• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Great Britain Is Building Their Own Refugee Wall

Started by Dr. MD MD, September 10, 2016, 11:39:24 AM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 10, 2016, 11:39:24 AM
http://www.news.com.au/world/europe/britain-will-build-a-wall-in-french-port-calais-to-stop-migrants-jumping-on-trucks/news-story/742b0d762b13a01aa004134fa6e050a3

Looks like the whole world's going Trump now.  :D

Jesus.. you still believe what you think? It is to make sure the traffic flows in Calais; will be about one kilometre long and built along side the port road.

Not exactly the same as Trumpy has dreamt about.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 10, 2016, 12:21:49 PM
Jesus.. you still believe what you think? It is to make sure the traffic flows in Calais; will be about one kilometre long and built along side the port road.

Offa hangs his head in shame, and from afar doth noble Hadrian weep.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 10, 2016, 01:00:40 PM
Offa hangs his head in shame, and from afar doth noble Hadrian weep.

Both a good walk apparently.  :)

K_Dubb

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 10, 2016, 01:02:34 PM
Both a good walk apparently.  :)

At least tell me you're fortifying Calais against the Frogs.  Will Liz get her lilies back?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 10, 2016, 01:52:03 PM
At least tell me you're fortifying Calais against the Frogs.  Will Liz get her lilies back?

If I had any influence I'd have France scooped out of the continent and dropped in the Gulf of Mexico... alas.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 10, 2016, 12:21:49 PM

Oh yeah? And why do they need to make sure traffic flows in Calais?  What's causing the lack of flow? ???

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 10, 2016, 02:01:48 PM
Oh yeah? And why do they need to make sure traffic flows in Calais?  What's causing the lack of flow? ???

Because of the twats trying to cross the channel; but the wall/fence being built (there's been a fence quite some time but that hardly made the news), won't prevent it entirely, but it will cut significant delays.

chefist

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 10, 2016, 01:59:48 PM
If I had any influence I'd have France scooped out of the continent and dropped in the Gulf of Mexico... alas.

Uh, no...send them to the Balkans on the Adriatic...

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 10, 2016, 02:05:12 PM
Because of the twats trying to cross the channel; but the wall/fence being built (there's been a fence quite some time but that hardly made the news), won't prevent it entirely, but it will cut significant delays.

Twats?! The news reports said they're Syrian refugees. I thought you were all for total openness?! You know, the Hillary way?  ???

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: chefist on September 10, 2016, 02:06:28 PM
Uh, no...send them to the Balkans on the Adriatic...

I thought they might prefer a bit of Cajun....no?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 10, 2016, 02:07:58 PM
Twats?! The news reports said they're Syrian refugees. I thought you were all for total openness?! You know, the Hillary way?  ???

Try not to think; it isn't helping you. Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 10, 2016, 01:59:48 PM

She made the oceans bend their knees;
Her empire enthralled the sun,
But when she ate those mushy peas
Britannia's golden age was done.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 10, 2016, 02:11:19 PM

Mushy peas is the new beginning.

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 10, 2016, 02:11:19 PM

K, I'd be a lyre if I told you your avatar doesn't make me chuckle every time I see it.  Nice one!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 10, 2016, 02:10:55 PM
Try not to think; it isn't helping you. Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups.

Really? I don't think I'm making any assumptions. You're trying to tell me that haven't been pimping for Hillary here?

K_Dubb

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on September 10, 2016, 02:37:14 PM
K, I'd be a lyre if I told you your avatar doesn't make me chuckle every time I see it.  Nice one!

Thanks, Ghost; me too.  If this place had a poet laureate, he'd have to be just such a scrappy, myopic fellow reeking of old booze sweats and tobacco.

I'd like to think yours is an homage to the Professor but I think that's a tuba.

starrmtn001

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 10, 2016, 02:57:34 PM
Thanks, Ghost; me too.  If this place had a poet laureate, he'd have to be just such a scrappy, myopic fellow reeking of old booze sweats and tobacco.

I'd like to think yours is an homage to the Professor but I think that's a tuba.
It is called a Flugelhorne. ;) :D
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flugelhorn

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 10, 2016, 05:41:08 PM
It is called a Flugelhorne. ;) :D
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flugelhorn

You're right, and I can't believe I missed that, because that photo was obviously taken during a rare performance of P.D.Q. Bach's "Eighteenth Concerto for Flügelhörner und Kinder in D flat minor."  I'm pretty sure K_Dubb will confirm that.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on September 10, 2016, 11:49:26 PM
You're right, and I can't believe I missed that, because that photo was obviously taken during a rare performance of P.D.Q. Bach's "Eighteenth Concerto for Flügelhörner und Kinder in D flat minor."  I'm pretty sure K_Dubb will confirm that.

Oboe, not again.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 10, 2016, 11:53:11 PM
Oboe, not again.

Did somebody request a hackneyed old music hall joke?  If so, they must have deleted the post before I saw it.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 10, 2016, 11:53:11 PM
Oboe, not again.
Ouch. Maybe you will realise [sic] Enoch was right? Decades ago. Your Trump Callais fence-cum-wall too late, alas?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on September 11, 2016, 12:00:13 AM
Did somebody request a hackneyed old music hall joke?  If so, they must have deleted the post before I saw it.

Timpani timpani.... You load em Vanessa I'll shoot em.. 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on September 11, 2016, 12:03:43 AM
Ouch. Maybe you will realise [sic] Enoch was right? Decades ago. Your Trump Callais fence-cum-wall too late, alas?

I've already said I'd drag France to the Gulf of Mexico, but Chefist says they won't want it. I'm trying to be helpful here.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 11, 2016, 12:11:50 AM
I've already said I'd drag France to the Gulf of Mexico, but Chefist says they won't want it. I'm trying to be helpful here.
I dont want to catch Frogs. (If I do ill set after them n gig them.) But one of those French or  muzzies... or worse.both! Not even good for bait or legs. Keep them there with you. ENOCH WAS RIGHT. And you know I know that you know. I'll forgive you for not acknowledging.  I understand. It will likely be same here, soon.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on September 10, 2016, 11:49:26 PM

It is, indeed.  A short concerto, though most performances never make it until the end because the child isn't content to remain a mute.