• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

norland2424

Quote from: mv on September 17, 2016, 06:06:32 PM
i don't think art quit bellgab.  he reads regularly, it looks like.  and he posts from time to time.

He posts on his fb page almost every day so he's active on the net.

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on September 17, 2016, 06:20:49 PM
Daddy's busy. Go play in your room.

Not before 20 years of back allowance is paid in full.

albrecht

A new account is dumping a lot of vintage Art Bell on the youtubes recently. Most, from what I can tell, is in the ultimate archive but some might be better versions or new stuff.

norland2424

Quote from: albrecht on September 17, 2016, 07:08:47 PM
A new account is dumping a lot of vintage Art Bell on the youtubes recently. Most, from what I can tell, is in the ultimate archive but some might be better versions or new stuff.

Keep it in the pm's if ya share it, don't want priemer shutting it down

Quote from: mv on September 17, 2016, 04:30:48 PM
Where are you getting this from? You realize you're in the Art Bell thread, right?

Who?

albrecht

Quote from: norland2424 on September 17, 2016, 07:22:21 PM
Keep it in the pm's if ya share it, don't want priemer shutting it down
Yep. Always. IHate interns and paralegals always a concern.

Quote from: ItsOver on September 17, 2016, 08:57:55 PM
You know.  Mr. Quitter.

Quitting is fine, the 'explanations' are the problem

I wonder what the SIT ratings are compared to regular Noory shows?

I listened tonight on my way home.

Quote from: HedgehogNorman on September 17, 2016, 10:16:43 PM
I wonder what the SIT ratings are compared to regular Noory shows?...

In my car and at home, ratings for both are the same

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 17, 2016, 09:16:35 PM
Quitting is fine, the 'explanations' are the problem

You exist to bitch and complain about everything.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: BobGrau on September 17, 2016, 01:13:40 PM
Why?

Edit: That reads back as a little combative, it's not meant to be. What I mean is why do you think that could be a potential situation in the future when there's no reason why stuff like that couldn't happen now? (and mostly doesn't)

Further Edit: Now I remember why I went with the short post originally.

Listening to MV talk on the subject of this forum's future, as recently as the other day, he's definitely interested in expanding the membership to include people who not only are not Art Bell fans but may not even know who Art is. Obviously, he's going to make what changes he can to encourage that, as he has with the latest ones.

This goal is reachable but problematic in terms of not messing with the core appeal and personality of the forum, which is rooted one way or another in the Art Bell/Noory/C2C universe. It's a branding challenge and a marketing challenge. It won't be easy. Of course, that doesn't mean he shouldn't go for it. Just that there are risks.

ItsOver

Quote from: Value Of Pi on September 18, 2016, 04:20:07 AM
Listening to MV talk on the subject of this forum's future, as recently as the other day, he's definitely interested in expanding the membership to include people who not only are not Art Bell fans but may not even know who Art is. Obviously, he's going to make what changes he can to encourage that, as he has with the latest ones.

This goal is reachable but problematic in terms of not messing with the core appeal and personality of the forum, which is rooted one way or another in the Art Bell/Noory/C2C universe. It's a branding challenge and a marketing challenge. It won't be easy. Of course, that doesn't mean he shouldn't go for it. Just that there are risks.
The best strategy?  VaguelyLoveableDate.com  And adding up and coming singing artists to the CabCast.

trostol

Quote from: LucaParcelli on September 17, 2016, 04:36:17 PM
Ummmm, did I miss something?

Did Art quit facebook? I tried to access it through the MITD website and the profile has vanished...

nope..but all his posts now are vastly political

Value Of Pi

Quote from: ItsOver on September 18, 2016, 08:33:08 AM
The best strategy?  VaguelyLoveableDate.com  And adding up and coming singing artists to the CabCast.

The dating idea is pretty funny. Since, as MV also pointed out the other day, anonymity is critical at BellGab (so no Facebook login option), we'd probably have our avatars looking for dates with other avatars.

In that case, I'll have to change to a person-type avatar because to have any chance at all with Audrey Hepburn, mine at least has to be a person. Yours can at least sing and play guitar.

mikuthing01

Quote from: Value Of Pi on September 18, 2016, 08:20:23 PM
The dating idea is pretty funny. Since, as MV also pointed out the other day, anonymity is critical at BellGab

bellchan.org MV can be the next mootykins

LucaParcelli

Quote from: mikuthing01 on September 18, 2016, 08:24:59 PM

Is this a video of the girls that Falkie saw at Starbucks?

Is so, then... well... oh my.

paladin1991

Anybody seen.....Wha....mmmmmm....uhm.......BRB

jazmunda

Does someone want to tell these girls you can't make babies this way?

Quote from: jaz on September 19, 2016, 02:55:29 AM
Does someone want to tell these girls you can't make babies this way?

I don't think they are very interested in making babies.

scottydawg

Geez This is scary! Just like a "Murder of Crows, a "Cackle of Geese", a "Coven of Witches" and now a
"Clusterfuck of Queers!"

albrecht

I'm cooking dinner and listening to an old Art show that was on SIT the other night. Cases of "Spontaneous Human Invisibility" was  main subject. It is great/hilarious/weird and reminds me once again how good he was back then and how far we have fallen now with the current C2C and MITD shows.

norland2424

Quote from: albrecht on September 19, 2016, 05:52:05 PM
I'm cooking dinner and listening to an old Art show that was on SIT the other night. Cases of "Spontaneous Human Invisibility" was  main subject. It is great/hilarious/weird and reminds me once again how good he was back then and how far we have fallen now with the current C2C and MITD shows.

Sad isn't it

albrecht

Quote from: norland2424 on September 19, 2016, 05:53:14 PM
Sad isn't it
It is really pitiful he is now citing examples with the guest about sunlight's color changing and magnetic reversals and North Pole migration and human resonance, besides the "Spontaneous Human Invisibility" so often experienced. It is great stuff. I don't know why, except for some laughs or get local news updates, I even tune-in, sometimes, to MITD or C2C.