A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

stevesh

Not Open Lines after all:

'Filling in for George, John B. Wells hosts a discussion on alternative media with a panel of guests appearing throughout the night, including journalist and Breaking the Set host Abby Martin, Shepard Ambellas of Intellihub.com, and Buzzsaw hosts Tyrel Ventura, Sean Stone and Tabitha Wallace.'

Ventura and Stone are the whelps of Jesse and Oliver, respectively, and Tabby needs to tell her website host to increase her bandwidth.

SR-71

Quote from: stevesh on September 27, 2013, 05:46:53 PM
Not Open Lines after all:

'Filling in for George, John B. Wells hosts a discussion on alternative media with a panel of guests appearing throughout the night, including journalist and Breaking the Set host Abby Martin, Shepard Ambellas of Intellihub.com, and Buzzsaw hosts Tyrel Ventura, Sean Stone and Tabitha Wallace.'

Ventura and Stone are the whelps of Jesse and Oliver, respectively, and Tabby needs to tell her website host to increase her bandwidth.
I guess that commander wells is at the helm. I will the klingon battle group on yellow alert.

Morgus

Its a 3-day Noory free weekend:
Wells on Fri & Sat
Knapp on Sun

onan

Quote from: Morgus on September 27, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
Its a 3-day Noory free weekend:
Wells on Fri & Sat
Knapp on Sun

All my weekends are noory free.

SR-71

The klingons will stand down on Sunday. George knapp is awesome like mr art bell.

RedMichael

Open lines with Wells is a barren wasteland only populated by vague comments, paranoia, incoherent rambling and you are left wanting a refund even though you paid nothing. And don't get me started on the callers...

grano salis

Re: Wells.  I liked his Phillip Marshall interviews.  In general, he does not get the more interesting guests, however.

11angeleyes11

This may be cutting age and interesting if this topic plays off what I read today.  Feinstein has proposed or passed a bill that would deny First Amendment Speech Protection to Alternative News Commentators such as Alex Jones and George and J.B. The law would threaten commentators with up to jail time and a $300,000.00 fine.  It would chill the free speech of alternative news commentators. 

This would also apply to bloggers and commentary.  It would create by proxy a network of spies that would monitor the speech and writing of alternative news.  How this is achieved is through the definition of what is a "journalist".  I don't recall the exist definition I read, but it would be someone that works or is employed for a major or state run news service.  Some edgey reporting would still be allowed.  For example, Wolf Blitzer could get away with it because he works for CNN, but not Alex Jones.  Your average alternative news reporter would not want to put their lives or families at risk to be a jailed or face up to a $300,000.00 fine.   Therefore, the reporting would be chilled and silenced indirectly through legislation.  You would still have the First Speech Constitutional Right, but at what price to each individual?  A right that you would be afraid to exercise due to the personal cost and toll.

You know the slope is slippery, so this needs to be called to the attention of the American public, and Coast should do it.  I'm just not sure if that is the slant that the guests will be taking.

I bet they are going to bring up Crystal Cox, who slandered a financial firm, and then sent them a letter offering her "internet reputation services" at $2500.
She was sued and defeated in court when she could provide no evidence to back up her claims and asked to pay $2.5 million.

Juan

I listened to some of Wells before I got sick of it.  The guests sounded like they were very young and used very imprecise language, through out a lot of wild accusations, did a lot of name calling, attacked "the corporations" and pronounced a lot of cliches.  Horrible.

That said, the Constitution protects JOURNALISM not the profession of journalists.  This bill is clearly unconstitutional (as well as immoral) though I doubt any of the current Obamacare-exempt figures in Washington would recognize it.  We need to bring back tar and feathers.

PChirp

Quote from: UFO Fill on September 28, 2013, 01:33:34 AM
I listened to some of Wells before I got sick of it.  The guests sounded like they were very young and used very imprecise language, through out a lot of wild accusations, did a lot of name calling, attacked "the corporations" and pronounced a lot of cliches.  Horrible.

Hallelujah!  Very well put, Fill.  I couldn't get past the first hour due to the fancy, "hipster" lingo.  What a mouthpiece---ruined any and all hope for the rest of the show.  ::)

valdez

Quote from: UFO Fill on September 28, 2013, 01:33:34 AM
...I got sick of it.

Towards the end of the show Wells said "somebody was complaining that I breathe too much on the microphone."  And that somebody would have been coastgabbers Snap T and Michio discussing his breathing a week ago (post # 3589 and 3623), which means Wells is definitely reading this (his) thread (go ahead and register, Wells, baby, and chill with us) and probably got tired of the "right wing" moniker and so tonight he does the left wing looney show.  Abby Martin, Shepard Ambellas, Tyrel Ventura, Sean Stone, and Tabetha Wallace.   Yeah, I never heard of them either, and their talking points all kind of blurred together in my head: corporate this, corporate that, the arrogance of believing in American exceptionalism, the war criminals (Bush, the Israelis, take your pick, or bundle them together for more savings!), cold fusion (well...I suppose that hasn't been politicized...yet), the beauty of the occupy movement, and the dictatorship of the tea party (don’t I wish).  But one theme that seemed to flow throughout the night was the uselessness and/or malpractice of the mainstream media.  Combine that with the low information voter and the result, no matter where you stand on things, is a real and genuine threat to our democracy, and the republic.

"...and lastly I shall respond to those scoundrels
who have accused me of breathing too heavily..."

RedMichael

He can only pander. In his mind swinging from the extreme right to the extreme left is a form of appeasement. If we complain about his extreme political shows he would now probably say "Well I did a show on the left, what do you want from me?" as the whole point has sailed past his head long ago.

b_dubb

Quote from: Redacted on September 17, 2013, 02:46:02 AM
I love Art because he calls people out everytime.

How many meds?  Clearly not enough! lol!
Ummm ... EVERY time? What RCH/Sean David Morton/Major Asshole Ed Dames?

If you retire from a military career at Major that's basically proof that you're a worthless shit

SR-71

Secret Terrorists
Sat 09-28

Joining John B. Wells, former electronics engineering officer at the NSA, William B. Scott, will discuss how a dangerous terrorist faction codenamed INDIGO is deeply entrenched in society. They look like us, sound like us, live in our neighborhoods, and pass for respected citizens. But they have a permit to kill, and thousands of Americans are dying.
Art Bell: Somewhere in Time
Sat 09-28

6-10pm PT: Art Bell: Somewhere in Time returns to 4/23/97 when Charles Ostman talked about nanotechnology and how the Internet may one day breed sentient beings.

I smells myself some Wells tonight.
Anyone going to try to give it a shot?
come on...... no?

Quote from: HorrorReporter on September 28, 2013, 09:28:02 PM
come on...... no?

I just hope he has the wit to play the Indigo Girls. Apart from that, Paranoiapalooza will have to embark on the mothership without me.

RedMichael

Cracking a Robin Williams joke in the middle of a child sex trafficking discussion. Stay classy John. Welp thats enough for me. Gave it shot.

valdez

Amber Lyon  on sex trafficking, Michael Hastings, and how CNN has been recieving money from governments to portray their countries in a favorable light.  I have so had it with CNN.  William B. Scott's  son was killed by a cop.  Tragic, but to compare cops to al qaeda is more bridges than I care to cross.  Fukushima is briefly discussed. 

DanTSX

Well that show was more depressing than it was boring.

Why am I nostalgic about when insomnia used to be a little bit of fun?

Too bad JBW didn't talk about fat, old, HAMs importing child brides from the philipeans to live in their fenced in, highly irradiated mobile home "compound".   I sure think there is a human trafficking story there.

Quote from: DanTSX on September 29, 2013, 07:48:57 AM

Too bad JBW didn't talk about fat, old, HAMs importing child brides from the philipeans to live in their fenced in, highly irradiated mobile home "compound".   I sure think there is a human trafficking story there.

I sure think there isn't, but nice try, anyway.

We can expect more of this as George fades into oblivion

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 29, 2013, 08:59:32 AM
We can expect more of this as George fades into oblivion

Which can't happen fast enough.

RedMichael

Quote from: DanTSX on September 29, 2013, 07:48:57 AM
Well that show was more depressing than it was boring.

Why am I nostalgic about when insomnia used to be a little bit of fun?

Its a little too early to be so desperate yes? Art's show has only been out for 2 weeks. Try this, if you don't listen to Art's show, then you won't know how bad C2C has become.

SR-71

John b wells is full of infowars.com crap and that is one of the many reasons he sucks.

DanTSX

Quote from: RedMichael on September 29, 2013, 10:09:45 AM
Its a little too early to be so desperate yes? Art's show has only been out for 2 weeks. Try this, if you don't listen to Art's show, then you won't know how bad C2C has become.
i have listened to arts new shoes.   They are not his best shows like late 90's coast, but I give it two thumbs up.  Great show

C2CAM just seems even worse now that there is a comparison that is contemporary to it

Nebraska888

One word for Wells..................

BORING.    :P

Quote from: valdez on September 29, 2013, 05:22:15 AMWilliam B. Scott's  son was killed by a cop.  Tragic, but to compare cops to al qaeda is more bridges than I care to cross.  Fukushima is briefly discussed.

And then swears he's not on a vendetta.  Yes, calling the guard who saw the gun and called the cops jealous of the Scott's looks, wife and success is not a vendetta-ish thing to say.

RedMichael

Just think of all the nights Wells hosted that could have been hosted by someone else or have been filled in with replays.

You might think that listening to Coast is free (less the insiders). However, time is money and we all pay that debt in time.

What could have been...

John Smith

Quote from: HorrorReporter on September 28, 2013, 09:28:02 PM
come on...... no?

I am an occasional masochist, I'll tune-in with hopes that a potentially decent guest might be able to overcome the unspeakable wretchedness that is the JBW interview. JBW is easily the worst interviewer I have ever heard on radio.