• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

George sucks

OOOOOMG. Hello fellow stricken with Noory peoples. Glad to have found the forum, it's theraputic. So, thank you.

Back to OMG. Did anyone hear the recorded safe commercial George did that ran last night on Ian's show? Think it was last night. It went something like, "In my 40 years of research, interviews, and accumulation of information in this field I have amassed quite a large number of documents and files that are important to me. I'm so glad I can keep my documents and such in yada, yada, safes."

I just about spit my tongue out. Nothing could be farther from the truth than him keeping anything like that. He comes in does the same tired old interviews he's been doing since he showed up and then goes back to enjoying his fame.

b_dubb

fame?

there's definitely a lot of BS in that commercial.  but that's the case with all of george's plugs (except his hair plugs.  well ... especially his hair plugs i guess).  and that's why we can't stand his shows

Usagi

So, with all these people constantly joining or at least reading this forum to commiserate about George Noory sucking and reminiscing about what Coast can be (independent of a desire for the return of Art Bell), I have to ask the perennial question:

What is to be done?

With hundreds of people visiting this site, is there a way to harness this?  What about some sort of petition? Maybe there is someway that someone could write a polite and well-argued letter to Premiere about the real short-comings of Noory and what, generally, people would like to see in a host.  Then, if there is a way that people could "sign" it, it could be sent to Premiere/Coast after a certain deadline.  I don't know if that could take the form of a separate little website or something along those lines (perhaps something that doesn't necessarily have open-ended comments to prevent vitriol and to keep it simple and straightforward).

Or perhaps there could be a sample email written that people could cut and paste (and add to if they wish) that everyone could email to the producers of the show.  I'm thinking along the lines of sample messages that different interest groups and non-profits ask their supporters to email to their congressmen, etc.  Possibly a certain day could be planned that everyone emails it on so that it looks like a flood of support?

What do others think?

JustOneFix

I've heard that commercial too and the first thing I thought of was the fact that I was not present in the studio when he recorded that commercial because the bullshit would've been knee high in that studio.

For some odd reason I think his "files" consist of a DVD box set of X-files and some old Sci-Fi magazines with sandwich crumbs in between the pages.

George sucks

Oh great. Someone else heard that commercial too. That thing was unbelievable.

Usagi, I was thinking the same as you. We, people, should get organized and try to do something. Attack this problem in anyway we can.

The petition is a good idea if there are enough people. Another idea is an advertiser boycott once enough people that are pissed are on board. Could go hand in hand with the petition.

Another is a raspberry award. Some kind of national recognition for his ineptitude. Doesn't the Raspberry award go to the worst film of the year? Well, there needs to be the worst broadcaster award. Norry would win it hands down. That guy runs a clinic on how not to do radio. Students taking broadcasting classes should be presented with his broadcasts by their instructors. Utterly butchered breaks, inability to engage the guest in adult conversation, pronunciation, the list does not end - "this is how not to do radio".

Another idea is we all set a time and try to make his heart stop. Sort of like "men who stare at goats" Norry style. Maybe he would at least crap his pants on the air. And if his heart did stop... well, we just had the worlds first coincidence.

Another is to start running parody's on youtube of what Norry is doing during the show. From the back, at the mic table, switches left and right, some dark haired person whacking one of those paddles that had the ball attached to it with the rubber band. Or playing paper football. Trying to flick one of those paper triangles thu the air. Then the person that is supposed to represent Norry doing his job saying something in between goofing off. Norry disconnecting callers so they can't upstage him with conversation. Fumbling thru cue cards looking for a question. He could be completely wasted with some good parodies, the material to do it with is endless.

And there has to be other ideas to start putting pressure on this guy. He's been there long enough. The show is an absolute joke. He said so himself that he considers the show 'fun and entertainment'. So much for the days of cutting edge radio.

I think one of the keys to getting him out of there is to be heard though. Make enough of a stink that it starts causing problems. Raise enough hell that they decide he has to go. Enough people, enough unrelenting bitching together with action, I'm thinking he is gone.

Usagi

Yes, if there is anything true in the world, it's that a loud minority can make all the difference.  For better or worse.

haloedorchid

Quote from: George sucks on April 10, 2011, 03:55:33 PM
Another idea is we all set a time and try to make his heart stop. Sort of like "men who stare at goats" Norry style. Maybe he would at least crap his pants on the air. And if his heart did stop... well, we just had the worlds first coincidence.

If you don't have anything nice to say... come sit by me!

Welcome to the board. I am also down for a petition/email bombing of whoever needs bombed. It's time for George to go.

Marc.Knight

over the top. :o

Usagi

Yeah, I don't want any harmness to come to the poor dude, either.  I just want him to go away.

JustOneFix

George sucks post reminded me of something.  It's been a few years back and I can't recall the date, but I swear Snoory dropped a load in his pants. He was talking and you could hear him trying to hold back a fart. We've all done this so you know what I mean. About 1 minute later I heard a slight fart sound- but it may have been the chair. At any rate he instantly went to a commercial break and didn't come back on the air until a good 8-10 minutes later.

When he came back on the air he tried playing it off as technical difficulties- but I know better. After all I've been in the same boat. I ate at Shoney's once.

Anyone else remember this?

haloedorchid

Fortunately no harm will come to George since there are no coincidences. But that would be funny if he crapped his pants on air. And said something about it, so we'd know.

haloedorchid

Someone on another thread said something about Linda Moulton Howe sounding like she was on the toilet once during an interview. These people really need to learn how to evacuate their bowels before they go on air. It's so unprofessional.

Usagi

Quote from: JustOneFix on April 10, 2011, 04:49:01 PM
George sucks post reminded me of something.  It's been a few years back and I can't recall the date, but I swear Snoory dropped a load in his pants. He was talking and you could hear him trying to hold back a fart. We've all done this so you know what I mean. About 1 minute later I heard a slight fart sound- but it may have been the chair. At any rate he instantly went to a commercial break and didn't come back on the air until a good 8-10 minutes later.

I usually hate bathroom humor, but I nearly chocked on my mac n cheese when I read this.  ;D

George sucks

I suppose we can agree to disagree agreeably. It wouldn't bother me if the guy had a heart attack and it happened while the George haters focus group was exercising their mental prowess. But I'd settle for a brain aneurysm, nervous breakdown, complete loss of his mind on the air, exploding prostate, anything. The guy is an abortion and he knows it. He knows it and he doesn't care. He is going to keep doing his garbage radio and to hell with everyone else. So.... it's war. 

I've never heard anyone take a crap on the air, literally that is. Wouldn't surprise me if it has happened though. Everyone has crapped their pants before. Seems logical that it might happen during a show.

The toilet humor is going to get old shortly.

So, how else to get this guy gone? The surest way to get their attention is to adversely effect advertisers and ratings. The third would be bad publicity is my guess.

And regarding the people that want Norry gone being a minority... might be surprised if there was a vote. A minority by a slim margin. Might even be a majority that would like to hear someone else. You never know. Minority makes it sound like there aren't that many of us, and there is a ton.   

anagrammy

Recently aldousburbank, one of the regulars here, posted the text of an email he got from Lisa Lyons, the producer, asking why specifically he thought the show was an abomination (he was quitting streamlink).  Since the quitting streamlink email was three months ago, it seemed to me that there must be an effort going on to go back on all the quits and get details.

This is good news, people. It can only mean 1) too many quits to ignore, and 2) looking for someone/something to blame.  Certainly they are suspecting the host is the problem. 

Also, throw this in the pile of factoids:  Noory just announced that he is going to be traveling around, meeting/greeting, and how much he just loves answering the questions of the listeners....GARBAGE!  When I saw him in person earlier this year THERE WERE ONLY FIFTY PEOPLE in the audience in San Leandro and he later described it as "packed."  He refused to answer questions, saying, he didn't have the time.  Tim was there watching over him like a bodyguard, or like a parent stand by in the playground when your two year old is playing, just in case something happens. 

Premiere treats him like the loose cannon he is and now he is going out on a PR tour--that can only be what you'd call it.  He says he's going out to meet the people--he's really going out to rally the affiliates, IMHO, because they are leaving.  Does anybody know if his program is bundled with Glenn Beck's?  'Cause that barge is going down too.

Anagrammy

The General

You might be on to something here Anagrammy.
I really think 2011 is going to be the year that talk radio gets shaken up some.  I have no predictions as to what that entails, but I do see Noory, Beck, and Hannity and some others on the rocks.

b_dubb

noory, hannity, beck ... cage match 2011! TO THE FLIPPING DEATH!!!!!!!!

who do we root for in that scenario?

anagrammy

Get this--Noory was talking up this great new fan forum www.coasttocoastelite.com, how wonderful it is that they have rules that prohibit bashing.  GN says he wishes all internet sites were like that.  Well, I just checked out that site.  1 guest (me) and 0 members viewing.

Interesting that a radio show host would like to stifle "bashing."  Wonder why.

Anagrammy

JustOneFix

I know Beck has had lots of advertisers pull their ads in the past year or so, wonder if the same thing will happen to Noory. Ads like the Liberty safe & blinds.com are fairly new, makes one wonder what ads are no longer being aired.

Certainly seems to lead to the fact that Noory's feet are in the fire once you put the pieces together. The next few months could get damn interesting!

George sucks

It would probably be inappropriate and in bad taste to organize a protest at a Norry speaking engagement. But i'd do it. 50 people come to listen to him speak. 100 people outside holding signs that say "find another job George" and chanting "George sucks". Good times.

If that happened at all of his speaking engagements then maybe he/they would get the idea.

b_dubb

Quote from: anagrammy on April 10, 2011, 06:50:00 PM
Get this--Noory was talking up this great new fan forum www.coasttocoastelite.com, how wonderful it is that they have rules that prohibit bashing.  GN says he wishes all internet sites were like that.  Well, I just checked out that site.  1 guest (me) and 0 members viewing.

Interesting that a radio show host would like to stifle "bashing."  Wonder why.

Anagrammy
i guess george is just a damn fascist. plain and simple.  only an insecure twerp would get behind censorship like that.  i guess there's a difference between bashing and constructive criticism.  the difference is ... constructive criticism means people haven't given up

Digitech

In terms of broadcasting skill at least, Beck >>>>> Hannity > Noory

Eddie Coyle

Noory has a kook-fest with Alex Jones and Jesse Ventura this coming Monday. I'm sure Noory will yes them incessantly. This type of show is the ultimate example of the DUMBING DOWN of C2C. If only Glenn Beck could be there, we'd have the Mt. Rushmore of imbeciles.

Usagi

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 10, 2011, 08:56:39 PM
Noory has a kook-fest with Alex Jones and Jesse Ventura this coming Monday. I'm sure Noory will yes them incessantly. This type of show is the ultimate example of the DUMBING DOWN of C2C. If only Glenn Beck could be there, we'd have the Mt. Rushmore of imbeciles.

I totally agree.  I shouldn't have to feel ashamed to listen to a program that a decade ago I was proud to listen to.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Usagi on April 10, 2011, 09:02:49 PM
I totally agree.  I shouldn't have to feel ashamed to listen to a program that a decade ago I was proud to listen to.

I'll definitely NOT be tuning in to C2C that night...I'll be listening to Phil Hendrie or Doug McIntyre instead.

HAL 9000

Quote from: anagrammy on April 10, 2011, 06:50:00 PM
Get this--Noory was talking up this great new fan forum www.coasttocoastelite.com, how wonderful it is that they have rules that prohibit bashing.  GN says he wishes all internet sites were like that.  Well, I just checked out that site.  1 guest (me) and 0 members viewing.

Interesting that a radio show host would like to stifle "bashing."  Wonder why.

Anagrammy

Curiously, I get a "Board Offline" message for that site, which actually redirects me to the SAME forum host that BadBoy at the NutHawkZone used. Coincidence?

Hopefully, c2c-E will be back up soon so that I can do a little "investigating."  ???

Just FYI - BadBoy bought the NHZ domain, but never really used it - he just inserted a redirect command, which then sent you to a free forum hoster - anyone can set up a forum at this free forum hoster for free.

Scully

Wow!  I just tried to go to the Coastelite site, and I got instead a big red X sign from my MacAfee site advisor.

It also says, "Warning: Dangerous Site. When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors.  Use with extreme caution."  I'm given the option to go there anyway, but I'll leave that for one of you braver souls.  Clicking on the details button, I got the message: "this site may be promoted by spammy email."

Is "spammy" a word?  ???

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 10, 2011, 08:56:39 PM
If only Glenn Beck could be there, we'd have the Mt. Rushmore of imbeciles.

Wouldn't that make the egometer explode?    I know it would make my head hurt.   A lot.  :'(

awguy

The petition is a good idea if there are enough people. Another idea is an advertiser boycott once enough people that are pissed are on board. Could go hand in hand with the petition.

My thoughts? I think we are wasting our time with this one. Whatever it is that people are trying to change, the big wigs already have their minds made up. And petitions, boycotts and rallys never change anything. The only online petition that I can remember working was the one that successfully got Betty White on Saturday Night Live. I'll sign it if one is made but it's an uphill battle for sure.