• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

FallenSeraph

GOOD MORNING!

What did I miss on Discord last night? I went to bed early. I'm a tired oldish woman these days.

Somebody call Mike Siegel

Seriously, he is looking for work

https://www.mikesiegel.com/contact-mike-siegel/

Rodger rose is another option. He is Hilly's son. Apparently he does voice over work in addition he has hosted a paranormal tv show, so I think he qualified

https://rogerrose.com/#hosting

bellNwhistle

Quote from: nooryisawesome on April 25, 2018, 07:11:23 AM

Rodger rose is another option. He is Hilly's son. Apparently he does voice over work in addition he has hosted a paranormal tv show, so I think he qualified

Did you tell Keith? Tag them both on Twitter and post.

ponyboysunset

Really wish Howard Hughes would. He is great!

LadyFish

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 25, 2018, 06:58:53 AM
You like to hear, what you like to hear.

If you were expecting to hear Heather crying at Art’s funeral, you wouldn’t have. Rumor hasn’t Heather wasn’t at Art’s funeral last Thursday.

bellNwhistle

Amazing, what little drama there's been since Art died.

What's wrong with you people?? ;D

ponyboysunset

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 25, 2018, 07:26:05 AM
Amazing, what little drama there's been since Art died.

What's wrong with you people?? ;D
Home sick again and listening to MITD. Why the hell is her voice so deep? Just reaffirming how bad this is. Oh God she’s a lip smacker. I am not going to make it very far I fear. Lol.
PS she opens with the chase. Oh boy no wonder people were pissed.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: whoozit on April 25, 2018, 07:33:16 AM
+1
Bateman would be my other choice. Pretty sure neither would get involved at this point. And Bateman’s bumpers were just the best.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 25, 2018, 07:30:20 AM
Home sick again and listening to MITD. Why the hell is her voice so deep? Just reaffirming how bad this is. Oh God she’s a lip smacker. I am not going to make it very far I fear. Lol.

LOL!

I got yelled at one time on FB for commenting about a female  podcast host. I didn't call her out by name, nor did I say the name of the podcast. I also said that I liked the podcast- one of the maybe dozen I listen to frequently.  Her voice would have probably been just fine, except for the fact that the longer she spoke, the more nasally she sounded.  (Has that ever happened to you? You read out loud, and you start sounding congested after a while?).  I think she's probably worked on this since I posted about it, but that's a good thing. Whether she can help certain things or not, she listens to the people who listen to her. She hasn't apologized for it (that I'm aware of), nor has she been on social media behaving in a self-deprecating manner to garner sympathy.

While I'm not entirely heartless- I know Art's loss can't be easy for Heather- I would say that she's a 40+ yr old woman.  How she's behaving is not what a professional would do. Nor someone striving to be a professional, for her mentor's sake. That's what an immature child or young adult would do, with no confidence in her abilities.

whoozit

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 25, 2018, 07:34:57 AM
Bateman would be my other choice. Pretty sure neither would get involved at this point. And Bateman’s bumpers were just the best.
I just threw some cash to Howard.  I really enjoy his shows. You are right about him avoiding this like the plague.

yoursongs

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 25, 2018, 05:15:19 AM
Even though Heather posted that she was  not committed to doing a show on Monday,  her friend Lasha just posted this 5 hours ago:

::) ::) ::)
Frankly, she's dicking  people around. Including Keith.

That post was written by HW!  You can tell by the words used:  "you all", "absolutely", "just you wait" etc.  Lasha either IS HW .... or Lasha simply copied and pasted what HW typed to her privately...or HW is dictating to Lasha.   Absolutely.  For shoo-er.

whoozit

Time to work and write some code.  Please stop posting until I’m done.

sydtron

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 25, 2018, 07:30:20 AM
PS she opens with the chase. Oh boy no wonder people were pissed.

Wait, are you just now listening to the show with her doing it??

grano salis

Quote from: yoursongs on April 25, 2018, 07:40:38 AM
That post was written by HW!  You can tell by the words used:  "you all", "absolutely", "just you wait" etc.  Lasha either IS HW .... or Lasha simply copied and pasted what HW typed to her privately...or HW is dictating to Lasha.   Absolutely.  For shoo-er.

I have never listened to MITD.  None of the guests are too appealing.  The Taylor guy, for example is a transparent bore--IMO.
HW I suspect has multiple convenient on line supportive  identities--otherwise I have never seen such one sided devotion to an individual outside of the Manson family or Jim Jones .  If the story of her meeting AB for a "private"  interview is correct, I suspect that some were manipulated while their defenses were impaired.  HW seems to have all the hallmarks of a "drifter" (spelled starting with the letter"g").  chickens are coming home to roost--"be yourself", indeed--lol

ponyboysunset

Quote from: sydtron on April 25, 2018, 07:42:50 AM
Wait, are you just now listening to the show with her doing it??
Yes. I was just making sure I wasn’t being over critical. Nope. It’s terrible radio. I made it five minutes. I am now listening to an old Art show about crop circles and having some chicken soup. Lol.

sydtron

Sounds like a good sick day to me!

We listen to MITD at work to pass the time, I get off work early in the morning and its just the two of us people working so it works. I dunno. I mean she is not Art, but it is what it is. I canceled after Art quit. So we just listen for free. I'm more of a morning drive guy.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: sydtron on April 25, 2018, 08:05:42 AM
Sounds like a good sick day to me!

We listen to MITD at work to pass the time, I get off work early in the morning and its just the two of us people working so it works. I dunno. I mean she is not Art, but it is what it is. I canceled after Art quit. So we just listen for free. I'm more of a morning drive guy.
I have a great podcast of people who used to be morning drive for 20 years in Detroit. Drew and Mike podcast. It’s completely free and two hours of gossip, rock and roll stories, and overall mayhem. Lol.
It’s a pretty good sick day.  :)

We need a gabcast where Keith & Heather can air their grievences. Simulcast on the Dark Matter network. Co-hosted by MV, Rosegirl and Falkie.

cweb

Quote from: whoozit on April 25, 2018, 07:39:40 AM
I just threw some cash to Howard.  I really enjoy his shows. You are right about him avoiding this like the plague.
Yep. Howard was talking about revamping his site and possibly having some paid content a while back. It seems the guy can't catch a break with a decent-paying gig. I would totally throw him $5-10 a month for content. I do usually try to donate once or twice a year.

Howard's Art Bell tribute pretty much laid out why he couldn't do MITD. But the drama and instability doesn't help.

I still think that MITD as itself needs to be put out of its misery. If Keith wants to bring in a new host for this streaming gig, that's fine. But maybe a rebrand is in order. You are more likely to be successful by building your own show based on your own personality. That's why The Unexplained works. That's why Dark City worked. That's why old Coast worked.

Juan

Goblins And Such with rotating hosts.

DanTSX

Quote from: PrairieGhost on April 24, 2018, 11:09:56 PM
I'm actually giving c2c a try tonight... I know, I'll regret it most likely.

Yewwww lad

DanTSX

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 25, 2018, 07:37:46 AM
LOL!

I got yelled at one time on FB for commenting about a female  podcast host. I didn't call her out by name, nor did I say the name of the podcast. I also said that I liked the podcast- one of the maybe dozen I listen to frequently.  Her voice would have probably been just fine, except for the fact that the longer she spoke, the more nasally she sounded.  (Has that ever happened to you? You read out loud, and you start sounding congested after a while?).  I think she's probably worked on this since I posted about it, but that's a good thing. Whether she can help certain things or not, she listens to the people who listen to her. She hasn't apologized for it (that I'm aware of), nor has she been on social media behaving in a self-deprecating manner to garner sympathy.

While I'm not entirely heartless- I know Art's loss can't be easy for Heather- I would say that she's a 40+ yr old woman.  How she's behaving is not what a professional would do. Nor someone striving to be a professional, for her mentor's sake. That's what an immature child or young adult would do, with no confidence in her abilities.

Lol I love it when Captain Save a Hoe of the white knight battalion tries that shit with me

DanTSX

Quote from: nooryisawesome on April 25, 2018, 07:11:23 AM

Siegel is a bigger cat lady than Art

damon

Here is an e-mail that I got from Keith about Heather Wade and Midnight in the Desert.

I’m working on alternative plans and looking at all options.

Best Regards,

KeithRowland.com

On Apr 24, 2018, 3:15 PM -0700, damon  <*******@*********>, wrote:
> Can you replace Heather Wade please. I am tried of the drama that she is
> causing. There are a lot of people that knows someone who died. She is
> going overboard with Art. Can you offer the hosting duties to someone
> like Ian Punnett or someone like him.

DanTSX

SAY SOMETHING NICE ABOUT HEATHER YOU ASSHOLES

DanTSX

MIDNIGHT IN THE DESERT WITH HEATHER WADE

RETURNING MONDAY APRIL 30, 2018

ponyboysunset

Quote from: DanTSX on April 25, 2018, 08:43:15 AM
SAY SOMETHING NICE ABOUT HEATHER YOU ASSHOLES
Looks like an Adam’s apple in that picture. Just sayin’.