• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

jinwicked

When did they start allowing callers to promote their books and websites?

valdez

Quote from: MikeD on April 15, 2011, 11:24:42 PM
Wowww a caller just asked what happened to Art and George's voice tightened up a bit and said "he's in the philippines, enjoying retirement, he posted a couple pictures and he doesn't talk to us much, that's it"
The tone was rather..."I want to move past this call"
Quote from: Usagi on April 15, 2011, 11:33:44 PM
Yeah... he said "that's all I can really say... about that".  Totally tense. How did that person make it through the screener with that question?  BRAVO!

Quote from: Usagi on April 15, 2011, 11:36:54 PM
Oh... and he has some sort of Random Acts of Kindness special line or some bullshit tonight.

Quote from: anagrammy on April 16, 2011, 01:20:58 AM
I'm beginning to wonder if Noory is blackmailing Premiere...

And in the last hour he spoke with a caller about the aliens that created us, and of the possibility of their return in 2012, and unleashed this gem:  "I would like them to return, if they're coming back."
     Yeah.  Play the ufo phil song.  George is done...if he's finished.

Join coastgab.  Feel better.

jinwicked

Last one for a while, it is out of my system now.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: fysisist on April 15, 2011, 09:29:49 PM
As far as I can tell, dude is just a life support system for that ridiculous mustache.
HAHAHA

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: jinwicked on April 16, 2011, 04:24:43 AM

hey, this is really sweet work, and i see it follows the same styling as your avatar.  very nice.

George sucks

Ha, funny cartoon Jinwicked.

Ineptitude being a requirement for the job... hmm, where to begin. No one could be so stupid as to have that idiot doing the show unless they wanted him to. Also, no one could be so ignorant as to not know that he is an idiot. An email generated by R. James stated he was hand picked by one individual at the very top. He was wanted by the top dog.

His incompetence, incapability, "simplistic idiotic buffoonery" is glaringly obvious. The higher ups, corporate moguls, the behind the scenes power - they must find it desirable on some level. Why? hmm...

Getting into the "whys" isn't necessarily needed to prove the argument. It would all be pure speculation. I have my own ideas. But to me, it is obvious that being who George is, is the reason he got the job. How could it be seen any other way?

What I'm saying is, he is obviously inept. So it obviously was a requirement for the job. To sum it up.

George sucks

What George does is a show. He gets on there, says "portal" or "dragon", "yeti", "angels", etc. And people say to themselves, "ooooooooh, he just said portal". It's the subject matter that keeps the show going. It has demonstrated that it is perfectly capable of keeping the show going. The subject matter is perfect for late night radio. The host could be the greatest flunkie ever, the show will still go. If Siegel had said the same stupid shit that George does, he would still be there.

What Art had was an involved experience. An experience on many levels. So far removed from what George does they aren't even the same species. "Wanna take a ride" was very apropos.

JustOneFix

The changing audience has alot to do with Noory staying in place. The quality of callers is not what it used to be and this new generation of C2C listeners is simple minded. Such things as 3 hrs on Aspartame or 2 hrs on why there is 10 hot dogs to a pack when there's only 8 buns in a package provides great enjoyment.

The new crowd couldn't follow the show if Art Bell was to come back and do shows like Mel's Hole or the Phil Hendrie/Art Bell trade offs. I don't need to preach to the choir on all this so we'll let the graph speak for itself.

jinwicked

Quote from: Michael V. on April 16, 2011, 10:57:31 AM
hey, this is really sweet work, and i see it follows the same styling as your avatar.  very nice.

Thanks, just having a little fun and/or venting frustration with my Wacom tablet.

fysisist

If GN took a healthy sh... er, crap, the only thing left would be his shoes.

C110

The Wanderer is correct...There is nothing else on at that hour.  Coast can boast all they want about ratings but it all simply comes down to no competition.

George sucks

Yes, that's another reason the show is on the air. There isn't anything to chose from. You'd think some local station with a pair would give an enthusiastic unknown a shot. Coast could be usurped by anyone with talent and interest.

These big syndicated radio corps know what they are doing though. They tie all their shows together. It's all or nothing. So, a radio station is going to be hanging on a limb for awhile with no syndicated programing trying to get a few local upstarts off the ground, and there is no guarantee it will take off. Still, wouldn't take much to out Coast. 

JustOneFix

Quote from: the_wanderer on April 16, 2011, 01:20:32 PM

There's really nothing else on in the timeslot, there's old sports talk, political crap and Snoory.  If you want to go to sleep who are you going to listen to Snoory, he'll put you to sleep faster than an overdose of Robitusson.  The poll doesn't show how many just went to sleep and left their radios on, the actual 'awake' listeners is probably much less.

I was just being a smart ass with the little graph I made, but yes I see where you're coming from about Noory putting people to sleep. After all that's the only reason I listen anymore. What would you say off hand what the number is? 30% are actual listeners and not sleepers?

I loved the guy calling in about the Phoenix lights and cattle mutilations, demanding to know why C2C hadn't figured out what was going on yet and had "dropped the ball!". George got pissed at the guy. Hey pal, these are the mental midgets you attract.

b_dubb

because C2C ... as WE ALL KNOW ... is the branch of law enforcement that's charged with investigating these sorts of things. sheeeeeesh

what a festival of buttpluggery

Eddie Coyle

Phil Hendrie and Doug McIntyre are decent alternatives.

And don't forget Brother Stair!

robey1129

What's this crap I am hearing about the Nooron saying he has a "special" envelope but won't reveal its contents until the time has come or the event has happened? The contents are probably blank like the inside of his head.

anagrammy

Quote from: the_wanderer on April 16, 2011, 01:20:32 PM

There's really nothing else on in the timeslot, there's old sports talk, political crap and Snoory.  If you want to go to sleep who are you going to listen to Snoory, he'll put you to sleep faster than an overdose of Robitusson.  The poll doesn't show how many just went to sleep and left their radios on, the actual 'awake' listeners is probably much less.

Great point, Wanderer.  Instead of "I create an aura of mystery," George's new claim to fame should be, "I put Ambien out of business."

It boggles my mind that he himself cannot bear to listen to the guests!

Anagrammy

starrmtn001

Quote from: jinwicked on April 16, 2011, 04:24:43 AM
Last one for a while, it is out of my system now.

EXCELLENT!!!
You nailed it!  Thank you.

HAL 9000

Quote from: MikeD on April 15, 2011, 11:24:42 PM
Wowww a caller just asked what happened to Art and George's voice tightened up a bit and said "he's in the philippines, enjoying retirement, he posted a couple pictures and he doesn't talk to us much, that's it"

The tone was rather..."I want to move past this call"

That POS Snoory lied about his knowledge of Art... the attached mp3 is the open-lines call referring to Art.

After listening very closely to the last sentence when Snoory says, "That's the most I can say about that..." the next sentence starts too soon. Upon examination of the audio waveform (and listening very closely) to my ear Snoory does not pronounce the last "t" in the word "that" and the next sentence begins virtually immediately - as though it was edited, or perhaps a portion was dumped... either way, doesn't really matter as the One-Neuron Noron continues to lie...

See attached mp3 below:

[attachment deleted by admin]

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: HAL 9000 on April 17, 2011, 02:11:05 AM
That POS Snoory lied about his knowledge of Art... the attached mp3 is the open-lines call referring to Art.

After listening very closely to the last sentence when Snoory says, "That's the most I can say about that..." the next sentence starts too soon. Upon examination of the audio waveform (and listening very closely) to my ear Snoory does not pronounce the last "t" in the word "that" and the next sentence begins virtually immediately - as though it was edited, or perhaps a portion was dumped... either way, doesn't really matter as the One-Neuron Noron continues to lie...

See attached mp3 below:
you're right.  it does sound manipulated.  the spacing after, "that's the most i can say about thaaa..." doesn't sound natural to me.  it's very rushed from "thaaa" to "let's go east of the rockies..." almost to the point of one word overlapping the other.

another (and the most likely) possibility is the removal of speech gaps by automated equipment.  usually undetectable to the listener, many modern broadcast studios have equipment that removes pauses and dead air for the purpose of using airtime more productively.  in other words, it could turn 30 minutes of speech into 29 minutes of aired content, squeezing an additional two full minutes out of the hour.  as the host watches the clock in order to meet a hard break (like the break at the bottom of the hour at XX:29:30 or the top of the hour break at XX:58:50), the clock adjusts its self so the host doesn't need to worry about these time adjustments when attempting to hit the ever shifting mark. as a matter of fact, the host would have no idea it's even happening since he's not listening to what you're listening to.  he's hearing real time, and his clock appears to be real time (even though it's constantly adjusting to reflect the gap removal).  i know rush uses one of these magic boxes... so i'm thinking it's probably standard equipment in syndicated radio these days.

on the inverse, when audio is dumped, it causes air to skip forward by "X" amount of time.  this lost time must come out of the delay buffer.  the standard buffer (or delay) used to be 7 seconds of audio.  in recent years, most broadcast studios have gone far beyond a mere 7 seconds of buffered audio.  the first reason for the increase is due to the fact that it's easy to pull off using modern, simple technology... so why not?  more control is a good thing (from their perspective).  the second reason is the climate of fear among radio executives today.  they're TOTALLY frightened something spontaneous might happen on one of their "properties."  anyway, back on track.  when the audio is dumped, the buffer size decreases by the amount of time the operator has skipped forward.  if too much audio is dumped too quickly, the delay buffer is exhausted and everything is hitting air in real time, like it or not.  there are two solutions:  wait until a break and reset the buffer, or use equipment that inserts small pauses into air for the purpose of rebuilding the buffer on the fly without listeners noticing.  most modern studios are utilizing the second option.

there's a HUGE amount of audio manipulation taking place in the processing chain from the microphone to your ears.

haloedorchid

That particular section may have been edited, but it should be noted that George Noory has been known to cut himself off when he speaks. I have noticed several times that he trails off, or abruptly ends a word and starts a new sentence immediately.

If you listen enough you will notice it, too. It's very annoying. It's bad enough to hear a conversation between two people who cut each other off; for someone to do it to themselves is insane.

George sucks

Quote from: Michael V. on April 17, 2011, 03:23:36 AM
there's a HUGE amount of audio manipulation taking place in the processing chain from the microphone to your ears.

And Noory's shows are probably the most manipulated on the radio. All his flubbering, his need to fake things all the time, his lies and games lead to that magic button getting hit an inordinate amount of times I'd bet. And, yes, you can hear the edits sometimes. 

Listened to the audio clip, just once. What struck me most about it was his deflecting the question. He didn't want to talk about Art. It touches a sore spot for him. References to Art bring it right home, he can't live in his fantasy where he is doing a good job anymore with Art in his face. I got the sense that if enough callers were to ask about Art, ask when he is going to do another show, what's going on with him, etc - that he might crack. Snap on the air. Say something rash. That would be a great moment if that happened. All IMHO of course.

Eddie Coyle

Noory will never address the Art issue because there's no reason to. Noory's core audience thinks of Art as "that weekend host". Art's diehards are long gone, they're not tuning in to Noory. Actually, he could bash Art with little fear of retribution, due to Art's power having been diminished with time, he's not viewed as a power player in radio or media 2011.

haloedorchid

Does anyone know what he makes a year, or per contract?

jinwicked

Probably enough to cry myself to sleep each night after I shut off his insipid program.

aldousburbank

Quote from: the_wanderer on April 17, 2011, 03:09:10 PM

Ha ha ha ha, you know it's bad when the king of putting people to sleep gets bored with you.  I think Snoory likes to put on guests that can just spew out crap for 2 to 3 hours without him having to get too involved and then he can throw his shitty one-liners in albeit at the wrong times because he's asleep at the wheel. 

To prep for a show with 3 hours of programming would take a lot of 'homework' and prep, Snoory seems to be too lazy to do it.  I think Bell wrote somewhere once that coast was a lifestyle, Snoory doesn't get that, or he's signed a long term contract and doesn't give a shit and going to ride the cash cow as long as lame companies sponsor him, that's my 0.02.
Wanderer, give yourself more credit bro.  That analysis is worth at least a buck and a half.

George sucks

Quote from: anagrammy on April 15, 2011, 12:02:50 PM
It is like a crossword puzzle/comedy hour where the guy is a parody of himself. 
Anagrammy

As Roger mentioned the show being a comedy, and you mentioning this... I still feel the guy is aching to have a ton of parodies done up on Youtube. He is like Sarah Palin. Tina Fey did a parody of her on SNL. The thing was a riot. And the whole thing was done in Palins own words! No script to write. Same exact thing could be done with Noory, perfectly. Run a 10 minute track of the show. Noory is sleeping, playing video games, staring at the clock, picking his nose, he walks out of the camera frame, then jumps back in when he has to say something, "Absolutely!!". So many different ways it could be done. An infinite number of ways to bring to light just how big of an ass this guy is.

I could see these parodies being big hits. Lot's of views. Advertisers PAY owners of videos that get looked at a lot - hint, hint. I know someone that has a video up of his truck driving in mud, he gets $125 a month for that one video. Trying to get someone motivated to do it maybe. If done right, the things would be hilarious.

Digitech

^^^ If we could find a way to animate Jin Wicked's illustrations, that would be easy to do.

jinwicked

Aside from knowing nothing about animation...

It sounds fun but I doubt the audience would be large enough to justify it.

The stuff I scribble on my tablet takes only two or three hours, no big waste.

Most people have no clue what those drawings are referencing.