization, your other failed strategy. Obviously this will NOT be an area I agree with the LP on.

QuoteAn actual statement from an actual third party who has said something explicitly about being for it.  Barring actual statements directly from other third parties and the LP being fairly similar in some regards pertaining at least to individual freedom, that’s something I say.

https://www.lp.org/ballot-initiative-revolutionizes-voting-in-maine/

This is why I have never been able to join their party. Pie in the sky theorists who promote concepts over actuals. Thanks for the link, I'll adjust my preferences accordingly in future.

They still for legalization of weed? Well at least there's that... :o

Metron2267

Quote from: Jackstar on December 11, 2018, 06:40:55 PM

He is?

QuoteDate Registered: November 08, 2010, 11:26:59 PM

Not so much... :-\

Metron2267

Quote from: Enard P Farkwark on December 11, 2018, 06:16:49 PM
If this guy was a dog he’d be a yappy chihuahua.

Says the 'ranking troll' who replies to my every post... ;D

Nucky Nolan

That's big of you. We need less (hee) pedants.

Not really new.  I used to be here a long time ago before it became meaningless. I really just started posting because some fake cancer patient ran over here after covering somewhere else in her mental feces.

Nothing here is as it once was. Nothing on topic at all. Hopefully it just gets shut down again after some jackwagon commits some felonious act because they’re a socially retarded autistic recluse who can’t control themselves. The place really needs to be put out of its misery permanently.

Quote from: Metron2267 on December 11, 2018, 06:44:15 PM
Says the 'ranking troll' who replies to my every post... ;D
Man. Anyone with an opinion other than yours you just can’t take can you.

You’re a pompous ass of the highest order.  Good luck buddying up to the antifa leftist tootsie. Where’d she go anyway?  Seems like she disappeared once you got busy.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Enard P Farkwark on December 11, 2018, 06:46:04 PM
Not really new.  I used to be here a long time ago before it became meaningless. I really just started posting because some fake cancer patient ran over here after covering somewhere else in her mental feces.

Nothing here is as it once was. Nothing on topic at all. Hopefully it just gets shut down again after some jackwagon commits some felonious act because they’re a socially retarded autistic recluse who can’t control themselves. The place really needs to be put out of its misery permanently.

That begs the question (hee). Why do you post in a supposed toxic waste dump if you don't want radiation sickness?

Metron2267

Quote from: Enard P Farkwark on December 11, 2018, 06:53:42 PM
Man. Anyone with an opinion other than yours you just can’t take can you.

Am I supposed to roll over and NOT state my views on something as potentially destabilizing as ranked voting? I'm sorry that you couldn't make your case and that I was able to prove that a losing Dem usurped a winning Rep with ranked voting being the actual determining mechanism. Sucks to be on your side of this divide, no? :o

QuoteYou’re a pompous ass of the highest order.

How dare you "rank" me ahead of Jackstar, I demand a runoff! 8)

QuoteGood luck buddying up to the antifa leftist tootsie. Where’d she go anyway?  Seems like she disappeared once you got busy.

Tootsie is well aware of my politics and I of hers.

Any more shit you'd like to stir? ::)

Metron2267

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on December 11, 2018, 06:54:04 PM
That begs the question (hee). Why do you post in a supposed toxic waste dump if you don't want radiation sickness?

Hey now Nucky, we all resemble that question!

I came for the dumpster fire but stayed for the DEW wreckage... ;)

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Metron2267 on December 11, 2018, 07:03:00 PM
Hey now Nucky, we all resemble that question!

I came for the dumpster fire but stayed for the DEW wreckage... ;)

Bell Gab is more Three Mile Island than Fukushima. The rest of the boards went full Chernobyl.

Metron2267

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on December 11, 2018, 07:18:21 PM
Bell Gab is more Three Mile Island than Fukushima. The rest of the boards went full Chernobyl.

Thing about it is, there are some really good folks on here, and you all know who you are.

You predate me so I have no back story on you, nor have I seen need of one - some folks just are who they pretend to be, if ya k now what I mean... ::)

Quote from: Metron2267 on December 11, 2018, 07:01:52 PM
Am I supposed to roll over and NOT state my views on something as potentially destabilizing as ranked voting? I'm sorry that you couldn't make your case and that I was able to prove that a losing Dem usurped a winning Rep with ranked voting being the actual determining mechanism. Sucks to be on your side of this divide, no? :o

How dare you "rank" me ahead of Jackstar, I demand a runoff! 8)

Tootsie is well aware of my politics and I of hers.

Any more shit you'd like to stir? ::)
You massive retard. I was the one who stated an opinion and you attempted to somehow interpret it as a policy statement from a political party you don’t even have the sack to actually join.  You’re still hiding in the establishment.

I have said multiple times you’re welcome to your opinion and I simply disagree with it and that specific party has nothing in the way of a current platform stance on it. If they did I would politely disagree and welcome debate. That debate wouldn’t include your all so convincing die in a fire argument. Probably not compliant with Roberts Rules of Order that generally guide those proceedings in civilized circles.

Feel free to continue verbally fellating yourself but I’m not interested in the opinions of someone as warped as you mentally.