• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

ge30542

OMG, HR Mgr is here overnight, they're about to fire the boss.
Questioning each of us, taking notes, very unpleasant.
On the other hand, I loves me some RCH. Can't wait.

Quote from: VoteQuimby on June 30, 2015, 04:44:24 PM
...why is the post show being hosted by an insane egomanic self-promoter con-man who can't talk about anything but himself a good thing?...

Quote from: nika01 on June 30, 2015, 04:47:28 PM
Perhaps Art doesn't realize the contempt that a lot of people have for RCH. I know its all about entertainment, but jesus, this gives me real pause.

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on June 30, 2015, 08:42:36 PM
Why does Richard need guests? He is just going to talk over them. Do you think he has been such a lying, snake-oil salesman for so long, he believes his own bull shit?

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on June 30, 2015, 09:05:48 PM
All these guests are liars and frauds. Richard, Morton, even Victor/Whitley. What a crappy circle of humans to be around. I hope we get more interviews with people like Willy Nelson or Kaku. Art does great interviews with people like that.

I can't decide which of these is the best post

$5/month to listen to that ass?  Probably shouldn't burn your bridges with Dave, Rick

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Bounder on June 30, 2015, 11:02:58 PM
C2C was all ready to let Hoagland host on the night of the Pluto probe's closest approach â€" July 13/14.  Then the plans changed, the pieces got shifted around (by Dave) specifically to step on Art's July 20 debut.  A chess move to â€" I guess unwittingly â€" pitch Art's appeal against Richard's.

Well, Art and Richard invented a third option and checkmated the living Christ out of Dave by making RCH â€" and his own show, "The Other Side of Midnight," a Dark Matter Digital Network exclusive.

Make sense?

Gotta be pretty close.

chefist

Quote from: ge30542 on June 30, 2015, 11:03:16 PM
Was he/she a good boss?

WOTR

Quote from: Zenman on June 30, 2015, 10:51:01 PM
Heard a rumor in chat about Knapp possibly getting a weekend spot on Dark Matter. That sounds muy intriguing.
Hey Zenman, did you ever watch MASH...  Remember when "Marilyn" was coming to the 4077th? ;)

ge30542

Quote from: chefist on June 30, 2015, 11:08:08 PM
Was he/she a good boss?
Incompetent, with a big, inappropriate mouth, but he left me alone.

WOTR

Hmmm.  Probably safe to post here as nobody really knows who I am***Edited*** I really hope this is a sign from above...

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: Art Bell on June 30, 2015, 09:23:47 PM
Thank you all for the support and help, this really is quite a ride even before the ride has started! As far as Dave is concerned I hope you all have noticed I have not been posting anything negative about him or for that matter anything at all but this latest stunt was simply too much.

Art
dave's not done yet, not by a long shot! So my friend, keep your head down and your powder dry!!!

Heather Wade

That sounds excruciatingly awkward.

chefist

Quote from: ge30542 on June 30, 2015, 11:11:32 PM
So, no...but you could have lived with it...

WOTR

Quote from: ge30542 on June 30, 2015, 11:11:32 PM

All that I can say is that at least you have an HR manager not afraid to do her job and that people did not have to resort to other methods...

Zenman

Not good when the HR Mgr is there overnight. Good luck. Maybe they'll surprise you and you'll be the new boss.

Art Bell

Quote from: Bounder on June 30, 2015, 11:02:58 PM
C2C was all ready to let Hoagland host on the night of the Pluto probe's closest approach â€" July 13/14.  Then the plans changed, the pieces got shifted around (by Dave) specifically to step on Art's July 20 debut.  A chess move to â€" I guess unwittingly â€" pitch Art's appeal against Richard's.

Well, Art and Richard invented a third option and checkmated the living Christ out of Dave by making RCH â€" and his own show, "The Other Side of Midnight," a Dark Matter Digital Network exclusive.

Make sense?

In my opinion it was a plan that goes back to Dave more or less telling Richard to shut up. Why would a Producer call Richard and tell him he could be on with Dave on the 13th but not talk about the news breaking while he was on the air but instead hold the big news for the 20th. That make no sense on so very many levels.

ge30542

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 30, 2015, 11:12:55 PM

That sounds excruciatingly awkward.
It is, and extremely "unsettling". All this drama reminds me of childhood with the alcoholic father.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: chefist on June 30, 2015, 10:36:49 PM
skunk ape nailed it! OMG...pee my pants funny!
Take that Eddie Murphy brother!

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: chefist on June 30, 2015, 10:36:49 PM
skunk ape nailed it! OMG...pee my pants funny!
Take that Eddie Murphy brother!
Quote from: wotr1 on June 30, 2015, 10:53:10 PM
I think that it was confirmed in chat this evening after somebody let it slip...
That would be the final nail in the c2c coffin.

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on June 30, 2015, 11:12:46 PM
dave's not done yet, not by a long shot! So my friend, keep your head down and your powder dry!!!

Yup, play it close to the vest Art, the Skunk (Dave) is bound to be in the hen house time after time.

PrairieGhost

I'm all caught up and boy am I ready! RCH will get my $5 also.  8)

Art Bell

There is another SHOCK ahead.

Art

Bounder

Quote from: Art Bell on June 30, 2015, 11:16:44 PM
That make no sense on so very many levels.

Couldn't agree more.  July 20 can't arrive soon enough!

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on June 30, 2015, 10:16:45 PM
This is high comedy. Who will be Coast's science adviser now, the numbers lady?

I think the numbers lady needs to lay off the numbers and start counting the calories, she's getting a little chunky lately.

jazmunda

Art have you considered doing a subscription bundle for your show, RCH's show and weekend host's show? Alternatively you could perhaps do a subscription bundle for DMDN with the lot? Or is this too confusing?

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: Art Bell on June 30, 2015, 11:22:49 PM

Art
Speak oh master of radio...may as well have that blood vessel just pop in daves head while he is on the air tonite!!!

Art

lol, Art you're such a tease ... all these shockers are making my heart flutter.

coaster

Quote from: Art Bell on June 30, 2015, 11:16:44 PM
In my opinion it was a plan that goes back to Dave more or less telling Richard to shut up. Why would a Producer call Richard and tell him he could be on with Dave on the 13th but not talk about the news breaking while he was on the air but instead hold the big news for the 20th. That make no sense on so very many levels.
I still can't believe that Noory talked to him that way. It was really low. Even if someone doesn't like RCH, you have to agree that he has given coast listeners countless hours of entertainment, which in turn helped coast. To turn around and say that crap to Hoagland, live on the air, really shows Noory's character, or lack thereof. Noory truly is an ungrateful little twit.

Zenman

Quote from: wotr1 on June 30, 2015, 11:08:39 PM
Hey Zenman, did you ever watch MASH...  Remember when "Marilyn" was coming to the 4077th? ;)

I do. Good episode. One of my favorites.  heh

chefist

Quote from: ge30542 on June 30, 2015, 11:16:45 PM
It is, and extremely "unsettling". All this drama reminds me of childhood with the alcoholic father.

sorry GE...not good

Zenman

Art

hmm..

hint?

Is it bigger than a weekend time slot?

WOTR

Art
Will you confirm or deny that it is related to these Knapp rumours? ;D

Bounder

Dare I say it: I think the present is better than the 90's "heyday."  This is just unreal.