• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Game of Thrones

Started by bluth co., May 13, 2012, 01:30:32 PM

starrmtn001

Quote from: rekcuf on June 27, 2016, 02:33:32 PM
It's boring now. :(
No, no it's not. :o  Respark the interest, Rekcuf.  Come on man, you can doo this!!!

zeebo

Quote from: rekcuf on June 27, 2016, 02:33:32 PM
It's boring now. :(

I think I'll just wait till it's all over and read the wiki-page summary.

starrmtn001

Quote from: zeebo on June 27, 2016, 05:06:39 PM
I think I'll just wait till it's all over and read the wiki-page summary.
Over the Cliff Notes? ::)

zeebo

Quote from: NAKASHI on June 27, 2016, 05:08:27 PM
Over the Cliff Notes? ::)

Well they did a version for War & Peace so I imagine they can tackle GoT.   ;)

Jackstar

How far from Mereen is Dorne? CITIZENS DEMAND ANSWERS

jazmunda

zeebo

Maybe kind of gimmicky but for this info-avalanche book series it could actually be useful.

https://techcrunch.com/2016/09/29/apple-launches-enhanced-editions-of-a-game-of-thrones-on-ibooks

ponyboysunset

I realize how late to the party I am but I am almost caught up for season 7! This is just an amazing show!  ;D

TigerLily

Quote from: ponyboysunset on March 21, 2017, 08:25:39 AM
I realize how late to the party I am but I am almost caught up for season 7! This is just an amazing show!  ;D

Hi darling! Great to see you. Yeah, maybe the best tv series ever. Don't know if you slogged through any of the books but the series is 10 times better.  Two short seasons left; only 7 and 6 episodes then no more.  :'(.  But all good things must come to and end they say (I would love to bitch slap "they"). At least they aren't milking it dry like GRR is with the books.  Hope all is well in your world *hugs*

ponyboysunset

Quote from: TigerLily on March 21, 2017, 10:35:58 AM
Hi darling! Great to see you. Yeah, maybe the best tv series ever. Don't know if you slogged through any of the books but the series is 10 times better.  Two short seasons left; only 7 and 6 episodes then no more.  :'(.  But all good things must come to and end they say (I would love to bitch slap "they"). At least they aren't milking it dry like GRR is with the books.  Hope all is well in your world *hugs*
I will start the books when I am done! It is great to see you as well. I read often but rarely post. But I thought I might be able to interest people in some GoT chat. I am half way through season 6. So far I love the dragons and Tyrion the most. And of course the mother of dragons goes without saying. It's like modern Shakespeare, everyone will die just a matter of when! ;D

TigerLily

Quote from: ponyboysunset on March 21, 2017, 10:44:30 AM
I will start the books when I am done! It is great to see you as well. I read often but rarely post. But I thought I might be able to interest people in some GoT chat. I am half way through season 6. So far I love the dragons and Tyrion the most. And of course the mother of dragons goes without saying. It's like modern Shakespeare, everyone will die just a matter of when! ;D

No one is safe in the Seven Kingdoms and beyond. While reading the books I was shocked with Ned's fate but after the Red Wedding I was so traumatized I literally set the book down and didn't pick it up again for months

ponyboysunset

Quote from: TigerLily on March 21, 2017, 11:11:01 AM
No one is safe in the Seven Kingdoms and beyond. While reading the books I was shocked with Ned's fate but after the Red Wedding I was so traumatized I literally set the book down and didn't pick it up again for months
Yeah someone asked me if I knew something was coming in that scene and I totally did. The band gave it away. And Ramsey Bolton seriously one of the most memorable psychos ever!

zeebo

I'm convinced GRRM has a kind of dry, black humor at work.  I'm not sure if he's commenting on human nature, or perhaps it's a meta-comment on how we grow attached to fictional characters.  Along these lines, one of my fave moments - at least in the books, I don't know if this showed up in the series - is the fate of the kid who's convinced all he has to do is say "I yield!". 

trostol

for some reason..i am not feeling up to this season...felt the same way with Black Sails...i think i am done with dramas lol

Ciardelo

Quote from: trostol on March 21, 2017, 06:58:43 PM
for some reason..i am not feeling up to this season...felt the same way with Black Sails...i think i am done with dramas lol

yet here you are on bellgab lolololl!!!!

TigerLily

Quote from: trostol on March 21, 2017, 06:58:43 PM

Wow. Black Sails has been excellent this season. And it's the last one. Take my word, t, you need to stay the course

TigerLily

Quote from: ponyboysunset on March 21, 2017, 11:18:52 AM
Yeah someone asked me if I knew something was coming in that scene and I totally did. The band gave it away. And Ramsey Bolton seriously one of the most memorable psychos ever!

The Red Wedding was much more shocking in the book than the series. No real foreshadowing. And I read it when it very first was published so no one to ruin the surprise with hints like I'm doing right now.

With Ramsey you know it must run in the family. I mean using The Flayed Man as your family crest is a bit warped to begin with

ponyboysunset

So I am officially caught up! It was an amazing ride and I loved every minute of it. Going to re-watch it as I am sure I missed so many little things. I want a dragon so bad :P

zeebo

Quote from: ponyboysunset on March 23, 2017, 12:15:36 PM
...I want a dragon so bad :P

I want a sword with a cool name, but all I have is a pocket knife called 'Pointy'.   :(

trostol

Quote from: zeebo on March 23, 2017, 12:53:05 PM
I want a sword with a cool name, but all I have is a pocket knife called 'Pointy'.   :(

is that what you call it  ;)

trostol

Quote from: TigerLily on March 22, 2017, 12:11:22 AM
Wow. Black Sails has been excellent this season. And it's the last one. Take my word, t, you need to stay the course

i think the problem..for me at least is..they ramped up the politics of pirating..and there have been so many dumb choices lol

Ah well, precious, were you literally shaking for days afterward? Because trigger warnings will only take you far.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: zeebo on March 23, 2017, 12:53:05 PM
Maybe you need to give your knife a more proper name. Started it over again last night. So many things make sense in a different way now knowing the ending. Looking forward to the next season!

TigerLily

Quote from: BelgianCarbonFibre on March 23, 2017, 11:28:03 PM
Ah well, precious, were you literally shaking for days afterward? Because trigger warnings will only take you far.

Quote from: Jackstar ℗ ® © on March 24, 2017, 06:42:39 AM

I love dikes!

Yes, attention whore, we see you. From the image you posted looks like you enjoy the series too. Any cogent comments? Especially about spies in disguises?

Jackstar

Quote from: TigerLily on March 24, 2017, 11:03:47 AM
attention whore

When the only tool you have is a pimp, every problem looks like a prostitute.

Jackstar

<--- * actual yearbook record

Quote from: TigerLily on March 24, 2017, 11:03:47 AM
the image you posted looks like you enjoy

WINTER IS HERE.

zeebo

Quote from: TigerLily on March 22, 2017, 12:25:25 AM
The Red Wedding was much more shocking in the book than the series. No real foreshadowing. And I read it when it very first was published so no one to ruin the surprise with hints like I'm doing right now.

Again, I haven't watched the series yet, but in the book, the added twist that made it especially wrenching was that Arya was so close to being reunited w/ her family.  Man, GRRM just knows how to sucker punch.  :-\ :P

trostol

Tonight's episode of Black Sails was excellent!!!!

TigerLily

The biggest man of them all