• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

North Korea's Nuclear Test: Real or BS?

Started by Dr. MD MD, September 10, 2016, 11:43:24 AM

Dr. MD MD

What do you think? It usually turns out to be BS but I noticed that this time the US media seems to be taking it VERY seriously. I suspect the reason for this is a political attempt to get people voting for Hillary though. It seems like they're playing it that way, anyway. What do you think? Was the test real this time? Any actual verification of this?

Uncle Duke

How do you fake a 5.3 magnitude seismic event?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 10, 2016, 11:48:57 AM
How do you fake a 5.3 magnitude seismic event?

I don't know but last time they said they did this you said it was bullshit. So this one's real then? What do you think the outcome of this will be if that's the case?

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 10, 2016, 11:57:01 AM
I don't know but last time they said they did this you said it was bullshit. So this one's real then? What do you think the outcome of this will be if that's the case?

I said it was bullshit? 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 10, 2016, 12:02:30 PM
I said it was bullshit?

Yes: Such rhetoric is meant for domestic consumption, doubt any intelligence agency in the world actually believes the H-bomb claims.

Sorry, I couldn't figure how to quote you from another thread in this one but that's what you wrote last time.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 10, 2016, 12:08:08 PM
Yes: Such rhetoric is meant for domestic consumption, doubt any intelligence agency in the world actually believes the H-bomb claims.

Sorry, I couldn't figure how to quote you from another thread in this one but that's what you wrote last time.

Don't recall saying that, but I'll take your word for it.  I do remember a test where there was talk there had not been a high order detonation, and as a result some were concluding the test was not successful despite the NKs claims.  That sound like what you're referencing?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 10, 2016, 11:43:24 AM
What do you think? It usually turns out to be BS but I noticed that this time the US media seems to be taking it VERY seriously. I suspect the reason for this is a political attempt to get people voting for Hillary though. It seems like they're playing it that way, anyway. What do you think? Was the test real this time? Any actual verification of this?

When was the first time anyone told you, you're a complete moron?

Sigh.  The nuclear test was real.  How anybody could believe otherwise is beyond me.  What else causes a reading of 5.3 on the richter scale besides an earthquake or nuclear detonation?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 10, 2016, 12:55:03 PM
Sigh.  The nuclear test was real.  How anybody could believe otherwise is beyond me.  What else causes a reading of 5.3 on the richter scale besides an earthquake or nuclear detonation?

When a particularly heavy spliff is dropped on the floor, and alsorts of paranioa sets in about Hillary Clinton feeding the press (and seismologists and seismic stations around the world) a false story about NK detonating a nuclear device.

norland2424

lol all of their nuke tests have been real, since they have all produced 5+ Richter scale earthquakes at a depth of zero miles

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 10, 2016, 12:55:03 PM

I'm not a nuclear inspector. I'm just a guy reading the news and wondering how much of it is bullshit politics and how much is real. I figured most here are the same but I suppose you must work for the security counsel or something to be so sure. Anyway, when I asked about the last nuclear test people here overwhelming said they thought it was bullshit. Now, everyone's convinced it's real. What changed?

norland2424

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 10, 2016, 02:12:56 PM
I'm not a nuclear inspector. I'm just a guy reading the news and wondering how much of it is bullshit politics and how much is real. I figured most here are the same but I suppose you must work for the security counsel or something to be so sure. Anyway, when I asked about the last nuclear test people here overwhelming said they thought it was bullshit. Now, everyone's convinced it's real. What changed?

i think you might confusing the size of the nukes, since the norks are bsing about their capabilities

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 10, 2016, 12:34:56 PM
When was the first time anyone told you, you're a complete moron?

Your mom, when I didn't try hard enough to convince her to have an abortion when she got pregnant with you. The poor woman had so much potential until you came along.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 10, 2016, 02:18:35 PM
Your mom, when I didn't try hard enough to convince her to have an abortion when she got pregnant with you. The poor woman had so much potential until you came along.

You seriously think Clinton got the planet's media and seismic stations AND NK's news channel to announce a fictitious nuclear explosion (that China condemned also), and you have the temerity to question my late mother's potential? And you take yourself seriously in several topics including the benefits of weed? Seriously?

;D ;D ;D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: norland2424 on September 10, 2016, 02:15:58 PM
i think you might confusing the size of the nukes, since the norks are bsing about their capabilities

No, take a look at the thread I started the last time they announced this. I think it was in January. Almost no one thought it was real and, at the time, I couldn't find any seismic or any scientific confirmation of it. Now there is.

norland2424

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 10, 2016, 02:26:29 PM
No, take a look at the thread I started the last time they announced this. I think it was in January. Almost no one thought it was real and, at the time, I couldn't find any seismic or any scientific confirmation of it. Now there is.

they all have had seismic events tho, and i dont mean im getting the info from news sites, i have an earthquake app that gets info from world wide sources and after each mention of a detention there have been seismic events at a depth of zero miles 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 10, 2016, 02:22:36 PM
You seriously think Clinton got the planet's media and seismic stations AND NK's news channel to announce a fictitious nuclear explosion (that China condemned also), and you have the temerity to question my late mother's potential? And you take yourself seriously in several topics including the benefits of weed? Seriously?

;D ;D ;D

That's right. I do have the temerity to put a self-righteous British asshole who seems to think they know everything about everything in their place. She got the FBI and most major media outlets to work for her. Her power seems to know no bounds. Keep trusting what the authorities are tell you. It's really working for you. Maybe you should rewatch Wagging the Dog.

BTW, I don't take myself half a seriously as you seem to. Try a laxative.

norland2424

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 10, 2016, 02:26:29 PM

lol dude yea go back and read it, they have atomic bombs not hydrogen bombs

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: norland2424 on September 10, 2016, 02:32:23 PM
they all have had seismic events tho, and i dont mean im getting the info from news sites, i have an earthquake app that gets info from world wide sources and after each mention of a detention there have been seismic events at a depth of zero miles

Norland, if you weighed in back then you weren't saying that. Of course, I understand there are seismic meters that can measure that. However, at the time, I was asking about this but couldn't find a verified confirmation. Most here said it was just bullshit and that it was just NK trying to intimidate the rest of the world.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: norland2424 on September 10, 2016, 02:34:26 PM

Oh, let's not start splitting hairs here. That one was confirmed too but most here said it was bullshit.

norland2424

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 10, 2016, 02:39:53 PM
Oh, let's not start splitting hairs here. That one was confirmed too but most here said it was bullshit.

no thats a big difference, they have never detonated a hydrogen bomb, and that is what you asked in that thread, which everyone said was bs. 

Value Of Pi

Threads like this one are pretty good clues to how it is that a guy like Trump is a major party nominee for POTUS. The real fifth column in America is ignorance and stupidity. If not for that, we could probably deal effectively with ISIS, Assad, Kim, Khomeini and Putin with one hand tied behind our back.

Either fix the educational system or invent the stupid pill. Those are our options.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: norland2424 on September 10, 2016, 02:41:16 PM
no thats a big difference, they have never detonated a hydrogen bomb, and that is what you asked in that thread, which everyone said was bs.

Well, it lists it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nuclear_weapons_tests_of_North_Korea

norland2424

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 10, 2016, 02:46:28 PM
Well, it lists it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nuclear_weapons_tests_of_North_Korea

yea its what they claim but  there has been no evidence to suggest that it was an H bomb, no one is doubting their A bombs tho

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Value Of Pi on September 10, 2016, 02:41:19 PM
Threads like this one are pretty good clues to how it is that a guy like Trump is a major party nominee for POTUS. The real fifth column in America is ignorance and stupidity. If not for that, we could probably deal effectively with ISIS, Assad, Kim, Khomeini and Putin with one hand tied behind our back.

Either fix the educational system or invent the stupid pill. Those are our options.

I'm all for education but how will education help if the system is being controlled by a corrupt enclave that can control what we get to learn and know?

Uncle Duke

Quote from: norland2424 on September 10, 2016, 02:34:26 PM

I found the same thing, those of us questioning the NK claims in that thread were talking specifically about H-bombs.  I understand your confusion now.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 10, 2016, 02:49:37 PM
I'm all for education but how will education help if the system is being controlled by a corrupt enclave that can control what we get to learn and know?

The problem is not some all-powerful group of corrupt conspirators at the top. The problem is a dysfunctional system that has been allowed to continually deteriorate over the decades. Once you drop the conspiratorial point of view from your thinking, everything you see happening will become much clearer.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Value Of Pi on September 10, 2016, 03:00:14 PM
The problem is not some all-powerful group of corrupt conspirators at the top. The problem is a dysfunctional system that has been allowed to continually deteriorate over the decades. Once you drop the conspiratorial point of view from your thinking, everything you see happening will become much clearer.

So, stop thinking logically and just surrender? You really do work for Hillary!  ;D

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 10, 2016, 03:01:30 PM
So, stop thinking logically and just surrender? You really do work for Hillary!  ;D

There's nothing logical about seeing conspiracies where they don't exist or exaggerating ones that do exist. There's also nothing logical about making unwarranted assumptions or drawing erroneous conclusions from questionnable evidence.

These are all common mistakes that people make. Especially these days. It wasn't always as bad as it is now.