• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knoory?

Started by Marc.Knight, December 05, 2009, 07:15:30 PM

Marc.Knight

This is George Noory's version of George Knapp's opening intro to the show:

“Good evening everyone, you’re in the right place at the right, ahh, day. This is Coast to Coast AM. Coming at you, blast-er-ing out of my bathroom like a sir-ahhh-cco, blazing across the land, into your town, into your home, slamming into yer radio like a supercharged nano particular of dank energy. You’ve arrived at a nexus-ass point, a crossroads of shadow people and a worker in the light, a phantasmicable oracle market place of ideas and blasphemics, grand melting pot of cultures and subculturals, from the benign to the bizarre, all on the same path searching for breadcrumbs of cosmetic understanding and hoping we’ll be able to follow the tail back to where we started. Greetings from the boldest, bawdiest most outrageous city in the world, the planetary capital of sun, fun, sin, sextants and secrets, my not so humble hometown, St.Louis, Missouri. My name is George Noory, your occasional host, your designated drunk driver of the airwaves, and moderator of tonight’s upcoming cacophon-ical of conversation. Glad to be with you once again.”

(ACTUAL KNAPP VERSION:)
“Good evening everyone, you’re in the right place at the right time. This is Coast to Coast AM. Coming at you, blasting out of the Mojave Desert like a sirocco, blazing across the land, into your town, into your home, slamming into your radio like a supercharged nano particle of dark energy. You’ve arrived at a nexus point, a crossroads of shadow and light, a phantasmic oracle market place of ideas and blasphemies, grand melting pot of cultures and subcultures, from the benign to the bizarre, all on the same path searching for breadcrumbs of cosmic understanding and hoping we’ll be able to follow the trail back to where we started. Greetings from the boldest, bawdiest most outrageous city in the world, the planetary capital of sun, fun, sin, sex and secrets, my not so humble hometown, Las Vegas, Nevada. My name is George Knapp, your occasional host, your designated driver of the airwaves, and moderator of tonight’s upcoming cacophony of conversation. Glad to be with you once again.”

MV/Liberace!

holy shite.  what an into knapp uses.  sure as hell beats that "from the city of angels..." bilge.

i must confess i've never heard him, although i consistently hear good things about him.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: MV on December 05, 2009, 08:24:03 PM
holy shite.  what an into knapp uses.  sure as hell beats that "from the city of angels..." bilge.

i must confess i've never heard him, although i consistently hear good things about him.

Yep.  In a sane alternate universe he was the successor to Bell.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

EvB

Two most common c2c questions regarding intros and exits:

"What's a sirocco?"  And "What does Deus te Amat mean?"

Curtis Loew

Quote from: EvB on December 05, 2009, 08:30:40 PM
Two most common c2c questions regarding intros and exits:

"What's a sirocco?"  And "What does Deus te Amat mean?"

If memory serves,  Sirocco  is a wind of some type.  In this case it could be Noory's butt wind,  I'm really not sure to be honest.

I think( and I could be wrong)   Deus te Amat  means  "God be with you"  or something similar.

EvB

Quote from: Curtis Loew on December 05, 2009, 11:56:59 PM
If memory serves,  Sirocco  is a wind of some type.  In this case it could be Noory's butt wind,  I'm really not sure to be honest.

I think( and I could be wrong)   Deus te Amat  means  "God be with you"  or something similar.

Pretty good Curits -- A sirocco is like a hot, dry hurricane. Deus te Amat means "God loves you"  -- Ian's sign off is "Deus te Amat, and I do too" 

Now here is the part where I get lost a little.  I think that in Latin there are multiple words for love - each with a particular shade of meaning.  But that may be contextual.  Not sure.  But in general - the root "amo" is used the way we use "love" in English.  Everything form "I love to play WoW" to "I love my newborn child more than my own life"