• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Could this be?

Started by giftedchild, June 20, 2009, 05:59:21 PM

giftedchild

I used to sometimes frequent the GLP before it was shut down and just before it was  given a death sentence I pointed out how one of you know who's shows sounded very familiar.   Well one member pointed out that it was against FCC rules to rebroadcast without first announcing on the radio as such.

During the call-in segment of the show I remembered some of the calls and questions.  Then as I suspected there was GN saying we were only a few days away from April 19th, but we were in the month of May.  I went to C2C's website and nowhere was it indicated a rebroadcast of any part of the show.   The following night listing the prior night's show in the last sentence there it said "first hour open lines rebroadcast of April whatever, 2006 or 7" (sorry I'm getting old and my memory sometimes goes on vacation).

I don't listen to his show much anymore (thank God) but sometimes do when I'm feeling depressed and need a laugh.  I do remember another show having the same qualities.

Seems the dynamic duo might be rebroadcasting shows with repeat guest along with open line callers.  This is the reason for that 8 hour prep GN talks about.  I guess it takes that long to snip and tape shows together.

You even gotta laugh when they included all those callers giving G a compliment.

Now did the GLP shutdown the thread because they were warned before not to keep count of the thread in competition to another GLP or did it shut down because this little secret was out?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: giftedchild on June 20, 2009, 05:59:21 PM
This is the reason for that 8 hour prep GN talks about. 
is this true?  he claims to do 8 hours of prep?

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on June 22, 2009, 11:24:32 AM
is this true?  he claims to do 8 hours of prep?

Seven and a half hours of nap-time, 30 minutes of day dreaming.

Lunger

Its true!  I heard him say it.

I bolted up like someone had set off a cattle prod on my backside.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Lunger on June 22, 2009, 01:40:17 PM
Its true!  I heard him say it.

so... george reads a few news stories at the beginning, takes a few calls from some half-wits who started listening to the show in 2006 and have no idea wtf they've missed, and then brings on a guest who provides him with a list of questions which he dutifully reads for the next 3 hours.  this requires 8 hours of fucking showprep?  is he kidding me?

Quote from: The Philosopher on June 22, 2009, 11:43:45 AM
Seven and a half hours of nap-time, 30 minutes of day dreaming.
this MUST be true.

giftedchild

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on June 22, 2009, 04:39:53 PM
so... george reads a few news stories at the beginning, takes a few calls from some half-wits who started listening to the show in 2006 and have no idea wtf they've missed, and then brings on a guest who provides him with a list of questions which he dutifully reads for the next 3 hours.  this requires 8 hours of fucking showprep?  is he kidding me?
this MUST be true.

Yep, to hear him say it.

But I believe him and Tommy take that long just to piece together the shows with repeat guess.  I've listened and sometimes I swear faintly remembering his guess say the same exact thing.  It was like that with the psychic who had the weird white hair -- I forgot his name.  Y'all know who I'm talking about, he plays Vegas and looks like a white haired Elvis.

I remembered during the show the psychic was talking about Lacey Peterson's disappearance just before they found her body and he was helping Lacey's father.  It was another one of those stupid George Noory times when he failed to ask the next logical question that everyone else would have asked, which would have been did Peterson really murder Lacey and how did he do it.

But nooooooo, the idiot again switched the subject altogether then I remembered having the same reaction to the same subject with this same psychic.    George and Tommy had simply rebroadcasted an earlier show only interjecting up to date information in the first hour along with old snipets of open lines.

This is the reason for the 8 hour prep.  They did this with another frequent guest.

They're probably pressing the tape and skipping out trying to pick up some old chicks or retreating to a hotel together after falling in a uh.....what did he call it....a swimming pool and getting soaking wet? lol

P.S.  I would wager that he also tapes some segments of the first hour too.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: giftedchild on June 22, 2009, 05:22:54 PM
It was another one of those stupid George Noory times when he failed to ask the next logical question that everyone else would have asked, which would have been did Peterson really murder Lacey and how did he do it.
omfg... you mean he actually failed to deliver on this?  it seems so OBVIOUSLY to be the logical question an interviewer would ask in that context.  fuck me running.

by the way... i had to edit your post just to i could fix my stupid grammatical error.  didn't want u to think i edited your words or anything.

Lunger

He certainly doens't spend a second of time proofing his copy for the opening segment.  Some people can read cold, but George is just not that clever.

The last couple of days have given us a few new words, a few new 'twists' on pronunciations ...  I fail to mention them here.

I mean, how many times can you beat a dead horse?

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Lunger on June 25, 2009, 01:33:29 PM
He certainly doens't spend a second of time proofing his copy for the opening segment.  Some people can read cold, but George is just not that clever.

The last couple of days have given us a few new words, a few new 'twists' on pronunciations ...  I fail to mention them here.

I mean, how many times can you beat a dead horse?

No prep, no care, no consequences. 

Lunger

Quote from: PW on June 25, 2009, 01:37:30 PM

No prep, no care, no consequences.

You know.  That is exactly right.  He doesn't care. 

And that is what pisses me off the most.

EvB

Eight hours a prep a WEEK maybe?  Geeze - you'd think he could get more engaged even with that much.

MABUSE

Quote from: Lunger on June 22, 2009, 01:40:17 PM Its true!  I heard him say it.

Quote from: The Philosopher on June 22, 2009, 11:43:45 AM Seven and a half hours of nap-time, 30 minutes of day dreaming.
this MUST be true.     

I FEEL IT IN MY GUT!
No, wait... that's the wasabi interacting with the tequila, nevermind.   
**M**

KnyeGuy

Quote from: giftedchild on June 22, 2009, 05:22:54 PM
P.S.  I would wager that he also tapes some segments of the first hour too.

I'd almost agree with you on that, except for the fact that he trips over so many words that a pre-taping simply couldn't be possible.

Actually, on second thought, I guess it would be feasible. The shows producers seem to let him slide on so many things, that improper grammar & pronunciation on a pre-taped segment would probably seem fine to them.

Supernormal

It does seem that way at times. I wouldn't be surprised if you're right, but many of the shows are so repetitive that they seem like reruns. He asks the same questions each time the same guests are on the show, with little to no deviation. He also sometimes neglects to announce repeats during the last parts of Friday programs.

The shows with Fanthorpe are the most repetitive. I like Lionel, who seems like a genuine and good man, but he tells the same eight or nine tales each time he's on the show. This happens because Noory insists that he tell the same ones (Springheeled Jack, green children, moving coffins, Croglin vampire) that we've heard a zillion times instead of letting him tell new ones. I'm sure that Lionel has more than eight tales in his repertoire.