• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Did Noory really say this?

Started by san miguel, June 25, 2013, 07:21:24 PM

san miguel

On the first page of the GNS thread, this is listed as a documented quote: "Do you think asteroids have a brain and know which side of the planet to crash into?"

That one seems a little hard to believe. Did anyone here actually hear that, and does anyone know when it was said? I'd love to find that show's recording.

Morgus

I never heard Noory ever say that on the air.
I've only seen it quoted on the internet starting at GLP I think.
Noory however has said plenty of other dumb things that can be confirmed every night...

Digitech

I absolutely believe he said it. It totally sounds like a something he would say, though I agree it would place among the dumbest things he ever said.

It would be great to actually hunt down the audio of all his worst quotes. Some time ago, a member named Anagrammy was keeping a spreadsheet of infamously bad Noory behavior and would update it nightly with each show. Before that, a guy named Meagle was posting to the forum each day with stand-out quotes from the previous night's show.

But how fun would it be to have a huge audio database of these quotes? Haha.

san miguel

Quote from: Digitech on June 27, 2013, 07:31:57 PM

But how fun would it be to have a huge audio database of these quotes? Haha.

It would be great if there were a Youtube channel dedicated to classic dumb Noory moments, like this one:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyl4vz_george-noory-caught-lying_fun?search_algo=2

There are old C2C shows being constantly put on Youtube, so they can be found. In fact, many of the "documented" quotes came from this July 19, 2007 show, which was just recently uploaded. I didn't listen to it, but it supposedly includes:

"If you raised a baby and beat it and kicked it and yelled at it, it would turn out to be a mean baby?"

"Let me tell you even I have learned some things here I didn't know about."

"If we all had our own solar system, we wouldn't have to worry about that."

"I would guess your mind is part of who you are."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_cTvVIYm14#

Quote from: san miguel on June 25, 2013, 07:21:24 PM
On the first page of the GNS thread, this is listed as a documented quote: "Do you think asteroids have a brain and know which side of the planet to crash into?"

That one seems a little hard to believe. Did anyone here actually hear that, and does anyone know when it was said? I'd love to find that show's recording.

I don't remember it, but you just have to put it in context.  Like, well, um...

Maybe, for example, Richard C. Hoagland, for instance, was talking about his ridiculous hypothesis of an intelligently controlled Comet Elenin.  Then perhaps George, trying to support Hoagland, responded in the stupidest way possible.  Yeah, that's it.

You see, you just needed to put it into perspective.  Anything can sound dumb when taken out of context.

Digitech

Quote from: san miguel on June 27, 2013, 08:41:32 PM
It would be great if there were a Youtube channel dedicated to classic dumb Noory moments, like this one:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyl4vz_george-noory-caught-lying_fun?search_algo=2

There are old C2C shows being constantly put on Youtube, so they can be found. In fact, many of the "documented" quotes came from this July 19, 2007 show, which was just recently uploaded. I didn't listen to it, but it supposedly includes:

"If you raised a baby and beat it and kicked it and yelled at it, it would turn out to be a mean baby?"

"Let me tell you even I have learned some things here I didn't know about."

"If we all had our own solar system, we wouldn't have to worry about that."

"I would guess your mind is part of who you are."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_cTvVIYm14#

I started listening to that to try and dig up the notorious quotes. I got 11 minutes in and gave up though, so boring and lame. I'll give it another try later today.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Digitech on June 29, 2013, 04:27:43 PM
I'll give it another try later today.

heh heh, let us know how that goes.

ziznak

Quote from: MV on June 30, 2013, 01:01:18 AM

heh heh, let us know how that goes.
I clicked that piece of shit too and jumped ahead to hear some bitch talking about abusing animals... its def a norry show... he just said amazing

Digitech

Haha, I noticed the 'amazing' comment which Noory says under his breath as she details the dog abuse incidents.

The 'Mean Baby' quote is at 31:02