• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Alex Jones

Started by Frys Girl, April 07, 2009, 08:57:10 PM

onan

Quote from: The General on January 23, 2011, 12:37:29 AM
The left has Michael Moore.
The right has Alex Jones.
They're about equal. 
Both of them so far off the beaten path that they marginalize themselves.

I haven't seen every Michael Moore film. But I have seen a few, what I have walked away with is a sense that, the middle class has few defenders. I have walked away thinking the middle class or more accurately the working poor make significant sacrifices that largely go unrecognized. I remember having a large dose of contempt for those that have made erroneous decisions that cost the mainstream their savings, health, and lives.

What I get from Alex Jones is a large helping pf paranoia. That the only real solution is anarchy and no taxes.

Really not the same thing and shame on you for equivocating.

b_dubb

Quote from: Lena on January 23, 2011, 12:43:31 AM
documented: National Emergency Centers Establishment Act
and here's one of the camps visited - currently empty, waiting for happy families:
CENSORED FROM TV! JESSE VENTURA'S CONSPIRACY THEORY S02E04 - POLICE STATE, FEMA CAMPS...Part 3 of 3

This residential facility is probably used to keep people here illegally from escape before they can be deported.  Or maybe it is a detention center.  For people who are here illegally.  I'm trying to think of another way to say the same thing but I can't. 

As for the coffins ... everyone on Earth has a 'pre-need' for a coffin.  These TV documentaries feature a lot of slick editing.  Don't think for two seconds they won't set up a shot just to support their premise.  Ventura and Jones aren't investigative journalists.  They're entertainers.  And I feel like I'm being really generous with that

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Immigration_and_Customs_Enforcement

b_dubb

Quote from: onan on January 23, 2011, 12:52:16 AM
I haven't seen every Michael Moore film. But I have seen a few, what I have walked away with is a sense that, the middle class has few defenders. I have walked away thinking the middle class or more accurately the working poor make significant sacrifices that largely go unrecognized. I remember having a large dose of contempt for those that have made erroneous decisions that cost the mainstream their savings, health, and lives.

What I get from Alex Jones is a large helping pf paranoia. That the only real solution is anarchy and no taxes.

agreed

Marc.Knight

I am mostly on the conservative side of the political spectrum, but I completely agree with you.  I think that Mr. Jones has alienated himself by embracing anti-rationalism and by making conspiracy theories into a commodity.  He represents only himself.

As for Michael Moore, he's evolved from being a wide-eyed idealist to a social justice realist. 

Lena

you doubted that Fema camps exist, and I proved you wrong.
No point in going on now. Also, your assumption that these camps are for illegal aliens is ridiculous, since the US government doesn't do sh*t to keep them out in the first place, and if the cops find some, they sure dont hold them anyway.
They may be used for good or evil purposes. The future will tell.
You know, German KZs weren't labeled as death camps either. They had a nice "work sets you free" sign at the entrance. :)

and dont make a fool of yourself talking so disrespectfully of the Israeli radiation victims.
The Knesset passed a law in 1994 to provide survivors some compensation, which they probably wouldn't do if they felt they were not guilty.

b_dubb

we're not NAZI Germany.  even if Alex Jones says we are

the compensation to the ringworm victims was made to pay for medical treatments caused by the radiation therapy.  not as part of an apology for wrong doing.  this was a medical treatment for a real disease that had unforseen long term side effects.

you haven't proven shit.  you copy and paste some vague language about emergency centers and call it proof.  you're the one following Alex Jones blindly. you've been brainwashed by Alex Jones. 

Lena

wow, now you're angry and cant even admit you lost your own bet.
bad loser really.
I posted you one bill that explicitly declares such centers to be established.
if you want the complete bill ask google.
bad bad loser. I pity you.

Lena

Quote from: b_dubb on January 23, 2011, 01:38:58 AM
we're not NAZI Germany.  even if Alex Jones says we are
Counting together all your countries crimes, the US are worse than Nazi Germany in my opinion.
You aren't the most hated country on the planet for no reason.
But I still love your country, there's hope for improvment, *real* patriots are on the rise - they just have a hard job to do with all your dumbed down population.

b_dubb

Quote from: Lena on January 23, 2011, 01:43:23 AM
wow, now you're angry and cant even admit you lost your own bet.
bad loser really.
I posted you one bill that explicitly declares such centers to be established.
if you want the complete bill ask google.
bad bad loser. I pity you.

did you join this forum just to attack it's members?  don't pity me.  your vague language calls for emergency centers.  if you call that proof, then call it proof.  i feel sorry for you because you can't see how this low budget tv show and these two clowns are manipulating you

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Lena on January 23, 2011, 01:46:28 AM
Counting together all your countries crimes, the US are worse than Nazi Germany in my opinion.

Lena, I finally tracked down your real picture!  The USA is hated because of simple minded, uneducated human beings such as yourself.  No country is perfect, but imagine the world politically dominated by China or Iran.  But, I forget, that would take some critical thinking skills.

b_dubb

Lena ... here is what a link to documentation looks like ...

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:h645:

that's what i asked for originally. 

now ... at first glance ... i see language about emergency centers on military installations.  how does that translate to FEMA camp? 

also ... this is from Jan. 2009.  i think Alex's first FEMA camp story/accusation precedes this legislation by several years, right?

b_dubb

Quote from: Lena on January 23, 2011, 01:14:25 AMAlso, your assumption that these camps are for illegal aliens is ridiculous, since the US government doesn't do sh*t to keep them out in the first place, and if the cops find some, they sure dont hold them anyway.

recent news headline: US begins deporting Haitian illegal immigrants back to Haiti recently.  the deportation practice was suspended because of the conditions in Haiti.

we do deport illegal immigrants.  i know it's hard to believe.  but it happens

b_dubb

Quote from: Marc Knight on January 23, 2011, 01:52:39 AM

Marc ... this was kind of a cheap shot.  But ... god damn ... how sad is this?  he's got the toilet right there.  and a bottle of lotion right next to his computer.  holy ass this is flat out wrong!!!  if this guy has any family they need to do an intervention yesterday and bolt the doors so he can't let the pizza delivery guys in

Lena

your link produces an empty page. but dont worry. i know the bill.

haiti.. well may be some reason to ship them back. they have to do something once in a while to cover their backs.
mexicans usually stay. would probably return anyway 24h after deportation. :)

@Marc Knight.
I see you have some kind of obsession with fat ugly people, and the humor of an underage boy,
but please keep it to yourself. it really is not a pretty sight :)

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Lena on January 23, 2011, 02:03:36 AM
your link produces an empty page. but dont worry. i know the bill.

haiti.. well may be some reason to ship them back. they have to do something once in a while to cover their backs.

@Marc Knight.
I see you have some kind of obsession with fat ugly people, and the humor of an underage boy,
but please keep it to yourself. it really is not a pretty sight :)

Thanks for the compliment.  May I suggest that you return to elementary school and do your homework this time.  I will answer your original question... Anyone who adheres to the type of world-view that Alex Jones does is a nutbar.

Lena

Quote from: b_dubb on January 23, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
Lena ... here is what a link to documentation looks like ...

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:h645:

that's what i asked for originally. 

now ... at first glance ... i see language about emergency centers on military installations.  how does that translate to FEMA camp? 

also ... this is from Jan. 2009.  i think Alex's first FEMA camp story/accusation precedes this legislation by several years, right?

It does not matter from which year the bill is. it proves the creation of federal emergency camps, and FEMA is resposible for federal emergencies obviously.

Also, it's not like this was invented in 2009. Take Rex84 for example:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rex_84

QuoteRex 84, short for Readiness Exercise 1984, is a contingency plan developed by the United States federal government to suspend the United States Constitution, declare martial law, place military commanders in charge of state and local governments, and detain large numbers of American citizens who were deemed to be "national security threats", in the event that the President declared a "State of Domestic National Emergency". The plan stated that events that might cause such a declaration would be widespread U.S. opposition to a U.S. military invasion abroad, such as if the United States were to directly invade Central America[1][2][3][4][5][6]. To combat what the government perceived as "subversive activities", the plan also authorized the military to direct ordered movements of civilian populations at state and regional levels.[7]

Rex 84 was written by Lieutenant Colonel Oliver North, who was both National Security Council White House Aide, and NSC liaison to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), and John Brinkerhoff, the deputy director of "national preparedness" programs for FEMA. They patterned the plan on a 1970 report written by FEMA chief Louis Giuffrida, at the Army War College, which proposed the detention of up to 21 million "American Negroes", if there were a black militant uprising in the United States.[1] [8] Existence of a master military contingency plan (of which REX-84 was a part), "Garden Plot" and a similar earlier exercise, "Lantern Spike" were originally revealed by journalist Ron Ridenhour, who summarized his findings in "Garden Plot and the New Action Army."[9]

Rex 84 was publicly mentioned during the Iran-Contra Hearings in 1987. [10][11] Transcripts from the hearing in the New York Times record the following dialogue between Congressman Jack Brooks, North's attorney Brendan Sullivan and Senator Daniel Inouye, the Democratic Chair of the Committee[12]:

[Congressman Jack] Brooks: Colonel North, in your work at the N.S.C. were you not assigned, at one time, to work on plans for the continuity of government in the event of a major disaster?

Brendan Sullivan [North's counsel, agitatedly]: Mr. Chairman?

[Senator Daniel] Inouye: I believe that question touches upon a highly sensitive and classified area so may I request that you not touch upon that?

Brooks: I was particularly concerned, Mr. Chairman, because I read in Miami papers, and several others, that there had been a plan developed, by that same agency, a contingency plan in the event of emergency, that would suspend the American constitution. And I was deeply concerned about it and wondered if that was an area in which he had worked. I believe that it was and I wanted to get his confirmation.

Inouye: May I most respectfully request that that matter not be touched upon at this stage. If we wish to get into this, I'm certain arrangements can be made for an executive session.

Exercises similar to Rex 84 happen regularly.[13] For example, from 1967 to 1971 the FBI kept a list of over 100,000 persons to be rounded up as subversive, dubbed the "ADEX" list.[14]

The basic facts about Rex 84 and other contingency planning readiness exercisesâ€"and the potential threat they pose to civil liberties if fully implemented in a real operationâ€"are taken seriously by scholars and civil libertarians.[15]

Oliver North Questioned - Rex 84 Exposed During Iran Contra
Congress is kept away from Rex 84 FEMA camp Martial Law plan

b_dubb

you've been making so many outlandish claims that i can't take anything of what you say seriously.  as most here (at this forum/site) know, i'm not an establishment guy.  i don't think the sun shines out of washington's ass.  our government has a long history of doing monstrously shitty things.  but that is separate from what Alex Jones is cooking up.  the guy is a fast talking huckster with books and movies to sell.   he's motivated by money.  like a lot of us he's probably got a mortgage to pay.  but that doesn't excuse him from fucking with everyone's head for profit

b_dubb

Marc ... i like how your photo changed from one fat white guy to another fat white guy.  very tricky.  was that by accident?  or ... part of conspiracy to undermine Alex Jones's profit margin err... credibility? 

dun dun DUUUUNNNNNNN

b_dubb

Quote from: Lena on January 23, 2011, 02:03:36 AM

more ...

http://www.pri.org/politics-society/us-resumes-haitian-deportation2555.html

Mexicans?  really?  i don't think you're cute or funny.  this is a tad racist.  and a big boo.

Lena

Quote from: b_dubb on January 23, 2011, 03:20:47 AM
you've been making so many outlandish claims that i can't take anything of what you say seriously.  as most here (at this forum/site) know, i'm not an establishment guy.  i don't think the sun shines out of washington's ass.  our government has a long history of doing monstrously shitty things.  but that is separate from what Alex Jones is cooking up.  the guy is a fast talking huckster with books and movies to sell.   he's motivated by money.  like a lot of us he's probably got a mortgage to pay.  but that doesn't excuse him from fucking with everyone's head for profit
so many outlandish claims did I make? You don't seem to be able to disprove anything I wrote.
You challenged me to show you documents, I did, and you're such a bad loser. Now you're afraid of the facts and documents, and switch the "he's in for the money". You're really a sad ignorant. Whatever, I dont believe blindly in all Alex Jones says. All his videos are on youtube 100% free, hist radioshow is 100% free - that's better than even Coast to Coast - but of course he also needs to make a living - somehow.

I suggest you listen freely to his show: http://www.infowars.com/
and sit in a corner shamefully for an hour.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: b_dubb on January 23, 2011, 03:25:58 AM
Marc ... i like how your photo changed from one fat white guy to another fat white guy.  very tricky.  was that by accident?  or ... part of conspiracy to undermine Alex Jones's profit margin err... credibility? 

dun dun DUUUUNNNNNNN

The sad truth is that the skill of logical, critical thinking is no longer taught sufficiently in the USA and many other countries.  Strange, unsubstantiated ideas will always be generated and equated with established truths.  Most people would prefer to remain comfortably shepherded by purveyors of half-truths and deceptions.  It is tough to think.

As for the photo, I think this guy had something to do with it.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Lena on January 23, 2011, 04:10:09 AM
so many outlandish claims did I make? You don't seem to be able to disprove anything I wrote.
You challenged me to show you documents, I did, and you're such a bad loser. Now you're afraid of the facts and documents, and switch the "he's in for the money". You're really a sad ignorant. Whatever, I dont believe blindly in all Alex Jones says. All his videos are on youtube 100% free, hist radioshow is 100% free - that's better than even Coast to Coast - but of course he also needs to make a living - somehow.

I suggest you listen freely to his show: http://www.infowars.com/
and sit in a corner shamefully for an hour.

Lena,

I interpreted this as a very innocent, kind of sad statement from you.  We're not trying to be insulting, but if this discussion opens your mind even a little bit, it was worth it.  Use that sharp mind you have to investigate questions on your own, rather than listening to someone like Jones.

Lena

among the blind, the one-eyed is king.
dont forget to open your own mind while condescendingly giving the advice to others.

Silent

Lena!  Stop worshiping media idols!  OMG!

heater

This thread had been brought to you by the great people at Survival Seeds.  They care more about you than profit.  But only if you buy the seeds!

fabucat

Quote from: Do you think it was angels? on January 22, 2011, 03:31:25 PM
Much of what Alex says is well-documented and disturbing.  When he tries to connect the dots, sometimes he gets lost.  Controlled Demolition is a major distraction.  I'm not too sure about his thesis of planned genocide.  Like many conspiracy types, he seems to have little contact with the business community or those in government, so I don't think he quite understands how such people think.

I don't know Jones' background.  He does appear to be an extreme libertarian.  This is perfectly fine.  There's a lot on his website that are distractions: the damned birth certificate (talk about BORING); the Bohemians Club (just a symbol for a bunch of rich assholes who are screwing all of us--if it went away, they'd invent another one); and the North American Union (how the f*ck could anyone absorb Mexico when it's in a state of violence civil war?). 

Then again Jones presents issues that the Tea Party crowd otherwise would have little expose to, such as Constitutional violations by the DHS, Wikileaks, etc.  Just like with any media outlet, you need to have some healthy skepticism. 

Sorry, Lena, I hate to attack your God, but he's a mortal human just like the rest of us.  Jones fans appear to have such a slavish devotion to the man that's a little obsessive. 

fabucat

Quote from: KnyeGuy on January 23, 2011, 12:09:13 AM
I think Alex Jones is most likely into the conspiracy theories for money...Although I wouldn't  be surprised if he were a purposeful disinformation agent of the so-called powers that be.
Sure he gives out some good information, but most of his act is nothing but "hype" and "sensationalism."
He takes a story and over dramatizes the [mostly] useless points to meet the need for sensationalism.

Case in point was his film about Bohemian Grove. There was no evidence of anything happening there beyond some ridiculous 'frat' type nonsense.
Also, there would be no way in hell that an all powerful secret society would even allow Alex close to ANY of their actual meeting sites or even let him LIVE (unless of course, he is one of their disinfo jockeys).

I'm into conspiracies (and no, I do NOT think that all of the 911 questions have been answered) but I believe Alex Jones is nothing but a Frauding sack of shit.
If you are going to seek the truth regarding any sort of conspiracy theory , stay away from Alex Jones (among others).

AJ = Disinformation Agent or Money Grubbing Asshole.

I think that Jones is a pure libertarian.  That certainly doesn't mean that he's not also a money-grubber.  Yet there are easier ways to make money than to stir up the crazies.  (Work in the corporate-fascist-welfare state-for-crony-capitalists).  He may be making bank, but he's also a true believer.  I'd like to know who is funding him.  If it's the Koch Brothers, then he's a fraud.  Given the current information that I know about the guy, which is next to nothing, I just don't know. 

fabucat

I totally agree.  You'll be shocked to know that I think that the worst film Moore made was "Bowling for Columbine" and that's because he took the dickhead schtick that worked well for him in "Roger & Me" and tormented a man suffering with Alzheimers AKA Charleston Heston.  Not fair and not moral.  Otherwise, I like everything Moore has done. 

I find that there's a lot of screaming butterflies in Alex Jones' work.  A lot of it I just can't digest because if I believed everything he said, I'd commit suicide, because the world he describes is so wretched, so devoid of anything good and hopeful, there doesn't appear to be any reason to keep on living.  Maybe we're each living an illusorially happy life, with false hopes, beliefs and dreams.  Living in Alex's world of paranoid is hardly living at all. 

fabucat

Quote from: Lena on January 23, 2011, 01:46:28 AM
But I still love your country, there's hope for improvment, *real* patriots are on the rise - they just have a hard job to do with all your dumbed down population.

So I gather that you're not an American.  Have you even *been* in the USA?  The only way in which the US was worse than the Nazis is that the US people and government successfully, pretty much, exterminated the religions and cultures of the American Indian.  The Nazis failed in exterminating the Jewish religion and culture.  As we all know, the State of Israel is a success story.  The US has done bad things since then and will again.  Is there any country free of sin?  Please let me know if there is.   To say that the US is *worse* than the Nazis is disgusting trash, and I'm saying this as someone who is extremely liberal, almost a socialist, highly critical of and furious with my government. 

fabucat

Quote from: themudking on January 23, 2011, 10:49:48 AM
This thread had been brought to you by the great people at Survival Seeds.  They care more about you than profit.  But only if you buy the seeds!

Don't forget to buy more gold!  The world is ending right now!