• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 01, 2017, 09:07:24 PM
Its more than the election of Trump.  In the past eight years, the Rs picked up a net of 69 House seats, 13 Senate seats, 12 governorships, and over 900 state legislative seats.  Campaigning on these issues.

Given that the Republican Party leadership pretty much sucks at the national level, and the Fake News Media routinely trashes them - while shilling for the Ds - isn't that a little hard to ignore?

But it isn't the past eight years. The election was last year. And like it or not the Dems won the popular vote and the Reps have pulled themselves apart, with Trump not having a clue how to tie his shoelaces let alone be president. Live with it.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 01, 2017, 08:28:53 PM
I think we've been over this enough times as well.  Either you get it or you don't.

Please respond with some Fake Statistics from your idols in Cuba

Tell us how the repeal and replace ACA went. On the first day. Lol.

Meister_000

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on April 01, 2017, 09:01:52 PM
An intelligent leader with a vision for the future would not make empty promises like Trump did to the coal miners. Everyone paying attention can see the coal industry is dying, especially the workers themselves. Why not foster and support clean energy solutions. Solar panels on every new construction...Develop electric, hydrogen vehicles that are not cost prohibitive for a working-class budget. An administration who supports a sustainable economy and environment would find support and enthusiasm among their constituents.

Damb Smarty-pantists and their stinkin Farsightedness -- the Veracity of it all!  ;D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 01, 2017, 08:33:23 PM
Should he have picked barbers and taxi cab drivers?

Trade rules benefitting America will benefit those who own business - whether they are small businesses or people who own stock in larger businesses, those who are employed by business, and the communities those jobs are located in;  tax cuts benefit those who pay the taxes.

You really didn't know any of this?

Actually no. It won't favour anyone but those who already park their assets off shore. Anyone earning an average salary will not be better off. One way or another they'll be worse off. Not neccessarily through income tax, but other ways the admin will fleece them.

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on April 01, 2017, 09:05:28 PM
And taxing those goods from China will hurt those buying them, not the Chinese. But if they stop buying Chinese stuff, what makes you think they'll have an affordable American alternative? The same day. How long do you think Apple for instance will continue having their phones and other shit made in Asia before taking it to the USA? I'll go for them never having their shit made in the US.

Lets look at these one by one:

If it won't 'hurt' China, why are they so adamantly against it?  Prices are set by the market, not by the cost of producing those goods (including taxes).  If taxes go up on foreign products, but not on competing US products, those taxes can't be passed on to the customers - they're only passed on if everyone has to raise their prices and pass them on.

US companies for the most part don't want to close businesses here and open them in foreign countries.  The workers are less skilled, less educated, less proficient in English, need more management.  There is more travel, more time spent on training, communication, dealing with foreign laws and customs, more inefficiency and waste.  It costs money to ship product back here.  The problem is taxes on corporation here are too high, regulations are too costly, and sometimes (union) pay and benefits are too much.  Lowering costs on businesses (taxes, red tape), combined with tariffs on their items coming in, mean more jobs here.  Those tariffs should be tailored to offset a good chunk of the payroll differential

If there is no affordable American alternative, there would be no need to slap those imports with a tariff.  If they do, those are the tariffs that would be passed on to he consumer.

Apple?  First of all, fuck them.  These crooks game the international tax rules worse than anyone.  Interesting you pick them as your example.  But like I said, this isn't about jobs coming back, it's about creating new ones here and not losing them.  I have no problem with Apple finally paying some tax, and frankly, I hope a certain amount of it gets passed on to their snobby fans.

Quote from: Meister_000 on April 01, 2017, 08:21:07 PM
I'll take Christofasciophobia for the win please! -- but here meaning "well-founded/rational fear" of.

You pulled that one out of your ass.  No results found with Google.  ;D

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on April 01, 2017, 09:12:20 PM
But it isn't the past eight years. The election was last year. And like it or not the Dems won the popular vote and the Reps have pulled themselves apart, with Trump not having a clue how to tie his shoelaces let alone be president. Live with it.

Well, don't discount the green card and illegal alien vote.  At worst it was a draw for Trump, and that's being charitable to mrs clinton.

But beyond that, the discussion was about what the American people are demanding, not what's gone on the past two months.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 01, 2017, 09:31:04 PM

But beyond that, the discussion was about what the American people PB the Deplorable are is demanding, not what's gone on the past two months.

FIFY

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on April 01, 2017, 09:17:03 PM
Actually no. It won't favour anyone but those who already park their assets off shore. Anyone earning an average salary will not be better off. One way or another they'll be worse off. Not neccessarily through income tax, but other ways the admin will fleece them.

Anyone saving for their own retirement and owning stocks in their retirement accounts will be better off.  Anyone with a job and paying taxes will be better off.  Anyone who owns their own business will be better off.  Anyone with a job skill set will have more jobs to choose from will be able to command a better salary, and will be better off.  Their kids will be better off.  The people they pay taxes to will be better off.

Look, the people who refused to apply themselves in school, who aren't good workers and don't earn much, or who would rather have handouts than pull their own weight may not be better off.  Some will.  They certainly won't be worse off.  Regardless, as a society we can't set economic policy based on them. 

Who do you think it is who ends up funding the losers?

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on April 01, 2017, 09:12:20 PM

Our election is not determined by the popular vote anyway, so please move on. 

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 01, 2017, 09:41:23 PM
Our election is not determined by the popular vote anyway, so please move on.

Neither is the United Queendom's, but don't tell him.

Lt.Uhura

Trump has made America a laughing stock. Russia mocks us.

“To arrange a call from a Russian diplomat to your political opponent, press 1. To use the services of Russian hackers, press 2,” the recording says, in Russian and English. “To request election interference, press 3, and wait until the next election campaign. Please note that all calls are recorded for quality improvement and training purposes.”
An officer with the ministry confirmed to AP that the message was in fact a joke.

http://www.vocativ.com/417259/russian-april-fools-joke-makes-fun-of-election-interference/

Quote from: Meister_000 on April 01, 2017, 09:14:30 PM
Damb...

Is that a new contraction of dumb and damn?  Democrat lambs?

Meister_000

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 01, 2017, 09:48:41 PM
Is that a new contraction of damn and dumb?

That would be this . . .

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 01, 2017, 09:39:52 PM

Look, the people who refused to apply themselves in school, who aren't good workers and don't earn much, or who would rather have handouts than pull their own weight may not be better off.  Some will.  They certainly won't be worse off.  Regardless, as a society we can't set economic policy based on them. 

Who do you think it is who ends up funding the losers?

Who the hell are you to look down your nose at low-wage workers? The American economy was built on the backs of minimum wage employees. There would be no Walmart, McDonalds, or just about any big box store or restaurant without them. What about the fruits and vegetables you pick up at the supermarket? Low wage workers see to it that you eat, provide the clothes you wear, clean up after you in the public facilities you use. They are child-care workers and care for our elderly who can no longer care for themselves. The list goes on.

Do you have any idea what it's like to live on minimum wage, and try to get by in an economy where your salary doesn't even cover necessities like food and rent? Many are stuck there through no fault of their own. Some have found themselves there after being laid off from well-paid jobs. You should be so lucky.

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on April 01, 2017, 10:50:11 PM
Who the hell are you to look down your nose at low-wage workers? The American economy was built on the backs of minimum wage employees. There would be no Walmart, McDonalds, or just about any big box store or restaurant without them. What about the fruits and vegetables you pick up at the supermarket? Low wage workers see to it that you eat, provide the clothes you wear, clean up after you in the public facilities you use. They are child-care workers and care for our elderly who can no longer care for themselves. The list goes on.

Do you have any idea what it's like to live on minimum wage, and try to get by in an economy where your salary doesn't even cover necessities like food and rent? Many are stuck there through no fault of their own. Some have found themselves there after being laid off from well-paid jobs. You should be so lucky.

I'm not talking about the people who actually work - and you know it.  These are also the people hurt the most when their jobs are stolen by illegal aliens, or shipped off to China. 

Young people starting out, legal immigrants, etc, need entry level jobs.  They were never meant to be permanent life-long jobs, and they were never meant to go to millions of unskilled, uneducated people from the third world, flowing unchecked across our borders.

Like the rest of the Ds, you need to decide whose side you're on.

WOTR

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 01, 2017, 09:21:14 PM
US companies for the most part don't want to close businesses here and open them in foreign countries.  The workers are less skilled, less educated, less proficient in English, need more management.  There is more travel, more time spent on training, communication, dealing with foreign laws and customs, more inefficiency and waste.  It costs money to ship product back here. 
We are really back to this?  Only now instead of arguing that the senior level software developers and engineers are preferred to be American, we are arguing that it matters that the factory worker does not know English?  And you are really going to argue that a worker in a Japanese factory turning out electronics is LESS skilled than an American? How many Americans do you know who can even replace a capacitor on a board (aside from me... But I am Canadian, anyhow...)

As for MORE money spent dealing with foreign laws, I would argue that it costs far less for health and safety and to jump through regulatory hoops in China than in California.  A few bribes to locan officals and you are in business in China.  A mountain of paperwork, construction permits, business licences, and regulatory compliance and you can open the front doors in the western world.

And I do not know that the answer for the US is to reduce health and safety and environmental regulations (actually, that is one of the areas where I agree that tariffs or demanding that the foreign factories meet something reasonable should be pushed...)

Quote from: WOTR on April 01, 2017, 11:54:07 PM
We are really back to this?...

It's not going away

... Only now instead of arguing that the senior level software developers and engineers are preferred to be American, we are arguing that it matters that the factory worker does not know English?  And you are really going to argue that a worker in a Japanese factory turning out electronics is LESS skilled than an American?...

Do you really think the jobs of software developers and engineers are in any way comparable to those of factory workers?  Hint:  they are not. 

But yes, in my experience in general an American, or at least a westerner - with the same education, skill set, and experience - is preferable to a foreigner as a software engineer, for the reasons I listed before.  That's not been your experience?  Obviously it depends on the job and on the person.  Non-westerners brought in on H1-B visas are cheaper, and that's why they are hired, and that was the point.

Yes, for any job it helps if the employees can speak English, and communicate with management.  Some jobs more than others.  Is there really a question on this?

Am I ''really going to argue about a Japanese factory worker, blah, blah, blah...''  Well, no.  How many US factories have relocated to Japan to save on payroll?  Roughly?  Zero?

... As for MORE money spent dealing with foreign laws, I would argue that it costs far less for health and safety and to jump through regulatory hoops in China than in California.  A few bribes to local officials and you are in business in China.  A mountain of paperwork, construction permits, business licenses, and regulatory compliance and you can open the front doors in the western world...

Well, the payment of bribes by US companies is illegal, regardless of where they are paid.  Corporate execs tend to shy away from committing felonies.  But regardless of whatever it is they have to do - hire someone's kid as a VP, do it as a joint venture (giving away a chunk of the company instead of owning it outright like they would if it remained here), etc, it adds cost.

Do you really think there isn't much in the way of paperwork, local legal fees, local taxes, etc?  It can be such a completely different environment - legally, politically, socially, relationship-wise with the employees, community, etc - any little screw up or misunderstanding can be impressively expensive.  Would you know the first thing about setting up and managing a company in a foreign country?  It's not optimal, it really isn't.

paladin1991

So, what's going on with the Brexit?  I hear the Euros are going to hold the British subjects accountable for upwards of 50 billion.  Surely, that's of some concern to you, Puddy? In what forum over in IslamoEngland do you discuss this?  I mean, you must spend some time talking with your own countrymen about your own shit sandwich, eh?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Yorkshire Pudiphile on April 02, 2017, 03:27:45 AM
So, what's going on with the Brexit?  I hear the Euros are going to hold the British subjects accountable for upwards of 50 billion.  Surely, that's of some concern to you, Puddy? In what forum over in IslamoEngland do you discuss this?  I mean, you must spend some time talking with your own countrymen about your own shit sandwich, eh?

Frankly I'm past caring about Brexit for the moment. The real fallout starts in about eighteen months-two years when the implications of the decision hits home and the very people who voted out. The same way the ones in the rust belt in the States thought Trump had snake oil.
In both cases there'll be shoe gazing, heads in hands and 'Shit, I didn't think that was going to happen'. And 'that' could be political, economic, security, military, social, scientific, employment, or all those and more.

Jackstar

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on April 02, 2017, 08:05:49 AM
Frankly I'm past caring about Brexit for the moment.

Great. Where are you at with the fluoride?

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on April 02, 2017, 08:05:49 AM
In both cases there'll be shoe gazing, heads in hands and 'Shit, I didn't think that was going to happen'.

Praise KEK.

Jackstar

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 02, 2017, 02:11:32 AM
It's not going away

Just give it a few years; those warts on your cock will be a distant memory.

Jackstar

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on April 01, 2017, 09:47:34 PM
Drumpf has made America a laughing stock.

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on April 01, 2017, 09:47:34 PM
Russia mocks us.

That must really infuriate a communications officer, like yourself.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Jackstar on April 02, 2017, 09:00:49 AM
Great. Where are you at with the fluoride?

To be dscussed in parliament around about March 2019. Two o'clock in the afternoon. Ish.

Jackstar

Jackstar

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on April 01, 2017, 09:13:44 PM
Tell us how the repeal and replace ACA went. On the first day. Lol.

If you reprobates knew how actually happy I actually am as an actual Citizen of these United States, you'd be wetting your pants while gnawing on your lolly.