• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150831 - David Darling - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 31, 2015, 09:58:29 PM

Herbn-Legend

Not me😝 but hawaii BIG ISLAND #1 CALL ZONE

Designx

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 01, 2015, 12:04:49 AM
Mars is a dead world that may support some kind of microbes and is very hard to land on. Europa may support more than microbes and isn't all that much harder to land on than the moon. I think there will be a shift against Mars at some point.

And, again, when you get to the point where robots outdo humans as far as exploring a planet, then why take the risk?

I think we got the screwed on our solar system - I think it could have been much better!

Expandable space stations will be tested and proven in space within 12 months and then larger modules will increase space station size per cost by over ten times

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 01, 2015, 12:04:49 AM
Mars is a dead world that may support some kind of microbes and is very hard to land on. Europa may support more than microbes and isn't all that much harder to land on than the moon. I think there will be a shift against Mars at some point.

And, again, when you get to the point where robots outdo humans as far as exploring a planet, then why take the risk?

Dead world?  No.

Fleeting Wonders: A Surprisingly Huge Ice Sheet on Mars
http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/fleeting-wonders-a-surprisingly-huge-ice-sheet-on-mars

Europa is one interesting destination of MANY in the solar system.  We simply won't know what we've got out there until we fully explore it.

Humans will travel to Mars.  I'll bet my life on it.   8)

Lilith

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on September 01, 2015, 12:04:42 AM
too late. humanity plus (+) is already possible.  8)

They will never find me!  I'll hide under the table.  :-\

Bradsmith313

How many people have died?

WTF?! Must be a slow night over at C2C AM . . . .

=Schlyder=

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 01, 2015, 12:08:43 AM
How many people have died since the beginning of man?  Well, let me check my crystal ball for you, fella. ::)

I just googled.. as of 2012 they estimate a total of 107 Billion total living and dead humans.

Lilith

Quote from: zeebo on September 01, 2015, 12:02:24 AM
Sorry, guess I made it sound a little dreary.  On the plus side though, you'd probably have super-human strength.   :)

but but.....so would everybody else  :-[

starrmtn001

So, you die, that's one.  Then you reincarnate and die.  Is that still one, because it was you who died in the first place?  Or is that two because you got a replay?

Quote from: brig on September 01, 2015, 12:10:16 AM
They will never find me!  I'll hide under the table.  :-\

fine! just remember that stuffed specimens of humans will be needed for the museums.  ;D

AppealPlay

Guests like this make me want four hours of Art.  Really digging this show.

Herbn-Legend

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on September 01, 2015, 12:14:12 AM
fine! just remember that stuffed specimens of humans will be needed for the museums.  ;D
hahahahahahaha🍄🍄

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on September 01, 2015, 12:10:12 AM
Dead world?  No.

Dead, radioactive wasteland.

Fleeting Wonders: A Surprisingly Huge Ice Sheet on Mars
http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/fleeting-wonders-a-surprisingly-huge-ice-sheet-on-mars

Don't need people to explore that.

I *want* to explore Mars and the solar system with humans, but I think we passed the point where that was viable after Apollo. Our robots will simply get too good to justify it very quickly. And then our culture will change so dramatically as we get into advanced technology that it will become irrelevant to leave earth. Illogical to leave really.

jjsmooth

Is it just me or does there seem to be more commercials tonight?

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on September 01, 2015, 12:12:33 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5k0MtlWPOs

Good example. By the time you terraform Mars, terraforming goes obsolete because you can adjust human biology through nanotech to where you could conceivably make a human that can live on Mars.

AppealPlay

Quote from: VoteQuimby on September 01, 2015, 12:14:54 AM
Art isn't doing Fridays anymore?  :o

There isn't a spot on his schedule for Friday because it's always (or almost always) open lines.

Lilith

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on September 01, 2015, 12:14:12 AM

I'll make sure I comb my hair before I dive under the table then.   8)

phrodo

OHmy .. and he comes back with Highwayman ... double dose of favorite bumpers.  ;D