• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Sardondi

Quote from: fysisist on January 20, 2012, 02:01:46 PMHealthier than thou??  He looks like warmed over shit.
I agree. But that doesn't stop him from telling us all the time about how he's now super athletic and in shape from his magic fitness and nutrition program. (Seems like it was something about turmeric, prunes and an occasional cattle prod to the prostate.)

He isn't a disgusting slob, but I would never put "athletic looking" and "George Noory" in the same sentence. He's pasty, flabby and baggy-eyed. And those short-sleeved pics he's so fond of just embarrass me for the man. He seems so proud of his sad little old-man arms which he's deluded himself are some real guns. I picture him between C2C segments at his desk, doing curls with a pink 2-lb. Jane Fonda plastic weight, looking lovingly at the pale pudding that is his bicep as he continues the search for a raised vein - "Feel that burn, baby. Yeah. Do it! You're so big! You're huge!" *shudder*

coaster

Quote from: Sardondi on January 20, 2012, 11:22:22 PM

He isn't a disgusting slob, but I would never put "athletic looking" and "George Noory" in the same sentence.
He's over 60 though, isnt he? Although hes lacking in the talented radio personality department, I'll give him a pass on this one. The man is aging. i hope I'm not flabby and baggy-eyed when I'm 60.

Morgus

Strangely, Noory just cut his scheduled two hour guest down to the first hour only and a new guest, Rosemary Ellen Guiely is on for the second hour talking about curses.
Wonder why Noory changed that at the last minute?  :o

Morgus

Noory must have this guest on to talk about curses, since purportedly he himself tried to put a curse on a young woman years ago because she spurned his advances?  :P
He secretly has always wanted to use dark magic for his own personal gain...

tmock00

Quote from: Morgus on January 21, 2012, 01:12:36 AM
Strangely, Noory just cut his scheduled two hour guest down to the first hour only and a new guest, Rosemary Ellen Guiely is on for the second hour talking about curses.

I haven't listened to Coast to Coast for a long time because I got fed up with Noory, and I just can't stand Wells - as I've said before, he's Noory on steroids and I don't need to hear his BS.  Tonight however, I thought I would tune in to hear the scheduled guest, Mark Pinkham, hoping he might discuss the Knights Templar and a bit of history since as a librarian, I'm a history buff.

I waited until the first hour was over, since I wasn't going to sit through an interview with Wells, but when I tuned in, Rosemary Ellen Guiley was the guest, yammering on about curses and such, which begs the question, what happened to Pinkham?  Did Noory announce the  change early in the show?  Did I miss Pinkham - did he come on in the first hour, instead?

It's now going on hour 3 and Noory has announced open lines for the rest of the show.  Currently he's talking about having a physical.

I'm turning it off. 

This show sucks so hard.

WOTR

Quote from: tmock00 on January 21, 2012, 02:12:39 AM
This show sucks so hard.
I bought a digital manometer to measure the pressure differential in HVAC units and better time filter changes earlier today.  When I held it near the radio this evening it registered "Error" and I discovered that it is meant for precise measurements and only displays from -40" to +40"WG.

Scientific confirmation the C2C does, indeed, suck hard... ;)

Morgus

Quote from: tmock00 on January 21, 2012, 02:12:39 AMI waited until the first hour was over, since I wasn't going to sit through an interview with Wells, but when I tuned in, Rosemary Ellen Guiley was the guest, yammering on about curses and such, which begs the question, what happened to Pinkham?  Did Noory announce the  change early in the show?  Did I miss Pinkham - did he come on in the first hour, instead?
yeah Pinkham was the first hour guest as scheduled and they added Rosemary as the second hour guest at the last minute. Open lines for hours 3 and 4.

but Pinkham only talked about dragons however.

Quote from: tmock00 on January 21, 2012, 02:12:39 AM
... I'm turning it off. 

This show sucks so hard.

On the way home, I turned it on just to hear how ol' George was doing.  Been awhile.

Open lines and first caller I heard just called to tell George what a gracious man he is and to thank and congradulate his mother on raising him.  She almost had to be one of Ian's ernest church ladies. 

Gracious George seemed pleased yet tongue-tied, but finally managed a story about his mom teaching him baseball and how to throw the Knuckle Ball.

The next caller was worried because 3 of the last 4 numbers in his SS number were 6's.  George jumped in and assured him he sounded like a good guy.  Caller told us so far the near 666 hadn't seemed to have negatively affected him, but he was concerned...

valdez

Quote from: Frys Girl on January 20, 2012, 05:04:48 PM
What a sick bastard.
Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on January 20, 2012, 10:14:22 PM
...The underground caverns are beginning to fill... 

I could have sworn I heard Wells tell Noory, "I'm coming after you, George.  Your job is so mine."  I found Mark Pinkham's thoughts about dragons being energy to be somewhat interesting, but George just wanted to drag it down to the third grade with, "But where did all the dragons go?"  Pity Rosemary Ellen Guiley for having to base her book sales on humoring this dolt.  So George's famous aunt was electrocuted by a radio?  Isn't that weird?  Some guy called in and wished that America could go back to 1976.  Oh, no.  I ain't doing that again.  Play the ufo phil song.  He's done.

WOTR

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 21, 2012, 04:04:32 AM

Open lines and first caller I heard just called to tell George what a gracious man he is and to thank and congradulate his mother on raising him.  She almost had to be one of Ian's ernest church ladies...

The next caller was worried because 3 of the last 4 numbers in his SS number were 6's.  George jumped in and assured him he sounded like a good guy.  Caller told us so far the near 666 hadn't seemed to have negatively affected him, but he was concerned...
George told the man not to worry about the 6s and told another lady that her grandmother did not hate her and curse her when she was 10.  He told the lady that just because she is going through economic hardship does not mean that her grandmother cursed her with her dying breath.  It seems like old George is turning over a new leaf (remembering how he used to delight in telling people that their problems were real and even worse than they had thought.)

I am, however sick of the nightly "love ins" that have become a part of C2C.  The callers who want to thank George for his service to his country, who believe that he is the most gracious man ever to haunt the airwaves, who believe that he is doing the country a great service with his program and all the other crap callers spew.  I would bet that there are 3-5 caller each night who dedicate themselves to blowing smoke up Georges ass.  The formula is getting old.

I did enjoy hearing how George will not allow the government to get away with things and will remain at his post broadcasting the truth and holding them to account.  He even credited himself with helping to bring awareness to SOPA and bringing it down (he did allow that sites like Wikipedia going black for the day contributed as well.)  It is good to know that we have a courageous, committed hero in George and that he will fight to the end for all of us. ::)

BobGrau

2012 - the year of the Drag-on and on and on...

CoastCanuck

Quote from: valdez on January 21, 2012, 06:45:22 AM
    I could have sworn I heard Wells tell Noory, "I'm coming after you, George.  Your job is so mine."

I downloaded the show and listened to Wells and Noory talk twice... Never heard this comment.  However, George said words to the effect that there's going to be much more work ahead for John and John said something like it will be an interesting year.

Jasmine

Quote from: coaster on January 20, 2012, 02:55:49 PM
I've got "Mishhus Mish Shedlock" stuck in my head now. I keep repeating it out loud, but in Sean Connery's accent.

LOL! Groovy! Love it! And yes, Sean Connery's voice is the perfect match....ooohhh...I hear voices in my head!

Like many here, I really don't bother with C2C anymore. Even when I tune in, it's only for twenty minutes max, unless the guest is a good one...and there aint too many good ones. The often too repeated line-up of characters is like a small and atrocious ensemble from a very bad sitcom, with George Noory as the mind boggling 'Charlie Sheen' lead on the show.

Quote from: Morgus on January 21, 2012, 01:40:52 AM
Noory must have this guest on to talk about curses, since purportedly he himself tried to put a curse on a young woman years ago because she spurned his advances?  :P

This man is seriously, seriously fucked in the head. There is truly something wrong with him, aside from his sheer idiocy and the idiocy of Premiere and his producers. The C2C hosts and staff need to be tossed out into the streets and locked out. Yeah, Georgie, surprise surprise a woman spurned your advances. Damn, I'd be running for them thar hills.

Hey guys, I know this isn't related, but if I may, I just had to post this small tribute to the late and great Etta James, the extraordinary Rhythm & Blues legend who passed away yesterday. Perhaps C2C could play her ballads in the bumper music as a tribute....there...there's a tie-in for this! So long, my sweet Etta. Thanks for your extraordinary gifts. Catch ya on the flip side, girl.

Etta James - 'A Sunday Kind of Love'

Etta James - A Sunday Kind Of Love (Original Stereo Remastered)

Mishhus Mish Shedlock

JohnnieB

Quote from: coaster on January 20, 2012, 02:55:49 PM
I've got "Mishhus Mish Shedlock" stuck in my head now. I keep repeating it out loud, but in Sean Connery's accent.

Or, if we add a Flintstones twist to the name, Ms. Jasmine could be Mishhus Mish Shedrock.

Perhaps Richard C. Hoagland's next "Get ready for that!" 'science report' on C2C could encompass the hidden NASA messages in 'The Flintstones' - ones sent out via the space age character, Kazoo, who dropped into Fred and Barney's lives in Bedrock towards the end of the series.

George: "Richard, I gotta ask you this. (long pause)...do...do...do you think that Hanna-Barbera was in kahoots with NASA with Kazoo? I mean, it's no coincidence Kazoo is a martian! A green martian! What were they trying to tell us, Richard?"

Richard: "Well, George, considering the fact that the Hanna-Barbera animator who created Kazoo was from Kalamazoo, Michigan, and that one of the two NASA scientists in kahoots with the men from Hanna-Barbera over the creation of Kazoo was born in Yazoo City, Mississippi, and the other was born in Chatanooga, I think, like the face on Mars, we can rule out coincidences."

George: "And let's not forget the Chatanooga Choo Choo, Richard, there's got to be a connection there and with the face on Mars. Tracks leave traces!"

Richard: "Precisely, George."

George: "I don't believe in coincidences, Richard. You know that, they know that, and I knew that."

b_dubb

no one answered my question: why continue to listen?

Jasmine

Quote from: JohnnieB on January 21, 2012, 10:54:33 AM
Or, if we add a Flintstones twist to the name, Ms. Jasmine could be Mishhus Mish Shedrock.

Perhaps Richard C. Hoagland's next "Get ready for that!" 'science report' on C2C could encompass the hidden NASA messages in 'The Flintstones' - ones sent out via the space age character, Kazoo, who dropped into Fred and Barney's lives in Bedrock towards the end of the series.

George: "Richard, I gotta ask you this. (long pause)...do...do...do you think that Hanna-Barbera was in kahoots with NASA with Kazoo? I mean, it's no coincidence Kazoo is a martian! A green martian! What were they trying to tell us, Richard?"

Richard: "Well, George, considering the fact that the Hanna-Barbera animator who created Kazoo was from Kalamazoo, Michigan, and that one of the two NASA scientists in kahoots with the men from Hanna-Barbera over the creation of Kazoo was born in Yazoo City, Mississippi, and the other was born in Chatanooga, I think, like the face on Mars, we can rule out coincidences."

George: "And let's not forget the Chatanooga Choo Choo, Richard, there's got to be a connection there and with the face on Mars. Tracks leave traces!"

George: "I don't believe in coincidences, Richard. You know that, they know that, and I knew that."

LOL! And to think that as a wee lass I sat watching this show while at home from school for lunch, and it all went over my head...or did it softly permeate my brain?

Pardon me, boys of CoastGab, but is this THE Chatanooga Choo Choo? Leaving on track 29?

Quote from: b_dubb on January 21, 2012, 11:02:07 AM

Well, for me, and to reiterate, I do continue to tune in now and then, but my listening to the show pertains my mind-set at the time. If I find myself in a humorous frame of mind and want a good laugh at the expense of George & Co., then I listen. I admit I still - at times - get a sick kick out of George spewing his infamous non-sequiturs over the airwaves, and engaging in "dialogue" (and I use that term rather loosely) with his band of (mostly) equally inane guests. I also - depending on my frame of mind - still sit and listen in awe at the individual and collective imprudence of the psycho ward callers - both call-in questions and Open Lines. If I'm not in the mood for nitwittedness, then I pass.

Perhaps my sometimes continued listening is comparable to people who rush to the scene of an accident to stand there and view the wreckage. You can't believe what you're seeing - you know from a logical point of view that you should not be standing there watching, but human nature being what it is, you do. 

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Morgus on January 21, 2012, 01:12:36 AM
I didn't know what to expect from Pinkham, but within a couple minutes I was repeating the "WTF ??" mantra.   Booking cracked-pot "guest" like this clown is an insult to C2C listeners. I think Pinkham's portrait from his website says it all:

tmock00

I tune in on average about twice a month, and only if the guest is going to discuss something I'm interested in, but I often find myself tuning out when Noory starts to f*ck it all up, which is often.

expat

Last night Noory told one of his favorite stories -- the one about how he walked out on a gorgeous date after she said she hated animals. It'd be funny if the date, now a saggy-breasted false-toothed housewife, was listening. She had to be thinking "Thank fuck that relationship went nowhere."

Jasmine

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 21, 2012, 11:34:26 AM
I didn't know what to expect from Pinkham, but within a couple minutes I was repeating the "WTF ??" mantra.   Booking cracked-pot "guest" like this clown is an insult to C2C listeners. I think Pinkham's portrait from his website says it all:

This duo looks to me like the Scottish-American High Priest and Priestess of Highland Mind Fuckery, and dig those sugary Christmas cookies on their heads. Hmm...I wonder what's under their kilts? Or, never mind...I don't even want to go there...he looks as if he just experienced a silent orgasm, hence his clutching his crotch...pardon my vulgarity. They're probably both boozers behind closed doors.

"Booking cracked-pot "guest" like this clown is an insult to C2C listeners."

Sadly, me thinks the vast majority of C2C listeners simply aren't objective enough to dismiss these two for what they are...Buddha only knows Tom and Lisa, the producers/enablers, aren't at all objective. C2C has spiraled down to nothing more than a circus freak show.

JohnnieB

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 21, 2012, 11:34:26 AM

GRANDMA!? GRANDPA!? OH MY GOD!

Quote from: expat on January 21, 2012, 11:46:56 AM
        Last night Noory told one of his favorite stories -- the one about how he walked out on a gorgeous date after she said she hated animals. It'd be funny if the date, now a saggy-breasted false-toothed housewife, was listening. She had to be thinking "Thank fuck that relationship went nowhere."

Hasn't he told that story before...numerous times? It seems a select few memories/anecdotes spin around in in his empty head like four slow and rusted blades on a Dutch windmill.

Quote from: Jasmine on January 21, 2012, 11:47:47 AM
Hmm...I wonder what's under their kilts? Or, never mind...I don't even want to go there...he looks as if he just experienced a silent orgasm, hence his clutching his crotch...

Thanks for the enticing visual, as I sit reading this page while eating a toasted bagel with cream cheese.  :o

Last night Noory told one of his favorite stories -- the one about how he walked out on a gorgeous date after she said she hated animals...

Given George's glee when there are stories of mutilated or dead animals to read during the 'news' segment, or his obvious discomfort when he was relating stories about having a dog named 'Casey', it's pretty clear George is either afriad of animals or just very uncomfortable around them.

If I had to guess, it would be a woman walking out on HIM after finding out his attitude towards them, except I can't really picture him out on a date (thank goodness, that mental image is a blank).

JohnnieB

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 21, 2012, 12:43:58 PM
Given George's glee when there are stories of mutilated or dead animals to read during the 'news' segment, or his obvious discomfort when he was relating stories about having a dog named 'Casey', it's pretty clear George is either afriad of animals or just very uncomfortable around them.

Also don't forget how George's glee is expressed when there are stories of badly injured or dead children. George just LOVES to provide listeners with all the horrific details. I think he's toned down the number of mangled/dead kids stories, though. The man has serious disturbing issues.

Morgus

yeah Noory has told that story at least a hundred times on the air now.
but probably the truth was she was talking about dogs like Noory himself...  :P

Morgus

Quote from: JohnnieB on January 21, 2012, 10:54:33 AM

lasertron

Quote from: Morgus on January 21, 2012, 01:40:52 AM

What a gross fucking childish man

---
I am here:
http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=33.668478,-112.176000

kf5iwe

Because I am a simpleton? Because I delight in selfpunishment? Because my love life is 50/50 and I lie awake at night alone half of the time? No, although some people may think I am a simpleton. I continue to listen in the hope that one night Art will be there. And so I will continue to be a member of Coast extreme, waiting for Art to come back. I know it is a lost cause. I just dont have much else to do right now,

Sardondi

Quote from: CoastCanuck on January 21, 2012, 08:59:07 AM
Quote from: valdez on January 21, 2012, 06:45:22 AM
    I could have sworn I heard Wells tell Noory, "I'm coming after you, George.  Your job is so mine."

I downloaded the show and listened to Wells and Noory talk twice... Never heard this comment.  However, George said words to the effect that there's going to be much more work ahead for John and John said something like it will be an interesting year.

CoastCanuck, at the risk of being too literal and stepping on your line, I think valdez was speaking figuratively.

And b dubb, we don't necessarily listen, but we do bother over him no doubt. Why don't we just ignore George Noory and go on about our lives? Some things just cannot be ignored. Would you ignore a wildfire? Would you turn away from the Black Death? Would you stand motionless, even at the risk of being struck by a fusilade of bullets, as a carriage with a helpless infant inexorably rolled down the Odessa Steps or the main stairway of Chicago Union Station, depending on your cinematic meme preference? Nay, say I: you would not.

Some things are just so wrong, so distorted and so dysfunctional that they must be destroyed before they destroy us. Some things by their very existence are such an assault on human dignity, such an affront to the idea of the essential nobility of humanity that they must be eradicated, must be plucked out root and bough, and the earth from which springs such a travesty sown with salt. Only then, when our entire tribe is safe, and children may sleep dreamless and secure by their loving mothers, can we rest in the battle to see that George Noory harms not one more life.

This is why we fight as we do...we can do no less.