• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

WildCard

Quote from: ItsOver on March 23, 2017, 01:40:51 PM
I haven't been able to listen to the old C2C shows with much of any interest since.  You don't have to worry about Premiere continuing to air old shows on Somewhere in Time on Saturdays, as far as I'm concerned.  I no longer listen.

ditto.
I'm not gonna do something crazy like throw my collection away though.

WildCard

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 23, 2017, 01:46:55 PM
As you see, he has indeed started many conversations.  Somehow I don't think these are what you meant though.

Can you provide examples, because I'm blanking on those.

You don't remember #FreeArtBell? That was the worst conversation ever.
I regret nothing. If you've never been a fool for anything, you're missin out.

Quote from: Ciardelo on March 22, 2017, 08:22:41 PM
gtfo, you and your "girlfriend" oy-vey. I'm wondering how come your "wife" never posts here....hmmm...you have an explanation?

Whatever, man. She doesn't post on here.  She has her facebook and that is enough for her.  She rarely posts there.  Not sure what your problem is.  I've been kind to you on this site and this is how you pay back?  I suggest you get over your bitterness about Art quitting and move on to healthier concerns.  There is more to life than radio. Yes, I've been disappointed in Art over the years but he has his reasons, I suppose.  I'd prefer he continue posting on this site as his is the name on the site.  If mv doesn't want Art to post on here maybe he should change the name of the site.  I urge all of you on here pissing on Bell to let go of your grudge.  You are doing yourselves no favors.  Why hang on to the bitterness?

https://vimeo.com/152278882

oy-way

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 23, 2017, 04:11:57 PM
Whatever, man. She doesn't post on here.  She has her facebook and that is enough for her.  She rarely posts there.  Not sure what your problem is.  I've been kind to you on this site and this is how you pay back?  I suggest you get over your bitterness about Art quitting and move on to healthier concerns.  There is more to life than radio. Yes, I've been disappointed in Art over the years but he has his reasons, I suppose.  I'd prefer he continue posting on this site as his is the name on the site.  If mv doesn't want Art to post on here maybe he should change the name of the site.  I urge all of you on here pissing on Bell to let go of your grudge.  You are doing yourselves no favors.  Why hang on to the bitterness?

I on the other hand urge you to go and direct traffic somewhere else.
Some of us prefer to hang on our opinions/bitterness, so leave us alone. And you are welcome to hang on Art's nut sack. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 23, 2017, 04:11:57 PM
If mv doesn't want Art to post on here maybe he should change the name of the site.

who suggested i don't want art to post here?  i'd love it if he posted here daily and ignored the rude things some people say to him.

Quote from: oy-vey on March 23, 2017, 04:26:10 PM
I on the other hand urge you to go and direct traffic somewhere else.
Some of us prefer to hang on our opinions/bitterness, so leave us alone. And you are welcome to hang on Art's nut sack.

Nah, I'm sticking around.  Thanks for the offer, though.  ;D Just because I don't deign to criticize Art any further, doesn't mean I grasp his balls.  He has his faults as all of us do.  You are only hurting yourself by hanging on to the bitterness.

ItsOver

Quote from: WildCard on March 23, 2017, 03:39:02 PM
You don't remember #FreeArtBell? That was the worst conversation ever.
I regret nothing. If you've never been a fool for anything, you're missin out.
LOL.  Man, was that ever a joke.  It should have been #FreeArtBellFromHimself.  ::)

Quote from: Σ> on March 23, 2017, 04:29:36 PM
who suggested i don't want art to post here?  i'd love it if he posted here daily and ignored the rude things some people say to him.

OK.  I apologize, mv. I just get tired of the shit that gets posted on here on a daily basis.  Not those that are unhappy with the way things turned out.  Shit, it took me a long time to get over it.  You, of all people, have the most to grumble about. That said, some posters post some vile shit about Art and it gets old real fast.  I can't blame Art for not posting on here though.  Nobody should have to wade through such shit.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 23, 2017, 04:35:45 PM
Nobody should have to wade through that shit.

i think perhaps his reaction to it encourages it.

Quote from: Σ> on March 23, 2017, 04:37:44 PM

Nah, these people post that shit whenever Art deigns to make an appearance.  Half of the time he has ignored it.  Sure he reacts to it sometimes and it usually doesn't help.

Lilith

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 23, 2017, 04:42:58 PM
Nah, these people post that shit whenever Art deigns to make an appearance.  Half of the time he has ignored it.  Sure he reacts to it sometimes and it usually doesn't help.

For a moment there, I thought you were talking about Falkie.  :o

My bad.  :-[

ItsOver

Quote from: Σ> on March 23, 2017, 04:37:44 PM
Yes.  Most definitely.  Most people don't enjoy feeling like they're being played.  Especially his former fans.

ItsOver

Quote from: brig ☕ on March 23, 2017, 04:58:25 PM
For a moment there, I thought you were talking about Falkie.  :o

My bad.  :-[

Can I get a "praise MV?"

Art handled the exit horribly. I'm not pissed off, just disappointed that after years of similar situations he couldn't handle it better. Art doesn't owe anyone anything. But it for sure should have been handled more professionally. Art doesn't help by occasionally making comments teasing he will fill in and never doing it. Either do it or stop saying it's a possibility. Also, if Art wanted to help his friends Keith and Heather he would fill in, instead of just teasing it. Heather was put in no win situation and hasn't handled situation well with bellgab, which is under statement. I rarely listen but when I have, she is improving.

Quote from: ItsOver on March 23, 2017, 05:10:00 PM
Yes.  Most definitely.  Most people don't enjoy feeling like they're being played.  Especially his former fans.

Just to be clear,  my criticisms aren't aimed at people like you and paperboy who have been extremely disappointed by Art and have legitimate criticisms to make of him and the way he handled his retirements.  I think Art should reply to criticisms leveled at him by paperboy and some others.  Art is not without fault for the way things turned out.  All I'm suggesting is for people to be somewhat courteous and lay off posting the vile shit.

Quote from: nooryisawesomeâ,,¢ on March 23, 2017, 05:23:41 PM
Art handled the exit horribly. I'm not pissed off, just disappointed that after years of similar situations he couldn't handle it better. Art doesn't owe anyone anything. But it for sure should have been handled more professionally. Art doesn't help by occasionally making comments teasing he will fill in and never doing it. Either do it or stop saying it's a possibility. Also, if Art wanted to help his friends Keith and Heather he would fill in, instead of just teasing it. Heather was put in no win situation and hasn't handled situation well with bellgab, which is under statement. I rarely listen but when I have, she is improving.

That is exactly how I feel though I never take him seriously when he says he might fill in for Heather.  I'll believe it when I see it.

ItsOver

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 23, 2017, 05:24:24 PM
Just to be clear,  my criticisms aren't aimed at people like you and paperboy who have been extremely disappointed by Art and have legitimate criticisms to make of him and the way he handled his retirements.  I think Art should reply to criticisms leveled at him by paperboy and some others.  Art is not without fault for the way things turned out.  All I'm suggesting is for people to be somewhat courteous and lay off posting the vile shit.
No probs here, 21st.  I'm just glad MV isn't locked into nonstop Bell-love.

ItsOver

Quote from: brig ☕ on March 23, 2017, 05:21:14 PM
Praise MV!
Thank yeeewww!  Thank yeeewww very much!"

Quote from: ItsOver on March 23, 2017, 05:28:00 PM
No probs here, 21st.  I'm just glad MV isn't locked into nonstop Bell-love.

Ugh, I don't want this forum to be like shirleypal's forums, may she rest in peace.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: nooryisawesomeâ,,¢ on March 23, 2017, 05:23:41 PM
I rarely listen but when I have, she is improving.

i don't agree.  i think she was better when she hosted the gabcast and wasn't doing an impression of art bell with ovaries.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 23, 2017, 05:33:57 PM
Ugh, I don't want this forum to be like shirleypal's forums, may she rest in peace.

she and i used to talk on the phone from time to time.  i enjoyed her, but i could tell she was a bit militant.

mikuthing01

I feel like miku is being called out in this thread for stuff she did not do. miku is a nice girl who is a fan of Art's rockin tiddies, she is not bitter about Art quitting. miku is a chaotic neutral and a free spirit, she does what she wants!

ItsOver

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 23, 2017, 05:33:57 PM
Agreed.  MV runs one of the best forums on the net.  It works for me.

oy-way

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 23, 2017, 05:26:22 PM
That is exactly how I feel though I never take him seriously when he says he might fill in for Heather.  I'll believe it when I see it.

Sooooo are you suggesting that Art is or lying to us or bullshitting to trick suckers into subscribing to MITD at $5/month, or perhaps both. 
O really you can see his voice. Strange because I can only hear it.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ItsOver on March 23, 2017, 05:44:36 PM
MV runs one of the best forums on the net.

Turbo Mode engaged.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: oy-vey on March 23, 2017, 05:50:46 PM
Sooooo are you suggesting that Art is or lying to us or bullshitting to trick suckers into subscribing to MITD at $5/month, or perhaps both. 
O really you can see his voice. Strange because I can only hear it.

i think art wants to do it, but i suspect he has anxiety over getting behind the mic.

damon

Quote from: ItsOver on March 23, 2017, 05:44:36 PM
Agreed.  MV runs one of the best forums on the net.  It works for me.
What are you saying? I thought that Bellgab was the only forum out on the interwebs. oh well.

ItsOver

Quote from: Σ> link=topic=30.msg1027411#hmsg1027411 date=1490313058
Turbo Mode engaged.
Thank you!  I've got the pedal to the metal!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Damon on March 23, 2017, 05:53:57 PM
What are you saying? I thought that Bellgab was the only forum out on the interwebs. oh well.

it is.  there are no other forums.  your beliefs are confirmed.