• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

Maxwell

Quote from: ItsOver on November 07, 2016, 06:24:11 PM
I loved when the bologna would transform into an iron cross.  James Mason, as "you glorious bastard!" Rommel, would be proud.

I have fried a lot of bologna in my day but I never noticed the Iron Cross connection.  Thank you Bellgab.

Jackstar

Quote from: Jackstar on December 04, 2016, 04:22:13 PM
I'm actually not sure

I gave it a minute, but I see now that I actually have to do everything around here now. Sigh.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Jackstar on December 04, 2016, 04:26:21 PM

I gave it a minute, but I see now that I actually have to do everything around here now. Sigh.

Now who are you supposed to be, Jackstar?

Honestly, you people who keep changing your names and avatars just make me . . . . ???   :o   :-[

Never mind. ;D

Hautex

Just bought a 2012 Altima 3.5SR Coupe from a local dealer and explicitly told them to keep me out of their system for sales and extended warranty calls for health reasons. I have to sleep at different times of the day and night. So, after a dozen extended warranty robo calls, twice as many pieces of junk mail, and the fact I'm on the do-not-call list, a report was made to the Federal Trade Commission. Please make them stop...... #fuckcardealers #shouldaknownbetter

comaphobe

The recent YouTube upgrade. My computer screen dims while watching videos now and 1 minute later it goes black as if the browser is completely idle.

Anyone know how to unfuck this shit? It is annoying. I am not changing my computer settings to work around this horseshit.

If I keep mouse pointer on the video screen sometimes that works, but that is annoying to have to do..... Plus if I fall asleep with it like that the thing screen never turns off, even if the video is long finished and the screen is idle for many hours.

This is bullshit.

Up All Night

I'm annoyed by the Left's hatred for anything that emphasizes the "Christ" in Christmas...

Charlie Brown Christmas Poster Can Go Back Up says Texas Judge

Today, a Bell County judge issued a ruling that a Christmas poster in Killeen, TX could be placed back on the door with the additional text “Ms. Shannon’s Christmas Message.” Texas Values president Jonathan Saenz represented Dedra Shannon in court today, a staff member of Killeen Independent School District (ISD), who was forced to remove portions of a Christmas poster that she had displayed on her door at Charles E. Patterson Middle School last week. Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton’s legal team also made an appearance in court in support of Ms. Shannon.

Ms. Shannon, a clinic aide, decorated the nurse’s office door with a scene from A Charlie Brown Christmas with a direct quote from Linus, when Linus tells Charlie Brown about the religious history of Christmas. Ms. Shannon was told her door decorations must be torn down by the school’s principal because they were “an issue of separation of church and state.” The principal told Ms. Shannon that the drawing of the Linus character and symbol could stay, but Linus’s quote referencing the religious history of Christmas that included the word “Christ” had to be removed, if not, the entire poster had to be removed.

Despite the fact that there was public unanimous support for Ms. Shannon’s poster, the Killeen ISD school board voted Tuesday night, 6-1 to enforce the ban on a Charlie Brown Christmas poster that references the religious history of Christmas. Only school board president, Terry Delano voted to allow the poster to go back up. The judge’s ruling stated that Ms. Shannon may put up her Christmas poster with the additional wording “Ms. Shannon’s Christmas Message.”

Jonathan Saenz, President of Texas Values and Legal Counsel for Ms. Shannon, stated:

“Nothing says ‘Merry Christmas’ like a court victory for religious freedom in December in public schools. Ms. Shannon is a brave and faithful woman that we are honored to represent. This scenario is exactly why the Merry Christmas law was written- to protect teachers, staff, and students in their expression of the Christmas season. We are so thankful for General Ken Paxton’s support.”

pate

Just Annoyed In/Which General

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URqFeo4OiZg

&

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RueaUf7mdHM

Not by anything specific, generally Shore 'bout something.

Hog

Quote from: pate on December 17, 2016, 02:53:54 AM
Just Annoyed In/Which General

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URqFeo4OiZg

&

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RueaUf7mdHM

Not by anything specific, generally Shore 'bout something.
Just a general dislike of women today Pate?

Danzig was cool in concert.
peace
Hog

Hautex

Heartless, thieving, scum sucking dogs have stolen my bank card info. Thank goodness all my family is dead and I have no one to buy Christmas gifts for. They don't care that, as a disabled veteran on a fixed income, that every penny counts in my life. I pray that they are caught and have to suffer the same indignation and traumas they have caused.... merry fucking Christmas, one and all..... bitter much?

albrecht

Quote from: HAUnted TEXan on December 18, 2016, 11:00:10 AM
Heartless, thieving, scum sucking dogs have stolen my bank card info. Thank goodness all my family is dead and I have no one to buy Christmas gifts for. They don't care that, as a disabled veteran on a fixed income, that every penny counts in my life. I pray that they are caught and have to suffer the same indignation and traumas they have caused.... merry fucking Christmas, one and all..... bitter much?
That sucks. Your bank/credit-union/credit-card doesn't have an fraud protection/insurance? Many of them do though you might have to fill out some forms, sign an affidavit, etc. Also report it to the police (though they won't investigate it.) And, depending on the amount, it could take a few days to be put back into your account. Call them and politely say you dispute the charges, demand copy of the receipts and activity, show them you reported it to the police, etc. Anytime I've done it charges were reversed. One time I made the down-payment a truck on my CC and some employee at the dealership rang up a bunch of charges and restaurants, Home Depot, etc. Cops wouldn't investigate but all charges were reversed. I went to the dealership and was told the employee was fired but they would give me no information on the suspect. But, as an official aside, the owner told me that he put the word out to blacklist him from all the car dealerships- though this coming from a car-dealer so??

Hautex

Quote from: albrecht on December 22, 2016, 06:09:37 PM
That sucks. Your bank/credit-union/credit-card doesn't have an fraud protection/insurance? Many of them do though you might have to fill out some forms, sign an affidavit, etc. Also report it to the police (though they won't investigate it.) And, depending on the amount, it could take a few days to be put back into your account. Call them and politely say you dispute the charges, demand copy of the receipts and activity, show them you reported it to the police, etc. Anytime I've done it charges were reversed. One time I made the down-payment a truck on my CC and some employee at the dealership rang up a bunch of charges and restaurants, Home Depot, etc. Cops wouldn't investigate but all charges were reversed. I went to the dealership and was told the employee was fired but they would give me no information on the suspect. But, as an official aside, the owner told me that he put the word out to blacklist him from all the car dealerships- though this coming from a car-dealer so??
Thank you for your insights, Albrecht and God bless.... The bank just told me that the loss is covered....soon.  The strange thing is that I have been a longtime member of Lifelock. They never informed me of any suspicious activity, which is what I pay them for. I should say, "Former" member of lifelock since their excuses were bullshit. With creditkarma out there for free, they alert the same way lifelock does, (and alerted for free), along with the banks, credit card companies, and cost nothing. Of course creditkarma is there to try and talk you in to getting a new card or 3. Just realize that the interest rate when accepting an offer will be higher than if you went directly to the offering bank. Typical middleman BS. Car dealers have traditionally been slimy and always will be, in my opinion... A necessary evil of the world. Peace to you and yours....

albrecht

Quote from: HAUnted TEXan on December 23, 2016, 06:53:31 AM
  Thank you for your insights, Albrecht and God bless.... The bank just told me that the loss is covered....soon.  The strange thing is that I have been a longtime member of Lifelock. They never informed me of any suspicious activity, which is what I pay them for. I should say, "Former" member of lifelock since their excuses were bullshit. With creditkarma out there for free, they alert the same way lifelock does, (and alerted for free), along with the banks, credit card companies, and cost nothing. Of course creditkarma is there to try and talk you in to getting a new card or 3. Just realize that the interest rate when accepting an offer will be higher than if you went directly to the offering bank. Typical middleman BS. Car dealers have traditionally been slimy and always will be, in my opinion... A necessary evil of the world. Peace to you and yours....
Glad you will get it back. For several decades the banks accept fraud and wouldn't even investigate credit card fraud. Same with the overworked police, unless it was a huge, organized "ring," because they just put the cost of the fraud, and reimbursement to account holders, onto the account holders! So we all are paying for it. European banks for decades have had better security for their cards and accounts (authentification codes, computer dongles, PIN#, smart Chips, etc.) US ones delayed because of claimed "costs" but really because it would involve some work and deciding on proper tech standards plus consumers could cover the fraud. This is changing now though.
Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Hautex

Girls that go WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ciardelo

Quote from: HAUnted TEXan on January 03, 2017, 10:49:17 AM
Girls that go WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Even the ones that take their halter tops off for it?

Hautex

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 03, 2017, 10:51:45 AM
Even the ones that take their halter tops off for it?
Makes it a bit easier to put up with, but they sound like terminally goosed post menstrual maiden aunts....

whoozit

I'm leaving on a business trip tomorrow.  As I have done many times in the past, I went to check-in online.  This time I got through the process Only to have the system say it is unable to process my check-in online, I must see an agent.  I'm convinced it's because of my membership at BellGab.  Thanks MV.

Meister_000

That people don't give a Fuck about the Homeless makes me hold humanity in contempt!

Hautex

I have the nicest, most competent Farmers Ins agents, but need to bitch about the 3rd rate increase in 18 months. While shopping for a different provider, I come across this site http://farmersinsurancegroupsucks.com/ and it looks like there are more issues than I thought. My concern is that I'm on a fixed income, drive less than 5000 miles/year, and have never been in an accident or received a ticket..... wtf, over......

bateman

Honeydew is the iceberg lettuce of fruit.

albrecht

Quote from: batemanâ,,¢ on January 19, 2017, 11:00:15 PM
Honeydew is the iceberg lettuce of fruit.
Teacher's red pen (today:)
Interesting! Nice observation. Elaborate.
Me: do you smother Honeydew with Ranch Dressing and call it a salad?

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: Meister_000 on January 10, 2017, 05:54:36 AM
That people don't give a Fuck about the Homeless makes me hold humanity in contempt!

If you've ever worked with the homeless, you'd know there are many caring people who try to help. Homelessness is a complex problem with challenging to impossible solutions.

For those who find themselves homeless due to circumstances beyond their control; laid off, sick, divorce, etc, there are resources in nearly every community to help them get back on their feet. But for those with personality disorders/mental illness, substance abuse--it's difficult. I've seen social workers find housing for folks who are later kicked out for assaulting someone and/or using drugs, alcohol on the premises. Some simply walk away, actually preferring to live on the streets. You can't force people into homes or shelters against their will.

Jackstar

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on January 20, 2017, 02:32:46 AM
or using drugs, alcohol on the premises

Shock, horror, et cetera. Important stuff.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: Jackstar on January 20, 2017, 02:39:13 AM

Shock, horror, et cetera. Important stuff.

I think you know what I mean. Not chilling with a beer or a blunt, but shitfaced, angry and abusive. Unable to respect the rights of their roommates or neighbors.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on January 20, 2017, 02:46:49 AM
I think you know what I mean. Not chilling with a beer or a blunt, but shitfaced, angry and abusive. Unable to respect the rights of their roommates or neighbors.

You mean the way you don't respect anyone who doesn't think like you?  ???

I can't wait to see your next attempt at utopia.  ;D

Juan

These fucking weather terrorists of TV have been talking for almost six hours straight about threats of a tornado.  They are wearing ball caps and raincoats when reporting live FROM THE NEWSROOM.

aldousburbank

So far we've averaged over an inch of rain a day in January.  :(