• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Reported Mass Shooting at Texas Baptist Church

Started by Dr. MD MD, November 05, 2017, 01:13:47 PM

starrmtn001

starrmtn001

I fear there will be more such events to try to distract our focus from the Uranium One scandal.

Art_s Farts

Damn. That church is about 15 miles from my house. I pass by all the time when going into San Antonio.

Gd5150

Another matter targeting conservatives. At least the 3rd this year. When will the MSM demand Demokkkrats denounce this crap? To tell their murderous followers to cut the crap?  We already know which inanimate object they’ll blame, how long til they blame church too? Idiots. Darn lone wolfs. 🙄

albrecht

Shouldn't things like this awful event be posted in "politics" thread, which is not moderated? Fox is really Foxifying this tragic event. I also don't like that the shooter was killed. Normally I like it when criminals are taken out because it saves the tax-payer money and certain justice is ensured, but in cases like this I want them alive so we can get motivation, if any other co-conspirators, figure out motivation better, and get him/them real punishment of serving life in a fuck-you-in-the-ass prison without air conditioning and guards who look the other way when prison "justice" is administered.

Waiting on this press conference and details on the shooter. Something about posting on FB before hand?

albrecht

Devon Patrick Kelley of New Braunfels allegedly was the murderer. Press conference didn't go into many details and didn't even name him. Seems like a loser and had some odd FB stuff. Posting of weapons and quotes about being dead from Twain and some curious links/likes. Was court martialed and dishonorably discharged from the Air Force. Also his mother-in-law was registered to a P.O. Box in Sutherland. So some connection to that town? He once taught VBS one summer but also "liked" atheist pages and had some link to a psychic- who had a "free reading" today but her site is so slow so not sure if she predicted anything cause it won't totally load. Anniversary of Ft.Hood workplace violence and intifada also promised action this weekend but it is looking like more of a crazy or domestic/grudge terrorism? But who knows at this point?
https://heavy.com/news/2017/11/devin-kelley-p-sutherland-springs-church-shooter-patrick-kelly/

Horrible stuff. The Pastor was away but among the victims was his 14 year old daughter and so many killed and wounded.

Juan

So (ha) an armed citizen, probably an evil NRA member, engaged the shooter, who dropped his weapon and ran away.

albrecht

Quote from: Juan on November 05, 2017, 06:11:48 PM
So (ha) an armed citizen, probably an evil NRA member, engaged the shooter, who dropped his weapon and ran away.
https://news.grabien.com/story-texas-dept-public-safety-armed-citizen-engaged-killer-ending
"As he exited the church, a local resident grabbed his rifle and engaged that suspect. The suspect dropped his rifle, which was a Ruger AR assault-type rifle and fled from the church."

Though, in a way, I would rather the loser be caught alive to serve some real hard-time I also like it when criminals are done away with promptly by justice done quickly. Hopefully, like the Tower Shooting rumors, the police will provide cover for the good citizen because these days lawsuits, 'activists,' the press harassment etc even when you did a good thing by taking out the bad guy.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on November 05, 2017, 06:33:21 PM
https://news.grabien.com/story-texas-dept-public-safety-armed-citizen-engaged-killer-ending
"As he exited the church, a local resident grabbed his rifle and engaged that suspect. The suspect dropped his rifle, which was a Ruger AR assault-type rifle and fled from the church."

Though, in a way, I would rather the loser be caught alive to serve some real hard-time I also like it when criminals are done away with promptly by justice done quickly. Hopefully, like the Tower Shooting rumors, the police will provide cover for the good citizen because these days lawsuits, 'activists,' the press harassment etc even when you did a good thing by taking out the bad guy.

Are guns prohibited in churches in Texas?

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 05, 2017, 06:53:48 PM
Are guns prohibited in churches in Texas?
It is up to the church- as on 2016 "open carry" also not just concealed. (Like other places you must place a sign, English and Spanish, saying that weapons aren't allowed if you don't want them. Section 30.06.) Honestly, it might get convoluted with regard to churches that also have daycares or schools in same building, so I would need to look up the details. (I'm not a lawyer and not providing legal advice.)

Gd5150

Quote from: albrecht on November 05, 2017, 05:11:43 PM
Shouldn't things like this awful event be posted in "politics" thread, which is not moderated? Fox is really Foxifying this tragic event. I also don't like that the shooter was killed. Normally I like it when criminals are taken out because it saves the tax-payer money and certain justice is ensured, but in cases like this I want them alive so we can get motivation, if any other co-conspirators, figure out motivation better, and get him/them real punishment of serving life in a fuck-you-in-the-ass prison without air conditioning and guards who look the other way when prison "justice" is administered.

Waiting on this press conference and details on the shooter. Something about posting on FB before hand?
Glad the sack of shit is dead. Whenever these things happen I wonder which bellgab members haven’t logged in. Just sayin

Maybe we should have “roll call” after “matters” if this nature.

=Schlyder=

People who have gotten a Dishonorable Discharge are prohibited from owning/possessing firearms.  So he was not legal to have the gun in the first place. 
WE NEED MORE GUN LAWS THAT CRIMINALS WILL IGNORE.  That will work , won't it?

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on November 05, 2017, 07:13:15 PM
It is up to the church- as on 2016 "open carry" also not just concealed. (Like other places you must place a sign, English and Spanish, saying that weapons aren't allowed if you don't want them. Section 30.06.) Honestly, it might get convoluted with regard to churches that also have daycares or schools in same building, so I would need to look up the details. (I'm not a lawyer and not providing legal advice.)
Isn't that just for handguns in Texas?
This is from 2014, concerning long rifles in Texas.
http://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/2014/jun/05/mike-hashimoto/texas-law-effectively-permits-long-rifles-be-toted/

I don't know if the open carry of handgun stuff affected the situation for rifles.  It used to be you could technically carry rifles, in a non-threatening manner, just about anywhere in Texas.  Of course, not on Fed properties in Texas, though.

albrecht

Quote from: Gd5150 on November 05, 2017, 07:14:55 PM
Glad the sack of shit is dead. Whenever these things happen I wonder which bellgab members haven’t logged in. Just sayin

Maybe we should have “roll call” after “matters” if this nature.
Or ex-members? Yeah, I get the goodness of the SOB being killed but a part of me likes to see more punishment here, in this world. A pasty geek loser like him, doing something like that, would not have a fun time in a Texas prison. We aren't like Norway where such killers get suites, video games, protection, etc.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on November 05, 2017, 07:28:12 PM
Isn't that just for handguns in Texas?
This is from 2014, concerning long rifles in Texas.
http://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/2014/jun/05/mike-hashimoto/texas-law-effectively-permits-long-rifles-be-toted/

I don't know if the open carry of handgun stuff affected the situation for rifles.  It used to be you could technically carry rifles, in a non-threatening manner, just about anywhere in Texas.  Of course, not on Fed properties in Texas, though.

Yeah "long guns" allowed, not concealed, everywhere but not practiced (until recently) that much except say in rural areas during season etc. Private property provisions allow owner to not allow weapons but the code is precise about signage needed etc.
I think, until recent legislation allowed more, Big Bend was one of the few National Parks where you could carry (near Ol' Mex and pretty remote and anytime I went we brought guns. Weren't allowed to hunt but for self-defense.)

ItsOver

Quote from: =Schlyder= on November 05, 2017, 07:16:47 PM
People who have gotten a Dishonorable Discharge are prohibited from owning/possessing firearms.  So he was not legal to have the gun in the first place. 
WE NEED MORE GUN LAWS THAT CRIMINALS WILL IGNORE.  That will work , won't it?
That's one thing that always gets me with the shyster politicians.  We already have millions of lines of Federal Code, which are ignored by the determined criminal and also the government, at times.  Crap, just look at the immigration situation.  They won't even use the term "illegal immigrant." ::)  But, yeah, let's pass even more laws which can either be ignored or enforced, when it suits their convenience.  Freaking lawyers should be banned from most political offices as a conflict of interest.

Gd5150

Curious where the dishonorable discharge info came from. Doesn’t seem to be confirmed.

Norm

NORM RANT MODE /ON

What this story needs is more media coverage that keeps repeating it over and over and over. You want to blame somebody? Blame the media and their 'in your face' news coverage. Every tiny dicked wannabe is masterbating like mad thinking they too could be famous on TV!

Today's shooting mechanism that went off in Devin Kelly's twisted brain was all the glitzy coverage from the Las Vegas killer's show.

As long as we keep providing INSTANT reporting with 'LIVE TEAM COVERAGE'  this ain't gonna stop because as we all know it's all about ratings and ratings = PROFIT$

NORM RANT MODE /OFF

albrecht

Quote from: Gd5150 on November 05, 2017, 07:59:03 PM
Curious where the dishonorable discharge info came from. Doesn’t seem to be confirmed.
Guy at NBC was source I saw but twitter etc so I'm sure "narratives" will change especially in a horrible situation like this and news folks want to be "first," regardless of veracity or confirmation of details.

damon

With all of the wild and crazy stuff in the world today. Here is a video that I uploaded to help everyone to relax. Please enjoy the video.

https://youtu.be/J4nFzElGE8k

albrecht

Quote from: Gd5150 on November 05, 2017, 08:54:00 PM
No idea if this is legit, it was on FB.

The article does say CBS reported he was dishonorably discharged.

http://www.smobserved.com/story/2017/11/05/news/islamic-convert-is-shooter-in-church-shooting-in-sutherland-texas-he-left-online-manifesto/3188.html
Same "Muslim name" in other shootings. Likely "fake news" or internet rumor. I'm counting anything out but the article seems very suspicious and lacking in details. But so are official news agencies as "developing story" and they want to be "first." CNN, for example, down playing the official DPS account about how a random armed citizen stopped the attack and chased the loser down (and might've shot him.)