• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

How many special lines were there and which was the Best?

Started by henge0stone, February 14, 2015, 11:41:44 AM

henge0stone

Area 51 line
Men in Black line
Alien Immortal line
Witch line
time traveler line
talking animal line

Talking animal was the worst I think. Area 51 best.

jazmunda

Clinically dead line
Perfectly possessed line
Anti Christ line
He also had a night of Ladies Room lines where Art found out what really goes on in them.

wr250

Quote from: jazmunda on February 14, 2015, 02:21:53 PM
Clinically dead line
Perfectly possessed line
Anti Christ line
He also had a night of Ladies Room lines where Art found out what really goes on in them.

and in noory's case ,lines of tooomeric , with pizza rolls as the main courshe.

AZZERAE

The weird person line where the dude said he ate rocks.

henge0stone

Abduction line was the best so far, Really creepy stories.

AZZERAE

There was an evening of Open Lines in which Art was considering installing Windows 95.

Even though on the face of it this may sound silly, it was a brilliant show!

albrecht

vampire open lines

One of the best things, however, was when he hung up on someone who violated the "line" rules. Whether calling too often, calling on the wrong line, calling on a "dedicated" line but for another subject, etc.

albrecht

there was also a dedicated special line for "is the Seattle Space-Needle really painted like the Wheel-Of-Fortune" once. (And apparently it was.)

Ubik

Quote from: albrecht on March 04, 2015, 07:32:19 PM
vampire open lines

One of the best things, however, was when he hung up on someone who violated the "line" rules. Whether calling too often, calling on the wrong line, calling on a "dedicated" line but for another subject, etc.

haha, yes I had to laugh when he did that on a show I was listening to recently.

"wait, you're not east of the Rockies, goodbye"

Art hangs up.. lol

Time Traveler. I recognized one caller who was essentially using the old roleplaying game GURPS Time Travel book as the basis for his story. And he did a great job. 

Area 51: The ones who sounded like actual employees (what color is the door) with the guy who called all panicked and on the run. Great stuff.

Heather Wade

Paranoid People line was my all time favorite.  Would be even better now.

albrecht

Quote from: (Redacted) on May 23, 2015, 06:46:28 PM
Paranoid People line was my all time favorite.  Would be even better now.
Oh, indeed. Certainly so. Though there were still a lot back then but now it could be a day-time show and get calls on that line!

Heather Wade

Quote from: albrecht on May 23, 2015, 07:03:36 PM
Oh, indeed. Certainly so. Though there were still a lot back then but now it could be a day-time show and get calls on that line!

Would be radio gold.

albrecht

Quote from: (Redacted) on May 23, 2015, 07:09:28 PM
Would be radio gold.
Thing is. I'm halfway serious actually considering history (recall old stories, or just movies, of NAZIs and commies DXing finding your broadcasting unit, much more ECHELON, Bill Binney, Snowden, revelations etc IF you are paranoid would you call into a show? Especially now with streaming and cellphones and instant tracking? That is why I liked Bill, RIP crazy as he was, and Alex, crazy as he is, being on SW also (and now ART soon!) You can listen without the guvmint knowing what you are listening too and where you are. Especially since my region is listed explicitly as "hostile" under Jade Helm 15 ;), which coincidentally is when Art is going to start his new show. Coincidence? Thankfully we have the SW option and I have a few burner cell phones stored in pvc pipes with desiccant waiting. My point is paranoia presupposes not calling, or calling en extremis (which would make good calls!) ;)

henge0stone

Just heard the 'Entity Attack' line and my god what a frighteningly good show! It was better than any of the Ghost to Ghosts!

The General

Just listened last night to the "witch" open lines episode where we heard Dr. Evelyn Paglini for the first time.  Art was asking for a "bonafide, broom-riding, spell casting witch" to call in.  She did.

Morgus

Quote from: The General on June 01, 2015, 03:24:09 PM
Just listened last night to the "witch" open lines episode where we heard Dr. Evelyn Paglini for the first time.  Art was asking for a "bonafide, broom-riding, spell casting witch" to call in.  She did.
Now that Evelyn Paglini has passed away, Art when he returns should open the witch line again to find another one.