• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151019 - David Jacobs - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by Robert, October 19, 2015, 10:12:23 PM

DanTSX

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on October 19, 2015, 11:35:01 PM
Trudeau will probably surprise a lot of people.  He's a lot smarter than many people realize.

I happily voted Liberal this time around.

Yeah he will surprise his voters when he turns out to be just another politician that gets pushed around by foreign and domestic interests.  He has too much of an ego and is far too fragile and vain to accept any criticism.  Hell, look how well some of you guys are handling very Minor criticism of your new rock star PM.   He's Canada's Obama for sure.  If the left parties are to make Canada successful, they need a leader, not a weathervane.  NDP had someone that could do that, but he died in 2011.

Did someone else already mention anywhere that, last time this happened, 9/23-24, it was David Jacobs who was Art's guest?

I don't believe Jacobs got bumped the night the wires got cut and messed up or whatever... but the next night, when Art came back, it was Jacobs.  And that whole show was full of blips and crackles cause the problem had only just been repaired.

Dude attracts trouble... good guest, though, look forward to him tonight.

AppealPlay

Quote from: chandlerkaiden on October 20, 2015, 09:58:47 AM
Did someone else already mention anywhere that, last time this happened, 9/23-24, it was David Jacobs who was Art's guest?

I don't believe Jacobs got bumped the night the wires got cut and messed up or whatever... but the next night, when Art came back, it was Jacobs.  And that whole show was full of blips and crackles cause the problem had only just been repaired.

Dude attracts trouble... good guest, though, look forward to him tonight.

It was Tess Gerritsen that was bumped.  Interesting theory, though.  We shall see what happens this evening.  The tinfoil hat person that lives inside me wants a good conspiracy.

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 20, 2015, 10:15:24 AM
It was Tess Gerritsen that was bumped.  Interesting theory, though.  We shall see what happens this evening.  The tinfoil hat person that lives inside me wants a good conspiracy.

Same here--as long as it means Art doesn't get pissed and "retire" cause of all the problems...

twiper1

Like we always said in the Navy "SHIT HAPPENS".  They will get everything worked out. I have faith in Keith and Art

AppealPlay

Quote from: chandlerkaiden on October 20, 2015, 10:22:00 AM
Same here--as long as it means Art doesn't get pissed and "retire" cause of all the problems...

Nah.  Art knows that if he left again Dave would take credit for his leaving and claim victory in their war.  He's not gonna let Dave win. 8)

K_Dubb

Quote from: chandlerkaiden on October 20, 2015, 10:22:00 AM

I think (hope!) it's different when they're his problems he can actually do something about.  Frustrating as it is sometimes, I love the scrappy-underdog feel of this venture.  Art sounds like he's got plenty of fight in him.

Yeah, I get that--I kind of "love" the problems, the whole roughly polished feeling of it.  Makes it very real and accessible, and even lends it credence, somehow.  Was keeping some attention on the forum here last night, waiting for the problems to clear up, and I think somebody said he was kind of crowing, over there, about "that other show still having problems" or whatever.  Keep laughing, dude... I imagine your numbers are settling lower and lower in the toilet as MITD continues to gather steam.  Wish we could have solid data on listeners, but some caller asked about it--last week, I think--and I guess those are difficult to piece together because of all the avenues the show goes out through?...

K_Dubb

Agree; to Keith's credit they appear to be different problems every time -- well, except for Skype, which everybody seems to struggle with.  Feels like real-life small-business troubleshooting, balancing risks and budget.

DanTSX

This is great.  Keith blows a show, and I blow a load over the Golden Girls.  This is a sign of a true community.

ziznak

Quote from: DanTSX on October 20, 2015, 11:12:36 AM
This is great.  Keith blows a show, and I blow a load over the Golden Girls.  This is a sign of a true community.
I hope we get a new thread tonight... this one's all sticky

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 20, 2015, 11:09:36 AM
Agree; to Keith's credit they appear to be different problems every time -- well, except for Skype, which everybody seems to struggle with.  Feels like real-life small-business troubleshooting, balancing risks and budget.

Skype does seem to cause as many problems as phones did/do.  I don't even think it's reliably all that clearer... half the time, it sounds like someone has crawled into the mic and started yelling.  I've only called into MITD a couple times, always by phone, and there were no complaints, and I sounded fine when I heard the call "live" after I hung up and listened post-delay.

Well... problems or no problems, there's no other show I'd sit and stare at "buffering" for, for ninety minutes, hoping it would come on, so--a sign of an addicted fan base.

K_Dubb

Quote from: chandlerkaiden on October 20, 2015, 11:26:29 AM
Well... problems or no problems, there's no other show I'd sit and stare at "buffering" for, for ninety minutes, hoping it would come on, so--a sign of an addicted fan base.

Haha you and me both!  Refresh, refresh, refresh...haven't worked that hard in months.

Call me crazy--but if they uploaded whatever Art recorded last night during dead air, I'd probably listen to it.  Wasn't funny, last night--today, it'd probably be amusing.

pumaman

I have spoken to a David Jacobs insider, and that person claims show went dead because of a massive government conspiracy to silence him.

Book to follow.

DanTSX

Quote from: pumaman on October 20, 2015, 06:26:52 PM
I have spoken to a David Jacobs insider, and that person claims show went dead because of a massive government conspiracy to silence him.

Book to follow.

BULLSHIT

pumaman

No its true.  He spoke to me telepathically.

pumaman

I knew you were going to write that before you wrote it.

pumaman

obviously, the CIA and petrocartel realised that David Jacobs was about to expose the massive government conspiracy to hide the fact that we have been taken over by aliens, and so pulled the plug on the show.