• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

11angeleyes11

Quote from: BobGrau on February 02, 2012, 11:46:56 AM
yeah, hurry up and pass that. I haven't made a spelling mistake all day!
Well, among the Coast Insiders it is referred to as a Nordic high.

JohnnieB

Quote from: HorrorReporter on February 01, 2012, 09:13:09 PM
Maybe he will say "second month of the year!"

"Feberruaryie'"
"Febrary"
"Febpraire"
"Febinstinary"

I'll take infamous Nooryisms for $400, Alex.

b_dubb

Quote from: jinwicked on February 02, 2012, 02:50:19 AM
I find these power of prayer peddling people extremely offensive.

My mother struggled, wasted away, and died of cancer with a whole church of people praying for her.

Did God choose to ignore them? Did they not pray hard enough? Always some bullshit excuse.

Her cancer is in my genetics. It is not some grand plan. It is a shit lottery.

Die in a fire George Noory with whoever your guest is tonight.
the prayer people insist that huggable god will affect the outcome of whatever it is you have going on in your life. illness. cOlloidal silver poisoning. football game ( grow up already Tebow ). try praying over an amputee. prayer has NEVER grown a limb back. sometimes people just recover from cancer - "praise Jesus". if not - "god works in mysterious ways". bullshit. prayer might help you "feel" better but it won't change the outcome

Sardondi

To the angry folks: look, I come here for grins, not rage. Everybody has issues and anger about something, but that doesn't mean this is the place for it. I thought this was the Noory Free-Fire Zone. But it looks like I might be wrong, and it's really the Trying To Get Back At The Idea Of God Because Something Crappy Happened Place. If it is I'm not gonna be here because you've changed what it was, and ruined my idea of it.

Let us know when you make up your minds.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: Sardondi on February 03, 2012, 02:44:16 AMTo the angry folks: look, I come here for grins, not rage... Let us know when you make up your minds.
Oh, relax, Sardondi :)

A couple of posts haven't changed the nature of the thread.  Anyway, it's understandable that Noory & Co.'s airy-fairy blathering could really rub some folks the wrong way.  They come on and blithely wax fantastic about stuff that has real-life repercussions for people.  Noory pretending that everything is sweetness and fairies and angels doesn't make it so, and it's natural that people might resent him and his co-confabulators making claims that folks know personally  to be a bunch of crap.

In other words: the forms of disgust Noory engenders, and the reactions to it, are many and varied.  The noxious drug called "Noory" gives some folks a bad trip; try to dig it-- it's just the Noory working it's way through them ~~ they'll be alright in a few hours.

valdez

Thomas Greanias on the million year old lake in Antarctica that the Russians are drilling into, and towards the end of the segment George announced that the Russians had gone missing.  They've actually been missing for five days.  I didn't expect George to defend his pal Stichens against the criticisms of Mike Heisner, but since George claims to be "convinced" of the Nibiru/gold mining/engineered human theory you'd think he'd defend his own beliefs.  Nope.  Never does.  I don't think he believes any of this stuff anyway.  Heisner also said that the tablets found in Jordan recently are proven frauds.  Ian may want to check into that.  During the last hour George went to grab a call some somebody in Indiana (I think) and then said, "No.  He's not ready yet."  Ready?  Not Ready?  What was that all about?  If you've been waiting on the phone for two hours you're friggin' ready.

JohnnieB

Quote from: Sardondi on February 03, 2012, 02:44:16 AM
To the angry folks: look, I come here for grins, not rage. Everybody has issues and anger about something, but that doesn't mean this is the place for it. I thought this was the Noory Free-Fire Zone. But it looks like I might be wrong, and it's really the Trying To Get Back At The Idea Of God Because Something Crappy Happened Place. If it is I'm not gonna be here because you've changed what it was, and ruined my idea of it.

Let us know when you make up your minds.

Well, I myself joined up here to share some chuckles and laughs at Noory & Co's expense - ones more than well deserved. That said, I can understand how his irresponsible mumblings and incoherent opinions can really irk some people - myself included at times. Aside from his anger-inducing and unethical 'medical advice', when I peruse these threads I'm reminded of an incident that took place on the set of 'Psycho'. Anthony Perkins was one day going on and on about proper emoting and how he should play a certain scene - how he should enter, what was his motivation, etc. Exasperated and unamused, Alfred Hitchcock said to Perkins - in that low, drawling British accent, "Tony. Don't worry. It's only a movie".

Wild Card Guy, that video of Aloha Robert is so reminiscent of a salesman (Willy Loman?) who came into our company a couple of months ago to do a sales pitch to our team. That's exactly how he talked and what his energy level was. Needless to say, we cut the meeting very short!

VtaGeezer

Quote from: valdez on February 03, 2012, 05:34:37 AM
   ... since George claims to be "convinced" of the Nibiru/gold mining/engineered human theory you'd think he'd defend his own beliefs.
A few pointed questions...OK...but I think don't think Noory's job is to debate or challenge guests.  Wells has adopted that approach and I think it really damages the format.  Besides, Noory never seems to gain any real knowledge to support his positions'; eg Sitchen's blatherings; and would be blown out of the water by almost any if he tried to challenge on points.

Wild Card Guy

Quote from: VtaGeezer on February 03, 2012, 12:04:38 PM
A few pointed questions...OK...but I think don't think Noory's job is to debate or challenge guests.  Wells has adopted that approach and I think it really damages the format.  Besides, Noory never seems to gain any real knowledge to support his positions'; eg Sitchen's blatherings; and would be blown out of the water by almost any if he tried to challenge on points.

I respectfully and strongly disagree. I personally want to hear the guests challenged and questioned when need be in order to warrant and validate both their viewpoints and presence on the program. I want to hear questionable aspects of guests' hypothesis addressed and brought to light. If you're going to bring on guests with such 'out there' topics as C2C does, then damn right the host should be calling them to task as opposed to providing mere infotainment for the masses. Granted and agreed, Noory is nowhere up to this task for the reasons you outlined. I'm all for laughing at the sheer stupidity of Noory and most of his guests, but there are certain topics which arouse my curiosity and I feel in those instances I have been extremely short-changed.

Thomas Greanias on the million year old lake in Antarctica that the Russians are drilling into, and towards the end of the segment George announced that the Russians had gone missing.  They've actually been missing for five days.  I didn't expect George to defend his pal Stichens against the criticisms of Mike Heisner, but since George claims to be "convinced" of the Nibiru/gold mining/engineered human theory you'd think he'd defend his own beliefs.  Nope.  Never does. 

My case in point.

Wild Card Guy

Thought I'd share these two Amazon reviews (in case you haven't seen them) of Snoory's 'Journey to the Light' or as it's referred to here, 'Journey to Nonsense':

19 of 50 people found the following review helpful:
1.0 out of 5 stars I must be self abusive, December 9, 2009
By E. Barney - See all my reviews (REAL NAME)   
This review is from: Journey to the Light: Find your Spiritual Self and Enter into a World of Infinite Opportunity True Stories from those who made the Journey (Hardcover)
Three - count 'em THREE books - killers of trees - creator of carbon footprints -- and all by this man who is either an idiot, or thinks we are.

He's oddly fascinating, like a car wreck.

Oh Amazon, WHY is there no "no star" rating? Noory is a black hole.

And this one...

By Sam Clayton (Juno city) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Journey to the Light: Find your Spiritual Self and Enter into a World of Infinite Opportunity True Stories from those who made the Journey (Hardcover)
Why on earth does anyone pay George Noory to do anything? Someone gave me this book as a joke. It's as bad as Coast to Coast is now that he's hosting. He's a terrible interviewer. He doesn't pay attention to what his guests are saying. He tries to relate every subject to some movie he's seen but he can't even remember the correct film titles and he gets the plots confused with other films. What an imbecile!

And here's one more:

23 of 50 people found the following review helpful: 1.0 out of 5 stars Is George Noory a Secret OPS Plant?, January 4, 2010 By Front Line - See all my reviews
It is remarkable that a radio host of George Noory's low caliber has managed to hold on to Coast to Coast for 7 years. Is it possible that various groups, often discussed on Coast to Coast, forced Art Bell out and put their own purposely inept disinformation plant,aka former Naval Officer George Noory, in? When Art tried to keep a toe hold in Coast to Coast, Art's friends and spouse passed away of "natural causes", as Art informed us via radio, of course. George has taunted Art Bell with the fact. George once did a slobbery thank you to Art on the air, thanking Art for helping him get the Coast to Coast radio seat. Art maintained a stoney silence and graciously changed the subject.

For those, whomever they may be, who wish to make a look-a-like dummy knockoff of Art Bell to keep the seat warm and blocked at Coast to Coast, knocking out a few books (as Art Bell did with much more panache and education) is necessary to complete the Pretender's Costume.

These aforementioned are my observations and opinions.

This said, I have read George Noory's books. They are barely readable for anyone who has done extensive reading in numerous, various, occult, metaphysical, scientific and philosophical areas, aka Coast to Coast listeners.

Thankfully, for Coast to Coast listeners, the subject matter of Coast to Coast has always been larger and more powerful - than the ineptness it has recently had to suffer through - and manages to reach us in small trickles, though our parched throats yearn for the rivers we drank from before.

Thank You for letting me share my opinions and thoughts

Ben Shockley

...George claims to be "convinced" of the Nibiru/gold mining/engineered human theory...
Gee, how did I know that that would come up on that episode?
[Heiser] also said that the tablets found in Jordan recently are proven frauds.  Ian may want to check into that.
And we have to be equally skeptical of pronouncements like that.  Remember: Heiser lives in an academic discipline whose central dogma, whose raison d' etre, is that everything pertinent is already known; they're just arguing about punctuation.  Heiser's default response is that anything he didn't learn about --excuse me: that he wasn't Initiated Into-- in his decade+ of grad school is, à priori, a fraud.  The assertion of "proven" probably should be read as "Heiser really doesn't want to hear any more about this!"
Can ya tell that Heiser irks me just a little?
...since George claims to be "convinced"...you'd think he'd defend his own beliefs.
A few pointed questions...OK...but I think don't think Noory's job is to debate or challenge guests.  Wells has adopted that approach and I think it really damages the format...
The difference, from my perspective, is that Wells tries to stymie and embarrass real experts and scientists for politically-motivated reasons.  Georgie espouses --or at least keeps repeating-- claptrap of all kinds, then (figuratively) runs for the hills as soon as anyone who even smells "authoritative" says anything contrary.
In other words, Noory and Wells are non- (or anti-) scientific jackasses for different reasons, and with different approaches to jackassery.

JohnnieB

Gentlemen, there is far too much shrubbery here!

I do believe we need the machine that goes..PING!

Monthy Python - The Meaning of Life: The Miracle of Birth

Ben Shockley

Quote from: Wild Card Guy on February 03, 2012, 01:09:30 PM
Thought I'd share these two Amazon reviews (in case you haven't seen them) of Snoory's 'Journey to the Light' or as it's referred to here, 'Journey to Nonsense':
Old news, WCG.  Anyway, they're just haters, don't ya know??  Noory's too big, too pwozaduv, to be bothered by those lauw-lifes.  He focuses on the chosen few Enlighteningly Impaired who can appreciate his message of NoorGospel.

Gassy Man

The station that broadcasts C2C in my area generally replays the last hour of the previous night's broadcast . . . as I am these days avoiding all but a few minutes of C2C unless I truly can't sleep, my girlfriend needs a laugh, or someone like George Knapp is hosting, I hadn't heard it -- but I wasn't disappointed by George's standard lack of professionalism.  The hour's highlight (or perhaps the hour's lowlight) was some poor guy called Bruce who not only called in to discuss his depression over the loss of his wife but later also emailed . . . and to which George seemed to have no sense of recognition that this was the guy he had just spoken with only a few minutes before.         

JohnnieB

Quote from: Ben Shockley on February 03, 2012, 01:55:06 PM
Old news, WCG.  Anyway, they're just haters, don't ya know??  Noory's too big, too pwozaduv, to be bothered by those lauw-lifes.  He focuses on the chosen few Enlighteningly Impaired who can appreciate his message of NoorGospel.

Well it's not old news to me. THANK YOU for posting those reviews, Wild Card Guy.

Quote from: Gassy Man on February 03, 2012, 01:56:43 PM
The hour's highlight (or perhaps the hour's lowlight) was some poor guy called Bruce who not only called in to discuss his depression over the loss of his wife but later also emailed . . . and to which George seemed to have no sense of recognition that this was the guy he had just spoken with only a few minutes before.   

That threw me for a loop too. George's brain cells are deteriorating at a quickened pace. I felt sorry for that widower...George is not the man to call because he just doesn't focus on the caller and quite frankly couldn't give two sh*ts about them. George professes to care and call his listeners 'family' - please! - and it angers me that sad, lonely people like this man reach out to such a non-entity like Noory for solace and to be listened to.

fysisist

Noory's only intention is to try and make some good quick money before the charade is found out and rub a few off in the studio while nobody is watching, I suspect.  He clearly doesn't give a damn about the show, the topics, the guests, the listeners, the callers, and especially not the legacy of AB.  Wouldn't it be satisfying to apply your boot to his ass??  I think so.

There is a difference between 'yellin' and screamin' ' and having a discussion which incudes differing views.  When George is delivering some sermon on one of his favorite topics, or when he has on a guest that he agrees with, he thrashes around all tough and macho putting his views out there in his modulated deep radio guy 'listen to me' voice as if he's some great expert and Defender of Truth.  He also likes to have it reinforced by having several like minded guests on over a short period of time, or short first hour segments with the same guests on repeatedly. 

Then someone will come on the show and at some point it turns out they have a different opinion on some topic George regularly beats his breast about, and George is absolutely silent. It's more weird than anything else, but it it just further evedence that George Noory doesn'thave the abiliy to articulate his thoughts or defend them. 

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 03, 2012, 02:55:00 PM

There is a difference between 'yellin' and screamin' ' and having a discussion which incudes differing views.  When George is delivering some sermon on one of his favorite topics, or when he has on a guest that he agrees with, he thrashes around all tough and macho putting his views out there in his modulated deep radio guy 'listen to me' voice as if he's some great expert and Defender of Truth.  He also likes to have it reinforced by having several like minded guests on over a short period of time, or short first hour segments with the same guests on repeatedly. 

Then someone will come on the show and at some point it turns out they have a different opinion on some topic George regularly beats his breast about, and George is absolutely silent. It's more weird than anything else, but it it just further evidence that George Noory doesn'thave the abiliy to articulate his thoughts or defend them.

Gassy Man

Did George just reference the long-dead Ayatollah Khomeini as the current leader of Iran in one of his headlines reads or did I mishear him???????????????

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Gassy Man on February 04, 2012, 12:13:49 AM
Did George just reference the long-dead Ayatollah Khomeini as the current leader of Iran in one of his headlines reads or did I mishear him? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??
It's alright. He still thinks Nasser runs Egypt and Golda Meir runs Jew-rusalem.

Gassy Man

I should not be surprised anymore, Eddie, but I can't help it . . . just baffling.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Gassy Man on February 04, 2012, 12:26:15 AM
I should not be surprised anymore, Eddie, but I can't help it . . . just baffling.
He's sunk to such depths in idiocy, that nothing shocks me anymore and the fact he gets things correct; like his name or what day it is, is a minor victory.

Sardondi

Ye gods. Neither Simple George nor his simple caller who was close in age to George have any idea who Joyce Kilmer was, or have ever read or heard Trees. It's doggerel, but every Boomer, as well as their parents, was introduced to it and the "War Poets" by the 10th grade, and Kilmer was the leading American example - it's one of those common cultural touchstones that everyone, at least of those generations, knows.

Except The Black Hole Of Knowledge, George Noory.

Zelig

Zelig

I want to believe that George is just the Johnny Carson of the show... carrying it through the week w/nonsense while Ian, Knapp, and John B. are out digging up the good stories and the hard news.. but fear that even that is stretching the imagination...

Usagi

Quote from: Ben Shockley on January 31, 2012, 05:03:29 PM
Georgie... fully aware

Quote from: Zelig on February 04, 2012, 02:41:48 AM
George.... Johnny Carson

Aww, come on guys.  Why didn't anyone tell me it was opposites week?  :o

stevesh

Quote from: Sardondi on February 04, 2012, 02:23:58 AM
Ye gods. Neither Simple George nor his simple caller who was close in age to George have any idea who Joyce Kilmer was, or have ever read or heard Trees.

"If Trees were any good, this Kilmer woman would have had it made into a movie."

- George Noory

Anybody else hear Simple George talking (again) about his narrow escape in Mexico, when he said something about not knowing the name of the guy 'who whisked all of us to the airport' ? The original story implied that Noory was alone in the cab. Even if the tale is true, a number of people in the car makes the possibility of kidnapping a lot less likely. If you're going to tell lies to a national radio audience, SG, write the details down so you don't contadict yourself later.

sleeplessinca

Anyone catch Noorey's grab when a caller, who had been obsessed with the rock band, Metallica, shared a poignant moment where he heard a voice say "where's Metallica now" after passing out when he was injured.  It refocused him and changed his life.

Noorey, as dull as an overripe banana, has to respond by telling his guest about a time he was injured similarly back when he was a very young news director and it didn't hurt at all.

Way to miss the point, dude.  I seriously think the callers are there to kill time for how much he listens.

What a dick. :P

Ben Shockley

Quote from: Gassy Man on February 04, 2012, 12:13:49 AM
Did George just reference the long-dead Ayatollah Khomeini as the current leader of Iran in one of his headlines reads or did I mishear him???????????????
He probably pronounced it just like that along with other fumbles I noted at the time; I can't stomach going back to try to re-listen.   He no doubt meant Ali Khamenei, current "Supreme Leader" of Iran.  Georgie just can't wait for a war with Iran, can he???
Quote from: Eddie Coyle on February 04, 2012, 12:21:14 AMIt's alright. He still thinks Nasser runs Egypt and Golda Meir runs Jew-rusalem.
After he moves to Hawaii to use the "new studio" --some day-- he'll immediately ask someone at the local radio station if they can get Jack Lord and Don Ho to come do segments on his show.
"THEYUR WHAT..?? Mwy GASH, I cudda SWORE I swaw them an Leery King, fer cryinout loud!! It must be un awlternut time line!
...And Brother Iz too?!?! Un-buh-LEE-vuh-bul! Hauw did thyis hyappin???"