• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dave Schrader

Started by NowhereInTime, March 16, 2013, 06:20:57 PM

coaster

I tuned in.  Enjoyed the "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken" reference.

Morgus

Quote from: coaster on September 19, 2014, 11:45:02 PM
Enjoyed the "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken" reference.
"Ghost and Mr. Chicken"
That might be a more appropriate name for Noory's Halloween shows instead of reusing Art Bell's "Ghost To Ghost" name.

Scully

Dave Schrader just tried to jokingly calm the guests' nerves by telling them to pretend there's no one listening to them except him and Coast's 15 million listeners.  Wonder who threw him that figure? :o

SnoorysStache

Right on. Dave put the kibosh on that Bible quoting lady.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Scully on September 20, 2014, 01:47:04 AM
Dave Schrader just tried to jokingly calm the guests' nerves by telling them to pretend there's no one listening to them except him and Coast's 15 million listeners.  Wonder who threw him that figure? :o

That is a step down from voodoo lady Denise Alvarado who was on the show, and claimed on Facebook C2C had 230 million. It appears even the guests and hosts number of listeners are dropping, hahaha. 230-15 million in a couple of months.

\George Noory sucks.

Nebraska888

Quote from: Morgus on September 20, 2014, 12:06:42 AM
"Ghost and Mr. Chicken"
That might be a more appropriate name for Noory's Halloween shows instead of reusing Art Bell's "Ghost To Ghost" name.

So true........Art's GHOST TO GHOST was creepy!  Noory's is a joke.

Edge

I caught the show about the sallie house last night. Is it just me or do these people just scream bullshit?

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Edge on September 21, 2014, 01:50:31 PM
I caught the show about the sallie house last night. Is it just me or do these people just scream bullshit?
Well, for me, that would make them typical ghost witnesses. Decades of "investigation' and still no convincing evidence whatsoever.  I'm afraid (no pun intended) that over-exposure on C2C and cable TV have just killed the fun in ghost stories if not all topics paranormal and strange.  My wife watches the ghost hunter shows on cable and for the life of me, I can't understand what anyone sees in them.  Bell's Halloween ghost shows were decent, but then again, they were novel and before of 10 years of saturation the subject.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on September 21, 2014, 02:27:26 PM
Well, for me, that would make them typical ghost witnesses. Decades of "investigation' and still no convincing evidence whatsoever.  I'm afraid (no pun intended) that over-exposure on C2C and cable TV have just killed the fun in ghost stories if not all topics paranormal and strange.  My wife watches the ghost hunter shows on cable and for the life of me, I can't understand what anyone sees in them.  Bell's Halloween ghost shows were decent, but then again, they were novel and before of 10 years of saturation the subject.

It's certainly destroyed any fear or belief I might have once had in the paranormal.  When practically every guest I research has fraudulent credentials, or just clearly make false statements, I think it's pretty revealing as to the credibility of the subjects.  Then again, maybe the 'alternative' media has a secret agenda to make anyone curious about this stuff look ridiculous.

Edge

Well I still love a good ghost story. The exorcist guy that Dave had on last week was a good show, with some "scary" stories about demons and what not. But these people at the Sallie house just seem like such bullshitters. The psycho husband murdered a stray cat, so there must be demons in the house possessing him? Nah maybe he is just nuts, or full of it, either way they seem like charlatans.

Ruteger

Dave "the robot" Schrader. This guy has no emotion whatsoever. His monotone, emotionless interviews are why C2C is dying...

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Ruteger on September 21, 2014, 06:32:43 PM
Dave "the robot" Schrader. This guy has no emotion whatsoever. His monotone, emotionless interviews are why C2C is dying...
IMO, he's the best Noory stand-in on the current roster.  (Knapp is, of course, tops...but he's a regular...for now.)

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 21, 2014, 02:33:49 PM
It's certainly destroyed any fear or belief I might have once had in the paranormal.  When practically every guest I research has fraudulent credentials, or just clearly make false statements, I think it's pretty revealing as to the credibility of the subjects.   Then again, maybe the 'alternative' media has a secret agenda to make anyone curious about this stuff look ridiculous.

Absolutely.  For every Bruce Maccabee and Col John Alexander, there are loads of delusional nutjobs and flat out liars like Bob Lazar, Richard Hoagland, and Whitley Strieber.  The frustrating part is when those with real background in the areas these scam artists talk about challenge them, we are "skeptics", "debunkers" or "disinformation agents".

Nebraska888

Quote from: VtaGeezer on September 21, 2014, 06:40:03 PM
IMO, he's the best Noory stand-in on the current roster.  (Knapp is, of course, tops...but he's a regular...for now.)

Yep!   8)

I hope C2C goes "good dave" heavy for the Halloween season. Otherwise, their is really no reason to tune in.

Also I hope Schrader has some good stuff planned for Darkness radio for the month. 

scottydawg

Uncle Duke, Whats that I hear? "Flat out liars like Bob Lazar, Richard Hoagland, and Whitley Strieber"
I'm shocked! :o SHOCKED I say that you don't believe them. They are like the Father, Son and Holy Ghost of C2C!
How Dare you Sir! You've seen thru the veil of Royal Mongolian Horseshit and Sunshine Blowing! >:(
A C2C Strike Team is on it way to your house right now in their Supped Up Yugo Response Vehicle.
You will be held down and forced fed Carnivora capsules, Roasty Toasty Pizza rolls all washed down with gallons of psychedelic
Kool-Aid. Then you will be forced to kiss Pope Jorch's Cracker Jack  ring and beg for forgiveness! :P

paladin1991

Quote from: scottydawg on September 25, 2014, 09:14:02 AM
Then you will be forced to kiss Pope Jorch's Cracker Jack  ring and beg for forgiveness! :P
Is it a cock ring?

paladin1991

Ouija boards.  George is probably in his bed with the lights on, crying.

tommy is bringing him cold pizza rolls and a diet coke to make it all better.

Scully

Quote from: VtaGeezer on September 21, 2014, 06:40:03 PM
Agreed.

I was disappointed to hear Dave say as he closed out the show tonight that he would be back at the end of the month.

Best case scenario is that maybe he'll be doing the Halloween show, but what do we have to look forward to between now and then?

Morgus

Quote from: Scully on October 05, 2014, 03:18:53 AM
Best case scenario is that maybe he'll be doing the Halloween show
no chance of that since last night on the air Noory was crowing all about his upcoming Ghost to Ghost show he would be hosting Halloween night.
Noory first said it would be a FULL show of callers, but then added plus the first hour with a special guest.
That means its not a FULL show of callers only then doesn't it?  :o

zeebo

Dave was pretty good tonite, despite hitting a sour note when he mocked one caller's cell phone connection after he'd just told a rather traumatic story.

Also, I don't buy this hippy-dippy theory that ouija boards are some kind of mirror that just "reflect back to you what you're putting out".  I think they're alot more how someone else on coast once described, that it's like showing up at a bus station at 3am and asking around if anyone feels like chatting - i.e. you just don't know what you'll run into.

I for one had mostly positive experiences, which personally I'm totally convinced were real encounters, but decided to quit while I was ahead and haven't gone near them in many years.  I've said this before here - ouija boards are not a "game".

Gal in Black

Quote from: Scully on October 05, 2014, 03:18:53 AM
Agreed.

I was disappointed to hear Dave say as he closed out the show tonight that he would be back at the end of the month.

Best case scenario is that maybe he'll be doing the Halloween show, but what do we have to look forward to between now and then?

Snooron, Syrett, Lisa Garr....quite a lineup, eh? LOL. Maybe more Knapp. That would be sweet.

Gal in Black

Quote from: zeebo on October 05, 2014, 03:38:41 AM
Dave was pretty good tonite, despite hitting a sour note when he mocked one caller's cell phone connection after he'd just told a rather traumatic story.

Also, I don't buy this hippy-dippy theory that ouija boards are some kind of mirror that just "reflect back to you what you're putting out".  I think they're alot more how someone else on coast once described, that it's like showing up at a bus station at 3am and asking around if anyone feels like chatting - i.e. you just don't know what you'll run into.

I for one had mostly positive experiences, which personally I'm totally convinced were real encounters, but decided to quit while I was ahead and haven't gone near them in many years.  I've said this before here - ouija boards are not a "game".

I'm one of those who believes Quija boards are nothing but a game. Just a freaking game manufactured by Milton Bradley or whoever. C'mon, the paranormal hucksters have just grabbed onto something new and shiny to give it some paranormal and scary powers and create some powerful new money-making scheme. Just a game, folks. Don't believe a word of it.

yumyumtree

I was quite disgusted with the Schraeder show last night.  All the important stuff going on in the world and they want to rehash Ouija board stuff?  Was a Ouija board involved in the original case on which the Exorcist was based, I wonder?  I'm guessing no, since they changed so much other stuff in the story.  I like Led Zeppelin ( a little less now that I'm not 14 anymore) too  but still have to wonder how many drugs the one guest ingested.

zeebo

Quote from: Gal in Black on October 05, 2014, 09:36:27 AM
I'm one of those who believes Quija boards are nothing but a game. Just a freaking game manufactured by Milton Bradley or whoever. ...

All I can say is in spite of my generally scientific perspective and skeptical nature (check my other posts), I have no doubt there is something real going on with these boards.  Theoretically maybe it's some kind of psychological feedback loop or whatever, but I don't even buy that.  My experiences went way beyond anything that could be explained that way (e.g. getting information I couldn't know and communications using language/dialects I didn't know, etc.). 

I've never seen a ufo, or a bigfoot, and my one "ghost" sighting is questionable .... However the epxeriences I had over many sessions with different people on the ouija I cannot deny.  I can't explain conclusively what it is, but it's not just your friend pushing the planchette around, no way.  Many people who've had experiences such as mine would agree. 

One might ask btw, if there is no real phenomenon happening, then why have they been so popular over the last century?  I mean after the first few minutes of joking around then you'd just be sitting there staring at nothing happening.  There is no doubt in my mind that I felt the planchette moving around via some force, some will that was not my own (or my trusted friend's).  I actually felt different levels and types of energy.  It sounds crazy maybe as it's so outside our normal daily reality but to me it was clearly a real, visceral experience and I just want to caution people who do experiement with it, not to think it's a toy. 

b_dubb

My Ouija board is made of pressed particle board and a decal sticker. I used it as a tray for my laptop when I would work while sitting in my lazyboy.

I keep it around in case asshole radio hosts stop by and won't leave.

albrecht

Show was pretty good. Though I didn't like that all the guests "agreed" with each other too much, even though clearly from the stories one guest in particular thought the Ouija board was evil (or at least could bring out the evil in people.) But I couldn't help thinking: "So Ouija Board Show was given to Schrader because Norry is too afraid of the boards to do it." I'm glad it was with Schrader though.

WOTR

Quote from: b_dubb on October 05, 2014, 07:26:24 PM
I keep it around in case asshole radio hosts stop by and won't leave.
That has to be the best use for a board that I have read.  The chances of that event occurring are pretty slim... But it is far better to be prepared for such a possibility than be left completely defenseless and at the mercy of a mush mouthed radio host.

I actually liked the c2c about the board. Noory would have screwed it up. Schrader did a good job I think, he also pointed out many of the problems non-believers have. jorch would have just agreed with everything.

I also appreciate the fact dave does not believe in the Sandy hook government coverup thing.

VtaGeezer

Saw a trailer for movie "Ouija" the other night.  Due out in mid Nov; expect more ouija board shows on C2C 'til then.