• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Alex Jones

Started by Frys Girl, April 07, 2009, 08:57:10 PM

JustOneFix

Quote from: Michael V. on April 12, 2011, 10:41:13 PM

time for some nicotine gum.  yay.

Quitter!

Seriously I agree with this over medicating of society. They're not doctors anymore, they are simply pill pushers.

b_dubb

as an ex-smoker (in every sense) let me just say that quitting is the best thing you can do for yourself.  but i think you know that already.  yay quitters

http://youtu.be/uw9pJVYoHIQ

Eddie Coyle

Started smoking when a pack was about $1.75...when it eclipsed 5 bucks, I stopped. Financial concerns will always trump health for me.

Quote from: JustOneFix on April 13, 2011, 03:09:03 PM
Quitter!

Seriously I agree with this over medicating of society. They're not doctors anymore, they are simply pill pushers.

The runaround I've seen people undergo in order to get their legitimately prescribed medicines, I couldn't disagree more. There's every roadblock between patients and pills.  I wish doctors were pill pushers.

$.35 a pack when I started.  We used to buy them from machines that needed NO electricity.  Haven't had one for four years.  And I've never been in poorer health.  Anything that could rear its ugly head has.  I know it's just a coincidence (oh, wait...they don't exist!)  I'm about 60 pounds overweight, I've had bronchitis three times, and pneumonia twice a year since I quit.  I had the pneumonia vaccine about six months ago and had a horrible reaction.  I know in the end I'll be better off, but I'm still pretty bitter and missing them immensely. 

Oh, yeah.  I can smell things now that I never did before.  I'm amazed at how putrid the world is.  Not the natural smells, the exhaust fumes and perfumes.  Give me a freshly "fertilized" field over a room with a "perfumed" lady or "cologned" guy any day.

OK, my rant's done.  I'll get over it.     :'(

PS:  I still smoke in my dreams, so I guess I'm not really a sucessful quitter yet.   ;)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Do you think it was angels? on April 13, 2011, 09:10:02 PM
The runaround I've seen people undergo in order to get their legitimately prescribed medicines, I couldn't disagree more. There's every roadblock between patients and pills.  I wish doctors were pill pushers.
When it comes to pain medication, I agree with you.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

haloedorchid

Quote from: Michael V. on April 13, 2011, 09:26:02 PM
When it comes to pain medication, I agree with you.

Sent from my DROIDX
I was going to say that, too.

Also, plenty of people harass their doctors into giving them prescriptions for medication they see advertised on TV, so it goes both ways. Yes, doctors have the final say over what they prescribe, but when dealing with angry patients all day sometimes it's easier to cave.

I listen to the Alex Jones show daily and have found a really fun game. When you have a second and you catch him saying "just Google such and such if you don't believe me" go ahead and do it. Everything he uses as proof is either something from his own site that or something from the main stream media that he is taking wildly out of context.

Just the other day he announced he "could tell" from looking at the photos that the helicopter that crashed in Bin Laden's compound was radio controlled and had no humans on board.

IanSucks

So what do you think about Alex Jones?

Infowars.com?

Seems to me ya he reads from other news but he hypes alot...

Fear Mongol comes to mind even though he's right on 90% of his stories.

Is he another paid actor?

onan

Quote from: IanSucks on May 18, 2011, 01:38:14 PM
So what do you think about Alex Jones?

Infowars.com?

Seems to me ya he reads from other news but he hypes alot...

Fear Mongol comes to mind even though he's right on 90% of his stories.

Is he another paid actor?

I think he's a quack.

But to your point of 90%, not all issues have the same value. If someone wants to believe in secret cabals, fine. But to convey misinformation that may negatively affect others is not fine. And those two issues are not of equal value. So to simply say he right more often lets the sob off way too easy.

More simply, if I teach that 1+1=2 and I also teach stealing is right, I am not at 50%.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scully

I think Alex Jones is the Typhoid Mary of the airwaves.  >:(

Sleepwalker

I think Alex Jones is delusional, like Jerome Corsi.       

Eddie Coyle

A carnival barker, a wrestling manager, a used car salesman. Those are the vocations best suited for Alex, who is indeed a star-fucking fake. Half of Texas must be warehouses of his "documents", the endless pieces of paper he shuffles around when trying to prove he's discovered a grand conspiracy.

I hope there's a special FEMA death camp built for his corpulent ass. Jesse Ventura and Calypso Louie Farrakhan can be his bunkmates.

morphiaflow

It particularly offends me that there are some delusional people who believe the great, visionary philosopher/comedian Bill Hicks faked his own death and resurrected himself as Alex Jones. Seriously....yes, Hicks spoke of deception and conspiracy. But he also spoke of love and healing and he was most definitely left-leaning. Jones is a small minded salesman of uber-right paranoia. They're both from Texas, but that's where there resemblance ceases.

Quote from: Scully on May 18, 2011, 04:13:37 PM
I think Alex Jones is the Typhoid Mary of the airwaves.  >:(

Wholehearted agreement.............................

Marc.Knight

He's a useful idiot for those who are actually engaging in extra-legal activities under the cloak of government secrecy.  Regardless of the degree of veracity of some of the material he delivers, the fact that he delivers it places it in the realm of fairies and hobgobblins.

Saffy

Alex Jones is someone that must be taken with a moon-sized "grain" of salt. Sometimes I'll listen to him and think, "Yeah, I've been saying the same thing for years ..." and then he'll spoil it with an overdose of hyperbole and fallacious statements.

The guy seems correct so often because he seamlessly integrates his opinions in with facts so that only the more astute listeners realize when the former leaves off and the latter begins. Endemic to all conspiracists is to state some facts which are irrefutable and then interpret what those facts mean; the interpretations are often either incorrect or completely unverifiable. However, a lot of people make the assumption that, because Fact A is irrefutably true, Interpretation A is also irrefutably true. It is the kissing cousin of the False Dilemma Fallacy.

For instance, the issue on FEMA camps. Do camps exist? Certainly. Are they operated by the government? Absolutely. Is there supporting documents? You betcha. However, the mere existence of FEMA camps does, in no way, support his argument that the government plans to round up ordinary citizens who oppose the NWO and put them into those camps. The latter is pure speculation, but too many people fail to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Another thing that has irritated me about Alex Jones is how he rants endlessly about all of these horrible things that are on the edge of occurring. Invariably, some caller will dial in and ask the BIG question:  "What can I do to help stop the nefarious evil-doings of the elitists?"

At this point, the vociferous, loquacious Alex Jones suddenly acts like a geek who just had the hottest girl in school ask him to the prom. His answer is always, "Well, just keep informed. Just by knowing about this information will [somehow] make a difference."  In other words, keep listening to his show, keep buying his products, and it wouldn't hurt to buy a few things from his sponsors, too.

I find him worth listening to, though, because he's not perfectly imperfect. I do think he does get it right from time to time, just not nearly as often as he and his fans think he does.

Everyone said it better than I could.

He's the worst kind of nut. The end.

aldousburbank

Quote from: morphiaflow on May 19, 2011, 04:19:49 AM
It particularly offends me that there are some delusional people who believe the great, visionary philosopher/comedian Bill Hicks faked his own death and resurrected himself as Alex Jones. Seriously....
Never heard this.  That's awesome!  I guess some people are more out there than me.  I thought that I was Bill Hick's resurrection.  But Alex Jones?  That's crazy!

rbduck

Oh God .LMAO!!! He Ha ha ha. I listen to Alex Jones when I'm sick of c2cam. I last about 5 minutes and he depresses me so much I need to find a pill pushing doc. I just go back to listening to c2cam. It medicates me just enough.

I want to live in a FEMA camp.  8)   NOT

rangers1919

If a NWO one-world government conspiracy existed, and Jones didn't, they would create him to discredit anyone who looked into any of the things that are actually true that he touches on.

Avi

I get a kick out of Alex Jones. Clearly, he's a kook, heavily steeped in Lyndon LaRouche, but I must admit that I'd never heard of the Bohemian Grove (heads of state jump the fence) until I saw his video on YouTube. Somebody does need to tell him, that of all the people on Earth, he does not need a bullhorn.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: rangers1919 on August 07, 2011, 03:19:10 AM
If a NWO one-world government conspiracy existed, and Jones didn't, they would create him to discredit anyone who looked into any of the things that are actually true that he touches on.
brilliant point.

I think he's a KGB or Zionist asset. He is NOT a patriot. I tuned him out when I heard him call for civil disobience and rioting in the streets...ironically, it was on Noory's show and fuckstick George had no objections >:(

onan

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on August 11, 2011, 04:25:28 PM
I think he's a KGB or Zionist asset. He is NOT a patriot. I tuned him out when I heard him call for civil disobience and rioting in the streets...ironically, it was on Noory's show and fuckstick George had no objections >:(

It is really a shame that it takes this kind of cretin to mobilize people to question their government. It makes me realize why so many legislators give little time to individuals.

Avi

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on August 11, 2011, 04:25:28 PM
I think he's a KGB or Zionist asset.

No, as a Zionist asset myself, I'm afraid we turned Alex, his bullhorn and his stanky seegars away. The formerly smoky back room is now smoke-free and 100% vegetarian, although it boasts an incredible wine cellar. Al just didn't fit in, so you must be right, the KGB took him.

Caruthers612

I thought long and hard before posting anything on this subject. The reasons are many, and I will not go into them. I will confine myself to what is therefore a necessarily inadequate few comments.
          I speak as a man, as someone with a good knowledge of history, and as a man who values and understands the meaning and implications of the word civilization. I also speak as a Jew, and, since it is deeply relevant, I will just mention without going into it, a Jew who lost family both fighting in the European and Pacific theaters during the War, and in the death camps.
           I don't know how to say this without sounding like I think I'm superior, so I'll just say it. I am aware of Alex Jones, of who and what he is and the many implications thereof, in ways which most who listen to him simply cannot be. I will not expand on this. I will add to it, though, with these two observations. First, Alex Jones is one man, and while his efficacy as instigator must be taken seriously, it is he as symptom and as representative of a large segment of society--and that segment's psychology--that ought to be the focus.
          Finally, and this is the only comment I will make regarding any specific remarks he has made, I want to paint for you a picture, and ask you to reflect on it. Those of you who know something about the death camps know that when the Allies liberated them at the end of the war, the survivors they encountered were actual living skeletons. Hardened combat veterans, including General Patton himself, lost the ability to speak when confronted with this. There exist photos and newsreel footage that some of you have seen of Nazis lining these living skeletons up in front of open mass graces, and shooting them.
         One night on his show, Alex Jones flew into a fit of rage at those Jews for (these were his words) not having had the guts to turn around at that moment and fight those German soldiers, instead of just letting the soldiers shoot them, because, Jones shouted, as a result the Jews "made the Germans look bad."
         In the course of my life I have met and heard many a Jew hater. I have heard and read their comments, sometimes familiar, sometimes a new permutation that is freshly shocking. When I heard this rant by Jones, it was a long time before I was even able to respond. There is a state of disbelief that leaves one unable to process.
          A couple of nights later, Jones once again flew into a fit of rage, referring to these earlier comments and shouting that he'd meant what he said.
          It would be a mistake, however tempting, to start psychoanalyzing Alex Jones, to speculate about his background or the show he does, to stand stupefied at having heard someone bitterly regret that history remembered the Nazis as evil, so unnecessary if only their Jewish victims hadn't simply allowed themselves to be put in ovens and led into gas chambers. We all want to ruminate like this upon hearing Mr. Jones' remarks, but I caution against it.
          Instead, and I speak now in a purely abstract and hypothetical capacity, I urge everyone to consider what that very episode in human history taught us more than anything: When evil rises in the world, talking to it or about it, voting in elections, wishing, hoping and praying, attempting to appease or to accommodate--none of these is either effective or appropriate. In the end, when evil arises, being a civilized man or woman at that moment means being willing to kill.

onan

Quote from: Caruthers612 on August 13, 2011, 06:22:00 PM
          I thought long and hard before posting anything on this subject. The reasons are many, and I will not go into them. I will confine myself to what is therefore a necessarily inadequate few comments.
          I speak as a man, as someone with a good knowledge of history, and as a man who values and understands the meaning and implications of the word civilization. I also speak as a Jew, and, since it is deeply relevant, I will just mention without going into it, a Jew who lost family both fighting in the European and Pacific theaters during the War, and in the death camps.
           I don't know how to say this without sounding like I think I'm superior, so I'll just say it. I am aware of Alex Jones, of who and what he is and the many implications thereof, in ways which most who listen to him simply cannot be. I will not expand on this. I will add to it, though, with these two observations. First, Alex Jones is one man, and while his efficacy as instigator must be taken seriously, it is he as symptom and as representative of a large segment of society--and that segment's psychology--that ought to be the focus.
          Finally, and this is the only comment I will make regarding any specific remarks he has made, I want to paint for you a picture, and ask you to reflect on it. Those of you who know something about the death camps know that when the Allies liberated them at the end of the war, the survivors they encountered were actual living skeletons. Hardened combat veterans, including General Patton himself, lost the ability to speak when confronted with this. There exist photos and newsreel footage that some of you have seen of Nazis lining these living skeletons up in front of open mass graces, and shooting them.
         One night on his show, Alex Jones flew into a fit of rage at those Jews for (these were his words) not having had the guts to turn around at that moment and fight those German soldiers, instead of just letting the soldiers shoot them, because, Jones shouted, as a result the Jews "made the Germans look bad."
         In the course of my life I have met and heard many a Jew hater. I have heard and read their comments, sometimes familiar, sometimes a new permutation that is freshly shocking. When I heard this rant by Jones, it was a long time before I was even able to respond. There is a state of disbelief that leaves one unable to process.
          A couple of nights later, Jones once again flew into a fit of rage, referring to these earlier comments and shouting that he'd meant what he said.
          It would be a mistake, however tempting, to start psychoanalyzing Alex Jones, to speculate about his background or the show he does, to stand stupefied at having heard someone bitterly regret that history remembered the Nazis as evil, so unnecessary if only their Jewish victims hadn't simply allowed themselves to be put in ovens and led into gas chambers. We all want to ruminate like this upon hearing Mr. Jones' remarks, but I caution against it.
          Instead, and I speak now in a purely abstract and hypothetical capacity, I urge everyone to consider what that very episode in human history taught us more than anything: When evil rises in the world, talking to it or about it, voting in elections, wishing, hoping and praying, attempting to appease or to accommodate--none of these is either effective or appropriate. In the end, when evil arises, being a civilized man or woman at that moment means being willing to kill.

Thanks for the post. I would like to know more about your thoughts and insights. I do understand the need to set boundaries for whatever reason. But your post... well I was glad you wrote it.

Avi

Quote from: Caruthers612 on August 13, 2011, 06:22:00 PM
          I thought long and hard before posting anything on this subject. The reasons are many, and I will not go into them. I will confine myself to what is therefore a necessarily inadequate few comments.....yadda, yadda, yadda.

Pardon me, but as the other out-of-the-closet Jew (well, it's hard to hide with a name like Avi), your kiddie-diddling comments did not strike me as particularly Jewish. Kind of a shame to our people, really, for one who is so concerned with anti-Semitism. Oddly, you seem rather cringing when you talk about anti-Semitism, but not when you talk about screwing the barely legal. Leaving that aside, however, since Michael has vouched for you (perhaps you just need attention in the most pathetic sort of way - but I have 3 daughters), what you say about Alex Jones being a Jew-hater is probably true. Most of the NWO babies drink heavily from the teat of Lyndon La Rouche, i.e., Michael Tsarion, Jordan 'Word Salad' Maxwell, Jerome Corsi, Steve Quayle, etc. They, along with Jones, link to grossly anti-Semitic groups/writers on their websites, although they try to brush it off with the customary, "We're not anti-Semitic, we're just anti-Zionist," load of crap. As Paul Berman says, "Anti-Zionism, the true origin of which is anti-Semitism, [is] the assumption that the Jews are the center of the world and therefore the center of the world's evil." Yep, I think many a C2C NWO guest would agree that Jews are the center of the world's evil, although I think C2C asks them to tone it down for the show.

It's hard for me to advocate going all Samson on Alex Jones, simply because I meet anti-Jewish bigots every day. Bigotry, I must conclude, is often an unconscious process. People get in my face frequently to tell me how Jews should have learned from the Holocaust. They wouldn't dream of telling an African American that he or she should have learned from slavery. Anyone expressing such an opinion would be immediately dismissed as a bigot, but not when the very same sentiments are expressed toward Jews. "No, but that's different!" Jews are the center-of-the- world's-evil special case. Tibetans, Irish and Native Americans are entitled to their homelands, but Jews, you will notice, are not allowed to have national aspirations. Yet, our citizenship is always suspect if we stand up to support those Jews who cried, "Never again!" and meant it. We can never be loyal enough, can we? Bigots question me nearly every day about my beliefs, in detail - although to question any other visible minority in such a fashion would be condemned for what it is. I'm afraid that we live in a world that hates Jews (and here, the bigots always ask, "But why do they hate you? There must be a reason," although they would never ask an African American, "But why does the KKK hate you? There must be a reason." Again, bigotry is perhaps less a conscious choice than we think). I can commend you insofar as most Jews simply choose not to recognize the facts, but the kiddie-diddling is a shaynde fur die goyim. 

onan

I don't get it. Maybe I'm not supposed to. To me we all are better off if we consider ourselves as humans and leave it there. I really dislike secrets/shame stuff.

Hey that alex jones guy is a nut.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk