• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Soundtracks

Started by Dr. MD MD, January 06, 2017, 01:38:17 AM

Dr. MD MD

I'm in a soundtrack kinda mood these days. The Stranger Things theme song set me off because it reminded me of Tangerine Dream. I've been reviewing the TV show Amazing Stories the past couple months and I love the soundtrack. The main theme is very dreamily hopeful. I wish I could find it but no luck so far. I noticed it said Pat Metheny for the music credit. I know him mostly for his jazz fusion guitar playing but this was orchestral music. I wonder if it's the same guy? Anyway, I plan on compiling a sort of best of soundtrack music CD and would love suggestions for what you think is great soundtrack music. It doesn't have to be exclusively from movies and TV though. Some are really into video game soundtracks too. Hit me with your best shot. Fire away!  ;)

akwilly

The movie Midnight Special had really cool moody music throughout. As far as a movie with a great soundtrack with actual songs I would suggest Escape from LA

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: akwilly on January 06, 2017, 01:43:30 AM
The movie Midnight Special had really cool moody music throughout. As far as a movie with a great soundtrack with actual songs I would suggest Escape from LA

Yeah, cool movie and it did have interesting music. I'm going to try to track it down. The Escape from too. Both good suggestions. Thanks!

zeebo

Some of the Bond flicks have fantastic scores (i.e. not just the main theme but all the various background music).  Thunderball, Goldfinger, You Only Live Twice come to mind. 

If you're into sort of moody, atmospheric fare, check out the haunting evocative music Ghost in the Shell (I mentioned the tv series elsewhere, but this is from the original movie.)  The music from Spirited Away is dreamy and moody, like the movie.  Of course the original Star Wars complete soundtrack is one of the best ever, total classic. 

A great old soundtrack is from the 80's movie Until the End of the World.  And speaking of great 80's soundtracks, I can't leave out Flash Gordon.   ;)

A couple other random good ones that come to mind:  Gone in 60 Seconds, and Amelie. 

So much great music from games.  Final Fantasy 6 & 7 are masterpieces.  Deus Ex is great as well.  I played this indie game called Faster than Light which has a cool soundtrack (the game was too friggin hard for me, but at least I got the music from it lol.)

whoozit

I recently rewatched Twin Peaks.  The music from Angelo Badalamenti was such a part of the series.  Strangely, I've never sought out any of his other music.

Ciardelo

Loves me some zither. The Third Man.

akwilly

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 06, 2017, 07:10:51 AM
Loves me some zither. The Third Man.
best hangover soundtrack ever. It's the Bob Ross of that stuff

Uncle Duke

Man from Snowy River
Country
Clockwork Orange