• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150803 - Stephen Bassett/Merrill Cook - Disclosure - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 03, 2015, 09:51:56 PM

caught the last 90 minutes earlier this morning. Ended up being a great show.

Really interested in hearing the ratings.

There was a caller speaking about Salvia divinorum. I tried it one time. About a week prior I was out in the woods and came upon a deer. At the time, The deer and I just stared at each other for about two minutes, but it felt like an hour. Was weird because normally I would never just stand anywhere and stare at anything normal like a deer, right in the eyes, like I was trying to connect to it via ESP. Later that day it bothered me and I even told my wife about it, why was I staring at a fucking deer so long?

In santa cruz/monterey the next weekend, walking down cannery row, came to a smoke shop and found Salvia divinorum so we got some. Saved it until we got home and when I tried it (in a dark room), I was back in the woods, I was the deer, staring at me. Being the deer made sense. I remember looking at me through the deer persepctive that that man was safe and wouldn't hurt me (the deer). It was a surreal exchange of knowledge.

Like the caller said, it's really a quick experience. I won't ever try it again, it took a few days to get over what had happened.

centaurie

Best show yet. I keep being asleep when the cool stuff happens, darn. Think it will be a boring show... and bam so much fun.

-Glad I'm a Time Traveller, that way I get to listen on the way to work.  After today it was a good thing I was planning on sleeping. :D

zeebo

Quote from: ASC on August 04, 2015, 01:53:30 PM
...I was back in the woods, I was the deer, staring at me. Being the deer made sense. I remember looking at me through the deer persepctive that that man was safe and wouldn't hurt me (the deer). It was a surreal exchange of knowledge.

Cool story ASC.  That deer's perspective experience reminds me of the kid in Game of Thrones who can run with the wolves.

BobGrau

There was a caller speaking about Salvia divinorum. I tried it one time. About a week prior I was out in the woods and came upon a deer. At the time, The deer and I just stared at each other for about two minutes, but it felt like an hour. Was weird because normally I would never just stand anywhere and stare at anything normal like a deer, right in the eyes, like I was trying to connect to it via ESP. Later that day it bothered me and I even told my wife about it, why was I staring at a fucking deer so long?

In santa cruz/monterey the next weekend, walking down cannery row, came to a smoke shop and found Salvia divinorum so we got some. Saved it until we got home and when I tried it (in a dark room), I was back in the woods, I was the deer, staring at me. Being the deer made sense. I remember looking at me through the deer persepctive that that man was safe and wouldn't hurt me (the deer). It was a surreal exchange of knowledge.

Like the caller said, it's really a quick experience. I won't ever try it again, it took a few days to get over what had happened.

I've tried just about every hallucinogen known to man or leprechaun, and I can tell you that stuff scared the shit out of me.

Quote from: lonevoice on August 04, 2015, 03:27:59 AM
Can you imagine what Dave would have done if this happened to him?  He would have panicked and thrown on a replay, or maybe called Lionel Fanthorpe to bail him out...again.

Tonight's show was tremendous fun!

Exactly what I was thinking.

ItsOver

If there's any benefit to Dave, it's that he's made me appreciate Art even more.

Quote from: Meister_000 on August 04, 2015, 03:58:15 AM
I think Art was doubly and triply pissed because at 12:41am (this thread , see below)  NorCalSolstice posted saying that he had contacted Bassett and Bassett tried to blame Redacted (Heather) for the problem and that's what Art was specifically responding to -- that post and it's content and not least of which the straw that "broke the back" so to speak, Bassett's blaming Heather (and thus the uncharacteristic curse).

This is just my hunch, and I'm only mentioning it for those who haven't the time to read through everything. If I'm wrong, please forgive me.

Yeah, it wasn't right to use (Redacted) as a scapegoat just because she is new to the job.  These guys are all professional BS artists anyway.

ItsOver

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 04, 2015, 02:30:24 PM
Yeah, it wasn't right to use (Redacted) as a scapegoat just because she is new to the job.  These guys are all professional BS artists anyway.
Agree.  Was he taking lessons from the classless acts at PremRat?

Perhaps, but I come in contact with deer nearly every day in my yard, and they will stare at you until they think you're distracted and they can make their escape.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 04, 2015, 02:36:09 PM
Perhaps, but I come in contact with deer nearly every day in my yard, and they will stare at you until they think you're distracted and they can make their escape.

agreed. But in real time, I couldn't move. I was being drawn to look at this deer and knew it at the time. "there's a reason why I'm supposed to be staring at this deer"

then a week later I try the stuff and it was like

"this is why you were supposed to be staring at the deer, you are the deer"

ok trippy universe, you win, I tap.

Herbn-Legend

great experience🍄

scottydawg

One guest bolting or falling asleep, fine, it's happened before. 2 guests bowing out, Sabotage! Art's getting great audience during the 1st 2 hours of C2C. Doesn't do good for trying to sell commercials when the customer knows no one is listening!

Quote from: ASC on August 04, 2015, 02:45:42 PM
agreed. But in real time, I couldn't move. I was being drawn to look at this deer and knew it at the time. "there's a reason why I'm supposed to be staring at this deer"

then a week later I try the stuff and it was like

"this is why you were supposed to be staring at the deer, you are the deer"

ok trippy universe, you win, I tap.

I'm all about the deer respect.

slippingaway

Quote from: ShayP on August 03, 2015, 10:59:45 PM
Do they stay on with glue or do you have to have just enough hair to bobby pin them on?
Telesis 5 silicone matte lace adhesive, your trusted glue for merkins and other skin/lace backed applications.

ZomZom

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on August 04, 2015, 12:09:48 AM
I got through!  Woohoo!  I hope Richard Hoagland's show does go three hours.  I really, really, really want that.

Quality call. Good job!

ShayP

Quote from: slippingaway on August 04, 2015, 03:14:30 PM
Telesis 5 silicone matte lace adhesive, your trusted glue for merkins and other skin/lace backed applications.

LOL! Thanks for the info!  ;D  That is some expensive stuff.  Plus you need thinner.  ??? One would have to drop $100 for both.

CHEERS!  :)

ShayP

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on August 03, 2015, 10:02:59 PM
The way Art talks about BellGab you would think we were all psychopaths.

I bet it increases traffic to this site.  ;) 8)  MV?

Jackstar

Quote from: ShayP on August 04, 2015, 03:59:54 PM
I bet it increases traffic to this site.  ;) 8)  MV?

In the future, everyone in the world comes here twice--the second time, to apologize.

steelbot

Congrats Redacted on the Job! - Always nice to see some fresh ideas, hope your talents provide you with greater opportunities, and help Art in this digital world!

kinda cool actually how much influence this board has given in Arts new found travels.  Gotta love it!! keep on rocking everyone.

ShayP

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on August 04, 2015, 12:09:48 AM
I got through!  Woohoo!  I hope Richard Hoagland's show does go three hours.  I really, really, really want that.

I had to listen to most of the last hour from the archives.  Was it you with the "Audio vérité" comment?  Awesome.  8)

trostol

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on August 03, 2015, 10:02:59 PM
The way Art talks about BellGab you would think we were all psychopaths.

you mean we're not?

~runs off to hide the knives~

BattyBrooke

Reading everyone's posts about salvia has me thinking either you're all full of shit OR I'm dead inside because I got the *best* salvia here in Los Angeles more than once & nothing happened. At all.

I'm probably dead inside.

Juicy80

That is really a great story, just makes you think. Science tries to explain away everything, but some things are just deeper and more exotic than x's and o's.

Juicy80

Quote from: BattyBrooke on August 04, 2015, 08:00:34 PM
Reading everyone's posts about salvia has me thinking either you're all full of shit OR I'm dead inside because I got the *best* salvia here in Los Angeles more than once & nothing happened. At all.

I'm probably dead inside.
or you got the shit from the best con artist in la

Auslandia

So was there any actual explanation for the guests not showing up last night?

nika01

I would like to withdraw all previous comments I made about Bassett not being on. There are things that simply don't add up, and I think he may not be at fault.

AppealPlay

Quote from: ShayP on August 04, 2015, 05:13:35 PM
I had to listen to most of the last hour from the archives.  Was it you with the "Audio vérité" comment?  Awesome.  8)

Yep, that was me.  I am obsessed with RCH's show at this point.  I am drawn against my will to listen to his trainwreck. ;D