• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Leo Ashcraft - Dark Matter News - A Long Side Knight

Started by Waco Kid, August 22, 2015, 10:17:25 AM

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on October 03, 2015, 05:59:55 PM
Yeah, I would caution Art also about broadcasting about stuff also, though appreciate he wants to let us know what is going on or whatever changes he needs to be careful also. Though I'm sure he knows the limits due to his unfortunate frequent legal situations. Social media=bad when dealing with any controversial, legal, employment, or emotional issue.

Personally, I value the candor with which all parties have addressed the situation as it is hugely entertaining.  The only danger is boring the audience, and we're a long ways from that.

I hope Leo, Dave and Art all call the gabcast hahaha

chefist

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 03, 2015, 06:13:07 PM
Ashcraft's really behaving stupidly. He's just showing any potential business contacts that he can't be trusted with any kind of sensitive information. There are more reasons than simple etiquette that you don't do this kind of shit.

So true...unprofessional and just asinine... He does seem emotionally unstable

lonevoice

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 03, 2015, 06:13:07 PM
Ashcraft's really behaving stupidly. He's just showing any potential business contacts that he can't be trusted with any kind of sensitive information. There are more reasons than simple etiquette that you don't do this kind of shit.
Yes. Yes. and Yes.   :)

One time might be an accident, two times a conspiracy, but when a guy spends all night and the next day dumping out privileged information he's either stupid or insane. In either case, Art doesn't need that.

chefist

Quote from: lonevoice on October 03, 2015, 06:18:56 PM

One time might be an accident, two times a conspiracy, but when a guy spends all night and the next day dumping out privileged information he's either stupid or insane. In either case, Art doesn't need that.

Better they part ways now than let any more time pass...it's really a positive situation

twiki

Or drunk. Don't discount the power of booze.

bateman

Quote from: jazmunda on October 03, 2015, 06:14:56 PM
I always assumed Jeffrey was Leo's son and Jerry's cousin.

Leo always referred to him as your Cousin Jeffrey when talking to Jerry.

Is there a job for Jimmy church and Falkie?

Oh that's right.

And it would be fitting, wouldn't it? Job is a 4 letter word to Falkie though.

SciFiAuthor

What's worse is that Ashcraft started it by swiping at Rowland first. This is all on Ashcraft, and it's just sad. I agree with Chef, he appears emotionally unstable especially in light of what Art said last night was really not that bad, he just explained what happened.

Quote from: twiki on October 03, 2015, 06:22:08 PM
Or drunk. Don't discount the power of booze.

Haha last time I was drunk I cursed out Noory.

Ashcraft posted on FB he has no interest in joining C2C

bateman

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 03, 2015, 06:15:59 PM
Personally, I value the candor with which all parties have addressed the situation as it is hugely entertaining.  The only danger is boring the audience, and we're a long ways from that.

Royal fuckin' Rumble. 37 minutes to go...

inuk2600

Quote from: chefist on October 03, 2015, 06:20:26 PM
Better they part ways now than let any more time pass...it's really a positive situation

Separating the wheat from the chaff, as it were.

twiki

As much as I'd give my right ball sack to hear this it is probably the worst thing any of the parties involved could do.

Having said that make it so.

chefist

Quote from: nooryisawesome on October 03, 2015, 06:23:40 PM
Haha last time I was drunk I cursed out Noory.

Ashcraft posted on FB he has no interest in joining C2C

Lol classic incident leading up to Art's return! Golden!

Quote from: twiki on October 03, 2015, 06:27:27 PM
As much as I'd give my right ball sack to hear this it is probably the worst thing any of the parties involved could do.

Captain Picard in the house.

albrecht

Leo going to C2C with Norry is sorta like the old joke about an aggie transferring to ou. Thereby raising the collective IQ of both states and GPAs of both schools. In my opinion. I just don't like it if it hurts Art and MITD and its expansion to real radio in addition to the interwebs.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: norland2424 on October 03, 2015, 06:31:57 PM
Wait where is cry baby leo calling into?

There's a gabcast in a few minutes and it's speculated that Ashcraft could call in.

ItsOver

Quote from: chefist on October 03, 2015, 06:20:26 PM
Leo can go give Dave diction lessons. I hope the exit door didn't hit him in the backside.

Dyna-X

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on October 03, 2015, 05:01:15 PM
I agree, and Art should be on the phone with his lawyer.

No matter how anyone "feels" about who is right and who is wrong, who has been mean, all the he said she said, who intended what, its almost meaningless. Everything in this matter really boils down to what is in the contracts. That is how it works in radio terrestrial and now internet radio.  All the parties involved are adults. When they sign a contract it is their responsibility to understand it.  Somewhere the wires got crossed in who was thinking what.  When it gets really ugly, well that is a matter for attorneys to sort out.   It is entirely possible that by contract law, Leo is only entitled to $120.17.  But I have not seen the contract, nor am I an attorney so I don't know and can't suggest if that is legally fair or not.

As for the moral and personal side of things beyond that, we weren't there and we are not getting the full story from everyone involved. I liked Leo's newscasts even with the flaws, and of course love Art's shows.  Who am I to judge personally or take sides with Art, Leo, or Keith without all the details known? The show is just the tip of the iceberg on top of virtually unknown workings and office politics of half a dozen people or more. I really just want to enjoy the show and share here on Bellgab. I hope this can give some perspective.

b_dubb

Quote from: bateman on October 03, 2015, 06:06:39 PM
You also want like 12 shows a week, when am I supposed to sleep?  :P
That's what the cocaine is for

K_Dubb

Quote from: twiki on October 03, 2015, 06:27:27 PM

Well yeah any PR person would kill it immediately but I hate that phony PR shit.  As long as nobody descends to libel or slander I still believe a manly airing of grievances to be the only way to actually move forward.

Brb starting the popcorn

WhiteCrow

Why do you hate Keith?    I'm backing Keith in this rumble....
4 KOs   O loses, ugly and mean, a pure street fighter

Quote from: b_dubb on October 03, 2015, 06:35:50 PM
That's what the cocaine is for

I know, he lives in New York we all know how easy it is to get it there. I have no idea why Steve is complaining. Selfish bastard.  :P

Kolchak

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 03, 2015, 06:37:13 PM
Well yeah any PR person would kill it immediately but I hate that phony PR shit.  As long as nobody descends to libel or slander I still believe a manly airing of grievances to be the only way to actually move forward.

Brb starting the popcorn

Kind of hoping for Leo to mispronounce an obscenity.

K_Dubb

Quote from: WhiteCrow on October 03, 2015, 06:38:28 PM
Why do you hate Keith?    I'm backing Keith in this rumble....
4 KOs   O loses, ugly and mean, a pure street fighter

Hahaha and he must be Irish to boot.  To paraphrase your champion, it's a fun time to be had for sure.

GravitySucks

Quote from: nooryisawesome on October 03, 2015, 06:38:52 PM
I know, he lives in New York we all know how easy it is to get it there. I have no idea why Steve is complaining. Selfish bastard.  :P
I think Steve just has a confidence problem.

Valiant Thor

I'm going to call my friend, that singer, Be-yonse. We're going to fly to Guan-tom-in-no bay, Cuba. Then it's off to Egypt to visit the tombs of Queen Neff-fur-tee and Toot-and-cumin. Oh. And I can't forget The statue of King Kimmie-kimmie-ha in Hawaii.

iBelieve

Anyobody who cares or for the guy that wanted a pic; this is Leo Ashcraft https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-0rQDYayray4/T6f7yW9so6I/AAAAAAAAAkw/PHELXSv7DA8/w910-h606-no/2012-05-07  Taken from his google plus account, apparently this guy owned a pretty big FM Radio equipment company that went bankrupt last year. Also, he´s an amateur body builder, lol https://plus.google.com/+LeoAshcraft/photos/photo/5739833092579142210?pid=5739833092579142210&oid=113780225113046775179