• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

WOTR

Quote from: ItsTelly on January 24, 2018, 02:15:19 PM
P.S.  Not off to a good start on MITD. They took my $5 and I don't have access to the archives even though I am logged in.
Write to producer Paul and complain.  I understand that he is a very much a people person and will likely appreciate the feedback.  ;)

MV/Liberace!

They took my $5 and I don't have access to the archives even though I am logged in.

It's my understanding that's how it's supposed to work.

cweb

They took my $5 and I don't have access to the archives even though I am logged in.
Congratulations. You now have access to all of Heather's good shows.

The show's much better since the switch to an all cat-talk format. The opening 30 minute reading-aloud segment also has 50% less throat clearing.

ItsOver

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on January 25, 2018, 09:51:02 AM
The show's much better since the switch to an all cat-talk format. The opening 30 minute reading-aloud segment also has 50% less throat clearing.
Ha!  The show should officially be renamed "Cat Talk!"  It can still maintain the supposed Art Bell-connection, without being confused with Bell's radio past.

Fyodor Gutman

How much is Heather earning for this show? Or is she simply on AB's payroll?

Under what scenario would a failed radio show with cratering subscriptions be entering its third year of operation?

Jackstar

Quote from: Fyodor Gutman on January 25, 2018, 02:52:14 PM
How much is Heather earning for this show? Or is she simply on AB's payroll?

Under what scenario would a failed radio show with cratering subscriptions be entering its third year of operation?

The equipment and housing for the talent/doublewide hamshack was bought before the quittening
The "producer" is paid for with hidden plugs for that flashing light gizmo which she is a sales representative for
Neckbeard/Heather's salary and bandwidth costs are funded by Art's endless pool of FU money he got from Premiere for the archives

The show's an old geezer's Corvette up on blocks under a tarp collecting dust in the garage. He knows he'll probably never use it again, but the thought of it being there gives him comfort

... Under what scenario would a failed radio show with cratering subscriptions be entering its third year of operation?

Has George only been around 3 years?  Is seems like 20

TigerLily

If tonight's show bombs at least we have the frogs to listen to

TigerLily

What the ...????  Ok it's back. Really interesting show

Norm

Quote from: TigerLily on January 26, 2018, 01:11:21 AM
What the ...????  Ok it's back. Really interesting show

Heather Wade " Well doctor speaking of Tesla, who talked to extraterrestrials from mars, Donald Trump's Uncle was an FBI agent who raided Tesla's apartment after his death and took all his notes and patents"

Wowee Heather...how do you do it?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Norm on January 26, 2018, 02:04:11 AM
Heather Wade " Well doctor speaking of Tesla, who talked to extraterrestrials from mars, Donald Trump's Uncle was an FBI agent who raided Tesla's apartment after his death and took all his notes and patents"

Using RoseGirl as a spirit guide?

TigerLily

lol. Salla was great. Heather was best when she kept the comments to a minimum. But I really did enjoy the show

Glad you changed your avatar. I'm straight but I still found the old one rather mesmerizing

WhiteCrow

Quote from: TigerLily on January 26, 2018, 03:01:44 AM
lol. Salla was great. Heather was best when she kept the comments to a minimum. But I really did enjoy the show

Glad you changed your avatar. I'm straight but I still found the old one rather mesmerizing

The frogs in the background of Salla talking and all the talk about ice sheets had me mesmerised.

Jackstar

This story is old. I'm impressed that she's gotten this far.

Robert

Quote from: ItsTelly on January 24, 2018, 02:15:19 PM"I prefer to see the host draw out other people's ideas, get them to explain them, and then poke holes in them and to give them enough rope to hang themselves.
Once the host starts preaching , I'm done."

I completely agree.  This is why Art was such a great interviewer.  He would ask genuinely insightful questions and wasn't afraid to call 'bullshit' on a guest. Snoory glad-handles guests and acts like he is running a cheesy nightclub
David Brudnoy would have a guest on & as soon as the guest was off call him a liar.  When asked why he wasn't tougher on his interviewees, he said it'd be harder to get them on the show & to cooperate if they knew they'd be subjected to a grilling.

But that's probably because of the difference in subject matter.  Brudnoy had on politicians, whom he said were all liars.  They're people who think they're doing you a favor by going on your show.  Coast has on people hungry for exposure -- people of whom we like to play the game here (but I haven't seen entries in lately) of legit, charlatan, deluded, or crazy?  Noory doesn't have to softball them, so it seems that's all he can do.

Robert

Quote from: ItsOver on January 25, 2018, 10:45:25 AMHa!  The show should officially be renamed "Cat Talk!"
That's what Bronwyn used to do on WFMU every few yrs.: change the title & format & contents of her show.

Robert

Robert

Quote from: Norm on January 26, 2018, 02:04:11 AMHeather Wade " Well doctor speaking of Tesla, who talked to extraterrestrials from mars, Donald Trump's Uncle was an FBI agent who raided Tesla's apartment after his death and took all his notes and patents"

She listens to other DMDN programs.  That's where I heard it.  Of course that last little bit was said by the interviewer there to be speculative.  It was at the end of a long discussion involving the proto-Nazi cx of the mysterious airship inventors.

See, I told you the other DMDN programs are better than MITD.

I could see the threat of being grilled as part of the appeal. It would be entertaining, and an entertaining show would attract more listeners. More listeners would make more guests want to appear on the show for the wider exposure, but at the risk of being grilled. I think if they actually believed their own BS, like Whitley Anal Probe Streiber, Richard C Hoagland, or Danyon Brinkley, they would be so sure of themselves that the threat of being grilled would not deter them. They believe their own stories and believe they are invulnerable to pot-shots and grilling. Not that I want to listen to their same dog and pony shows yet again, but it would be entertaining to listen to them crash and burn.

Quote from: Robert on January 26, 2018, 12:41:48 PM
David Brudnoy would have a guest on & as soon as the guest was off call him a liar.  When asked why he wasn't tougher on his interviewees, he said it'd be harder to get them on the show & to cooperate if they knew they'd be subjected to a grilling.

But that's probably because of the difference in subject matter.  Brudnoy had on politicians, whom he said were all liars.  They're people who think they're doing you a favor by going on your show.  Coast has on people hungry for exposure -- people of whom we like to play the game here (but I haven't seen entries in lately) of legit, charlatan, deluded, or crazy?  Noory doesn't have to softball them, so it seems that's all he can do.

Robert

Quote from: Robtheacidghost on January 26, 2018, 01:02:05 PMI think if they actually believed their own BS, like Whitley Anal Probe Streiber
Seriously?  I threw in long ago on "charlatan" with him.  You think he's deluded ot crazy?

Quote from: Robert on January 26, 2018, 01:05:51 PM
Seriously?  I threw in long ago on "charlatan" with him.  You think he's deluded ot crazy?
I think Whitley Streiber believes his own story. His story, however, is clearly not real. My impression is that years ago, he experienced a series of episodes of sleep paralysis combined with vivid hypnagogic imagery. Essentially, it was a  lucid dream about being abducted by aliens. At the time of the experiences, he was already a published fiction writer. So, he suddenly had these weird experiences, and as a writer he naturally spun them into a story, one which I think he believed.

Although he is a skilled showman, talented fiction writer, and shameless self-promoter, he gives the impression of being or having been ignorant of sleep research and neuroscience -- basically, he was too dumb to know the difference between a dream and reality. In his defense, lucid dreams, out of body experiences, and hypnagogic experiences are extremely compelling. The Monroe Institute and other organisations, for example, at some point researched them and now teach OBEs. The phenomenon of OBE is well-documented, but a lot of people are convinced that OBEs give access to an objectively real plane of existence. The reason I tend to believe he believes his own story is because I've had nearly identical dream experiences with the Roswell Gray alien - sleep paralysis, floating above my bed, abduction to the astral plane, UFO alien operating room themes attended by short, telepathic bio-robotic Roswell Grays. The dreams were realistic classic "abduction" experiences. A child or an idiot wouldn't be able to see that they are not real.

Danyon brinkley, on the other hand, I suspect is flat out lying. His lies have been documented. His examining physician and ambulance medic at one point gave statements to that effect. Basically, he changes his story whenever it suits him.

OK, got to go. The Secret Life of Cats is on television.

TigerLily

I guess I'm feeling generous after last night's show - but then I usually feel generous after a good night - because I think Heather is developing a good strategy for her show. It's not rocket science but a good commonsense approach to getting better every day.

Sticking to her strengths (paranormal, ufo's, witchery); Avoiding her weaknesses (science, politics); and get the strongest guests possible that can carry most of the load while she continues to learn her craft. She is obviously doing her homework and getting more familiar with her topics.

Some advice I would pass on is that if the guest is doing well keep the interruptions to a minimum. Conversation will develop naturally.

TigerLily

Quote from: Robert on January 26, 2018, 01:05:51 PM

I agree with charlatan. The dead giveaway was the "Victor" debacle. Now the new thing with his dead wife seems, sadly, something he really believes

Robert

Quote from: Robtheacidghost on January 26, 2018, 01:47:49 PMI think Whitley Streiber believes his own story. His story, however, is clearly not real. My impression is that years ago, he experienced a series of episodes of sleep paralysis combined with vivid hypnagogic imagery. Essentially, it was a  lucid dream about being abducted by aliens. At the time of the experiences, he was already a published fiction writer. So, he suddenly had these weird experiences, and as a writer he naturally spun them into a story, one which I think he believed.

Although he is a skilled showman, talented fiction writer, and shameless self-promoter, he gives the impression of being or having been ignorant of sleep research and neuroscience -- basically, he was too dumb to know the difference between a dream and reality. In his defense, lucid dreams, out of body experiences, and hypnagogic experiences are extremely compelling.
Then in the poll of "legit, charlatan, deluded, or crazy", you're saying deluded.

But you're using the term "lucid dream" wrong.  Lucid dreams are completely uncompelling.  They're dreams in which you're aware you're dreaming, so they're the least compelling type of dream you could have, by definition.

Quote from: TigerLily on January 25, 2018, 11:51:19 PM
Cthulhu!
=======================================
'Allo!
With you yet am i perforce.
Not able to hear shows here.
(long story...)
Wondering am i why you invoke the tenticled one,here...
Is Heather & co."at sea"?,literally or figurativley?
Either way,i see internal vision here of the corpse of Mr.Lovecraft spinning in his grave about 100 rpm..
Carry on and hope the tentacled one agrees..
"For,with strange Aeons,even death may die"...
"B_B"
PS:No Logo!
"][ 7VF ][
PPS:Look for an new thread soon...

TigerLily

Quote from: Beelzebubbelah on January 26, 2018, 11:21:34 PM
=======================================
'Allo!
With you yet am i perforce.
Not able to hear shows here.
(long story...)
Wondering am i why you invoke the tenticled one,here...
Is Heather & co."at sea"?,literally or figurativley?
Either way,i see internal vision here of the corpse of Mr.Lovecraft spinning in his grave about 100 rpm..
Carry on and hope the tentacled one agrees..
"For,with strange Aeons,even death may die"...
"B_B"
PS:No Logo!
"][ 7VF ][
PPS:Look for an new thread soon...

Yello B_B

Last night Heather had a show on Mysterious Antarctica. While discussing the melting of Antarctica and the exposure of vast underground caves,  supposedly while Buzz Aldrin was recently there he saw/experienced "something evil". Hence "Cthulhu"!

WhiteCrow

I'm listening to open lines tonight.  Its reminding me of the old days with Art.  Good job Heather.

Love ALL