• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Shaving

Started by Dr. MD MD, November 29, 2016, 05:31:00 AM

Dr. MD MD

I really hate shaving. I have sensitive skin I guess because I usually can't get through a shave without a nick or two. I suppose choice of razor and shaving cream can make some difference but if I could take a pill that would stop the growth of my facial hair and had no side effects and left me unchanged in every other way I would. So, I thought I'd open this thread to all who want to bitch and/or share suggestions for products and techniques. This includes you too, ladies.  ;)

Right now I've been using this stuff from Italy called Proraso. It's a little pricey but really slicks your face up. I find it's helping reduce the amount of nicks.

akwilly

I only shave maybe every 2 weeks if I think about it. I bought a Wahl dog grooming razor for my dog that I have to use on his backside if he eats something crazy. It's a nice razor for both of us because it doesn't clip so close to my face that I get burns.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: akwilly on November 29, 2016, 06:17:30 AM
I only shave maybe every 2 weeks if I think about it. I bought a Wahl dog grooming razor for my dog that I have to use on his backside if he eats something crazy. It's a nice razor for both of us because it doesn't clip so close to my face that I get burns.

I can't shave every day. It's too brutal on my skin. 2 or 3 times a week, max. I'd grow a beard but after about two weeks with that shit on my face and I'm ready to crawl out of my skin.

akwilly

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 29, 2016, 06:45:19 AM
I can't shave every day. It's too brutal on my skin. 2 or 3 times a week, max. I'd grow a beard but after about two weeks with that shit on my face and I'm ready to crawl out of my skin.
haha ya I hear you on the sensitive skin part. When I used to have to shave daily I used sensitive shaving cream and even women's bic razors. I hope to only use an electric shaver going forward. I've noticed that since I quit shaving daily with a razor that my hair growth has slowed considerably. I am not a beard guy but have found not a lot if difference between shaving every 2 weeks or so to shaving once a month.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 29, 2016, 05:31:00 AM
I really hate shaving. I have sensitive skin I guess because I usually can't get through a shave without a nick or two. I suppose choice of razor and shaving cream can make some difference but if I could take a pill that would stop the growth of my facial hair and had no side effects and left me unchanged in every other way I would. So, I thought I'd open this thread to all who want to bitch and/or share suggestions for products and techniques. This includes you too, ladies.  ;)

Right now I've been using this stuff from Italy called Proraso. It's a little pricey but really slicks your face up. I find it's helping reduce the amount of nicks.

Problem solved.  Heh, heh. ;D

Yorkshire pud

Shaving is one of post pubity's life chores unless you pay for expensive electrolysis.

Top tips: Wash your face in hot water first. Shave with cool/tepid water. If you can't find a shaving soap or gel that you like, use a skin lotion instead. Rinse the fresh razor frequently when shaving. As soon as it drags, change the blade/razor; perservering isn't a good thing.

If you have one, practise on your girlfriend's/wife's landing strip for desired topiary asthetics. After shaving, use a good skin lotion, cooled.

paladin1991

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 29, 2016, 05:31:00 AM

Pussy.

paladin1991

Quote from: akwilly on November 29, 2016, 06:17:30 AM
so you shave his ass and then your face. 

I was gonna call you a pussy.....but....I don't.....shit, I got no words.

paladin1991

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 29, 2016, 06:45:19 AM

Pussy.

paladin1991

Quote from: akwilly on November 29, 2016, 07:00:07 AM
haha ya I hear you on the sensitive skin part. When I used to have to shave daily I used sensitive shaving cream and even women's bic razors. I hope to only use an electric shaver going forward. I've noticed that since I quit shaving daily with a razor that my hair growth has slowed considerably. I am not a beard guy but have found not a lot if difference between shaving every 2 weeks or so to shaving once a month.

Um, yeah.  Pussy.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Penis mv on November 29, 2016, 11:37:10 AM
Pussy.

He'll be okay in a few years. Early twenties isn't enough time to get weather beaten. Especially indoors.  :)

SredniVashtar

Inglorious Bitch asked me to post this. Apparently her five o'clock shadow starts coming through about 11am.

Hot water (as hot as you can stand). Get some proper shaving cream and a brush. Most important, get a straight razor. Yes, the old-fashioned one. Either one that you can use with a strop or just use replacement blades. It's so much easier than using the safety versions (which still cut  you anyway) and takes half the time, as well as giving you a much better shave. It will take a little while to get the hang of it, so buy a styptic pencil to cope with the occasional nick, but after that you'll be fine.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 29, 2016, 11:42:47 AM
Hot water (as hot as you can stand). Get some proper shaving cream and a brush. Most important, get a straight razor. Yes, the old-fashioned one. Either one that you can use with a strop or just use replacement blades. It's so much easier than using the safety versions (which still cut  you anyway) and takes half the time, as well as giving you a much better shave. It will take a little while to get the hang of it, so buy a styptic pencil to cope with the occasional nick, but after that you'll be fine.

Butch bitch. No wonder you're popular down in the 'special' night clubs.  :)

paladin1991

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 29, 2016, 11:42:47 AM
Inglorious Bitch asked me to post this. Apparently her five o'clock shadow starts coming through about 11am.

Hot water (as hot as you can stand). Get some proper shaving cream and a brush. Most important, get a straight razor. Yes, the old-fashioned one. Either one that you can use with a strop or just use replacement blades. It's so much easier than using the safety versions (which still cut  you anyway) and takes half the time, as well as giving you a much better shave. It will take a little while to get the hang of it, so buy a styptic pencil   tourniquet to cope with the occasional nick, but after that you'll be fine.

Yorkshire pud

Anyone else getting H#a@r*r!y£s r*****rs ads at the foot of this thread?

paladin1991

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 29, 2016, 11:47:23 AM
Anyone else getting H#a@r*r!y£s r*****rs ads at the foot of this thread?

Sorry, doesn't work with the daily cipher.  Resend the data packet.

Pussy.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Penis mv on November 29, 2016, 11:49:21 AM
Sorry, doesn't work with the daily cipher.  Resend the data packet.

Pussy.

Is this your pussy period?

I didn't say that.

chefist

I'm a shower shaver...the hot water and steam really softens the whiskers beforehand...and a Dollar Shave Club member...

albrecht

Shave after you shower and it is cheaper and closer shave to just use an old-fashioned safety razor and buy a box of blades and replace blade more frequently than these expensive and ridiculous razors with five blades etc that just catch hair in them. Electric razors never worked well with me unless you are doing it twice a day and even then get blunt and tend to "pull" hair out instead of cut. But if that sensitive grow a beard- just make sure to not grow a 'hipster' style one.

whoozit

I use nitroglycerin and a dull butter knife.  I've never had an issue.  I put on a little turpentine after as a moisturizer.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on November 29, 2016, 12:37:47 PM
... But if that sensitive grow a beard- just make sure to not grow a 'hipster' style one.
Pussy alert!  ;)

If you do grow a beard, either grow a decent, well-groomed beard or you've got to start wondering just what the hell is wrong with yourself.

K_Dubb

I'm really sensitive, too, and I think all the hot water and creams and stuff just makes it worse.  I use a fresh, cheap disposable razor every time, on dry skin.

But I also do my own haircuts with willy's dog trimmer since my dogs all died -- easiest thing in the world, takes five minutes, no stupid appointments, always that fresh-haircut feeling, and when I screw up I have only myself to blame.

I wish I learned this stuff twenty years ago.

ItsOver

Quote from: whoozit on November 29, 2016, 12:43:06 PM
I use nitroglycerin and a dull butter knife.  I've never had an issue.  I put on a little turpentine after as a moisturizer.
Why mess around?  Just go with nitro and a match.  You'll clean-up nicely.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on November 29, 2016, 12:50:41 PM

But I also do my own haircuts with willy's dog trimmer since my dogs all died -- easiest thing in the world, takes five minutes, no stupid appointments, always that fresh-haircut feeling, and when I screw up I have only myself to blame.

I wish I learned this stuff twenty years ago.
Yep, crazy to pay someone to cut your hair. I got a trimmer for like $10 and also got a few of those old school manual ones that people used to use to do trims to keep sideburns and neck line clean. Only advice I have is: you can always adjust down but can't reverse what you cut off until it grows back. And not a good idea to decide you need a haircut when one is drunk.