• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Flat Earth Theory

Started by 21st Century Man, March 22, 2017, 12:45:16 AM

Confirmed!  Shaquille O'Neal is an idiot.  Hasn't he ever observed the earth from a plane?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/radio/podcasts/shaquille-oneal-world-flat-satellite-imagery-fake/

starrmtn001

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 22, 2017, 12:45:16 AM
Confirmed!  Shaquille O'Neal is an idiot.  Hasn't he ever observed the earth from a plane?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/radio/podcasts/shaquille-oneal-world-flat-satellite-imagery-fake/
Lol!  I heard that interview on The Tim Conway Jr. Show last night.  Say whaaat? ;D

JesusJuice

The Earth is concave and not flat. It's not even a planet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDSS5k-105M

Dyna-X

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 22, 2017, 12:45:16 AM

While I don't take any conspiracy regarding a flat, concave, or hollow earth seriously, it is fascinating to watch how these ideas spread throughout society. The real conspiracy might dumbed down science (and education in general) in combination with something more interesting like MK Ultra style programming to destabilize society. The Soviet Union was rife with strange urban legends before it fell.

=Schlyder=

How do the flat earthtards explain winter in the northern hemisphere, when it is summer in the southern hemisphere? if earth were a disc we should all experience the seasons at the same time no?  How about when it's daytime in North america, and night in Asia?   

aldousburbank

Quote from: Schlyder7 on March 22, 2017, 01:28:19 PM
How do the flat earthtards explain winter in the northern hemisphere, when it is summer in the southern hemisphere? if earth were a disc we should all experience the seasons at the same time no?  How about when it's daytime in North america, and night in Asia?

Because. That's how.

albrecht

I was wearing shorts and sweating in the sun while mowing my lawn and trimming my trees the other week when the upper-Midwest and NE was in a blizzard. Maybe it is all a bunch of spheres because we are in the same hemisphere- if you buy into that "theory" of a round earth?  ;)

=Schlyder=

Quote from: albrecht on March 22, 2017, 01:53:19 PM
I was wearing shorts and sweating in the sun while mowing my lawn and trimming my trees the other week when the upper-Midwest and NE was in a blizzard. Maybe it is all a bunch of spheres because we are in the same hemisphere- if you buy into that "theory" of a round earth?  ;)

You must be nearer the equator of the globe as opposed to the northern areas. ;)  Was it nighttime there when it was daytime in the UMW/NE as well?

albrecht

Quote from: Schlyder7 on March 22, 2017, 01:57:14 PM
You must be nearer the equator of the globe as opposed to the northern areas. ;)  Was it nighttime there when it was daytime in the UMW/NE as well?
I think I was in the Southern Hemisphere of the small, hollow obviously, sphere- what they call the continent of North America in the larger, single sphere earth theory  ;) ;)

ninjashoes

Why does the eclipse line up perfectly?

Why would the distance between celestial bodies be so exact?

the earth is flat... all the way round.

actually, i think the flat earthers just need to take a flight over the north pole. been there, done that [extreme blue nosing]. looked purdy curved from there. not to mention that cool green ring [at that time] just hanging about.

btw... am i the only one around here that loves watching hours of the earth via ISS feeds?

Ciardelo

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on April 12, 2017, 12:07:39 AM

actually, i think the flat earthers just need to take a flight over the north pole. been there, done that [extreme blue nosing]. looked purdy curved from there. not to mention that cool green ring [at that time] just hanging about.

btw... am i the only one around here that loves watching hours of the earth via ISS feeds?

I've got an app on my phone with supposedly real-time earth with clouds for telling time. Does that count?

Quote from: Daniel End of Days Radio on April 11, 2017, 11:10:01 PM
Why does the eclipse line up perfectly?

seriously... or have public primary schools really gotten that bad in the last fifty years?

"Solar eclipses can ONLY occur during a New Moon when the Moon moves between Earth and the Sun and the 3 celestial bodies form a straight line (or nearly): Earthâ€"Moonâ€"Sun. There are 3 kinds of solar eclipses: total, partial, and annular. There is also a rare hybrid that is a combination of 2 eclipses (annular and a total eclipse)."

then there is the relationship between size and distance between the sun and the moon, but judging by your question i'm guessing that concept might be a confusing perspective.

ninjashoes

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on April 12, 2017, 12:35:28 AM
seriously... or have public primary schools really gotten that bad in the last fifty years?

"Solar eclipses can ONLY occur during a New Moon when the Moon moves between Earth and the Sun and the 3 celestial bodies form a straight line (or nearly): Earthâ€"Moonâ€"Sun. There are 3 kinds of solar eclipses: total, partial, and annular. There is also a rare hybrid that is a combination of 2 eclipses (annular and a total eclipse)."

then there is the relationship between size and distance between the sun and the moon, but judging by your question i'm guessing that concept might be a confusing perspective.

Yes please explain the size issue. I honestly don't get this part.

ninjashoes

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on April 12, 2017, 12:07:39 AM

I'll bite,

How could you see the earths curve when planes do not fly high enough to see it? Was it a special high altitude flight?

What is the green ring?

How does flying over the north pole prove the earth to be round?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Daniel End of Days Radio on April 12, 2017, 12:40:17 AM

Intelligent Design

Quote from: Daniel End of Days Radio on April 12, 2017, 12:40:17 AM

otay...

ninjashoes

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on April 12, 2017, 12:46:12 AM
otay...

ok but could you lay it out in words?

I'm sorry to waste your time but I simply do not understand this and it would really help me if you would help me understand.

ninjashoes

"The moon is 400 times smaller than the sun, but by extraordinary coincidence, the sun is exactly 400 times further away as well. This results in a perfect solar eclipse - where the moon fits exactly over the sun. The fact that it fits so perfectly, is rather suspicious. The chances of the size of the moon and the distance from the sun being so exactly perfect for a solar eclipse, are extremely small."

I don't know if i would call this intelligent design but these odds do seem rather suspicious especially since we seem to be the only habitable planet in the near vicinity.

I'm not saying its a flat earth or intelligent design or anything but to call people stupid for questioning things that don't make sense right away, isn't really right imo

Quote from: Daniel End of Days Radio on April 12, 2017, 12:41:50 AM
I'll bite,

How could you see the earths curve when planes do not fly high enough to see it? Was it a special high altitude flight?

What is the green ring?

How does flying over the north pole prove the earth to be round?

you'll bite? really? how is it that you have gotten this far in life and don't know. it's all well and fine exploring alternative ideas, except when you decide that everything you have ever been told is wrong (not literally everything of course). when you have no idea of the where and why of those things you have been told, why would you accept the alternative explanations instead? you are asking questions that you should already know the "accepted" answer and the reasons for those answers.

as an example- "what is the green ring?"
the narrative was the north pole > the green ring (or curtain) would be the aurora. i could have said blue and red, but i've only seen it that color from the ground and only at certain times of the year.

you have the world of knowledge of what is accepted at your finger tips... not just the alternative ideas. so tell me... "Why would the distance between celestial bodies be so exact?" or is it? and consider what you mean by "exact". exactly the same? exactly detailed by how it is measured? how it is measured? wakarimasu ka?

Quote from: Daniel End of Days Radio on April 12, 2017, 01:25:23 AM
"The moon is 400 times smaller than the sun, but by extraordinary coincidence, the sun is exactly 400 times further away as well. This results in a perfect solar eclipse - where the moon fits exactly over the sun. The fact that it fits so perfectly, is rather suspicious. The chances of the size of the moon and the distance from the sun being so exactly perfect for a solar eclipse, are extremely small."

I don't know if i would call this intelligent design but these odds do seem rather suspicious especially since we seem to be the only habitable planet in the near vicinity.

I'm not saying its a flat earth or intelligent design or anything but to call people stupid for questioning things that don't make sense right away, isn't really right imo

i am not calling you stupid. ignorant yes. we are all ignorant in one respect or another are we not? i do not believe you understand what it is you are asking because, you don't have a basis to understand the answer. that is not calling you stupid or isn't intended.

Quote from: Daniel End of Days Radio on April 12, 2017, 01:25:23 AM

come on now... go deeper and consider the odds of even being aware.

Peace!

ninjashoes

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on April 12, 2017, 01:25:48 AM
you'll bite? really? how is it that you have gotten this far in life and don't know. it's all well and fine exploring alternative ideas, except when you decide that everything you have ever been told is wrong (not literally everything of course). when you have no idea of the where and why of those things you have been told, why would you accept the alternative explanations instead? you are asking questions that you should already know the "accepted" answer and the reasons for those answers.

It is good to question things especially when I have not seen the curvature of the earth myself. I have been on airplanes and was puzzled by how flat it seemed. I was only asking the details of your flight, it sounded interesting and I was hoping it might clear things up for my wondering mind.

as an example- "what is the green ring?"
the narrative was the north pole > the green ring (or curtain) would be the aurora. i could have said blue and red, but i've only seen it that color from the ground and only at certain times of the year.

Cool, it must have been beautiful.

you have the world of knowledge of what is accepted at your finger tips... not just the alternative ideas. so tell me... "Why would the distance between celestial bodies be so exact?" or is it? and consider what you mean by "exact". exactly the same? exactly detailed by how it is measured? how it is measured? wakarimasu ka?

So your hypothesis is that it is actually an optical illusion and there wouldn't have to be anything going on that shows a high improbability?

That is a good hypothesis, the optical illusion theory. It may in fact be true!

Quote from: Daniel End of Days Radio on April 12, 2017, 02:26:01 AM
So your hypothesis is that it is actually an optical illusion and there wouldn't have to be anything going on that shows a high improbability?

That is a good hypothesis, the optical illusion theory. It may in fact be true!

no. i was trying to get more detail from you on what you were asking...

Quote from: Daniel End of Days Radio on April 11, 2017, 11:10:01 PM
Why would the distance between celestial bodies be so exact?

in the hope that you might find information like this to answer THAT question...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Introduction_to_general_relativity

or even something short and simple like this:

"Spacetime tells matter how to move; matter tells spacetime how to curve" -- John Archibald Wheeler

i first heard that quote as "matter tells space how to warp; warped space tells mass how to move"

or you can just accept the answer of "42"..... .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZLtcTZP2js

albrecht

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on April 12, 2017, 04:17:59 PM
this is cool...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-COlil4tos
Bad ass, and amazing. Also crazy that we are still using a plane that is what? 50 years old (I know some upgrades and changes but still.) Also, would be funnier if Clarkson could've fit in and done it. Made some politically incorrect ethnic or racist comments and jokes and punched out a caterer.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on April 12, 2017, 04:33:39 PM
Yep. Especially the landing with the chase cars.
I guess they need them for advice upon landing? That is crazy!

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on April 12, 2017, 07:08:26 PM
Bad ass, and amazing. Also crazy that we are still using a plane that is what? 50 years old (I know some upgrades and changes but still.) Also, would be funnier if Clarkson could've fit in and done it. Made some politically incorrect ethnic or racist comments and jokes and punched out a caterer.

First U2 flight was 1955. Almost as old as the B52s. I didn't research to see what tail numbers/ production years re still flying. I still see NASA B-57s flying every once in awhile down here.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 12, 2017, 07:12:50 PM
First U2 flight was 1955. Almost as old as the B52s. I didn't research to see what tail numbers/ production years re still flying. I still see NASA B-57s flying every once in awhile down here.
If it aint broke, already build, and proves reliable I say use it. Especially when you can upgrade certain things or when the more modern stuff isn't tried and tested or more open to modern day vulnerabilities (hacking, foreign made parts, etc.) It still amazes me though. I recently heard that some of our ICBM facilities are still using flopping drives and old computers, I guess the same rational- not internet connected, harder to hack, still works, and can perform the basic functions needed without "frills." Not sure on the veracity.

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on April 12, 2017, 07:09:17 PM
I guess they need them for advice upon landing? That is crazy!

The 380th Expeditionary Wing used to be the 380th Bombardment Wing when I was stationed in Plattsburgh. After BRAC in 1991, it was recommisioned. It roots trace back all the way to WWII

https://youtu.be/HS0wbv78gl0