• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Most hated radio commercials anyone?

Started by rolindos, August 22, 2011, 02:21:30 PM

b_dubb

Diedathome.com ... they just keep repeating that .... Should be a law

williedee

I listen to KSFO on my internet radios quite a few hours a day and the majority of their commercials are "MAYO CLINIC HEALTH MINUTE", "THE CORE!", or "TECH MINUTE" ...

ZHero

They have a PSA about an angry robot delivering angry text!
Robot voice; "Holla Back!  Holla Back!"

STFU!!! >:(

yumyumtree

Bob's Heating and Air Conditioning, probably Seattle-centric, but so smarmy.

Just recently, there's been a PSA about locking up guns that sounds suspiciously as if they would rather people just  not have guns.

yumyumtree

Quote from: sydtron on September 09, 2014, 10:31:15 PM
The Grainger boss can suck a truckfull of dicks!  Is this the 1950s???!!??  Are you an ex wise guy running a construction front?  Sometimes you sound like youre going to rape the kid. Drink a beer and calm down. Youre just ordering a bag of screws. 

Signed,
Everyone.

You nailed it.  As I said, mildly cute at first, now annoying

Who ever thought watching a thoroughly distracted man driving an Infiniti Q50 down a HIGHWAY, weaving and screeching to a halt would sell these things?  Looks like Infiniti drivers are too important and busy to pay attention to mundane things like OTHER drivers and road conditions.

Funny thing is, I was on my way home yesterday and saw a big, fancy infiniti pull up behind an older model Buick, horn blaring, and turn in front of me with NO turn signal.  I had to slam on my own brakes to avoid hitting him.  "Hmm, I didn't see THAT coming."

yumyumtree

I am getting tired of all window blind commercials, and especially uxorious talk show hosts who apparently spend their weekends putting up blinds ordered online and doing other around-the-house tasks.  I remember when Glenn Beck talked about changing his own water filters or whatever.

I just had a brilliant idea for a mashup of window blind and other home improvement ads and the many male enhancement type ads.  Next time you hear Lars Larsen say, "Tina is SO happy..."

zeebo

What about all the Nanny State PSA's about fatherhood and nutrition and teaching your kids to brush their teeth? 

The best part is not only are they annoying, but I'm helping pay for it.  So when I hear the dorky kid say "Yay I like crunchy food like carrots!" I get to be doubly annoyed.

zeebo

"You're faking it, and it's killing you.  You go around wearing a smile ...." 

SHUT UP!!

Designx

"I am having a stroke." "I am having a stroke." "I am having a stroke." "I am having a stroke." "I am having a stroke." "I am having a stroke." "I am having a stroke." "I am having a stroke." "I am having a stroke." "I am having a stroke." "I am having a stroke." "I am having a stroke." "I am having a stroke." "I am having a stroke." "I am having a stroke." 

wr250

from somewhere in the pacific ocean ...

yumyumtree

People have speculated on answers to burning questions about Carnivora here--

Now I would like to know: Just why IS medishare not available in Montana, and why should we care?

albrecht

Quote from: yumyumtree on November 06, 2014, 04:32:23 PM
People have speculated on answers to burning questions about Carnivora here--

Now I would like to know: Just why IS medishare not available in Montana, and why should we care?
Maybe like the ads for Berkley water filters say "not available in Iowa?" Rules or regulations about actually checking if products work? Or, maybe, related to them being manufactured (or business based) there and they have some weird tax issue so only want to sell to other states?

yumyumtree

Oh, I'm sure it's because of rules and regulations.  It just makes you wonder what was going on in their minds in Helena that day when somebody said, "you know that medishare thing they advertise on the radio?  A menace to society."

pate

Has the "Squatty Potty" commercial made this list yet?  If not it has now.

I feel like it is demeaning to Sasquatches along with its obvious other unpleasant attributes...

The General

I really hate these Reverendoctor Martinluther Kingjunior PSA's where the 120 year old man mutters unintelligible nonsense for 20 seconds.  Bad, bad radio.  Bad. 

ItsOver

TV commercials annoy me even more than radio.  The worst are the Liberty Mutual ones with the morons standing in front of the Statue of Liberty.  Anyone that stupid deserves to get screwed by an insurance company.

wr250

Quote from: ItsOver on January 14, 2015, 05:02:01 PM
TV commercials annoy me even more than radio.  The worst are the Liberty Mutual ones with the morons standing in front of the Statue of Liberty.  Anyone that stupid deserves to get screwed by an insurance company.

insurance companies exist to screw people. they have the govt's blessing (meaning people are forced to buy the insurance by law)  to do so in some cases.

albrecht

Commercials for C2C on my AM station. Though I do find it amusing when they use JBW or esp Art on them! And, even more suspect with regard to ratings, they are running C2C promo commercials DURING C2C more often....

Delphi

My dogs hair stopped falling out,  order DYNOVITE

The General

Quote from: Delphi on January 14, 2015, 06:25:56 PM
Ooh get the stinky dog away from me!

The General

Quote from: The General on January 14, 2015, 04:30:19 PM
I really hate these Reverendoctor Martinluther Kingjunior PSA's where the 120 year old man mutters unintelligible nonsense for 20 seconds.  Bad, bad radio.  Bad.

Heee..... shtayed..... focused???
Heee.... .shtayed..... committed?
Heeee........ shtayyed......

ENOUGH ALREADY!
Jesus, at least put a bed of music under the mothefucker.

The General

Quote from: Delphi on January 14, 2015, 06:25:56 PM
DinoVite is just repackaged Pizza Punch.

Eddie Coyle

The anal retentive douche for Granger who sounds like a Midwestern pedo.

yumyumtree

Here's one for you: Wii 365 or whatever it is--"eat a hot pepper to raise awareness of global warming."  I swear, this is like a parody of hashtag activism or slacktivism.  It puts me in mind of Rush Limbaugh and the deficit spending awareness ribbon.  Remember those?

yumyumtree

Since talk radio advertises so much Valentines junk this time of year, I though you guys might want some advice from a real woman. Naturally I don't speak for all women, but I probably speak for a high percentage of them.

Shari's Berries and other candies. Since the majority of women, especially over 30, have weight issues, don't get them candy unless they have asked for it. Especially if you are one of those "no fat chicks" types who insists that women stay in really good shape, this is cruel and sends mixed messages. For me personally, I prefer 100 Proof Southern Comfort, which I know has a lot of calories, but at least you can get drunk on it.  This may have some side benefits for you, as well.

Vermont Teddy Bears and other stuffed toys. NO, unless she is a stuffed toy type of gal, and you will already know if she is, by taking a look around her house.  Remember the Cheers episode where Sam has issues with Diane's stuffed animals?

Flowers.  Most women, not all, but most do like cut flowers. Those who don't may like a potted  plant or flower unless she has a black thumb, which you will be able to guess, again, by looking around her house or apartment.  Not all women like roses best, though.  Daffodils can be very nice, and don't cost much. Lilies are poisonous to cats, so don't get those for a cat lady. If you don't know anything about the language of flowers, you may want to bone up or risk a gaffe.  For example, red roses mean love, but yellow roses mean friendship.

Hope this has been helpful.  Jack Daniels is also nice.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: yumyumtree on February 07, 2015, 04:13:32 PM
Since talk radio advertises so much Valentines junk this time of year, I though you guys might want some advice from a real woman. Naturally I don't speak for all women, but I probably speak for a high percentage of them.

Shari's Berries and other candies. Since the majority of women, especially over 30, have weight issues, don't get them candy unless they have asked for it. Especially if you are one of those "no fat chicks" types who insists that women stay in really good shape, this is cruel and sends mixed messages. For me personally, I prefer 100 Proof Southern Comfort, which I know has a lot of calories, but at least you can get drunk on it.  This may have some side benefits for you, as well.

Vermont Teddy Bears and other stuffed toys. NO, unless she is a stuffed toy type of gal, and you will already know if she is, by taking a look around her house.  Remember the Cheers episode where Sam has issues with Diane's stuffed animals?

Flowers.  Most women, not all, but most do like cut flowers. Those who don't may like a potted  plant or flower unless she has a black thumb, which you will be able to guess, again, by looking around her house or apartment.  Not all women like roses best, though.  Daffodils can be very nice, and don't cost much. Lilies are poisonous to cats, so don't get those for a cat lady. If you don't know anything about the language of flowers, you may want to bone up or risk a gaffe.  For example, red roses mean love, but yellow roses mean friendship.

Hope this has been helpful.  Jack Daniels is also nice.

Essentially, avoid food but various alcoholic beverages will work as leg openers?

I think we knew that from about 14.  ;D

Gd5150

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 07, 2015, 04:24:36 PM

Essentially, avoid food but various alcoholic beverages will work as leg openers?

No flowers, and no dinner at a restaurant. Worst day of the year for both. And neither makes a bit of difference.
The irony is the less you try the harder the woman will try. Every relationship has a giver and a taker. Being the doormat is never fun. So sit back and let her do the heavy lifting. And if you're married, your life sucks either way LOL!

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 07, 2015, 04:24:36 PM

C'mon, you're just going to trot out your usual "68" routine, aren't you?  You know, the old  "You take care of me and I'll owe you one, luv."  Have you ever gotten a woman to fall for that dodge?

Quote from: Sumthins Goin On on July 02, 2014, 09:20:32 AM
How in the fuck are you anyway? I'm Andy Willoughby with the 3 Step Plan.

SHUT THE FUCK UP ASSHOLE!
Nothing but another special juice scam.

He has another equally annoying radio ad now: I Like How I Look dot Com