• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Main Menu

Ebola

Started by VtaGeezer, March 27, 2014, 11:56:35 PM

BattyBrooke

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 03, 2014, 01:24:19 PM

Not so.

They changed the definition of deported to include those intercepted and turned away at the border.  Previously, those people were not counted as deported.

I did not know this, and now I wish I still didn't. This country is devolving at lightspeed.

Bravo on your fine performance, my friends, bravo.

Ebola expeditionary force doubled.  I don't have an opinion but I figured others might.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/04/us/containing-ebola-cdc-troops-west-africa.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&version=LedeSum&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

Also on Friday, the United States Army announced that it would more than double the number of soldiers it is sending to West Africa, to 3,200, to help contain the Ebola virus as White House officials prepared to confront concerns about the chaotic response to the disease’s arrival in the United States.

The article changed by the time I posted the link so here's what I was referring to.

I can understand why the government is sending in troops, and I hope other countries will join in. Doctors Without Borders, a French medical group has been there for months now, but this shows every sign of going global since no one in his right mind can assume someone wouldn't lie on his exit visa about contact with the infected. It's just a question of time before a traveler shows up in another country in an infectious state.

The US has always sent humanitarian aide after national disasters and this is no different. The military is usually sent in to rebuild and deliver supplies so they don't fall into the hands of the local black market, and to deal with looting after a natural disaster. Here the fear and superstition factor is driving people to violence against healthcare workers while spreading the infections through villages, which is why this is more a military than Peace Corps operation.  Building medical centers and supplying doctors with anti infectious supplies and medications has to be better than allowing this to spiral out of control. It's a good sign that everyone who's been treated with the antiviral has so far improved, but my worry is the makers of ZMapp won't be able to crank out all the doses they need in time. And as for here, people had better get their heads out of their arses when someone who's come into the country from Africa presents with a fever.

eddie dean

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on October 03, 2014, 03:57:05 PM

Fuken' A rite bubba! Ebola don't even exist!! It's not settled science according to what the interweb says! Them liberal science guys are just trien' to take our freedom!
[attachimg=1]

pate

I am still waiting/watching for the report or info-graphic that tells me we have captured Ebola and sent it to Guantanamo Bay for questioning...

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: eddie dean on October 03, 2014, 06:47:57 PM
Fuken' A rite bubba! Ebola don't even exist!! It's not settled science according to what the interweb says! Them liberal science guys are just trien' to take our freedom!
[attachimg=1]

How did you get that photo of me? I didn't know it had been put on the web. Dammit.

pate

I heard two things, perhaps my response here should be moved to "Lost Movie Theatre" or whichever that thread is called...

1. I heard Big Red 1 was being called up, possibly for the ISIS thing, but maybe for the Ebola thing.

2. I heard some sort of clinic/hospital had already been built in Ebola land (I don't think at all that it was in ISIS land)

Prolly heard both on unconfirmed, unsourced radio networks that PremRad controlss (that's supposed to be a Cobra-like hiss, and now you know!)

(an aside here, does GI Joe really fall under the Rock now?  Can anyone tell me where the nearest Cobra recruiting office is?)

Too much whishkey I guess.  Based on our Dallas (and again unconfirmed, unsourced radio networks) Salt Lake City, Utah?  Heard a peep about that the other day, but nothing more.  False Alarm?  Or Illuminati fact suppression?  Anyone, hear a Salt Lake City reported case?  Debunked subsequently?

I also hear of a bunch of British Aid Workers getting the diagnosis.  Not much about where they are?  Are they in Britian?  Just curious, y'know...

I know, I know, I have my own special brand of crazy, but I refuse to buy tin-foil from Reynolds because they put that FSC stuff in their cigarettes...  If you don't buy the good foil, you might as well not buy any...

Carry on!

Does this mean I bought 500 pounds of rice and 2,500 boxes of baking soda for nothing??
Crap.

Apparently it is now easier to get ebola than an abortion in Texas.

Kelt

Quote from: Treading Water on October 04, 2014, 07:01:38 AM
Does this mean I bought 500 pounds of rice and 2,500 boxes of baking soda for nothing??
Crap.

You could set up a ricecake stand in the Asian section of town.

Quote from: BattyBrooke on October 03, 2014, 03:51:37 PM
I did not know this, and now I wish I still didn't. This country is devolving at lightspeed.

Here's another one:  The official unemployment rate only counts those still receiving unemployment checks as unemployed.  The people timed out and who no longer get them aren't counted.  Also not counted are those who can only find part time jobs, and those who've had to take low paying jobs instead of working at good jobs in their field.  But hey, the banner across the top of my paper this morning celebrates the 'jobless rate' dipping 'below 6%', yay

Another one:  The Consumer Price Index, which measures inflation, doesn't include the cost of such things as food, energy, or housing.  So reported inflation is very low unless you spend money on any of that.

Another one:  M3 was always considered the best measure of how much currency was in circulation.  The rate of increase became so shocking that number is no longer reported.

But, you know, we can trust them on everything else.

Not a single US death on US soil and people want to start shooting down airliners from Africa.  The same people call climate change research scientists 'alarmists' and completely ignore that we are already going through a mass extinction event.  Did they ever consider that if we were to apply their ethos universally, we would also have to nuke all the greatest carbon producing nations... America being number two?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 04, 2014, 02:01:26 PM
Not a single US death on US soil and people want to start shooting down airliners from Africa.  The same people call climate change research scientists 'alarmists' and completely ignore that we are already going through a mass extinction event.  Did they ever consider that if we were to apply their ethos universally, we would also have to nuke all the greatest Carbon producing nations... America being number 2?

Stop it...stop it now. Bellgab does not tolerate such talk.

eddie dean

Quote from: Treading Water on October 04, 2014, 07:01:38 AM
Crap.

You could crochet cozies for the baking soda boxes! :D

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 04, 2014, 02:03:44 PM

Stop it...stop it now. Bellgab does not tolerate such talk.

Then I suppose you should report it.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 04, 2014, 02:01:26 PM
Not a single US death on US soil and people want to start shooting down airliners from Africa.  The same people call climate change research scientists 'alarmists' and completely ignore that we are already going through a mass extinction event.  Did they ever consider that if we were to apply their ethos universally, we would also have to nuke all the greatest carbon producing nations... America being number two?

Reported.

VtaGeezer

BRING OUT YOUR DEAD....   BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!