• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: ItsOver on March 27, 2019, 11:01:32 AM
I'm sure Heater is still working on her design.

slaving away, im sure.

Pizzapunch

Quote from: brig on March 27, 2019, 10:01:56 AM
Were there other submissions?

And what about the park bench people donated for?
info documents on bench from the last board meeting. http://www.nyecounty.net/DocumentCenter/View/34045

Quote from: Pizzapunch on March 27, 2019, 05:01:15 PM
info documents on bench from the last board meeting. http://www.nyecounty.net/DocumentCenter/View/34045

That is a nice gesture. I’m sure Arts family will appreciate it.

DynamoHum

The Little Podcast That Did is doing a very special show this Saturday 13th April 2019. For the first anniversary of Art Bell’s passing we are having Karen Jackson on the show to talk about her long time friend and share some very special memories.

As part of the show we’d love it if you could either be around to listen to the show and call in with your own best memory of Art and what made him and his show so special OR if you are feeling shy you can record a short audio clip with your special memory and send it in to us at ellgabnews@gmail.com (remember to include in the clip your name/handle and whether you are east of the Rockies, West of the Rockies or an International caller!).

We’d love to be able to share this very special show with all of you and look forward to seeing you in the chat or hearing from you from 8pm easter on the 13th. As a special bonus extra we have got permission to air a special interview with Art you may not have heard before, which will start at around 6pm eastern on the stream. It’s going to be a great night and we really hope you can be a part of it! Let’s celebrate Art!

When: Saturday 13th April
6pm est for the Art Interview
8pm LPTD with Karen Jackson

Where: https://lptd.home.blog

Genessee KC

I think the BellGab community should come together and get the Art Bell thread to 3700.

Quote from: Genessee KC on April 07, 2019, 08:31:14 PM
I think the BellGab community should come together and get the Art Bell thread to 3700.

LIT CITY> ARTS TIT CITY #RESPECCHISTITTIES

Genessee KC

Quote from: Richard Groyper on April 07, 2019, 08:36:00 PM
LIT CITY> ARTS TIT CITY #RESPECCHISTITTIES

Is this lit city???

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Genessee KC on April 07, 2019, 08:47:03 PM
Is this lit city???

Downtown Baltimore is Lit City?! ???

I feel so let down. :(

Asuka Langley

LIT CITY SUCK MHY PAYOT!

[Payot intensifies]

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 07, 2019, 08:48:13 PM
Downtown Baltimore is Lit City?! ???

I feel so let down. :(

B-more? LULZ more like SHIT CITY

Quote from: Genessee KC on April 07, 2019, 08:58:32 PM
8)

hello, police? yes, niggas wildn' out
[attachment=1]

Genessee KC

Quote from: Richard Groyper on April 07, 2019, 09:03:29 PM
hello, police? yes, niggas wildn' out
[attachment=1,msg1321306]

Black version of pepe

i got what you need, homies *honk honk*

[attachment=1]

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Richard Groyper on April 07, 2019, 09:44:34 PM
i got what you need, homies *honk honk*

[attachment=1,msg1321312]

Lit City! you got any molly?

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on April 07, 2019, 09:51:50 PM
Lit City! you got any molly?

drugs r bad
[attachment=1]

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Richard Groyper on April 07, 2019, 09:58:11 PM
drugs r bad
[attachment=1,msg1321314]

But a lot of fun at parties

Roswells, Art

Quote from: DynamoHum on April 07, 2019, 05:07:50 PM
The Little Podcast That Did is doing a very special show this Saturday 13th April 2019. For the first anniversary of Art Bell’s passing we are having Karen Jackson on the show to talk about her long time friend and share some very special memories.

As part of the show we’d love it if you could either be around to listen to the show and call in with your own best memory of Art and what made him and his show so special OR if you are feeling shy you can record a short audio clip with your special memory and send it in to us at ellgabnews@gmail.com (remember to include in the clip your name/handle and whether you are east of the Rockies, West of the Rockies or an International caller!).

We’d love to be able to share this very special show with all of you and look forward to seeing you in the chat or hearing from you from 8pm easter on the 13th. As a special bonus extra we have got permission to air a special interview with Art you may not have heard before, which will start at around 6pm eastern on the stream. It’s going to be a great night and we really hope you can be a part of it! Let’s celebrate Art!

When: Saturday 13th April
6pm est for the Art Interview
8pm LPTD with Karen Jackson

Where: https://lptd.home.blog

I'm no media mogul but I kind of feel the bolded should have been the lede here.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: albrecht on March 24, 2019, 03:55:53 PM
I spend a few days at a relatives back east and he had a chicken coup. It was awesome to get fresh, good tasting eggs daily but at some point it almost got too much.

My mom and dad have a farm, and from time to time they give us fresh eggs.  It used to be about a dozen every week or so, but that's slowed waaaay down as the chickens have aged.  Anyway, honestly, I just don't care for their taste.  I guess after a lifetime of store bought eggs, those produced by my mom's chickens just taste too "gamey" for me.  I like knowing my eggs were produced by immobile chickens fed a strict diet of unnatural food, all managed by the loving hands of robots along conveyor belts.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Morgus on March 27, 2019, 01:16:34 PM
Coming up on the first Apr 13 anniversary in a couple weeks, almost one year already!

A year already. 

Fuck. Me.

albrecht

Quote from: Liberace! on April 08, 2019, 08:38:33 PM
My mom and dad have a farm, and from time to time they give us fresh eggs.  It used to be about a dozen every week or so, but that's slowed waaaay down as the chickens have aged.  Anyway, honestly, I just don't care for their taste.  I guess after a lifetime of store bought eggs, those produced by my mom's chickens just taste too "gamey" for me.  I like knowing my eggs were produced by immobile chickens fed a strict diet of unnatural food, all managed by the loving hands of robots along conveyor belts.
Like knowing over Thanksgiving that the turkey is so pumped up on chemicals that it couldn't even mate, fly, or do anything a real turkey does. The thought improves the taste for a sociopath, though a bit troubling because it would seem the practices means less dark meat. I like the gamey flavor of the dark meat, but giblet gravy will solve that problem. I like real eggs though and couldn't figure out the system of why some have different color, sizes, etc or depending on food, temp, etc. If I had the time I would segregate and experiment. I also wasn't aware they will eat anything- but not banana peels or anything citrus.

Quote from: albrecht on April 08, 2019, 08:47:21 PM
Like knowing over Thanksgiving that the turkey is so pumped up on chemicals that it couldn't even mate, fly, or do anything a real turkey does. The thought improves the taste for a sociopath, though a bit troubling because it would seem the practices means less dark meat. I like the gamey flavor of the dark meat, but giblet gravy will solve that problem. I like real eggs though and couldn't figure out the system of why some have different color, sizes, etc or depending on food, temp, etc. If I had the time I would segregate and experiment. I also wasn't aware they will eat anything- but not banana peels or anything citrus.

That might be ok.   The wild one's will kill your ass in a minute:

https://www.wxyz.com/news/70-year-old-motorcyclist-killed-after-colliding-with-wild-turkey

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 08, 2019, 08:49:30 PM

https://www.wxyz.com/news/70-year-old-motorcyclist-killed-after-colliding-with-wild-turkey
Ouch. I was up in Madison last summer and there were flocks of those bastards. Scratch up yards and gardens, block the road. It was CRAZY. Idk how or why but it was nuts. Apparently they "reintroduced" and now have become a pest and uncontrollable. I suggested a good high-power air rifle (the kind that approach a .22LR in effect, at least at closer range) and get some free meat but, technically, illegal but who would hear or know? 

https://dnr.wi.gov/topic/wildlifehabitat/turkeymanagement.html

Catsmile

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 08, 2019, 08:49:30 PM

Simply reading the headline gave me the best laugh I've had in weeks.

# Old Codger Simultaneously Yelps & Explodes Into A Cloud Of Dust Intermixed With Wild Turkey Feathers Floating To The Ground, As The Cloud Of Dust Continues Forward At 35 MPH Until Diffusion Rapidly Sets In.

# Meanwhile The Turkeys Head Is Spinning Dazed And Confused, As Motorcycle Wheels Spin In Vein. The Grounded Duo Embrace Gravity Once Again, Literally And Figuratively. Having Narrowly Escaped Death From Being Prisoners Of Inertia, As The Codger Dust Settles.

# The Old Codger Was Listening To This At The Time.
# The Turkey & Codger Blame The Other For Not Having...
# More Cowbell!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xoz1UY41FwQ

aldousburbank

Quote from: albrecht on April 08, 2019, 08:57:06 PM
I suggested a good high-power air rifle (the kind that approach a .22LR in effect, at least at closer range) and get some free meat but, technically, illegal but who would hear or know? 

The turkey.