• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

CoastCanuck

Quote from: Morgus on December 30, 2011, 02:41:54 PM
But the c2c schedule now shows he is also taking Thu and Fri off next week...
Rob Simone hosts on Thu and George Knapp on Fri next week.
Yes ! I always like more George Knapp shows. 
After next Thu and Fri night, we come to the first Sat in January, this would be new Sat host John B. Welles night, yes?  Then, Jan. 8 is 2nd Sunday in Jan., this would be Ian's Sunday night?  Could be 4 nights in a row w/o George Noory if my theory is correct.     

WOTR

Quote from: Morgus on December 30, 2011, 02:41:54 PM
Noory said last week he only takes one week of his 3 weeks vacation a year, the week between Christmas and New Year's Day.
But the c2c schedule now shows he is also taking Thu and Fri off next week...
Rob Simone hosts on Thu and George Knapp on Fri next week.
Shhhhh!  Don't draw attention to this- just let it slide and whisper a prayer of thanks to the programming gods for a few more Nooryless nights.

Maybe George Noory is phasing himself out to boost ratings...

Though I notice the execs make the other hosts plug the Coast Insider. I like how Knapp still calls it streamlink and 'corrects' himself. I love Knapp.

b_dubb

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 30, 2011, 01:19:12 PM

I for one do not buy into the 'George is a good guy but he sucks on radio' thing. 

He doesn't ever seem prepared - to me that's pretty rude to the guests and listeners and not nice guy behavior.

We've documented many times when George - supposedly trying to be funny - has demeaned others publicly at meet and greets.  He likes to poke fun at Tommy, but gets testy when Tommy even nibbles around the edges of teasing George.  Great boss behavior, right.
What about the time he said " here's Linda Moulton Howell for her last appearance on Coast To Coast" and when LMH sounded like she was going to start bawling he said "just kidding". what an ass

Quote from: b_dubb on December 30, 2011, 10:14:10 PM
What about the time he said " here's Linda Moulton Howell for her last appearance on Coast To Coast" and when LMH sounded like she was going to start bawling he said "just kidding". what an ass

That was one of the worst things he ever did. If I remember correctly that was his laugh out loud April fools joke

Nebraska888

All of the above mentions of Noory being mean spirited are accurate.  I stand corrected, big time, when I wrote to John Wells that George is not a "bad guy".  I suppose I was attempting to be polite.  (smile)......I know, I know....mea culpa!

I want all of you to know that I received a quick reply from Wells that stated he understands that Coast fans would prefer to hear more about topics addressing the paranormal, ancient history, the unexplained, etc.... and his intention is to feature these programs in the future. 

I just love the energy and intelligence all of you exhibit on this site!  I am learning more and more how Coast fans are exceptional individuals.

As much as LMH makes me cringe, that is just plain foul. People like that deserved to be assraped by drunken street bums. And paperboy, spot on with that analysis. Noory is NOT A NICE MAN. Evil, dirty, dark, black-eyed motherfucker.

Quote from: HorrorReporter on December 30, 2011, 10:03:50 PM
Maybe George Noory is phasing himself out to boost ratings...

Though I notice the execs make the other hosts plug the Coast Insider. I like how Knapp still calls it streamlink and 'corrects' himself. I love Knapp.

They should have called it SteamLink.  Or SuckLink.

Or the phoney 'Tribute shows'.  George claimed frequent guest Glenn Kimball was a friend and promised a tribute show all week.  The last hour on Friday rolls around and they shove in a tape of a random partial interview with the guy and take off.  Some real class there.

radiopub

I just discovered this site and am thrilled to know i'm haven't been wandering in the dark screaming AM I THE ONLY ONE? like a character in Twilight Zone. When i first heard GN i was astonished that a national syndication firm would put him on and then keep him. Unlike AB, who had the subtle knowhow of keeping an afterhours show mysterious and pleasantly dark, this Noory guy was right out of am radio local daytalk and he has continued to bring those "daytime" values to c2c. I got so frustrated one time i actually fast blasted him for interviewing a guest that had been in the news over a pedestrian issue and he wrote back (sic) "Listen Pal. This is important news and what people are interest in." Memory fails exact stupid quote.

Anyway,  the point is that AB created, invented, the brand of C2C with his sense of mystery and entertainment, but Premiere let Noory trash it with his boring day talk that I never listened as I did to Art, opting mostly for the internet, books and sleep. It really is a shame that a big synd. co. doesn't get the value of a premium host that understood what c2c was about. I think they would attract a larger audience with more purchasing power-translated, make more money.

aldousburbank

A slight rearrangement of, and addition to your post General JJ:

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on December 31, 2011, 01:20:22 AM
People like that deserved to be assraped by drunken street bums. And paperboy...
People like that deserved to be assraped by drunken street bums, and the paperboy.

QuoteNoory is NOT A NICE MAN. Evil, dirty, dark, black-eyed motherfucker.

I would like to add lame, mouth-breathing, creepy, emotionally deformed, ugly, frumpy, and phony.  Cheers!

Lovely Bones

Quote from: radiopub on December 31, 2011, 06:33:13 AM
I just discovered this site and am thrilled to know i'm haven't been wandering in the dark screaming AM I THE ONLY ONE? like a character in Twilight Zone.

Many of us here know that feeling.  Welcome.

QuoteWhen i first heard GN i was astonished that a national syndication firm would put him on and then keep him. Unlike AB, who had the subtle knowhow of keeping an afterhours show mysterious and pleasantly dark, this Noory guy was right out of am radio local daytalk and he has continued to bring those "daytime" values to c2c. I got so frustrated one time i actually fast blasted him for interviewing a guest that had been in the news over a pedestrian issue and he wrote back (sic) "Listen Pal. This is important news and what people are interest in." Memory fails exact stupid quote.

Anyway,  the point is that AB created, invented, the brand of C2C with his sense of mystery and entertainment, but Premiere let Noory trash it with his boring day talk that I never listened as I did to Art, opting mostly for the internet, books and sleep. It really is a shame that a big synd. co. doesn't get the value of a premium host that understood what c2c was about. I think they would attract a larger audience with more purchasing power-translated, make more money.

I don't personally think the problem is Noory being "daytime."  I think the problem is that Noory sucks. He'd suck any time of night or day because he lacks the skills and traits that mark even an adequate (much less a good or great) talk show host.

But that's just my opinion. 

BobGrau

Quote from: Lovely Bones on December 31, 2011, 09:32:03 AM
Many of us here know that feeling.  Welcome.

I don't personally think the problem is Noory being "daytime."  I think the problem is that Noory sucks. He'd suck any time of night or day because he lacks the skills and traits that mark even an adequate (much less a good or great) talk show host.

But that's just my opinion.

I might be wrong, but I think noory was already a night-time host when he got c2c.
I've always assumed the problem was that someone at the network, charged with the task of replacing Art Bell, associated 'overnight talk radio' with 'calming babble, soothing the wackos and the lonely, droning inoffensively about nothing through the wee hours'. This is a great formula most of the time, but Art's show was supposed to be different.
George is good at what he does, but he shouldn't be doing it on Coast to Coast.

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 31, 2011, 09:28:45 AM
... People like that deserved to be assraped by drunken street bums, and the paperboy.

I would like to add lame, mouth-breathing, creepy, emotionally deformed, ugly, frumpy, and phony.  Cheers!

LOL!  Yuck, do the bums and I get any say in that?

Sardondi

The Problem With George Noory is that the man is just not very smart. As in middle-aged-sack-boy-at-the-supermarket not very smart. Maybe he's a little autistic too, because of his seeming inability to grasp the emotional tone of his guests' comments or the effect of his own. The inane questions, the out-of-left-field comments, the inappropriate remarks - it's like he has no clue as to how a real person acts and talks.

But most of Simple's George's annoying...infuriating...traits would take care of themselves if, by some miracle, some Christmas miracle, George could get another 30-40 points of IQ. Then at least he'd have a fighting chance at being aware of what he's doing, and might be able to change them.

But until we learn how to transfer a chimpanzee's intelligence to a human, I'm afraid George can't hope to have his intelligence increased. Sure, there have been advances in transferring intelligence from flatworms, but I just don't think George would get enough of a boost from worm DNA to make it feasible. For it to help George, he must have a significant boost in intelligence, and that can only come from the apes.

But at least we can dream that one day, someday, George will finally be of average intelligence.

b_dubb

if you've read your Ayn Rand ... the Snooron is Ellsworth Toohey.  the plotting, scheming politician who really does nothing on his own but rather seeks to subvert someone else's genius to further his own agenda.  and his agenda consisted of convincing the rest of the world what a great guy he is and to put a lot of cash in his pocket.  and (since he's a politicain of sorts) extend his sphere of influence beyond the local community, media

noory sucks

Tara

Quote from: b_dubb on December 31, 2011, 01:03:43 PM
if you've read your Ayn Rand ... the Snooron is Ellsworth Toohey.  the plotting, scheming politician who really does nothing on his own but rather seeks to subvert someone else's genius to further his own agenda.  and his agenda consisted of convincing the rest of the world what a great guy he is and to put a lot of cash in his pocket.  and (since he's a politicain of sorts) extend his sphere of influence beyond the local community, media

noory sucks

Re:  Ayn Rand and Atlas Shrugged
     Compared to Noory, Art Bell is John Galt, or at least Hank Reardon. 

Nebraska888

Quote from: Sardondi on December 31, 2011, 12:21:42 PM
The Problem With George Noory is that the man is just not very smart. As in middle-aged-sack-boy-at-the-supermarket not very smart. Maybe he's a little autistic too, because of his seeming inability to grasp the emotional tone of his guests' comments or the effect of his own. The inane questions, the out-of-left-field comments, the inappropriate remarks - it's like he has no clue as to how a real person acts and talks.

But most of Simple's George's annoying...infuriating...traits would take care of themselves if, by some miracle, some Christmas miracle, George could get another 30-40 points of IQ. Then at least he'd have a fighting chance at being aware of what he's doing, and might be able to change them.

But at least we can dream that one day, someday, George will finally be of average intelligence.

Amen!!!!!!!

Harmness

I find Noory more like James Taggart than Toohey.

radiopub

So I get home at 1.30 in the morn after shooting (i'm a photog not a rap artist) a New Year's street celebration on Beale st., turn on the box and like a ghost hovering between "get sexy abs" and the Brazil Butt Lift (which seems to be pretty good!) is George Noory (or a look alike for God's sakes?) shilling for a pill on heart health in an infomercial of demonstrating bad lighting, editing and content. Is there no shame i ask myself as i pour the first of three shots and listen laughingly to how Noory testifies he has "worked with" stroke victims (who hasn't sooner or later?). As he sits under harsh lighting, he might as well be saying, "Get on with it fools. I'm only as good until i lift my ass from this cheap sofa."

Non disclosure to his business relationship with Omega XL was the rule of the "production." Oh God, is there no shame to these hustlers? Who in their right mind would let George Noory endorse anything for them? Oh, i forgot, the market. Has anybody seen this one?

BobGrau

Quote from: radiopub on January 01, 2012, 03:01:27 AM
So I get home at 1.30 in the morn after shooting (i'm a photog not a rap artist) a New Year's street celebration on Beale st., turn on the box and like a ghost hovering between "get sexy abs" and the Brazil Butt Lift (which seems to be pretty good!) is George Noory (or a look alike for God's sakes?) shilling for a pill on heart health in an infomercial of demonstrating bad lighting, editing and content. Is there no shame i ask myself as i pour the first of three shots and listen laughingly to how Noory testifies he has "worked with" stroke victims (who hasn't sooner or later?). As he sits under harsh lighting, he might as well be saying, "Get on with it fools. I'm only as good until i lift my ass from this cheap sofa."

Non disclosure to his business relationship with Omega XL was the rule of the "production." Oh God, is there no shame to these hustlers? Who in their right mind would let George Noory endorse anything for them? Oh, i forgot, the market. Has anybody seen this one?

what does he need all this money for? Is he quietly building a spaceship or something?

Quote from: BobGrau on January 01, 2012, 06:57:20 AM
what does he need all this money for? Is he quietly building a spaceship or something?

Maybe people are corporations, too.
Oh, wait...

Morgus

all good things must come to an end, including our noory-free holiday week starting tonight with noory returning.  >:(
but we can look forward to a 4day noory-free weekend starting Thursday...  :D

Quote from: Morgus on January 01, 2012, 02:21:36 PM
all good things must come to an end, including our noory-free holiday week starting tonight with noory returning.  >:(

It doesn't have to come to an end.  I've been Noory free for well over a year.  Punnitt, Knapp free to, and have never listened to Simone or Wells either, but those are for other threads...

Wahnfried

*sigh* I just died a little inside.....

Quote from: Morgus on January 01, 2012, 02:21:36 PM

Morgus

A chill just went down my spine when the first hour guest tonight mentioned Noory's ten year anniversary of being the regular main c2cam host is coming up later this year.
Noory for a full decade already - thats longer than even Art Bell hosted the show without retirement interruptions...  :o

Vatar

It's amazing this shit is on the air.  I'm listing live and his bumper music sounded like some woman was being assaulted with a club.

Edit: I have reply number 11111 it's a sign...

rs1960

Quote from: Vatar on January 02, 2012, 12:36:11 AM
It's amazing this shit is on the air.  I'm listing live and his bumper music sounded like some woman was being assaulted with a club.

Edit: I have reply number 11111 it's a sign...
None of the other "artists" have sounded any better..... :o

astroguy

Curses.  I'm about a year behind on my C2C predictions round-up.  I was hoping to have them compiled from 2011 by 2012, but, well, that didn't happen.  I'll post 'em soon in a dedicated thread.  Meanwhile, in the spirit of the show tonight and the last two, I invite you to read my tally of hits and misses of 2010 C2C "psychic predictions."