• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Roger

The beauty of Art Bell, for me, consisted in his uncertainty and his unwillingness to be certain in so far as speculative
processes were concerned.  He was certain only about his first-hand experiences.

Like when he and his first wife saw a triangular craft in
the air above them.  He never concluded anything as to what
that experience meant, where it was from: only that it was
a real experience, doubly profound to him because he was
not alone in seeing it.

When George Noory asserts his certainties, his adamantine certainty there are 'no coincidences', his
talk of 'God': that turns the format from one of enquiry into a format for fellow 'believers' to talk about their mutual belief systems.

Enquiry ends, redundancy begins.  Echos of some forgone conclusion will get through the filter.

Instead of an abudantly diverse universe composed of diverse points of view, we are channeled into a restricted and highly directed format for expression.  And that will mean we are merely listening to rehashes of the host's pin-hole perceptions of an infinite universe.

I find that abhorant.  I often wonder if that isn't why he severely restricts Richard Hoagland to very small segments of time.

Yet we get great gobs of Linda M. Howe, who, though she pretends at 'objective' radio-journalism, always seems to drive home her prejudice of 'intelligent design' and 'alien visitation'.  She stops being a 'journalist' or enquirer to being a promoter and a kind of 'evangelist' of her chosen conclusion.

Okay, fine.  Guests should have the freedom to enunciate their positions.  When a host starts preaching to us, that tells me this isn't a format of completely neutral enquiry which would draw forth from the listening audience genuine questions.  A format that has an ostensible trend will affect the willingness by some to dial that number.

Most who dial to talk to George are in agreement with George, who has not one iota of doubt about anything.  He has formed his opinion.  And all attempts to appear to be 'just' and 'fair' and 'open minded' end up sounding insincere because he always asserts: there are no coincidences.  That formats and qualifies all other assertions contrawise to assertions about being 'open minded'.

There is something beautiful when someone can honestly assert: 'I don't know'.

At least, despite all his faults, Bell was uncertain.  Then the 'night' became very intriquing. Yet even he didn't really do the thing as well as it might have been done.  He continuously resorted to people who had certainty uppermost.  People who believed: they knew all there was to know.  Ergo: forgone conclusions, end of enquiry.

We might suppose that various people with certainty about what they talk about represents a spectrum of freedom of choice as to what listeners can derive.

That having people full of doubt or uncertainty as to the meanings of their first-hand experiences would be most disatisfying to a, potentially, 'purchasing' audience.

After all, what drives 'radio' isn't that it provides greatest density of information without conclusions, but that listeners who are pleased will buy products that promote that show.

This becomes a kind of 'choke-hold' on this medium.

The alternative has never, so far, ever been tried.

Promote information that pisses everyone off, but allows everyone to object.

Maybe the only example is Phil Hendrie, who is a complete idiot and who says not one word that isn't a kind of lie.

Yet he survives, because someone is making money on his form of mockery of both truth and falsity.

Yet Phil Hendrie ends up on the pulpit espousing his bottom-line beliefs every now and then.

He has the seeds of good critique, but his personal belief system eventually shows through and his comedy becomes utterly objectionable, to me at least.  How can you sincerely want to get a laugh from a tragedy?  Some topics ought to be utterly left alone.  Yet he survives due to people who seem to be able to disregard the facts of when he crosses the line of decency, that segment of humanity are deemed 'enough' by the commercial interests behind Henrie.

I'm not surprised at Bell's complete withdrawal from 'coasttocoast'.

If I were him, and was completely self-honest, I wouldn't allow my voice ever to be heard from again in that format as I deem that format to be, presently.

My conscience would forbid me.

Amazing to what extent we drive on against that inward math, the basis of integrity, ere we restrain.  It was at the last time I shot myself in my own foot, I made up my mind: "I'm not going to shoot myself in the foot anymore".

What would I do if, despite the pain, I was offered a raise?  I cannot say.  I stopped because there was nothing in it but pain.  Maybe some fools think the pain is worth it, deeming profit, at least, something that could be willed to heirs. Justifying foolishness, as if it were providence to posterity.

I, for one, sincerely doubt it.

(no spell check, for which apologies).r

anagrammy

Agreed and interesting points, Roger.  One of my first outloud guffaws at Noory was when a guest was talking about the possibility of an entity being a demon.  Noory interrupted his sentence to insert this:  "Well, we all know demons are real..."

Really?  What a more interesting show if he had only asked the guest what he considered the criteria in determining a spirit from a demon?  Instead the show splats on the floor--again!

Anagrammy

Roger

Well, I've given that problem a lot of thinking. As a host, what is the
criteria whereby we can interject a comment?

This is a big problem, because for a listener we have a kind of 'fly-wheel'
effect, so that we are hungry for the following series of thought or
assertions by a guest.

When a host doesn't keep notes, with pen in hand and keeping mark of any
assertion by a guest . . . in other words, being lazy . . . they compulsively
interject.  And so they break-up the flow of the entrained and interesting
topic.

Where that conversation might have gone, once interrupted by the 'host',
we can never know.  The host has put a 'period' on that sentence, and maybe
diverted it somewhere else.

This happened enough times while listening to Art Bell, and then George N,
I've been content to just pass on listening, no matter who was to be a
guest.

Can't take it.

It only makes me scratch my head, how can these idiots not know by now
how interrupting a guest mid-sentence isn't irksome to listeners?!?

So, what? Must we, to be good listeners have a pen and pad at hand and then
resort to email reports of objections to possibly unreading producers?

It all goes to the fact that they make enough money despite being not all
that they could be, and so we get mediocre stuff or pablum.

Noory 'knows' all kinds of things none of his listeners can also be so
certain about, but he seems to want them to be certain on nothing more than
his own 'testimony' . . . which is only his own proclivity.

He is a dogmatist.  A 'polarizing' individual.  All exceptions be damned.

I would like to add to my former assertion about Hoagland, too, as being
neglected by this current format.  Hoagland also falls into a kind of
insistance to his own conclusions.  His format is based on his own
connections of dots and an unwillingness to own up to mistakes of conclusions.

Thinking is a painful process.  It is so easy to come to a conclusion and
so 'rest' from that painful doing that seems restricted to brain and inward
measurements, balancings, weighings, comparisons, and provisional suppositions.

Yes, we might be in danger of being 'milk-toasters' if all we examine is
limited to merely determinedly indecissiveness.

Giordano Bruno was 'decisively' determined a 'demon'; Copernicus, Galileo
and others, too, deemed 'demons', because their faith in direct observation
or reasonings from direct experiences went against the 'asserted facts'
that were based on 'faith', as they interpreted 'faith' within their
limited experiences and knowing and understanding.

Yet we now know these dogmatic assertions have been 'repented' by so-called
'authority' from within the spectrum of structure that, supposedly, had
'all knowledge'.

Two ways 'faith' can be confident: that while we are conscious that we
will continue to be conscious. Which every new day seems to confirm; and
that what we think we think we know: it is only partial or incomplete, since
we continously learn.  So faith in continued being is one thing, faith in
ever learning the other.

In the end, the only thing we really know is: we are conscious. Yet we
hunger.  When some fools says to me my hunger may now end: I lose my
apetite.  Meaning: I die.  Not liking that much.

Roger

Well, of course, when I applied my most excoriating criticism by C2C of
neglecting Hoagland, the show would have Hoagland on for the longest time
in a long time.

Well, then, so: have him on in better health (he evidently had a bad cold
tonight).  This man's thinking deserves much more examination than he
has got heretofore.  Not that I think it all probative.  Yet I like it
a lot better than most of what C2C profers in their gropings of what
they estimate we might estimate will be interesting.

Hoagland is intensely interesting.  I'm rather certain the only reason
they gave him so much time tonight, is they think he will soon be dead.

So they are cashing in on that presumption, aforetimes.

Ghoulish.  Is it not?

It is only a theory.

Such is mortal 'theory'.  If a person reaches '70', '80' or '90', the
"sages" plan memorials and promote expectations of internments.

And these expectations and presumptions become 'infectious', and recur
back to those whom, otherwise, might have lived . . . maybe forever.

Socially acceptable murder.

Just like cancer is socially acceptable suicide.

Sadness kills, making others sad purposefully: a form of murder.

I say to Hoagland: fight. Resist. Continue.

valdez

Quote from: Roger on April 13, 2011, 01:38:23 AM
Where that conversation might have gone, once interrupted by the 'host',
we can never know.  The host has put a 'period' on that sentence, and maybe
diverted it somewhere else.

"It's too complicated," was what George said to Lawrence Joyce (cool name) who was explaining the intricate connections and latitudes of the sun and solstice and it's 2012 significance.  While it was hard to follow, it was one of the most interesting presentations I had ever heard on the matter, but George had decided that I wasn't capable of getting it.  At first George interupted Joyce with "but how did the Mayans know this?" long before Joyce had gotten to whatever the "this" was.  Then George hit him with a "did you find any doom and gloom?" in an attempt to derail him.  Finally George said it was too complicated, this after just recently gloating about how smart his audience is.  Incredible.  I have tried not to cross the line into "utter contempt" for George, and I have repeatedly expounded on his good nature and generosity, but being a jovial dolt is one thing, and showing contempt for his audience is something else.  Truth Seeker my ass.
     I just shot out an email to him and a courtesy copy to everyone else's email listed on the c2c website.  I also emailed Joyce and thanked him for trying.
     Richard C. Hoagland (I think he was called after George dumped Joyce after one hour) is entering into "truther" territory.  Great.  Just what we needed.

b_dubb

Quote from: valdez on April 13, 2011, 05:13:50 AM
I have tried not to cross the line into "utter contemp" for George, and I have repeatedly expounded on his good nature and generosity, but being a jovial dolt is one thing, and showing contemp for his audience is something else.  Truth Seeker my ass.
it's not sincere.  he's only 'nice' to the point where it serves his agenda and then he does whatever the hell serves him best

Roger

It is interesting in the context of this particular little spate of discussion
that Joyce should arise.

I didn't know anything about him before you mentioned him. I missed that
programme . . . not suprising since I only turn C2C on only rarely.

But I did a quick search on Joyce because of your mention, and found
an interesting quote:

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another."

I mostly agree with the trend of that form of thinking.

I wish I had had the patience or discipline to listen to that show.

I probably would have turned my meditations to the issues of intellect
versus emotion or our ability to have feelings, and that those feelings
would govern whatever mental verbalisations we might construct.

What comes first?  Feeling, or thinking?

So far as C2C is concerned, it wasn't 'thinking' that kept me from hearing
that show.  It was a feeling of being cheated or ripped off.

I'm sorry to Joyce, if by listening, I might have found a fellow with
whom I might travel a ways, at least, and thereby maybe a little send to
him a sense he helped a poor soul.

Well, I would rather remain content in my lostness and solve my problems
by myself, than feel constrained by a phony 'interview' with its non-too
'subtle' or even BLARING enunciations of the hosts' forgone conclusions.

When the host's conclusion is the framework: it aint no 'interview'. It is
a format for the hosts' rants.

Actually, come to think of it, makes me wonder how any deep thinker would
deign to reduce their efforts to such a format.  Huh!? Guess I didn't miss
anything much, after all.  What's interesting about anything predictable?

I coulda thunk that, me sez to me.

It's not radio that challenges.  When Bell decided to move from 'right wing'
to more 'center' and then to delve into the truly 'unknown' like Long Jon
Neville or Frank Edwards, he struck a spark of public interest very tired
of political inflammation.  Something common to all of any stripe.

What we do not know.

Then even that got skewed into various 'versions'.

The 'unknown' got set to the back-steps, and HAD to be intepreted according
to political stripes.

Money started talking after the profits began to be seen in this spark.

And the spark died.

Was washed out because every form of money was forced into some issue of
adherance to party fealty.

I'm with the first George, Washington that is, who predicted this very
thing, that 'partisonship' would tear down everything built up from the
roots of a primal interest in freedom from prior prejudices or tired
systems of thinking.

So, again, and thank you for making me aware of him, Joyce was very right
in that principle, though I don't think it general enough: the greatest freedom
from bondage to any idea is a spectrum of ideas, whereby we can truly know
we have freedom of choice.

We have 'stress' by thinking we have no choice.  And, if we see no choice,
by speaking ourselves, we make another choice.  The more voices, the more
choices.  Right now, we have mostly the voices of idiots.  Who wouldn't, who
has an iota of reason, not be stressed by that?  Hence: hang it up, turn it
off, go about the practical issues of daily life and ignore the noise.

El Kragen

"It's too complicated," was what George said to Lawrence Joyce (cool name) who was explaining the intricate connections and latitudes of the sun and solstice and it's 2012 significance.  While it was hard to follow, it was one of the most interesting presentations I had ever heard on the matter, but George had decided that I wasn't capable of getting it.  At first George interupted Joyce with "but how did the Mayans know this?" long before Joyce had gotten to whatever the "this" was.  Then George hit him with a "did you find any doom and gloom?" in an attempt to derail him.  Finally George said it was too complicated, this after just recently gloating about how smart his audience is.  Incredible.  I have tried not to cross the line into "utter contempt" for George, and I have repeatedly expounded on his good nature and generosity, but being a jovial dolt is one thing, and showing contempt for his audience is something else.  Truth Seeker my ass.
     I just shot out an email to him and a courtesy copy to everyone else's email listed on the c2c website.  I also emailed Joyce and thanked him for trying.
     Richard C. Hoagland (I think he was called after George dumped Joyce after one hour) is entering into "truther" territory.  Great.  Just what we needed.

I laughed this morning seeing that RCH was on the show last night. I had the feeling George was going to dump the guest.  George injected his pet prediction about a 2012 solar flare into the conversation. The guest sort of dismissed it and tried to return to his original thought. George was having none of that:  "Well I don't wanna get into the orbits and all that, it's just way too complicated for us" (voice trailing off)

It wasn't that it was too complicated , it's that you had to pay attention to what he was saying or you'd get lost.  Poor George, his 3x5 index cards were completely useless. 

On a related note: Lawrence Joyce needs to work on his presentation. I thought the information was interesting but he needs to learn how to express his ideas better and quit repeating himself. His style makes the information more difficult to digest...Hmmmm maybe there's a reason why he hasn't been on in 10 years

anagrammy

Yeah....Lawrence Joyce.  I forgive George for cutting him off because it saved my life.  I had a noose around my neck and was ready to jump off the chair after the fourteenth "...so I said to myself."

Seriously, this guy was AWFUL.  He would make a statement, i.e. "...the procession, therefore, is observable even with the naked eye, so the Mayans knew about it; so I said to myself, 'since the procession is visible to the naked eye and the Mayans knew about it,..."

I'm on your side with Noory's obvious low estimation of the IQ of the audience, but speaking tics like this are extremely annoying and I had to click it on over to Somewhere in Time.  Even though I'm very interested in the sun's antics and was following along nicely.

Anagrammy

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: valdez on April 12, 2011, 04:19:27 AM
I'm wore out.  I don't care about building 7.  I'm glad it's gone. 
HAHA!!!   classic.

george noory sucks.

James G.

I will never forget the incompetence that is Mr. George Noory. When he stated about snake charmers, and music has some soothing reaction on all things.

Mr. Noory is no scientist. All snakes lack ears, Mr. scientist! They are deaf to airborne sounds, human voices and music. Dumb ass! The reason snakes -- including cobras, which I once handled -- flick their tongue in and out is because it's a sensory organ. The cobras respond to the charmer's movement only, not his music! They can't hear it!

A snake absorbs an air sample, and monitors changes in air density. Especially movement around it. Displacement caused by movement. That sample of air is registered in a brain gland called the "Jacobson's Organs."

Kind of like a smoke detector. When Mr. Noory said that on air that night, I realized his grasp of science -- Like Dr. Hoagland -- can fit on the head of pin, and leave room to park the reptile house at the Bronx Zoo.

anagrammy

Quote from: El Kragen on April 13, 2011, 12:06:20 AM
I see they have an interesting Insta-Poll the the website today. 

Which of these options would you like to hear more of on Coast?

More Open Lines, including special themes & hotlines. 9.4% (199 votes)
Longer interviews with a single guest-- i.e. 4 hours. 17.34% (367 votes)
More guests, but with shorter interviews-- i.e. 1-2 hours each 15.78% (334 votes)
Prefer current format-- first hour news interview(s), 3 hours main guest 57.47% (1,216 votes)
  Total Votes: 2,116

Pitiful turnout for a program which brags it has 6 million listeners.  Maybe some of them are illiterate? 

BTW - WHAT HAPPENED TO THE THUNDER?  Remember how Art added an aura of mystery with thunder followed by Riders on the Storm (ok- nostalgia fit passing....)

Anagrammy
Yeeeeah...I don't think it's the format that's causing listeners to abandon C2C in droves

Scully

Quote from: b_dubb on April 13, 2011, 05:17:31 AM
it's not sincere.  he's only 'nice' to the point where it serves his agenda and then he does whatever the hell serves him best

So true, b_dubb.  When I finally realized that George is only as "nice" as it's profitable for him to be, I started hearing fingernails on a blackboard.

jinwicked

I moderately enjoy Whitley Strieber as a host. How is he such a boring coot as a guest?

My attention keeps fading in and out, something about shiny cooking pots. What?

Quote from: Abe Simpson
    We can't bust heads like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to tell 'em stories that don't go anywhere - like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. "Give me five bees for a quarter," you'd say.

Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

Let Whitley interview George, let George interview Whitley -- BAM! Two shows in the can.

I could even get a CC radio in case they both make me fall asleep. Thanks, George.

valdez

Neocon Greg Hunter reviews the President's clarion call for class warfare, then it was Whitley Strieber pushing his new book, "Hybrids".   Same exact questions George always asks Whitley.  He should write the answers down so he'll never ask them again.  Remember, George, Whitley was assaulted by these aliens, so next time don't ask him if they hurt people. 

broken

I completely agree with your review of the Joyce interview.  The guest was not the greatest speaker but he was very interesting.  This has to be the most annoying interview that I have ever heard from Noory.  The whole time, I got the feeling he did not want any of the details the guest was attempting to present but just another simple doomsday scenario.  He interrupted and attempted to change course several times at interesting points when the guest was not going the direction he wanted to go.  Not only that but he didn't seem to even try to pay attention (as usual) and had to be corrected by the guest several times.

George sucks

Whitley's goofiness aside, he provided one the the better moments I've heard. George was interviewing him a few weeks ago. Whitley was going on about some earth shattering mind boggling scenario. Whitley finished his comments, handing it back to George hoping for what he had said to be addressed. All George had to say was, "It sure is, let's take a call". You could hear a very audible, "AAAACKieeeeeeee" as Whitley stuck his fist in his mouth. George even had to cut away and immediately asked, "Whitley, you there?" Whitley, "Yes, I'm here". George, "Oh, good, we lost you there for a moment." It was hilarious.

Whitley even apologized for being snarky in the next segment. Everyone that knows George knows he is an inept fool. 

anagrammy

Quote from: George sucks on April 14, 2011, 07:59:17 AM
Whitley's goofiness aside, he provided one the the better moments I've heard. George was interviewing him a few weeks ago. Whitley was going on about some earth shattering mind boggling scenario. Whitley finished his comments, handing it back to George hoping for what he had said to be addressed. All George had to say was, "It sure is, let's take a call". You could hear a very audible, "AAAACKieeeeeeee" as Whitley stuck his fist in his mouth. George even had to cut away and immediately asked, "Whitley, you there?" Whitley, "Yes, I'm here". George, "Oh, good, we lost you there for a moment." It was hilarious.

Whitley even apologized for being snarky in the next segment. Everyone that knows George knows he is an inept fool.

Thank you!  I thought I heard something in Streiber's voice.  Last time on the show, just recently, he was a little heavy on the "greatest host" and "legendary George Noory" and especially "in your experience, George..." and "with your background in this area..." 

I almost got the feeling it was tongue in cheek, that he doesn't like Noory (he is a close friend of Art Bell) but has to say these things in order to plug his new book "Hybrids."  Streiber is articulate and claims experience in virtually every paranormal area:  UFO sightings, abduction, assault, implants, and I expect him to add time travel and remote viewing now that he's added hybrids to the list. 

Even so, he is a better host than Noory, which is not saying much I understand.  I would much rather listen to him interview someone.  At least he is listening.  Lately I've been thinking attention-deficit maybe to explain Noory's boilerplate responses.  Someone asks him a question or stops talking and he has to say something...Absolutely!

Anagrammy

Lunger

Quote from: anagrammy on April 13, 2011, 09:13:42 AM
Yeah....Lawrence Joyce.  I forgive George for cutting him off because it saved my life.  I had a noose around my neck and was ready to jump off the chair after the fourteenth "...so I said to myself."

"...so I said to myself."

This guy might have had something to say, but they way he presented his material was so distracting.....I just lost interest.  On the bright side it was too much for that Idiot Noory.  I could tell that Noory was very much out of his comfort zone.  Not ever wanting to have to think and all.....

I wasn't suprised that the guest got dropped and RCH did an emergency pickup.

Even though Hoagland is getting nuttier and nuttier, it's a nice shallow place for George to be.

El Kragen

Quote from: anagrammy on April 13, 2011, 11:44:12 PM

Pitiful turnout for a program which brags it has 6 million listeners.  Maybe some of them are illiterate? 

I rechecked the poll. They're up to 11,000. Still a sorry response rate for "the largest overnight show in the country"

anagrammy

What percent turnout is that poll, then, if there are six million listeners.  My old fashioned calculator doesn't have that many decimal places.....

Anagrammy

El Kragen

Quote from: anagrammy on April 14, 2011, 09:14:43 AM
Thank you!  I thought I heard something in Streiber's voice.  Last time on the show, just recently, he was a little heavy on the "greatest host" and "legendary George Noory" and especially "in your experience, George..." and "with your background in this area..." 

I almost got the feeling it was tongue in cheek, that he doesn't like Noory (he is a close friend of Art Bell) but has to say these things in order to plug his new book "Hybrids."  Streiber is articulate and claims experience in virtually every paranormal area:  UFO sightings, abduction, assault, implants, and I expect him to add time travel and remote viewing now that he's added hybrids to the list. 

Anagrammy

It's funny you say that cause I remember a while back around the time of that mysterious missile launch off CA George had Whitley on a few times during the news segment. You could tell in his voice that he didn't want to be there and didn't care for George's wild speculation. It was a definite "suffer this fool" type of thing. Then he came on for an extended segment and sounded much different: happy to be there and praising George. I got the impression Whitley got smart and decided to take advantage of the situation. He gets to come on more frequently, even host some shows.

El Kragen

Quote from: anagrammy on April 14, 2011, 09:49:14 AM
What percent turnout is that poll, then, if there are six million listeners.  My old fashioned calculator doesn't have that many decimal places.....

Anagrammy

lol...according to the interwebz it's 0.183333%

George sucks

I think it's pretty much a given among the guests that are serious about their field of expertise that George is an idiot and doing the show is a lesson in patience and tolerance. There are few guests that are either out of the loop, don't really notice because they aren't on the show enough. Hoagland plays along with Noory's stupidity to promote his ownself. That economics chick, she's usually on for 5 minutes at the begining. But has done full interviews too. She tolerates his questions well.

But by and by, it's a slog for the guests. It helps if they have a book or event to promote. Or if they are pimping themselves in some arena. 

Noory rates the guests on how easy it is for him to do a show. The guests that don't talk for a long time or are looking for conversation don't do repeats. He has four star guests I'm sure. The ones where he can really take a night off. Lionel Fanthorpe "worlds greatest story teller" - George, "I could just sit back and listen to you all night". Bet you could scumbag.

It always makes me feel good when a guests connection isn't good enough to do a show and George has to scramble. George won't do open lines unless he absolutely has to. You can hear the dread in his voice when he announces that he will have to do something else. Usually the mystery door thing.

I remember when George first started. His exasperation at unscreened calls. I remember him exclaiming on the air, "you want to do unscreened calls?!?!?!?" Then within a couple weeks his saying they will be doing screened calls, "But if you call in and we pick up, you are gettin on the air". "The screener is just there to answer the phone". Lying sack. Art could do unscreened calls because he was real. Unscreened callers would eviscerate Noory from the beginning he started because he's a fake.

And I love to hear him lie. When he says how much he likes open lines. He hates them. With a passion. Friday nights used to be a lock, four hours open lines. George still calls Fridays four hours of open lines after he has done everything he can to cut it back. Two hours with a guest. Sometimes the last half hour or hour a recorded segment. And always that 6 minute Ufo Phil song to cut back on the calls.

And when he does do them, he'll let a caller drone on and on and on just so he doesn't have to take another one. Or he'll engage with a female caller. That's another thing that really bothers me about him. The two faced treatment. Women callers get treated one way, the males another. He's a hypocrite, liar, and an idiot.

I've lost count of the number of times I've heard George Noory just flat out lie on the air.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: George sucks on April 14, 2011, 11:43:26 AM
Then within a couple weeks his saying they will be doing screened calls, "But if you call in and we pick up, you are gettin on the air". "The screener is just there to answer the phone". Lying sack.
he really made that claim?  what a jizz bag.

George sucks

That whole thing about him keeping his college diploma in the nightstand drawer because he woke up every night from a dream he repeatedly had where he didn't graduate is telling. He would have to open the drawer and look at his diploma.

He had a dream interpreter on as a guest one time. George explained how he had to do that for years before he got the job with Coast. The guest asked, "Did someone in your family pressure you to get your degree? Mother, father maybe?" George exclaimed "Yes!!!" His dad wanted him to be a doctor. George had to go the dentist route for awhile. Then switched to radio.

As far as his parents were concerned, he was a loser. They knew what was up. Then he gets the job with coast and he's finally someone. No longer need to look at the diploma.

George was handpicked for the job. They had to avoid 20 good radio jocks to get to him. He was perfect for the job. And now George thinks it's because of some skill or ability that he has that he got it. It's because he's an idiot that he got the job.

Thanks, I need to vent. I am George's greatest detractor. The guy makes me ill. 

George sucks

Mike V. - Oh yea, he totally down played the whole thing. Trying to make it sound like it was no big deal. I do remember him saying something like if you got in, you were getting on. No doubt.

And no doubt about his jizz baggery either. Jizz bag supreme that guy.

beachcomber

I think somebody screens his email too. He was asked, "Do you read your emails, George?" His reply was that he "read the good ones, but not the bad ones". He throws the bad ones away...
I wondered how he knew which was which until he read them. Somebody else must cull out the ones sent by "haters".
A reasonable man would welcome feedback pro and con, if he was interested in improving his on-air act.

I suppose he doesn't question his guests for the same reason that he doesn't read bad emails - he's practicing the Golden Rule
Don't do unto others what you would not have them do unto you.
Except for the drop in quality of the C2C experience, I wouldn't care what he did or didn't do since I have no personal say, but there's something mean about him as evidenced when he asks a blind man if he sees colors. "What do you think of when I say blue?"

"I don't think of anything", the guy said (to his credit).
Or when he tells Linda Moulton-Howe on the air "This is your last show on Coast".
Then he laughs...
well we all make mistakes and real men admit it when we do, and don't make others look foolish to cover our own asses.
The radio gods gave him his break when he got that job - he reciprocated by sucking at it.

George sucks

The reason he got the job is he sucks. You can't have a program like Coast being run by someone asking the relevant and NEEDED questions in times such as this and in the times to come. He's the perfect idiot for the job. The show will do nothing. It will be of no help. It has effectively been neutered.

b_dubb

Quote from: CoastToCoastAMOUCH!!!! MY GONADS!!!!! ACCCKKKKKK!!!!!! CURSE YOU GEORGE!!!!! CURSE YOU TO HELL!!!!!!!