• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Dyna-X

Quote from: Dateline on November 13, 2016, 10:56:12 AM
Here is how I think of Norry on a good day.  He is like the ole small town or neighborhood butcher/grocery store owner.  Everyday he opens up the shop regardless of the weather just so that you can have your livers, hamhocks and geezors, I mean gizzards.  He wears a white apron and personally cuts the meat and hands it pack to you in a white paper wrapping tied with hemp.  He even uses the old time meter scales.  I analogize this to Coast.  He starts the show everyday.  He has vanillaed it up to be white.  You know you have to have your meat and have it weighed.  That is paranormal topics with ads.  It is always mostly Norry there. 

Ok, Norry, you are a veteran neighborhood butcher/grocery store owner of Coast.

LOL, good analogy. Noory is basically Sam the Butcher from the Brady Bunch. Some nights you get fatty steaks or a tough old bird other nights prime rib. You can gripe about the price, but he still send you away with a smile and some meat scraps for Tiger.

zeebo

Quote from: Dyna-X on November 13, 2016, 01:20:36 PM
LOL, good analogy. Noory is basically Sam the Butcher from the Brady Bunch. Some nights you get fatty steaks or a tough old bird other nights prime rib. You can gripe about the price, but he still send you away with a smile and some meat scraps for Tiger.

Haha ... on some nites he closes shop early, but makes up for it on the first Sun. of the month w/ a free sample platter of toothpicked meatballs.

11angeleyes11

I'll take a pound of bologna and some lamb legs.

I'm not a George hater but what the hell is going on over there. the show line up is horrible lately. All health, rock and roll legends, voting and even Pokemon go. Just check the site.

I know it can't always be everything im into , but it's getting so watered down.

ItsOver

Quote from: Bobbysaltereg0 on November 14, 2016, 09:21:56 AM
I'm not a George hater but what the hell is going on over there. the show line up is horrible lately. All health, rock and roll legends, voting and even Pokemon go. Just check the site.

I know it can't always be everything im into , but it's getting so watered down.
Jorch said some years back the show had to be "taken in a different direction."  In other words, his dark master, PremRat, was now in charge and the show had to cater to the lowest common moron who would actually be stupid enough to support the show's lame-ass advertisers.  Hence, the never-ending supplement infomercials and other brain-dead topics.  Jorch likes to throw in The Numbers Lady, just to spice things up for him.  I'm just glad we still have Knapp and LMH. 

Yea Its just getting really bad. I also like Dave Schrader too add to that list

Quote from: ItsOver on November 14, 2016, 09:33:21 AM
Jorch said some years back the show had to be "taken in a different direction."  In other words, his dark master, PremRat, was now in charge and the show had to cater to the lowest common moron who would actually be stupid enough to support the show's lame-ass advertisers.  Hence, the never-ending supplement infomercials and other brain-dead topics.  Jorch likes to throw in The Numbers Lady, just to spice things up for him.  I'm just glad we still have Knapp and LMH.

Paranormal as a topic is dead.  Either it's been way overexposed, it's too easy to find what a person is specifically interested in on the internet, or there aren't any hosts to make it listenable.  Or all three.

George's problem is he's George.  He has no aptitude for radio, doesn't seem to know much about the world around him, or be much interested in it.  Can't fix that no matter what the topic is.

ItsOver

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 14, 2016, 08:35:22 PM

...George's problem is he's George...
Well, there's always that, unfortunately.  Jorch is dull and sucks as a host.  All roads to Jorch lead to the same conclusion.  He sucks.

But thanks for the Veterans Day well wishes, Jorch.

Dateline

Looking at the Coast schedule this week, the meat has spoiled. 

zeebo

Quote from: Dateline on November 15, 2016, 12:25:51 AM

Don't lose faith dateline, there's still a bag of hot dogs in the freezer.

michio

An asteroid was heading towards Los Angeles on the pages of a Hollywood script, in what may be a case of "life intimidating art."  NASA and FEMA engaged in a planetary protection exercise in a simulation of an asteroid strike.

There's nothing to worry about, Georgie. Everything is fine. Don't believe the propaganda. Asteroids are a hoax perpetrated by the Chinese government to waste our time and money.

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.php?feature=6669

Kenny Aronoff doesn't seem to be the brightest guy but I'm enjoying his segment.

136 or 142

Nice to hear Mish Shedlock was still as negative as ever despite the election of Donald Trump, who he supported  He could have mentioned the increase in the stock markets or that the Federal Reserve was likely to raise rates in December anyway which should calm the bond market down a little and result in a tilt of the yield curve, but, it's good to know that according the Shedlock the United States if not the world is either about to enter into a recession if not a depression if we're not all already in one.

ItsOver

Quote from: zeebo on November 15, 2016, 12:29:51 AM
Don't lose faith dateline, there's still a bag of hot dogs in the freezer.
So that's where Hoagie's been hiding.  Next to the to alien burrito.

136 or 142

Quote from: Dateline on November 15, 2016, 12:25:51 AM

Three of the six remaining guests this week are paranormal related (up to Thursday.)

Howard Bloom still butthurt about Hillary's loss wants to get rid of the Electoral College.

zeebo

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 16, 2016, 12:17:32 AM
Howard Bloom still butthurt about Hillary's loss wants to get rid of the Electoral College.

I nominate him as the most annoying person to be accidentally sitting next to at the coffee shop.

Quote from: zeebo on November 16, 2016, 12:25:42 AM
I nominate him as the most annoying person to be accidentally sitting next to at the coffee shop.

Oh God, yes.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: HedgehogNorman on November 16, 2016, 09:44:28 AM
https://twitter.com/latimes/status/798819190639448065

C2C is lumped in with The Onion and InfoWars among others.

Is there a news feed that includes C2C as a source?  Does the C2C site even include original articles?  I thought they just cut/pasted articles from other sources.

ItsOver

Quote from: HedgehogNorman on November 16, 2016, 09:44:28 AM
https://twitter.com/latimes/status/798819190639448065

C2C is lumped in with The Onion and InfoWars among others.
Hahaha.  The Onion is a news source?  Well, I guess when you compare it to the New York Slime or the Washington Compost.  I'm usually chuckling at their headlines.  By this token, he left out madmagazine.com

CornyCrow

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 16, 2016, 12:17:32 AM
Bloom is annoying to me, I think he mispronounced a relatively common name of someone in politics and since he presents himself as knowledgeable, I became disgusted with him.

Look, the difference this year between the electoral and popular votes was so small that it should hardly matter, but I think the electoral college is a legal loophole to cheat the vote and since we recognize it, we should close it to avoid some future problem, which could get very serious.

The states handle the way the electoral college votes are handled differently, anyway, because it is a problem.   

Quote from: Segundus on November 16, 2016, 06:57:36 PM
Bloom is annoying to me, I think he mispronounced a relatively common name of someone in politics and since he presents himself as knowledgeable, I became disgusted with him.

Look, the difference this year between the electoral and popular votes was so small that it should hardly matter, but I think the electoral college is a legal loophole to cheat the vote and since we recognize it, we should close it to avoid some future problem, which could get very serious.

The states handle the way the electoral college votes are handled differently, anyway, because it is a problem.   

I disagree but we've gone back and forth about it. Maybe I didn't express myself clearly.  Please watch these 2 short videos about it and I'd like to know what you think as I do think on most subjects you are quite reasonable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6s7jB6-GoU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXnjGD7j2B0

CornyCrow

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 16, 2016, 07:08:16 PM
I disagree but we've gone back and forth about it. Maybe I didn't express myself clearly.  Please watch these 2 short videos about it and I'd like to know what you think as I do think on most subjects you are quite reasonable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6s7jB6-GoU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXnjGD7j2B0
Yes.  Thank you for taking the time to hunt these things up. 

It is still a situation in which the number of electorates is determined (mostly) by population.  You notice that the NPV groups are doing something that sounds sneaky and illegal, but it is really within the law because electorates can vote any way they want.  The video calls it coalition building, but it can also be promises and payoffs that build a coalition.  It is an avenue for corruption.

Trump supports NPV, too.

I am also much in favor of election finance reform.  I would make election periods shorter and instead of traveling all over the country they would use the media more strongly.  The media is still the 'public airwaves' meaning the public owns and issues licenses.  A mandate for a license could be that they have to offer free air time for national elections. 

albrecht

Quote from: Segundus on November 16, 2016, 07:54:22 PM

I am also much in favor of election finance reform.  I would make election periods shorter and instead of traveling all over the country they would use the media more strongly.  The media is still the 'public airwaves' meaning the public owns and issues licenses.  A mandate for a license could be that they have to offer free air time for national elections.
In smaller population states, or in states/local governments that have more inclusive laws about addressing the city council, debates, etc you get some beautiful moments and colorful characters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPwW8nBVc0g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOEVmwFCYtQ

Quote from: Segundus on November 16, 2016, 07:54:22 PM
Yes.  Thank you for taking the time to hunt these things up. 

It is still a situation in which the number of electorates is determined (mostly) by population.  You notice that the NPV groups are doing something that sounds sneaky and illegal, but it is really within the law because electorates can vote any way they want.  The video calls it coalition building, but it can also be promises and payoffs that build a coalition.  It is an avenue for corruption.

Trump supports NPV, too.

You're welcome. :D  I'm with you on everything you wrote in the last paragraph.  I see your point on the EC but I don't think it is the threat you think it is.  That is completely fine.  We shall just agree to disagree on that.