• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Paranormal Date Should Suffer A Paranormal Fate

Started by shredder203, July 27, 2015, 10:34:09 PM

shredder203

Hey Guys - I originally posted this in General Discussion, but thought that it was also really valid to post it in the Technology section. I hope y'all don't get to upset that I posted it in 2 places, but I feel really strongly about this. Thanks!

I recently joined George Noory's Paranormal Date as a way to meet singles who were interested in the paranormal in my area. After being on the site for 3 weeks, I now feel that it is a total sham, just around for making George more money. I wanted to believe that it worked, but here is the truth that I discovered.

1. When you sign up, it asks you to write a little bit about yourself. I did. What it does not tell you is that it sends other people that you do not click on a "message" without your permission, that you didn't send. It's just takes the blurb you wrote about yourself when you signed up and randomly sends it to other people. I received several of these from girls, and when I wrote back to them, I discovered they had no idea that they "sent" me a message.

2. Paranormal Date also seems to aggregate people from different dating sites. George claims that they have had over 17,000 sign-ups. Almost none of these people have any interest in the paranormal! Then why are they on this site?!!! One girl wrote to me that she was upset that no one seemed to be into the paranormal on this site. I've included a screenshot of that conversation (with sensitive material censored for protection.) Also, please note that I never actually wrote to this girl, but she wrote "back" to me to a response that I NEVER SENT!

3. I'm pretty sure that most "people" on it are either fake, or aggregated by some other dating website. It's almost as if they purchased a dating website that was almost developed, then just slapped a new "brand" on it calling it "paranormal."

There are a lot of amazing paranormal technology websites that are out there and they are becoming really popular. A couple of good ones are Echovox, TruthFunders, etc. I thought it was important for me to bring this to the attention of everybody, because I feel ripped off. I also feel uncomfortable responding to people's "messages" when it's obvious that they didn't personally write them to me. The only one that actually wrote a personal message out of the 20 messages I received is the one below. And you can see how disappointed she is with the site as well. What are your thoughts or experiences?

Jackstar

Quote from: shredder203 on July 27, 2015, 10:34:09 PM
After being on the site for 3 weeks, I now feel that it is a total sham,

Little Hater

Quote from: shredder203 on July 27, 2015, 10:34:09 PM.

3. I'm pretty sure that most "people" on it are either fake, or aggregated by some other dating website. It's almost as if they purchased a dating website that was almost developed, then just slapped a new "brand" on it calling it "paranormal."

That's exactly the case. The provider of the software also provides phony 'members' who reply to new real members, using keywords in the information you provided (or even randomly). I created two free accounts, one Woman seeking Men and one Man seeking Women. When I was allowed (in a two-hour window) to read my messages (you usually have to pay to do that), it was screamingly obvious that the messages and the 'members' who allegedly sent them were fake.

It's impossible that that fraud has attracted 17,000 paying customers. That many free signups, maybe.

What.........Gerorge Noory a liar? My world is shattered. 

centaurie

Wouldn't one just sign up at a more popular well-known dating site and describe oneself and include paranormal interests? Then again to me, attend a convention that has your interest and find more like minded individuals to hang with.

popple

I don't know about your experience but I met my dear husband on there and we've been together now going on 31 years.

DanTSX

Just use adult friend finder or plenty of fatties

AudioFileZ

That 93-year woman with the tangy tangerine will be your date.  I may be a bit harsh, but I find most of the commercials on C2CAM smell of five day old fish...the most irritating of which, at least currently, seems to be Paranormal Date.  I love the way Noory has attempted to make like he's been browbeaten into creating this and he's doing it as a public service.  Seriously, try to imagine just one person at any of his engagements coming up to him and begging for a dating service...ooh, wait, maybe the hybrids are behind this.

DanTSX

Quote from: AudioFileZ on August 02, 2015, 10:36:25 PM
That 93-year woman with the tangy tangerine will be your date.  I may be a bit harsh, but I find most of the commercials on C2CAM smell of five day old fish...the most irritating of which, at least currently, seems to be Paranormal Date.  I love the way Noory has attempted to make like he's been browbeaten into creating this and he's doing it as a public service.  Seriously, try to imagine just one person at any of his engagements coming up to him and begging for a dating service...ooh, wait, maybe the hybrids are behind this.

Is a lonely Cat lady with diabetes and witchcraft books considered a hybrid?

pate

So I was reading my latest copy of Elle magazine and I came across this article:

http://www.elle.com/life-love/sex-relationships/news/a15492/women-like-men-their-age-men-only-like-20-year-olds-mc/

Got me to thinking after reading the above.  Perhaps Dave's multiple accounts are skewing the data, and since he has that hefty bank account and plenty of free time...

Well, I'm not a Calculus Doctor...

(you do the math?)

Caruthers612

Quote from: DanTSX on July 29, 2015, 11:08:07 AM
Just use adult friend finder or plenty of fatties

Plenty of fatties!! Ye have cause me to burst out laughing, sir. I am still laughing even now. You'll hear from my lawyer.