• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

McPhallus

As a transplant patient myself, I also found it a bit odd.  But maybe he has another condition which makes dialysis impossible?  Or maybe he's just opting out of treatment.

I thought Noory's reading of the poem was a little.... odd.  Almost like he didn't have much regard for what he was reading.

Quote from: HAL 9000 on March 05, 2013, 12:03:02 AM
Well, I can tell you, with "near" 100% assuredness, this is bullshit. You can live without kidneys. People routinely survive with total kidney failure - kept alive either by hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, or ultimately, receiving a kidney transplant. I have personally performed peritoneal dialysis hundreds of times. Always with the caution that anything is possible, I am willing to say that, in all virtual likelihood, no team of doctors would, or could, send a 45 year old man home to die after only a few days, due to "kidney failure." I smell bullshit all over this. Theory: The guy wanted his poem read to his girlfriend on national radio, using his "imminent death" as the ruse. Noory sees he is a "long-time" listener, and uses this opportunity to show the compassion that he and C2C have for their listeners.

armyvet8896

This would be a great interview if someone else was doing it. Snoory is worried about what they eat while doing the show. God he sucks. I sent Josh Gates an email begging him not to do the show with this idiot

HAL 9000

Quote from: McPhallus on March 05, 2013, 01:17:47 AMAs a transplant patient myself, I also found it a bit odd.  But maybe he has another condition which makes dialysis impossible?  Or maybe he's just opting out of treatment.

I thought Noory's reading of the poem was a little.... odd.  Almost like he didn't have much regard for what he was reading.

Holy crap! Was your transplant kidney or other organ? Either way, you're acutely aware of what's involved, and unless a 45 year old patient is a total meth-head which might preclude transplant, not much would preclude dialysis, unless he denied all treatment... but even then, almost certainly there would have been a complete psych eval done, as a middle-age person with a death wish would almost certainly not be sent home with hospice in only a few days. But, there is always that 0.1% chance there is something very extraordinary going on, which is why I issued my caveats.

Kudos to you for getting a organ transplant and surviving - those are nasty operations (I've only seen a few). Should you wish to expound, we all might like hearing more, maybe in the "Random Thoughts" thread, or maybe a new CG thread - a members' "What Ails Me" thread.

armyvet8896

Gates explains the total evacuation of Pripiat and Booths next question is "are there people still there". I hate this jackass!!!!

Morgus

Quote from: armyvet8896 on March 05, 2013, 01:42:19 AM
Snoory is worried about what they eat while doing the show.
i expected after the guest told of all those weird things he has eaten around the world, that Noory would respond that he topped all that eating that burning hot pizza roll...  :P

Falkie2013

I had been trying all day to sleep and couldn't, so I listened to music for awhile and got sleepy. My radio went on and Snoory came on and I fell asleep finally.

Only to wake up to hear Snoory say to tonights guest ( and I didn't hear the whole comment because the radio was on low, so my apologies ) :

" so and so has the world's record for the world's largest burp. I kid you not. "

I'd forgotten that Snoory keeps using this phrase.

Not only is he NO Jack Paar ( who did use the phrase and was incredibly intelligent and a talk show legend ), but we never would have heard Art put out such bs to a guest. Snoory does this crap all the time as a matter of course.

I think he's somehow proud of finding these " facts " that he must think no one else has learned of.

Which is one of the many reasons why George Noory Sucks.

Morgus

Noory just brought up his Mexico trip story where he claimed he was almost kidnapped and Homeland Security had to step in...

Canned Heat

Quote from: Morgus on March 05, 2013, 02:49:01 AM
Noory just brought up his Mexico trip story where he claimed he was almost kidnapped and Homeland Security had to step in...

... and Homeland Security had to step in...

George enjoys changing up his stories as a nod to thuh lissners that it's all just BS.  In case anyone still believes anything he says.

I don't listen anymore, but from what everyone has posted when he talks about this incident, he once mentioned being 'debriefed' by some govt agency afterword and that was it.  Is that correct?  Seems like a major part to leave out of previous renditions. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: coaster on March 03, 2013, 07:07:13 PM
Theres NO evidence. If a ten foot tall apeman lived out in the woods, we would of known it by now. Fake videos of people in monkey suits just doesnt do it for me.

agreed.  if i hear bigfoot... click.  i turn it off.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Tara on March 04, 2013, 11:34:39 AM
[size=78%]The Fatima incident is the product of a more gullible time. [/size]

agreed.  for me, it ranks with fairy pictures.

George Drooly

What is this "passpot" George "Fudd" Noory kept asking Josh Gates about? Perhaps Gates' next assignment will be a trek into the Heart of Dumbness to find all the "r"s that the Nooron simply cannot pronounce: It would be a powaffel expewience!

Canned Heat

Well the asshats fixed streamlink.  Good on iPhone and iPad.  If I had to listen to commercials too, aaahhhhh.

Ahhhhh! Noory is a fucking dickhead.  Asks the guest, "favorite airline?"  Josh says ahh, Singapore airlines....blah, blah" and dipshit says "good people."  What a fuck up! 

In the blink of my eyes I hope Noory (fill-in-the-blank)

Falkie2013

Quote from: Canned Heat on March 05, 2013, 03:47:38 AM
Well the asshats fixed streamlink.  Good on iPhone and iPad.  If I had to listen to commercials too, aaahhhhh.

Ahhhhh! Noory is a fucking dickhead.  Asks the guest, "favorite airline?"  Josh says ahh, Singapore airlines....blah, blah" and dipshit says "good people."  What a fuck up! 

In the blink of my eyes I hope Noory (fill-in-the-blank)

“If you raised a baby and beat it and kicked it and yelled at it, it would turn out to be a mean baby?”
    GN

July 26, 2010 at 1:34 am                             

George Noory               
    “Bigfoot may well be an extraterrestrial, because… remember Chewbacca?”
    GN

Here's an interesting video I found on dulce.

www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=afPgDjk5-BA

valdez

Quote from: Falkie2013 on March 05, 2013, 02:29:37 AM
...so I listened to music for awhile and got sleepy. My radio went on and Snoory came on and I fell asleep...
Quote from: Canned Heat on March 05, 2013, 03:47:38 AM
..."favorite airline?" 

I like the addition of "homeland security" to the Noory Mexican standoff story.  Nice touch.  He should consider opening with "Me and Gerald Celente were down south of the boarder, drinking our way north..."  Josh Gates sounded like he'd make for an interesting guest in the hands of a competent host.  Listening to Noory's finely tuned questions designed to elicit the least amount of spark, the repetition of the questions, the telegraphing of questions that he will ask "later" instead of just going ahead and asking them, the peculiar disregard for basic sentence structure, the same bumper music, all made me wonder if George is attempting some sort of mass hypnosis.  I've also been zoning out to Scientology videos on youtube (prompted by the Wells show) so my head might be a little screwed, but a lot of the critics cite the repetitive auditing questions as the cornerstone of the brain wash.  But to what end?  To buy carnavora?  To give up being antisocial and join the insiders "club"?  I could be just trying to make sense of the senseless; to bring meaning to the mediocrity.  I'm sure George probably just sucks.

ufogadfly

Quote from: coaster on March 05, 2013, 12:55:27 AM
For bigfoot to exist, they would have to number in the hundreds, if not thousands for the species to sustain themselves. They have been reported in pretty much every area of north america, areas where such a creature could not survive. What would these creatures eat?
Why has not one bone been found? one hair? they must be magical creatures because their remains vanish like a fart in the wind. Eyewitness accounts mean shit when it comes to bigfoot, and it cant really be compared to eyewitness accounts in the court room. As a matter of fact, if someone said under oath that they saw bigfoot, there testimony would be thrown out. I figure most eyewitness accounts indeed saw something, most likely an animal like a bear or deer. But not one of these people saw a bigfoot.

"For bigfoot to exist, they would have to number in the hundreds, if not thousands for the species to sustain themselves."

Replying at the risk of departing further from the real topic of this thread (because George still sucks), and reminding you that I'm still "on the fence" (but leaning to one side)...is this statement based on any established model or simply your own random numbers? In any case, hundreds would certainly not be out of the realm of possibility given the vastness of wild areas in the world.

"They have been reported in pretty much every area of north america, areas where such a creature could not survive. What would these creatures eat?"

I can agree that bigfoot sightings in areas where there is little foodstuff are bogus or misidentifications. However most reports come from locations where food is abundant: animals of every size, berries, fish, roots, leaves, etc.

"Why has not one bone been found? one hair? they must be magical creatures because their remains vanish like a fart in the wind."

Do you have any experience in the wild at all? Or even in the woods in a rural area? If you have you've probably never seen the remains of anything even as large as a deer, unless it's a relatively recent death. Nature can reduce a corpse (including bones) to nothing. Possible hair samples have been found, most of which turn out to be from known animals. But there are some that could not be identified or are still under study.

"Eyewitness accounts mean shit when it comes to bigfoot, and it cant really be compared to eyewitness accounts in the court room. As a matter of fact, if someone said under oath that they saw bigfoot, there testimony would be thrown out."

What you mean is that you can't compare it. Why would a person who reports bigfoot be any less reliable than any other witness? Do you think that most reports are from drunks, liars or the mentally deficient?

"But not one of these people saw a bigfoot."

I bow to your all-knowingness  

Falkie2013

Quote from: ufogadfly on March 05, 2013, 10:42:37 AM
Now let's get back to disGeorge.

Welll, if Snoory is trying to use mass hypnosis on the public the only part that's working on me is that he either :

a ) makes me get up or reach over ( depending on whether or not I'm in the bedroom or the living room ) and turn the radio off.

or

b ) he puts me to sleep within minutes even when I've been trying to sleep for hours.

I certainly have NO desire to buy carnavora, turmeric or give money to get lamelink.

And despite 10 years of America and the World held hostage to radio idiocy, one thing hasn't changed.

George Noory Sucks.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: HAL 9000 on March 05, 2013, 12:03:02 AM

This is a fairly young man. Noory received this email at the most 8 days after being "rushed to the hospital." (admitted to hospital on Feb. 23, Noory read email on-air March 3, which is a total of eight days). In this very short period of time, his doctors (allegedly) determine he has only a few weeks to live from kidney failure, and was sent home to die with palliative hospice care.

Well, I can tell you, with "near" 100% assuredness, this is bullshit. You can live without kidneys. People routinely survive with total kidney failure - kept alive either by hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, or ultimately, receiving a kidney transplant. I have personally performed peritoneal dialysis hundreds of times. Always with the caution that anything is possible, I am willing to say that, in all virtual likelihood, no team of doctors would, or could, send a 45 year old man home to die after only a few days, due to "kidney failure." I smell bullshit all over this.

You're exactly right.  As a former hemodialysis tech myself, I've had patients from children to the very elderly, most with comorbidities. Some were new to dialysis, some were on routine three times a week dialysis, and some were on temporary dialysis to give their kidneys a chance to heal.  A man in his 40s, under routine circumstances, would not be sent home to die.  He would likely still be in the hospital receiving dialysis via a Hickman catheter, while waiting for an AV graft to be implanted.  Of course, this would have taken Noory just a few minutes of "show prep" to figure this out, but that's too much work.

McPhallus

Yah, it was a kidney, which made that poem seem all the more strange.  A kidney TX is actually one of the simpler surgeries... I've heard the heart transplants, for instance, are much more complicated.  I got to go home in less than a week.  Never had to do the dialysis thing, thank god.

That medical condition thread idea might be interesting, although I suspect this group would be more about psychological conditions rather than physical ones. :)

Quote from: HAL 9000 on March 05, 2013, 01:48:20 AM
Kudos to you for getting a organ transplant and surviving - those are nasty operations (I've only seen a few). Should you wish to expound, we all might like hearing more, maybe in the "Random Thoughts" thread, or maybe a new CG thread - a members' "What Ails Me" thread.

ItsOver

I don't know about Bigfoot but I'm positive Noory sucks.

Canned Heat

Right on about big foot possibly existing.  All kinds of shite exists that I have never heard of let alone seen.  But back to that poem.  BULLSHIT.  Noory wrote it.  He sucks at poetry as well. 

And WTF is a dying man's beeaatcch doing in another state?

Noory is a dumbass.  The dumbest on air, I've ever heard, they don't get any dumber, they don't come any dumber than Dumbass. 

coaster

Quote from: ufogadfly on March 05, 2013, 10:40:51 AM

Do you have any experience in the wild at all? Or even in the woods in a rural area? If you have you've probably never seen the remains of anything even as large as a deer, unless it's a relatively recent death. Nature can reduce a corpse (including bones) to nothing. Possible hair samples have been found, most of which turn out to be from known animals. But there are some that could not be identified or are still under study.

archaeologists find bones and fossils of animals every day, yet they have never found a ten foot tall bigfoot. If the skeleton of a small animal can last thousands of years, I think at least one bigfoot skeleton could do the same. Ive got to stand on the side of science on this one. There is no evidence for bigfoot, therefore bigfoot doesnt exist. Its a legend, a myth. And a silly one at that.

Canned Heat

Quote from: coaster on March 05, 2013, 03:42:48 PM
ok..
...maybe like some forms of cannibilism they eat the dead and then maybe they burn the bones so no one can know if they really exist or not.  You don't know what they may do.  They may be brilliant.