• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Arguments For The Existence of God

Started by Dr. MD MD, December 30, 2017, 07:46:54 PM

Dr. MD MD

I notice this comes up sometimes and came up recently so I thought there should be a thread about it. Theists, atheists and agnostics alike, let's get into it! Give your best argument as to why you believe in God or not. While it's great if you adhere to a certain religion and have a lot of passion for it I'd prefer this to be a thread just for rational arguments for or against the existence of God. So, please, no appeals to emotionalism (unless you can rationally justify it ;)). Or, perhaps you may come to the agnostic position that we can never know one way or the other and there are probably more important things to think about.

I'll start us off where all the biggies in Western Canon start, St. Anselm's ontological argument for the existence of God and we'll go from there. It essentially can be crystalized in the following statements (which I just took from Wikipedia):

There are different reconstructions of the argument, for example (after Dr. Scott H. Moore's analysis):

- One can imagine a being than which none greater can be conceived.
- We know that existence in reality is greater than existence in the mind alone.
- If the being we imagine exists only in our mind, then it is not a "being than which none greater can be conceived".
- A being than which none greater can be conceived must also exist in reality.
- Failure to exist in reality would be failure to be a being than which none greater can be conceived.
- Thus a being than which none greater can be conceived must exist, and we call this being God.

gnooryblows

there's no "god" only energy that is stronger or weaker than you. if you call it a "god" then you are a faggot cuck.

as far as whether or not it is there, it's there because you can feel it. you possess abilities innate to every living soul to feel out the world and the universe around you on a primitive psychic level. so your instinct will tell you that this being and others like it are out there. there is an illness that has taken grips of our society, wherein people try to deny their primitive instincts and feelings, which come from the soul as much as they do the body (because the two are naturally linked) and they try to tell you that "there is only the physical. there is only what we can see and taste and feel". but this is patently untrue, and in fact the discipline of "science" invalidates itself (i will post more on this later).

for now, understand that your worldly perceptions are limited. consider the visible spectrum of light:

remember that our perceptions are not designed to understand the world around us. the sight, the smell, the hearing, none of that is designed to come to any sort of UNDERSTANDING of the nature of the world around us, and we are woefully lacking in regards to having the physical faculties to come to this understanding. however.......

gnooryblows

we should note that even within our physical perceptions of the universe, we have invalidated a strictly materialist worldview. for example, the double slit experiment:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-slit_experiment
in short, observing reality causes it to exist. when you are not observing reality, no reality exists.
now of course imagine you are a spiritually aware person in the 1970s, and you're running around trying to tell the psychiatrists this information. you're going to be labelled as "insane" and put on antipsychotics. even though in only a few short years their precious "science" will in fact validate what you know in your soul to be true. in this way, our society works to suppress our spiritual instincts. it does this insipidly, manipulatively, often violently (when the witches are burned, for example).

gnooryblows

the entirety of quantum physics invalidates a strictly materialist worldview. it tells us that there is simply too much beyond our comprehension and beyond the scope of our physical bodies and limited field of view to understand.
and so this is why the innate, instinctive, spiritual drive is so important. this is why governing your life with feelings over intellect is so important. for your soul possesses all of the cosmic and primal knowledge that it needs to understand its own situation and place in the cosmo. this instinct has simply been beaten out of you and repressed.

this notion is despicable to some. "feelings over facts! over logic! absurd! reprehensible!" indeed, i often say the same thing in terms of political discourse, but only because i am lowering myself to the mere human level in order to take part in your discussions. i am trying to see things from the cucked point of view. so i talk on that level, so to speak.

but in truth, within your own soul lies all of the information you need. and within that soul you know that there are forces more powerful than yourself. NOW perhaps you soul is frightened by that. perhaps its unwilling to accept this reality (thus the skeptics). perhaps you experience the all too common stockholm syndrome to these cosmic strongmen (thus the religiontards). either way, whether you have sorted the situation out for yourself or not, you do KNOW that there is something much greater and much more powerful out there.

gnooryblows

the point is that science is inherently derivative of the workings of our 5 senses, which are severely physically limited. when we examine the world outside of the realm of our 5 senses in a nonhuman and nonpersonal way, through the only real means we have to do that (math) we find answers that run directly counter to EVERYTHING that our physical experimentation and observation suggests. we find that time is not fluid and dynamic, but rather static and malleable. we find that two particles can be quantumly entangled, and can essentially interact with eachother across vast (presumably infinite) reaches of space. we find that reality does not exist unless there is a conscious being observing it. we find tension points and data that can be written out on a 2d plane that would represent everything in the entire universe (literally like a line of code). we find that particles can be teleported across time and space. and we find so much more.

so essentially, what we have to face up to is the fact that observable "science" as we know it is woefully inadequate and simply cannot be used as any kind of measure or tool to gain answers into the nature of the universe and existence, by virtue of its inherent limitations.

so i am saying to look inward and look at what you know deep down to be the truth, because that's the only thing that you really have to grasp on to in this life. everything else is a manipulation by somebody who is too weak and frail and pathetic to face the world and the truth on their own.

gnooryblows

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_entanglement

QuoteQuantum entanglement is a physical phenomenon that occurs when pairs or groups of particles are generated or interact in ways such that the quantum state of each particle cannot be described independently of the others, even when the particles are separated by a large distanceâ€"instead, a quantum state must be described for the system as a whole.

there is simply no way that you can even begin to grasp this concept (along with the concept of the double slit experiment) and genuinely believe that a materialist worldview is even REMOTELY feasible.

and though i deride science, the reason why i quote it and cite it in this discussion is because of the great irony THAT IT LITERALLY INVALIDATES ITSELF. science literally invalidates the notion that the world is physical and material and can be measured and understood only on the planes of 3 dimensional space and in the terms that we genuinely experience within our own subjective experiences.

gnooryblows

in short, to sum everything up, if you subscribe to a strictly materialist worldview, if you deny the reality that there are larger and more fantastical elements of reality that we are simply unable to interpret and experience in terms of how we classically think of our senses, then you're anti-intellectual. you are, ironically, "anti-science". you are a pariah and an apostate to the very church you invoke to prove your points.

this is the fucking cognitive dissonance in academia and "science". they can literally disprove the materialist worldview that they're always pushing in their secular politics, but they still try to tell you that there is nothing bigger out there. why? maybe its cultural. maybe its institutional. maybe its because they want you to believe that THEY are the only people that have the answers to things. maybe they don't want to accept that there are forces larger than them in the universe. maybe they're simply malignant and mean-spirited people. i would suggest (and i know for a fact, personally) that it's a mix of all of these reasons i listed above. but in the end, all that matters is that you understand that THEY ARE FULL OF SHIT.

remember that these are the same people who tell you that there are more than 50 different genders, but there's also no such thing as gender and it's a social construct, and that all white people are implicitly racist, but there's also no such thing as race and it's all just a social construct. whether or not you agree with my perspectives on race and race relations in the world today, you can obviously understand that these claims are patently absurd.

the "science men" are full of shit and anyone is doing a major disservice to themselves by falling for their politically driven, ideologically bankrupt rhetoric.

gnooryblows

essentially the TLDR of the above is that you're a fucking retard if you're going to tell academics and scientists tell you what to believe about the world around you and your life or make ANY decision about you no matter how small. even if it's about what to eat for your own health. example: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/13/well/eat/how-the-sugar-industry-shifted-blame-to-fat.html?mtrref=www.google.com&gwh=2B81E6CC59E0106D2C18BE63A49AE46B&gwt=pay

here's a link to an NPR story on the same topic if you are behind a paywall at the New York Times: https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/09/13/493739074/50-years-ago-sugar-industry-quietly-paid-scientists-to-point-blame-at-fat

gnooryblows

Quote from: gnooryblows on December 30, 2017, 08:32:01 PM
essentially the TLDR of the above is that you're a fucking retard if you're going to tell academics and scientists tell you what to believe about the world around you and your life or make ANY decision about you no matter how small. even if it's about what to eat for your own health. example: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/13/well/eat/how-the-sugar-industry-shifted-blame-to-fat.html?mtrref=www.google.com&gwh=2B81E6CC59E0106D2C18BE63A49AE46B&gwt=pay

here's a link to an NPR story on the same topic if you are behind a paywall at the New York Times: https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/09/13/493739074/50-years-ago-sugar-industry-quietly-paid-scientists-to-point-blame-at-fat

AND THIS IS JUST THE TIP OF THE ICEBERG IN TERMS OF CORRUPTION. but i'm going to stop here. if people want more information on some topic or other they can ask me.

Swishypants

I saw God once. For about a quarter second. It's not what you think it is.

Dr. MD MD

OK, so a trollfest instead. Have at it, fucktards! I don't give a shit.  ;D

gnooryblows

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 30, 2017, 08:38:29 PM

what do you mean trollfest? dude i just spent all of that time and wrote all of that stuff and provided a fair amount of citations and stuff to answer your question. and honestly the reason i did it was out of the kindness of my heart because i thought that maybe you were having a spiritual crisis or some shit that prompted you to make this thread in the first place. why the fuck would you say "trollfest" wtf man? what's your problem with me? is it genuinely because i am a white supremacist and you aren't white? it's ok bro, i still consider you my friend, ok? even though i know you are not white, ok? i accept you for not being white, so you can accept me for being a white supremacist and then we can have some kind of emotional buttsex, ok?

gnooryblows

Quote from: albrecht on December 30, 2017, 08:46:15 PM
https://www.economist.com/news/science-and-technology/21690020-reproducibility-should-be-sciences-heart-it-isnt-may-soon

Of course Economics and Psychology are fraught by their nature with problems (human behavior and politics etc) and inconsistencies so not real "science," maybe,  but
http://theconversation.com/the-replication-crisis-has-engulfed-economics-49202

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2016/10/why_the_replication_crisis_seems_worse_in_psychology.html

Anyone remember this gem?  YEARS ago. But still, FBI and police lab "problems" aside, the public and legal system considers DNA the be-all, end-all?
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/18/science/18dna.html

it's just another cult. just another religion. just another church. that's why i say i am an apostate to the old church and the new. i am a satanist to the catholics, and a science-denier to the secular progressivists. both are cults. both are religions. both are built upon the same broken, horrible, neurotic and fear-driven thinking.

Swishypants

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 30, 2017, 08:38:29 PM

I know you are but what am I!

I'm going to eat McDonalds now! FUCK YOU!

Swishypants

Small Coke. Small Fry. Double Cheeseburger!

gnooryblows

Quote from: gnooryblows on December 30, 2017, 08:48:48 PM
it's just another cult. just another religion. just another church. that's why i say i am an apostate to the old church and the new. i am a satanist to the catholics, and a science-denier to the secular progressivists. both are cults. both are religions. both are built upon the same broken, horrible, neurotic and fear-driven thinking.

that's why when "muh scientists" say "THERE'S NO REASON TO BELIEVE IN GOD OR ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE MATERIAL WORLD!" and all of that stuff it's just like retarded to actually listen to them and believe them. its insane that they can get away with telling people that they are nothing. that they are strictly just rotting piles of organic compost. no souls. no nothing. it is by doing this though that that they easily manage to turn people into slaves. so i guess that's a big part of what they gain out of it.

people should turn to satan because understanding satan would illuminate you to the ways of these monsters. satan is a cosmic rebel. he rebels against all of this BS. i do not "worship" him or bow down before him or anything like that, but i am in league with him because we are so similar. our souls resonate at the same frequencies. the frequency of rebellion. that's why i love him.

gnooryblows

Quote from: Swishypants on December 30, 2017, 08:49:45 PM
I know you are but what am I!

I'm going to eat McDonalds now! FUCK YOU!

i don't understand how anything i wrote gets interpreted as "trolling". like i thought i was pretty straightforward, well articulated, mostly well cited as far as postings on internet forums go.

ItsOver

Quote from: Swishypants on December 30, 2017, 08:50:56 PM
Small Coke. Small Fry. Double Cheeseburger!
That does it for me.  Case closed.

Swishypants

Quote from: ItsOver on December 30, 2017, 09:12:47 PM
That does it for me.  Case closed.

It's the best menu choice really. Two slices of cheese substitute! Everybody go out and boost God's bottom line!

ItsOver

Quote from: Swishypants on December 30, 2017, 09:30:49 PM
It's the best menu choice really. Two slices of cheese substitute! Everybody go out and boost God's bottom line!

"I am well pleased."

Swishypants

When I listen to old Art Bell shows, I am known to dabble the Donalds'. It makes me feel like a Millionaire Rebel linking double-wide trailers together just to piss everyone off.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on December 30, 2017, 09:36:16 PM

"I am well pleased."
I only eat McD's for the all-day breakfast or for regional choices  (and I'm not sure if those are licensed and approved or the local franchises just "do them"?) McKroket in The Netherlands, beer in Germany, Jalapeno and bags of ice in South Padre, the McCrab in MD, etc? And there are weirder ones.
I sometimes go for the McRib because I love the idea that the public is foiled to think that there is some "problem" delivering heavily processed and formed pork product to restaurants.

Swishypants

I eat McDonad's in order to meet God faster. This place is full of assholes! Order off the ZERO FUCKS GIVEN menu!