• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

Supernormal

Quote from: ArtBellFan on June 22, 2009, 10:45:54 AM
George Knapp rocks, he is the closest to Art that has ever been on Coast, intelligent , informed and knows what he is doing...would love to see him be the main host on Coast but sadly don't think he would ever give up is lucrative day job at KLAS in Vegas...
Last night show with Paul LaViolette and Col. John Alexander was great...
I couldn't agree more. He's the true heir to the throne, but he rules other realms.

bigdaddyknapp

Sunday June 28, 2009

Legendary oil and gas executive T. Boone Pickens will join George Knapp in the first hour to lay out his groundbreaking plan to stop America's dependence on foreign oil.
http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/upcoming

Sounds awesome... meanwhile Ian is still scouring the barnyard in search of tonight's guest

EvB

QuoteSounds awesome... meanwhile Ian is still scouring the barnyard in search of tonight's guest

LOL!  Damn - they really have him on short notice lately.

EvB

Looks like he has a schedule at last:

QuoteIan Punnett welcomes several guests, including Dr. Ann Blake Tracy, author Howard Bloom, and Michael Luckman, director of the New York Center for Extraterrestrial Research, for a discussion on Michael Jackson, his tragic death, drug use, and link to UFOs.

bigdaddyknapp

on and lest we forget
QuoteThen, medium Christian von L?hr will channel the King of Pop, who has a message from beyond for the people of the world.

Words I Like

Does anyone have a link to the MP3's for this?

I remember he announced he was working on that one about 2 months before he finally did it. He kept saying "next week I might have it ready" so my expectation was so geared up that I had Sundays marked off on my calender. Even though that segment didn't seem to be too surprising or remarkable it was something I'd like to listen to again.

Supernormal

We haven't heard from him lately. Did he go the way of James and Wells? It would be a shame if he did, because I always thought that he was the true heir to the throne. I wish that he was the main host!

Curtis Loew

Quote from: Supernormal on July 17, 2009, 12:44:38 AM
We haven't heard from him lately. Did he go the way of James and Wells? It would be a shame if he did, because I always thought that he was the true heir to the throne. I wish that he was the main host!

According to the C2C  website he's  on this Sunday.  Let's hope there's no technical errors.

Sunday July 19, 2009

George Knapp hosts hosts investigative reporter Peter Lance, who'll discuss how America's intelligence services fumbled the pursuit of terrorists, paving the way for 9-11 to happen.

Supernormal

Quote from: Curtis Loew on July 18, 2009, 03:50:39 AM
According to the C2C  website he's  on this Sunday.  Let's hope there's no technical errors.

Sunday July 19, 2009

George Knapp hosts hosts investigative reporter Peter Lance, who'll discuss how America's intelligence services fumbled the pursuit of terrorists, paving the way for 9-11 to happen.

Thanks, Curtis. This is the guy who tangled with Patrick Fitzgerald. IMO, some individuals in the CIA and the FBI were extremely negligent, but I don't blame the whole agencies for the irresponsible behavior of a few *possible* rogues. Show me the money, and I'll show you the rogues. 

Wedged between an altar boy and a mustached moron.

Curtis Loew

Quote from: Supernormal on July 18, 2009, 06:45:34 PM
Thanks, Curtis. This is the guy who tangled with Patrick Fitzgerald. IMO, some individuals in the CIA and the FBI were extremely negligent, but I don't blame the whole agencies for the irresponsible behavior of a few *possible* rogues. Show me the money, and I'll show you the rogues.

Has this guy been on the show before?   I'm sure he has but I could be wrong,  I'll have a listen it should be good.

Supernormal

Quote from: Curtis Loew on July 19, 2009, 02:40:10 AM
Has this guy been on the show before?   I'm sure he has but I could be wrong,  I'll have a listen it should be good.

He's been on a few times with Ian. I'm not sure why Knapp is interviewing him. I heard the same show once or twice in the recent past. I think that you'll enjoy it since you didn't catch the other ones.

From my porch in Korea, I can see Korea...... :P

Knapp is the closest think to Art Bell on the radio. His enthusiasm is felt over the airwaves and that is what is missing most on C2C. Many claim on this forum that Snorry should be put to sleep, but I argue that it is already happened. I sometimes wonder if the producer thinks that Snoory is asleep at the mic.

danDNA

GK doesnt want the job, as he is very busy journalist (and good one). he also said that he admires the fact that night after night george noory can go on and do the show. but i still think noory is terrorble (sic). shame. i think GN needs a real rival, another paranormal show that can compete, but sadly it aint happening.

hello all btw. :)

Quote from: aliens_against_noory on May 29, 2009, 06:47:23 AM
Noory Quote:

5/27/09

?The Koreas are so close to each other, they join each other?

Then there's Ian, who told us this week that he is studying up to be on 'Who Wants to Be A Millionaire', and as part of his preparation, just learned where Ethiopia is.

No big deal, except this guy claims to have gone to Seminary, and doesn't Ethiopia play a fairly prominent role in the Bible?

What other common knowledge is our know-it-all host unfamiliar with?  (Oh, he's so smart, just listen to all the big words he knows...).

Next week:  Ian learns where Egypt and Israel are (hey, only because it might come up on 'Millionaire').

danDNA

i dont think i have ever in the history of millionaire heard the question - where in the world is such and such country.

xpmark12

I have had this recurring dream since listening to Snoory one too many times.It is late and I look out my bedroom window and see George Snoory standing under a streetlamp.Rod Serling walks by and says to George, "get the hell out of this guys dream you bastad".

sherry440

What a wonderful idea about George Knapp! I would listen again if he were the host. He has brains and can continue one train of thought for more than a minute. Does anyone know if Art Bell is back in the US? ...with Airyn's immigration problem fixed?

Marc.Knight

Quote from: sherry440 on August 12, 2009, 03:53:58 PM
What a wonderful idea about George Knapp! I would listen again if he were the host. He has brains and can continue one train of thought for more than a minute. Does anyone know if Art Bell is back in the US? ...with Airyn's immigration problem fixed?

And they chose the meat head instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNOIg0CHDGA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0NO0ySNSAE

Lets hear from you more sherry440.

danDNA

can you imagine GN doing this sort of presentation? my fucking mind boggles at the fact that he has his own radio show! he is such a fucking puppet for an advertising company.

JAL1628

Couldn't agree more. It should be George Knapp's show. Without a doubt, he is the only host who has the spirit of Art.

Marc.Knight

George Knapp will be teaching a journalism course at the College of Southern Nevada beginning in January.

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/view/132593

Tricia524

Yikes!  I was listening to a caller "mike" on a recent show called High Strangeness 4/25 and this guy thinks it would be "good idea" to obliterate 99% of the world and let the rich only survive ... Look, people are great and we can solve our problems about pollution without killing off everyone. Jeez dude!  Scary. Call the FBI.

Also why is everyone asking for prayers?  Is this a religious show now ? 

Finally, callers are  getting their news stories from National Enquirer!!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Tricia524 on May 08, 2010, 05:56:29 PM
Also why is everyone asking for prayers?  Is this a religious show now ? 
i, too, find this to be a bit annoying. 

and while on the subject of subjectively effective problem solving tactics, some people also seem to want us to cry.  literally.  i drive past a sign probably twice per month in someone's yard which reads, "Weep for America."  jesus christ.

Supernormal

He would be the main host in a perfect world. Unlike Ian, he doesn't get his panties in a bunch when people say wild and crazy things. He also doesn't have to be right. Of course, he knows that the show is about the given topics, not all about him (no filibusters in the guise of questions).

It may have been mentioned in the past. I would like to see George Knapp as the full-time host of Coast to Coast. I think Knapp makes the obvious successor to Art Bell and is just as big and credible a figure as Bell is/was in ufology and paranormal subjects (he broke the Lazar story and Area 51 for goodness sake) I also like Knapp for his sharp questions and his strange sense of humor. To me out of all the guest hosts I've listened to over the years, Knapp seems to be the most natural to the C2C lineage.

I also like that he seems to be able to get a good interview out of lousy guests. The one point of contention with him being a full-time host is his get to the point nature may be bad with psychics or other schlocky guests. However, I personally like this aspect to him. I also think Knapp is a bigger and more credible name than Noory and would be able to attract a higher caliber of guests and subject matter to the show. I would like to see C2C getting back to being the dangerous show it was under Art (C2C was practically a threat to national security in the 90s) instead of the god forsaken Mainstream New Age Infomercial it is now under Nooron. I think Knapp is the guy to take it back to that level. It'll never be the C2C we loved under Art again. However I think it could be a fascinating and edgy show again under Knapp.

And honestly how much would you enjoy George Knapp interviewing Art Bell on C2C?

EvB

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on June 04, 2010, 07:10:28 AM

And honestly how much would you enjoy George Knapp interviewing Art Bell on C2C?

That would be very cool. 

I'd take Knapp over GN any day -  but I doubt he'd be their choice.

Siiiiigh . . .

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on June 04, 2010, 07:10:28 AM
...(C2C was practically a threat to national security in the 90s)...
wow, yeah, i remember those days for sure.  i can clearly recall being 16 years old driving around in my great grandmother's 1973 oldsmobile toronado, listening to art, thinking, "this guy is allowed to DO this on the air?"  haha, good times.

this is a bit of an aside, but one of the art bell memories that sticks out the most for me was when he announced george harrison had been stabbed.  heard it from him first.