• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Calm Seas - Being Fair and Balanced In Art Waters

Started by 11angeleyes11, August 03, 2013, 10:42:39 AM

11angeleyes11

If there is a neutral word about George, will I be cast at sea as sharkbait?  I have been a long-time member and on and off again poster.  I have been reading and following the suspenseful moments, but have not input a lot.  I came across this posting on another forum and thought I would add:

HAVING YOUR COAST AND LISTENING TO ART, TOO

If one were to come across my blog perchance, you would find my last posting to be about the Mayan Calendar end date. Going by the sequence of time, it would appear that in fact that the end to time did happen to by blog, it ended with the Mayan calendar. That is not the case, as I have been working on other writing projects in the genre, and will begin adding content in the near future.

However, there has been an uprising in the cosmos, and that is the return of Art Bell, the creator of Coast To Coast AM. Art Bell will be returning to the microphone on September 16, 2013 with a new nighttime show, “Dark Matters” on Sirius XM Radio.1 The show is scheduled to run from 10:00 p.m. until 1:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time. There will be replays of the show until 6:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time.

For every ying there is a yang. On July 17, 2013, GN, the ten-year plus veteran host of Coast to Coast AM renewed a long-term deal with Premiere Networks. “By renewing my deal with Premiere Networks, I’ll be around when astronauts land on Mars.” said Noory.2

Reading through the forums on-topic about the shows, you get the sense that there is interplanetary warfare, similar to the late-night televisions wars. I offer a different perspective on this situation.

I began my teething listening to the radio in this genre by first listening to Art Bell in fact on vampire fangs. The show was about vampires. After that, I could not wait until Midnight in the Desert.

GN, intensified my interest in ufology, and I remember in 2006 when he discussed a conference in Hopkinsville, Kentucky with his guest. It sounded like fun. I was hooked. Over the years, for the most part, he has provided special listening enjoyment with his expansive coverage in the strange and mysterious.

No, as some would like, this is not going to be a bloody ratings battle. The shows live time coverage does not overlap. They complement themselves. As someone who spends sometimes hours working on the computer, I will now have additional hours of topic enhancement and coverage in the areas I crave and seek out to gain knowledge in. Hopefully, it will also assist me in my writing and blogging. To me, it is audio Christmas in September.

I look forward to listening to both of these hosts, both with differing hosting styles, but with intensive talent.

I can thank the lucky stars in the universe for this audio opportunity. I will enjoy!!!!!!

Sources: 1. www.washingtontimes.com, “Radio’s Art Bell Returning with Sirius XM Show”, by

David Bauer Associated Press, Tuesday, July 13, 2013.

2. www.allacess.com, “GN Renews Long-Term Coast to Coast AM Deal

With Premiere Networks, Wednesday, July 17, 2013.

onan

I think Sirius XM looks at subscriptions. I don't think their concern is amassing a large audience, but rather a paying audience.

Not that I want to disparage Art's new show... but I have been listening to the channel he will be on. And to say it sucks dogs ass is a complement. It is horrible radio. There is no way for Art not to be the shining star on that channel.

I know little about the radio biz. I do have a concern that the "sewage lake of radio" Art will be floating in may well be too much to overcome.

I have too much contempt for Dave to give him any benefit of the doubt. I find I dislike him more as the stories of him continue. He is a dolt. He ruins conversations. He takes even interesting topics and makes them boring. In all honesty, I can see no reason to listen except someone can't tolerate to be alone with their own thoughts.

SaucyRossy

Art is the best pure radio host Sirius has. Bar none.

Howard Stern is good and talented for what he does but he has a HUGE cast of characters around him.

No one can touch Art, the only other host I would say is on his level is Rush and I am not a fan of his but I respect his talent

onan

Quote from: SaucyRossy on August 03, 2013, 12:16:21 PM
Art is the best pure radio host Sirius has. Bar none.

Howard Stern is good and talented for what he does but he has a HUGE cast of characters around him.

No one can touch Art, the only other host I would say is on his level is Rush and I am not a fan of his but I respect his talent

Agreed, I don't think people outside this forum realize how talented Art is. I am not sure I did when I first typed "god noory sucks" into my search engine. It would be great for Art to have the notoriety that Rush, Stern, and Imus have. If not that then a fat paycheck.

SaucyRossy

Art has a huge amount of respect from all of his peers and the entire industry. Rush hugely respects him (i know this first hand from asking him once) and used to listen to the show everyonce and awhile.

stevesh

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on August 03, 2013, 10:42:39 AM

I look forward to listening to both of these hosts, both with differing hosting styles, but with intensive talent.

I appreciate your ecumenical approach, and I agree that there will still be guests appearing on C2C who are worth listening to and who may not appear with Art, but the contention that Noory has any talent for anything, intensive or otherwise, can't be reasonably defended. You may enjoy listening to him, but you can't rationally describe him as 'talented' in any way.

Juan

I think it's fair to say that sNoory has a talent for corporate ass-kissing.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: UFO Fill on August 04, 2013, 08:15:23 AM

Maybe he has photos of *them* kissing asses (hee-haw). It sure would explain things.

ItsOver

Quote from: UFO Fill on August 04, 2013, 08:15:23 AM

Jorch "gets that."