• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Will There Be An Alternative To The Google/YouTube Empire?

Started by Dr. MD MD, March 26, 2017, 02:05:21 PM

Dr. MD MD

Once again, it seems that what we took for granted as our social media tools are actually being turned against us, not just to monitor us but to censor and control the very content of what we can share with each other now. I hate the people who are doing this and want an alternative...but will there be one? And even if some independent-minded individuals create this what's to stop the incredibly rich, Leviathan monster from just buying it up and starting over? They keep trying to corral us and we keep trying to break out. Cat and mouse forever? Ideas?

albrecht

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 26, 2017, 02:05:21 PM
Once again, it seems that what we took for granted as our social media tools are actually being turned against us, not just to monitor us but to censor and control the very content of what we can share with each other now. I hate the people who are doing this and want an alternative...but will there be one? And even if some independent-minded individuals create this what's to stop the incredibly rich, Leviathan monster from just buying it up and starting over? They keep trying to corral us and we keep trying to break out. Cat and mouse forever? Ideas?
The internet, especially the googles/youtubes/facebooks are in keeping with "give them enough rope to hang themselves" type of thing. Who knows? The US is, about, the only country where free speech is considered a right and, excepting some circumstances, actually is allowed. But private companies can do what they wish so the idea is: steer the people to think speech and commerce must be online via social media or youtube, they censor (as is their right to do so,) and "problem" solved because in addition to censoring those platforms can be used to bully people into group thinking or into accepting whatever weirdness or politics is now deemed "normal," lest one gets "left out" or etc. And, worse, depending on country use the internet to find dissenters and "crack-down." But who knows? There are these weird chans (not Charlie but boards) and I seem to recall MV starting some kind of Bellgab Twitter-type thing. So it could be that free speech will reign and those that censor will die off? Who knows.