• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Star Trek Continues

Started by Dr. MD MD, April 06, 2017, 02:22:25 AM

Dr. MD MD

It's about time this awesome series had it's own thread! Here's the latest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQeO5uuUbH4

Live long and yada yada.   ;) :P

Jackstar

What happened to the ablative armor technology that Future Janeway brought back to the contemporary timeline at the end of Star Trek: Voyager?

Show your work. Also, nude pictures of Future Janeway--Bea Arthur is done.

ShayP

Never watched it.  Don't care.  I hate the over-saturation and reinventing of established and cherished franchises.  It feeds the internet and cosplay I guess. Because that's what we need.  ::)

Sorry. I'm grumpy.  :P

Jackstar

Quote from: ShayP on April 06, 2017, 01:44:43 PM
Never watched it.  Don't care.

It's a fictional narrative. You're not supposed to care.

ShayP

Quote from: Jackstar on April 06, 2017, 01:48:10 PM

It's a fictional narrative. You're not supposed to care.

Many do apparently;)

Jackstar

Quote from: ShayP on April 06, 2017, 01:51:20 PM
Many do apparently;)

yeah and so? Let's focus on why we're here.

ShayP

Quote from: Jackstar on April 06, 2017, 01:53:00 PM

yeah and so? Let's focus on why we're here.

Understood and appreciated.  :)

Jackstar

Quote from: Jackstar on April 06, 2017, 01:14:00 PM
What happened to the ablative armor technology that Future Janeway brought back to the contemporary timeline at the end of Star Trek: Voyager?

Look, I get that the "real" answer is, "the franchise owners decided to just reboot the whole fucken thing" but if I wanted "real answers" I'd be asking a stalker.

Jackstar

Also, I get that this thread started out being about some entirely other Star Trek spinoff, but I've only got one thing on my mind these days.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Kathryn_Janeway

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Kathryn_Janeway

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathryn_Janeway

Janeway is the best way.

Morgus

This latest episode (#8) of Star Trek Continues that came out last weekend, is a sequel to the original episode "The Tholian Web"

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ShayP on April 06, 2017, 01:44:43 PM
Never watched it.  Don't care.  I hate the over-saturation and reinventing of established and cherished franchises.  It feeds the internet and cosplay I guess. Because that's what we need.  ::)

Sorry. I'm grumpy.  :P

Whatever. Your loss.  ::)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ShayP on April 06, 2017, 03:32:25 PM
hater.

;D ;)

Just to be clear though it's NOT a reinvention. These are hardcore fans who work in Hollywood. They've made it their mission to complete the other 2 years of the Enterprises' 5 year journey (they were cancelled after 3). The episodes are free and really nail the spirit and content of the original. I'm down with them completing their mission.  ;)

ShayP

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 06, 2017, 03:42:24 PM
Just to be clear though it's NOT a reinvention. These are hardcore fans who work in Hollywood. They've made it their mission to complete the other 2 years of the Enterprises' 5 year journey (they were cancelled after 3). The episodes are free and really nail the spirit and content of the original. I'm down with them completing their mission.  ;)

I guess I should check it out.  Nonetheless, didn't Hoagie interview the lead guy in the show?  I'm pretty sure it was him or Syrett on C2C...shit, maybe Heather.  :o  Can't remember.  I do recall hearing it though.  Look man...I said I was grumpy.  ;)

Morgus

Quote from: ShayP on April 06, 2017, 03:49:41 PM
I guess I should check it out.  Nonetheless, didn't Hoagie interview the lead guy in the show?  I'm pretty sure it was him or Syrett on C2C...shit, maybe Heather.  :o  Can't remember.  I do recall hearing it though.  Look man...I said I was grumpy.  ;)
Yep, Hoagie interviewed Vic who plays Capt Kirk and runs the production behind the scenes as well.

ShayP

Quote from: Morgus on April 06, 2017, 03:56:26 PM
Yep, Hoagie interviewed Vic who plays Capt Kirk and runs the production behind the scenes as well.

Ah YES!  Thank you Morgus!  :)

Morgus

They did an episode that was a sequel to the classic original Trek episode "Mirror, Mirror"
Star Trek Continues, also features Jimmy Doohan's son, Chris Doohan playing "Scotty" - his father was the original!

Ciardelo

Quote from: Morgus on April 06, 2017, 08:12:11 PM

They did an episode that was a sequel to the classic original Trek episode "Mirror, Mirror"
Star Trek Continues, also features Jimmy Doohan's son, Chris Doohan playing "Scotty" - his father was the original!

Engineers, Doctors, Lawyers...professionals seem to run in families, yes?  ;)

zeebo

Just to be clear though it's NOT a reinvention. These are hardcore fans who work in Hollywood. They've made it their mission to complete the other 2 years of the Enterprises' 5 year journey (they were cancelled after 3)....

I haven't watched it yet, but this is what makes it sound promising.  I shall energize myself to bring it up on my tricorder.

Jackstar

Quote from: Ciardelo on April 06, 2017, 11:45:28 PM
professionals seem to run in families

Blood is thicker than thieves.

comaphobe

I have only seen the Lolani episode, but plan to check out some more episodes soon. I thought it was well done for being confined within production perimeters which they had to work. I thought they did a great job with the bridge props and sounds. To me it doesn't even feel like they are milking the nostalgia, and it doesn't come across as a tribute either. It's like an actual piece of work.

Star Trek Continues is more interesting to me than any recent/current official $tar Trek production.

Jackstar

Quote from: Ciardelo on April 08, 2017, 12:18:34 AM
+1

My candle's burning at both ends.
It will not last the night. But
Oh my foes, and
Ah my friends.
It sheds a lovely light.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: comaphobe on April 08, 2017, 12:37:54 AM
I have only seen the Lolani episode, but plan to check out some more episodes soon. I thought it was well done for being confined within production perimeters which they had to work. I thought they did a great job with the bridge props and sounds. To me it doesn't even feel like they are milking the nostalgia, and it doesn't come across as a tribute either. It's like an actual piece of work.

Star Trek Continues is more interesting to me than any recent/current official $tar Trek production.

Couldn't have said it better myself. The name is apt because it really is just like they picked up where they left off; and the acting is so good (true to the original) that I feel like I'm watching TOS.

Jackstar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 08, 2017, 12:43:28 AM
the acting is so good (true to the original) that I feel like I'm watching TOS.

I know I haven't made it clear--that kind of duty is beyond my pay grade--but my relentless (alleged) off-topic posting in this thread is in fact intended as a marketing gambit.

A particularly loathsome one, to be sure, yet, nevertheless.