• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

wr250

Quote from: pyewacket on February 03, 2015, 07:31:23 PM
I suspect there's more out there, if you care to dig.  ;) I have enjoyed Art's show and I understand he had to get the guest that were available to him. I'll have to revisit the show with Art if I can find it. I do remember her on C2C with George and I was put off when the two of them would talk about cursing people. George really got off on it. Most people that I know who follow these type of traditions DON'T curse people. It's an ugly mindset to live with and spread to others. Never cared for her after that.

Now, Harlot- (thank you for the reminder Unscreened Caller and ponyboysunset! )- she was really interesting in a morbid sort of way. I remember listening to Art interview her and she was disturbing! At least she wasn't pretending to be anything other than the most evil woman in the world!  ;D

Art seemed very disturbed by that interview, even months later talking about it .

Scully

Quote from: FightTheFuture on February 03, 2015, 02:35:17 AM
It would only be fitting if the master, Art Bell, use this excellent intro music

http://youtu.be/kvFvMIQx_OY

Anything Cusco would be fine with me, FTF!  :)

astroguy

Quote from: LW on February 03, 2015, 06:56:01 PM
I get the problems in debating a non provable topic, but you can't change the rules to your favor.  There is no proof one way or another.
I don't see how this is changing the rules.  It is simply saying that out of the (for example) 100 possible topics that Richard could bring up that he thinks prove his point, I want him to pick from 50 so that it's also within my knowledge area.  Another visualization is a simple Venn Diagram.  One circle is full of Richard's ideas, one circle is full of my knowledge area, and the area that overlaps is what I would request we stick to.  I'm not saying that he has to address everything in my circle - that would be unfair - just as it's unfair for me to be expected to be knowledgeable of everything in his circle.  That's not changing the rules in my favor.  That's making it even footing.

phrodo

Quote from: Scully on February 03, 2015, 11:08:41 PM

Anything Cusco would be fine with me, FTF!  :)

But ... The Oh of Pleasure ... FTW.  ;D

Cusco is indeed nice bumper music though. But THE best intro of ALL TIUM.. is TOoP ..  ;)

*still lobbying hard for my favorite dreamylandtune*

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: SnapT on February 03, 2015, 06:35:28 PM
I like Richard C. Hoagland and hope he will be on Art's new show monthly.

yeah, i've gotta say, an art bell show without hoagland is missing something.

MV/Liberace!

[attach=1]

Keith is Art's Tommy.

WOTR

It would only be fitting if the master, Art Bell, use this excellent intro music

Loved it!
Quote from: Marc.Knight on February 03, 2015, 09:04:26 AMThis is good too, it would also make great closing music for the show.

I refuse to try to put down my rather convoluted thoughts on this matter- but closing music would be more fitting.

WOTR

Quote from: LW on February 03, 2015, 03:42:35 PM
Arts special subject line made for some of the best shows.
I hate to be negative... But I think that until it is a little more established and the numbers start to get up there special lines would sit there dead, unused and be a source of embarrassment.  We already make fun of Jorch because it is easy to get through and he has an audience of thousands of shut-in's and cat ladies.  Art will need to prove that he has enough draw to fill a regular open line before getting fancy with special subject lines...

Heather Wade

Quote from: wotr1 on February 04, 2015, 01:09:31 AM
I hate to be negative... But I think that until it is a little more established and the numbers start to get up there special lines would sit there dead, unused and be a source of embarrassment.  We already make fun of Jorch because it is easy to get through and he has an audience of thousands of shut-in's and cat ladies.  Art will need to prove that he has enough draw to fill a regular open line before getting fancy with special subject lines...

I can appreciate your logical point here.  We kind of got ahead of ourselves with the excitement.

WOTR

Quote from: (Redacted) on February 04, 2015, 01:23:25 AM

I can appreciate your logical point here.  We kind of got ahead of ourselves with the excitement.
I know... And I share the excitement.  I hope it works out and we can return to the golden age where anything was possible and open lines on almost any subject would get a few bites.  Those were the best times... And maybe they aren't over just yet.

popple

Jimmy Church fans are a bunch of tools? I'M SHOCKED!

phrodo

More I hear it . the more I like it. kinda snappy and upbeat - maybe a bit too upbeat .. but do think the movement starting at about the 1:23 mark might work best for Art.

Morgus

Quote from: Delphi on February 03, 2015, 04:02:36 PM
Does anyone have updates on J reathe or similar?  He had the frozen alien and his house got raided by MIB?
Jonathon Reed and Robert Raith? Reed posts a lot on Art's facebook page.
http://www.ufowatchdog.com/jonathan_reed.htm

I sent an email to the Ghost Buster Gals and received a response:

QuoteThe reason we have not been on C2C is we were banned after we agreed to do Art’s show on Oct. 17th 2013. We were booked for the 29th on C2C and Tom D called me and said if we do Art’s show we cannot do theirs. Of course we picked Art and have total loyalty to him. If you check Wikipedia for C2C you will see at the bottom we are one of four people banned from that show...lol.   We are so excited Art is coming back. There is no one better!

I don't think there is any room for misunderstanding as noory claims, couple that with fact Nooron never had them back. If they support and are loyal to Art they should be more than welcome on the new show. I respect them a hell of a lot more than Noory. You can feel free to not like them at guest but they are exceedinly supportive of Art and that means something in my book.

Quote from: Morgus on February 04, 2015, 02:15:41 AM
Jonathon Reed and Robert Raith? Reed posts a lot on Art's facebook page.
http://www.ufowatchdog.com/jonathan_reed.htm

Even though he is a total fraud, Noory has tried to get him on as a guest and he has refused because even he think Noory sucks.

Zetaspeak

What I am most curious is how Art going to use new media and how it will intergrade with his show.

Of course Art is known for the great voice and the unique overnight topics. But I think he was underappreciated for his innovation use new technology and what they call now multi-platform experience with stuff like live updates on his site, webcam of his show, and fast blasts. All of those things were way ahead of its time. He was so ahead of the curve in adding a multilayer experience while that technology was just starting out and we were mostly on dial up. Could you imagine what he could do today.

That is one of many examples how today C2C with Noory has really has really fallen behind. Sure they have a social media account but never really intergrade it with the show, I hardly ever see live content going up on C2C site. Noory never really tried out any new advancements in technology to compliment the show like Art always tried to do. 

puddintame

Quote from: phrodo on February 04, 2015, 01:33:45 AM
More I hear it . the more I like it. kinda snappy and upbeat - maybe a bit too upbeat .. but do think the movement starting at about the 1:23 mark might work best for Art.

I agree, phrodo.  That is good stuff.  I have always wished (since 1995), just my two cents' worth, that neither Art nor the announcer would talk when any music is playing.   My poor brain wants to listen to one or the other.  ::)

dan7800

Quote from: wotr1 on February 04, 2015, 01:09:31 AM

I agree with you. I have NO doubts about the quality of the program that Art will do, but callers is a potential issue. I live on the east coast and get up for work at 6 am. There is no way I will be able to listen to most of the shows live (and I am guessing many others are the same way). I couldn't stay up for the entire show starting at 10 am EST when it was on Sirius.

LW

Quote from: astroguy on February 04, 2015, 12:07:24 AM
I don't see how this is changing the rules.  It is simply saying that out of the (for example) 100 possible topics that Richard could bring up that he thinks prove his point, I want him to pick from 50 so that it's also within my knowledge area.  Another visualization is a simple Venn Diagram.  One circle is full of Richard's ideas, one circle is full of my knowledge area, and the area that overlaps is what I would request we stick to.  I'm not saying that he has to address everything in my circle - that would be unfair - just as it's unfair for me to be expected to be knowledgeable of everything in his circle.  That's not changing the rules in my favor.  That's making it even footing.

So again what you are saying is that you are unqualified to debate him.

Why do you keep arguing that you are not restricting the debate to topics you are knowledgeable in there by restricting what Hoagland
could talk about. You are controlling the rules and the debate.

" I want him to pick from 50 so that it's also within my knowledge area"

You said you only want to talk about your area of expertise.

"100 possible topics that Richard could bring up that he thinks prove his point"

You also admit that Hoagland is more knowledgable than you are and wish to restrict half his expertise to give you the  advantage.

"just as it's unfair for me to be expected to be knowledgeable of everything in his circle"

Again you stated that Hoagland being more knowledgable is unfair to you.  Then you are unqualified to debate him.

You really have a hard time admitting that you don't know everything.

"That's not changing the rules in my favor.  That's making it even footing."

Not changing the rules???? Even footing????  You want tie your opponents one hand behind his back and challenge him to a fist fight.

Hoagland knows more than you. Who are you to say that half of what Hoagland knows is BS?

Can you prove that half of his knowledge is BS and should be inadmissible in a debate? If you can than debate him on it. If you can't then you loose.

I don't know if half of what he knows is BS, do I believe all he says, no. But I haven't been to the Moon, Mars or even low earth orbit. I don't have access to his resources either.

I am not arguing for Hoagland I am arguing against a unqualified person restricting another based arrogance.

Can you admit one thing? Hoagland might know more than you. Can you say that?

This is last I will say on this subject, it wasn't meant to be a big deal, or any disrespect to you.

You can have the last word.

cweb

Quote from: nooryisawesome on February 04, 2015, 12:37:22 AM
Jimmy Church or his Russian fans probably!
Poor Keith.

Probably getting tweets from JC "fans" like:
"How do you like Jimmy Church not here now. I make sadness on your network."
"Fade to Darkness is night king. You have making failed."
"Your sound is not enough. Jimmy has better than little stream today."

dan7800

Quote from: LW on February 04, 2015, 07:44:36 AM

You can have the last word.

Folks, no need to argue. Save your disdain for Joorch

Marc.Knight

I'd love Art to say, "George, you suck".  That would make my year.

puddintame

Quote from: puddintame on February 04, 2015, 06:02:25 AM
I agree, phrodo.  That is good stuff.  I have always wished (since 1995), just my two cents' worth, that neither Art nor the announcer would talk when any music is playing.   My poor brain wants to listen to one or the other.  ::)

I forgot to add:  As for "closing music", there can never be anything at the close of Art's show but Crystal Gayle with "Midnight in the Desert"!!

astroguy

I was planning on that last comment to be my last, too, but I need to respond to three of your points.  I'm not going to respond after this because it seems like no matter what I say, you're going to disagree.

You also admit that Hoagland is more knowledgable than you are and wish to restrict half his expertise to give you the advantage.
That's not an advantage.  Scientific claims are all I want to debate.  Any.  The other half of his mythology is conspiracy at NASA.  Not related.  Not an advantage.

Again you stated that Hoagland being more knowledgable is unfair to you.  Then you are unqualified to debate him.
I have no problem admitting - and I have in every post so far here - that I am unqualified to debate him on conspiracy and history of / at NASA.  Science-wise, I am more than qualified.

Can you prove that half of his knowledge is BS and should be inadmissible in a debate? If you can than debate him on it. If you can't then you loose.
Yes.  And I have that half of his claims are complete BS, and those are all of his science-based claims in his alternative ideas.  That's kinda the whole point here, and this is pretty much one of the main things I do in my free time, debunk astronomy-related pseudoscience.  As to the conspiracy at NASA, no, I can't prove that because I have no expertise/history at/with respect to NASA.  But that is completely separate from his science claims.

I don't know how to be more clear here, so just as you said that was your last post on this topic, this is mine.  Take it however you want at this point.

pate

Quote from: WildCard on January 23, 2015, 07:12:34 PMI have a better question - who cares? Am I right, guys?

I'm here for the speculum....

pate

Quote from: wotr1 on February 04, 2015, 12:51:11 AM
...  but closing music would be more fitting. ...

I doan think eetz closing thyme, but I'll try:

Morphine - Sharks (Live)

My dentist recommends against popcorn...

A link to someone's blog post: http://monsura.blogspot.ca/2015/01/coast-to-coast-am-is-dead.html
It could have been written by any one of us.