• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Hypochondriacal (?) quotes

Started by Dixie Butcher, August 10, 2008, 06:04:59 PM

Dixie Butcher

Since Noory is a major hypochondriac,  I'm starting this thread for any classic quotes pertaining to this particular neuroses of his.

During the August 7th "Health Special"  show, we have this one:

"I think modern medicine done the right way is incredible, don't you?"

That particular show had scads of classics -  SCADS!!  I TELL YOU!  SCADS OF THEM !!!

EvB

I don't doubt you - I just don't listen carefully enough to notife his hypochondriacle side.  Can give give more specifics?  Examples?

Dixie Butcher

;D   ;D ;D  There are LOADS of them,  I can supply some vagueries at the moment, but my memory is so bad,  I probably won't come up with anything too specific.  I used to actually write tons of his dumb stuff down- VERBATIM - God I'm Pathetic. ( Between Streamlink and those chats he did on the C2C website, he provided plenty of evidence to bite him in the ass later.)  But there was just so, so much stuff to write down & double check that  I finally had to quit. He's so fucking stoopid that I'd end up having to transcribe nearly entire shows at times.   I have plastic tub in the basement full of notebooks that are CRAMMED  with stupid shit - often related to his health - that he has said. 

So.  As we know, GN is self-centered / egocentric / etc.  to an extreme that borders on needing psychological help.

He is TERRIFIED of dying and getting ill,  I mean waaaaaaaaaaaay  yonder more than most people.   And he will hop on any crazy new "alternative cure"  that comes up the pike.  When he does have guests that have anything to do with medicine or health,  the whole show turns into his own personal visit to the 'doctor',  live on the radio.  Or at least he tries to make it into one.  Anytime somebody mentions some disease he hasn't heard of,  he starts asking loads of questions,  and invariably thinks that he has it.

I must say,  health related shows are the only ones he ever actively participates in,  and he'll actually ask unscripted questions.  Because he automatically turns the show into being about him.  Or at the least,  what *may* happen to him.  And how he can avoid it.

A couple years back  -  well, wait.   First off,  he's obsessed with his cholesterol and arteries getting clogged and stuff.  Can't recall if he's had them scraped or whatever they call it, but I'm fairly sure he's talked about it.   Somebody was on his show awhile back with some new miracle way to bring down the level of some damn thing.  Maybe calcium deposits?  ( I'm chuckling to myself as I type, it's so absurd.  Hadn't thought about it for ages... God he's a freak...)

Aaaaaaaanywhooziedoodles,   he convinced somebody to put him on this program where he took just a ridiculous amount of tetracycline or some antibiotic every day for a year - and I think he actually continued it longer than that - talked about it ANYTIME a subject remotely related popped up.  He'd figure out how to talk to That Damn Numbers Lady, or Micio Kaku - hell,  he'd talk to JC  about it if he could have.     :D  Really, I can hardly think straight it's tickling me so much.  So he does this antibiotic thing for his health - I think ultimately it had to do with his heart health.  Never once considers that overdoing antibiotic to that degree might fuck him up.  And furthermore,  he's constantly dissing conventional Western medicine and Big Pharma,  and always advocates use of "herbal and alternative medicines",  yet he's pounding some IN.  SANE.  amount of antibiotic chemicals into his gob 10 times a day.  LOL LOL LOL LOL !

So he does this therapy, and I guess he got the desired results,  but it just wasn't enough,  so he hears of some new, experimental surgical procedure where they can really "clean out the old ticker",  and after awsking a lot of doctors about it,  he finally finds one croaker in Missouri who will do it for him. 

Cuz see,  he is SOOOOOOOOOO  into himself,  he sooooooooo wants and needs to be alive,  he SOOOOOOOOOOO  does not want to have a heart attack,  that he's willing to die on the operating table while getting an unproven surgery that may or may not make him 10% less likely to have a heart attack or stroke.   Well.  As it turns out,  Richard C. Hoagland's wife has some sort of medical credentials,  and she screamed at him every which way from Sunday that this deal is a bad, bad, dangerous, invasive thing,  and begged and demanded that he cancel.   Which he did - but he really didn't want to.

And usually he's full of shit when he says he's gonna do something,  or he wants to.  You know, like go UFO watching at Gilliland's Place, play with a Ouija board on the air  or go out with the Ghost Hunters or whatever.  But I'd just about swear that he fully intended to do this.   The tone of his voice and everything -  and I studied his mannerisms and tones and all for waaaaay  too long - I'm pretty positive that the whole deal was a go.  He sounded very upset and disappointed when he went on and cancelled it.

;D ;D ;D  OMG,  he's such a FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK !!!!!

You may have heard him mention that he died once.   He used to mention that ALL.  OF.  THE.  TIME.  In that creepy, low, serious tone he gets when he's deeply concerned about something.  which used to be all of the time.  But the only - and I mean ONLY thing he was deeply, sincerely concerned about was himself.  So he'd always mention he died once, but then never give details, no matter how much prompting he got from the guest.   He'd always lame out and say something like,  "No.  I can't go back there.  It was too traumatic." , or the like. 

And see,  there's a tell right there -  the man displays all of the characteristics of a  pathological liar,  as well as an egomaniac,  so the fact that he would not talk about himself - to me- just screamed that he really didn't have a story. 

Well,  after listening to him for years and putting together little bits he would share,  near as I can tell,  he never had a heart attack or a stroke or anything like that.  One time he slipped and told one guest, of his "near death experience",  "Well - it didn't last long.  Only for a few seconds, really.  But I was dead.  I was gone."

I'm thinkin',  "What the fuck ?  So you   sneezed?!?"   

Heh - maybe he was trying out auto-asphyxiation -  that sounds like something he'd do. 

When he said it didn't last long, though - and this is somewhat important as far as an insight to his character - it wasn't in a dismissive tone,  like, "Aw, it wadn't that bigga deal - I just blacked out for a second" -  no, no, no.   He had that deadly serious tone he gets,  it sounded like he was trying to convince everyone that, in spite of this incident's short duration,  it was extremely serious and "we almost lost him".   God's gift to the World - George Noory.  Oh lord, lord, whatever would we do without him ?!  THANK GOD he's still with us!   What a close call !!

So that's a little bit of info.  I'm starting to get wound up,  wand part of me want to try to recall and type out other stuff,  but like I said, my memory is a bit fuzzy ( but I do have tons of stuff jotted down verbatim),  and also it's just kind of embarrassing that I paid that much attention to him.  I'm a dork ! :P

Sometimes I imagine him trying to threaten with lawsuits or some such jackassery- which would of course be futile and absurd on his part - cuz it's like,  "look, Jack,  it was right there on the radio.  MILLIONS  (or so you say)  heard it!!"   All I'm doing is repeating shit he said and editorializing on how you came off."   There's nothing beautiful about Noory,  however  there is much beauty to be found in Simplicity,  and that man is about Simple.  Not sure what my point is.  Maybe that,  although, in my opinion,  he's an ugly character, at least there is some mirth and joy to be found in his simplicity.  Or maybe I'm just tired. 

Happy dreams, everyone!

MV/Liberace!

haha dixie i love your writing style.  i could read your posts all night.

EvB

WOAH!

Yeah - I don't tend to listen to the health shows.  I live in ALTERNATIVE EVERYTHING LAND (Western Massachusetts) and there is only so much one girl can take - so no - I haven't heard a lot of that stuff - but I did hear him go on about some diet thing that turned out to be something I'd heard YEARS ago after he built it up for weeks.

As for the anit-B's - the man is likely to either get soem kind of awful drug resistant skin eating bacteria, or - even more likely - one of these days some doc is gonna give him whatever he was taking for a real reason, and he's gonna go into anaphylactic shock.

And the ouija bord show?  WHAT AN F'n SCAM that was!  That was back before I really had much of an opinion about GN - but I almost PUKED when he did that phony Mea Culpa "I'm so truly sorry I was willing to endanger all of you, my radio family."  Hack - Gag- Hawk- Spit!  Seriously - made my skin crawl.

Loui Zoot

Noory has all the depth of a reflecting pool.

Spikegirl

Quote from: Loui Zoot on August 11, 2008, 10:35:59 PM
Yeah, he's not quite as deep as a puddle. ;)

Dixie Butcher

Quote from: Loui Zoot on August 11, 2008, 10:35:59 PM

Heh heh.   That's about right, and actually very generous on your behalf, Loui;  but unlike a reflecting pool,  he provokes exactly "zurro"  desire for you to gaze at him.  And the only mental reflection he provokes in me is, "How the f*ck does the man even stay alive ?  He doesn't even seem smart enough to be able ot chew food and swallow without assistance."

;)  Okay.  That's a lie.  He actually incites me to do a great deal of reflection.  And I don't need to tell any of you the sort of thoughts that he prompts in my mind.  Yeeeesh!  (shudder)

Quote from: Dixie Butcher on August 11, 2008, 09:47:57 PM
  There's nothing beautiful about Noory,  however  there is much beauty to be found in Simplicity,  and that man is about Simple.

LOL!That's the Snore for you, a walking cholesterol ridden conundrum.

Frys Girl

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/help.html#george

Is George Noory an Alien?

Number 17 question from the Help page on c2c web site answers:

While we cannot answer conclusively, his DNA profile does not match any known species.

Frys Girl

Does anyone remember when Snoory asked the audience if they have heard that Praying Mantis' are aliens? Then he said that he had a praying mantis pet that he stepped on and would take on walks with a leash. SNORON! The guest actually believed him and said "GEORGE do you have pictures?" Snoory said "that's sick" The guest said "no it would show that you love him."

He went on and on and said he threw away the shoe he stepped on him with...."I went without shoes for a while because of that"

Dixie Butcher

::::::::::roll eyes::::::  What.  A.  Tool.   GAH!!!

Frys Girl

You're totally right about Snorge being hypochondriac.

On the AUG 7 show, he says that his biggest fear for the show is that he will get sick and "mess it up". HA! We're way past that schmohawk.

SNORON also pronounced tumeric TURMERIC. .... ...... whyyyyyyyyy?

Quote from: Frys Girl on August 25, 2008, 04:45:53 PM

SNORON also pronounced tumeric TURMERIC. .... ...... whyyyyyyyyy?

That drives me up the friggin' wall when he does that. GAWD!!!!

TUMOR-ik!!!!!!!!!

Dixie Butcher

uhhhhhh....  actually, ladies,  it *is*  turmeric -  one of the few words he gets right - which is still annoying.   The other night that guest kept saying "tumeric"  and George corrected him,  all Lording Over His Great Command of the English Language- Like - it made me want to gag !!

It's a portal just like in the movie contact!

Spikegirl

Quote from: Frys Girl on August 25, 2008, 03:13:57 PM
Does anyone remember when Snoory asked the audience if they have heard that Praying Mantis' are aliens? Then he said that he had a praying mantis pet that he stepped on and would take on walks with a leash. SNORON! The guest actually believed him and said "GEORGE do you have pictures?" Snoory said "that's sick" The guest said "no it would show that you love him."

He went on and on and said he threw away the shoe he stepped on him with...."I went without shoes for a while because of that"

Isn't is against the law to kill a Praying Mantis? Did the Snoron just admit to a crime over the air?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Spikegirl on August 26, 2008, 09:19:19 AM
Isn't is against the law to kill a Praying Mantis? Did the Snoron just admit to a crime over the air?
reallY??

EvB

Quote from: Spikegirl on August 26, 2008, 09:19:19 AM

Sorry to disappoint, but the Praying Mantis isn't on any protected species list at the federal level (I just looked) though there may be state or other local laws involved.  Besides - he described having stepped on it by accident as a kid (though I got the feeling it was supposed to be some kind of grim gag - it's just didn't 'click' - his attempts at humor often don't) i don't think that counts as a high crime or a misdemeanor - bummer, eh?

These critters are very good pest control for your garden, and fun to watch - so most people will leave them be and you can even order a nest-sack that about 50 of the things will hatch out of if you want some in your garden and don't have any or many.

One small warning:  I've never been hurt by one - but they do have these amazingly sharp little "hooks" near what would be the heal of your hand on a human, or dewclaw area on a dog. If they get you with it - by accident or design - it can hurt like hell.  It's like a jagged paper cut. Otherwise, AFAIK - they're harmless.

Then - there is the evil robotic variety:

MV/Liberace!

yeah, the previous mention of them being endangered prompted me to read the entire wikipedia article on the mantis, and to watch about an hour worth of mantis videos on youtube.  i am an exciting man.

Frys Girl

It's illegal in Virginia, where I greweth up.