• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Chine

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 17, 2018, 11:44:08 AM
Anyone here want to reach out to her? Or do you all think she still reads bellgab? It would be an epic show.

I agree, PB. Not sure who keeps in touch with her. Maybe the old Bella gang? 

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Chine on April 17, 2018, 11:50:46 AM
I agree, PB. Not sure who keeps in touch with her. Maybe the old Bella gang?
Perhaps this is best a task for someone like white crow as he loves all if my memory serves?

Taco Bell

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 17, 2018, 10:04:01 AM
Bradley Frank:  "Heather, did Art leave any advice on how to get mitd syndicated?"

Heather Wade: "He was working on that when he passed. All he wanted was for Midnight In The Desert to be successful. I miss him so much."

Interesting. Wonder how close that was to happening?

First step would have been to have a quality product. Not shitting on mitd or heather here...Take a station that's been running C2C since the 90's, they may or may not have local advertisers, but let's be honest, most stations will run PSA's and best time available spots when their day parts are full during overnight programming. What reason do they have to replace a program that's been running for years with something else? Mitd isn't going to bring in any additional ad revenue on a local level for existing markets. The stations are going to want to see numbers of subscribers, ad revenue...guessing it's not that impressive.

How long has Heather been on, 2 years? 3 years? You can't just hop behind a mic and expect a national audience. It's a  craft, it takes time to develop that skill. 3 years isnt enough. He was working on advice to have the show branch out? Lady, that should have been in the works the first day you took over, along with a show that was your own that complimented your style, which should have been developed long before taking the job in the first place. I get being swept up in the excitement of working with a big name, of doing your own radio show after entertaining a closed group of 30 or so people on podcasts, but this is a whole different animal. Radio is a business where if your content dosent cut it you're out the door because the money isn't there.

Wanting his legacy to continue...more like wanting the job to continue. Have that legacy continue through his past work. It may as well be carried on through C2C just as much as mitd since he created both. Radio isn't easy. Continuing to walk in someone else's shoes isn't easy. Blow it up, basically start over, make it your own, brand yourself as much as the new program you develop.

End of rant...sorry I blew up

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on April 17, 2018, 12:19:56 PM
Social media was a mistake

Because it made stupid people feel like even they have something to contribute?

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Chine on April 17, 2018, 10:55:59 AM
Even after Art handed over MITD, many assisted Heather while she was in a crazy predicament to adjust to taking it over. Several called her, helped her through it, help with equipment.

As Curtis mentioned on the last GabCast, we all supported her as she was on GabCast herself (her first time in air) ... then it got weird. That phone call with Bateman was a tipping point.

I want to know whatever happened to Popple?

She was one of my favorite posters!

She seemed to have disappeared after going to New York.

Chine

Quote from: WhiteCrow on April 17, 2018, 12:22:37 PM
I want to know whatever happened to Popple?

She was one of my favorite posters!

She seemed to have disappeared after going to New York.

Crow! I was just wondering the same the other day. I miss her. She was always a delight here.

SredniVashtar

The MiTD people really ought to have someone go on the GC. At the very worst it's free publicity at a time when more people than usual are likely to listen.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Chine on April 17, 2018, 12:26:41 PM
Crow! I was just wondering the same the other day. I miss her. She was always a delight here.

Is someone you consider a delight just someone who agrees with you all the time?

Asking for a friend. :)

ItsOver

Quote from: ShayP on April 17, 2018, 10:24:48 AM
"BellGab have been trying to topple MITD from the beginning." ~ Lasha Seniuk

WTF?  All I can do is laugh.  Especially when Heather talks shit about BellGab.  She was 100% BellGabber and flipped.  These people are pathetic.
Ha!  We all know MV has been colluding with the Ruskies to topple MITD.  Oh, and the Canadians, too.

chefist

Quote from: ItsOver on April 17, 2018, 12:33:03 PM
Ha!  We all know MV has been colluding with the Ruskies to topple MITD.  Oh, and the Canadians, too.

We really know who is making all these people, "dance".

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 17, 2018, 12:31:46 PM
Is someone you consider a delight just someone who agrees with you all the time?

Asking for a friend. :)

Take no notice, Chine. This mongoloid makes it a point of principle to be a dick to everyone on the board. And he doesn't have any friends, as you can tell.

weeberwubber

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 17, 2018, 10:11:42 AM
Supporting documents below! We make a great team bells.

The asinine stuff from Lasha and some of this from Heather had me simply shaking my head in befuddled disbelief but the "Let's do it for Art. Please..." comment made me throw up in my mouth a little.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SredniVashtar on April 17, 2018, 12:42:02 PM
Take no notice, Chine. This mongoloid makes it a point of principle to be a dick to everyone on the board. And he doesn't have any friends, as you can tell.

Someone from an island of inbred pedophiles is calling me a mongoloid. How quaint! :D

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 17, 2018, 12:43:09 PM
Someone from an island of inbred pedophiles is calling me a mongoloid. How quaint! :D

At least you have the decency not to deny it, panface.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: weeberwubber on April 17, 2018, 12:43:04 PM
The asinine stuff from Lasha and some of this from Heather had me simply shaking my head in befuddled disbelief but the "Let's do it for Art. Please..." comment made me throw up in my mouth a little.

Stop it! Your throwing up in your mouth a little just made me throw up in my mouth a little. Do you want to start a peristaltic chain reaction?! :P

ItsOver

Quote from: chefist on April 17, 2018, 12:37:04 PM
We really know who is making all these people, "dance".

LOL.  Now we know what Jorch has been doing during his 8 hours of daily show prep. Working to bring down HW's empire.  In between naps and doughnut breaks.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SredniVashtar on April 17, 2018, 12:45:00 PM
At least you have the decency not to deny it, panface.

I fully deny it, buttboy. :P

chefist

Quote from: ItsOver on April 17, 2018, 12:45:30 PM
LOL.  Now we know what Jorch has been doing during his 8 hours of daily show prep. Working to bring down HW's empire.  In between naps and doughnut breaks.

George and Dan doing show prep...

chefist

JUST IN FROM THE DARK WEB! MITD LEAKS!

Appears there are, "high level" efforts to get MITD and Rush to combine their mighty forces together!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: chefist on April 17, 2018, 12:52:43 PM

Appears there are, "high level" efforts to get MITD and Rush to combine their mighty forces together!

Yeah, she's not really playing in reality, is she? :D

ItsOver

Quote from: chefist on April 17, 2018, 12:49:17 PM
George and Dan doing show prep...

Ha!  I hope you're enjoying all this, Art!  Say hello to The Big Guy in the sky for us, setting next to The Spaghetti Monster.

Taco Bell

Quote from: chefist on April 17, 2018, 12:52:43 PM

Can't that dummy look into her crystal ball and know it's not going to work?

ItsOver

Quote from: Taco Bell on April 17, 2018, 12:56:39 PM

Can't that dummy look into her crystal ball and know it's not going to work?
Living proof why one shouldn't smoke rose bushes.

WOTR

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 17, 2018, 03:01:04 AM
stereotypical lesbians scare the shit out of me.
How is this not the upper right?  >:(