• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The GabCast (A podcast about BellGab)

Started by onan, October 22, 2013, 06:30:19 PM

akwilly

Quote from: brig on September 01, 2016, 10:53:37 PM
Funny, I immediately thought of YOU as I was reading albrechts' post.  I would have substituted poo for shit tho.
:)

jazmunda

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 01, 2016, 10:44:29 PM
Hey there, Jaz!  When will you be Jaz/GabCasting next? :D

There may be something unofficial over the weekend. It will be impromptu and dependent on my dependents.

jazmunda

Quote from: Roswells, Art on September 01, 2016, 10:53:46 PM

Make sure you do it before you greet your children. Priorities, you know.

They know their place.  :D

starrmtn001

Quote from: jaz on September 01, 2016, 10:54:27 PM
There may be something unofficial over the weekend. It will be impromptu and dependent on my dependents.
Your offspring, or us? ::) ;D

albrecht

Quote from: akwilly on September 01, 2016, 10:51:11 PM
Big bend is a really cool place. Wish I'd spent more time there when I was closer. I also would have added to the pile
Hey you got to an even cooler place, in both ways. I never been up there but here it is like that (in a certain aspect but even more so.) The Big Bend and those counties are cool because you are (or at least we're) totally out of contact. No cell, no radio (maybe some shortwave and if on the highway CB), no tv, etc and the sky. Fuck. Amazing. One county, at least then, still unfenced by law and land-deals, etc so suspect and 'roads' questionable. And EVERY plant or animal there could hurt you. Fun times. Be in a dry desert wash and almost without warning you hear some thunder and now you are in a flood. Crazy place. Lots of weird folks who want to talk FOREVER (my theory they don't have much contact so try to get in their conversation in now and others who, get away quick and don't want to talk.) But beautiful vistas, when a quick rain come flowers, ability to be out of contact, etc. Awesome place. I hate resorts etc and rich hunting estates coming there but way of the world.

jazmunda

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 01, 2016, 10:56:07 PM
Your offspring, or us? ::) ;D

I will always take care of my illegitimate BellGab children.  :-*

starrmtn001

Quote from: albrecht on September 01, 2016, 10:57:18 PM
Hey you got to an even cooler place, in both ways. I never been up there but here it is like that (in a certain aspect but even more so.) The Big Bend and those counties are cool because you are (or at least we're) totally out of contact. No cell, no radio (maybe some shortwave and if on the highway CB), no tv, etc and the sky. Fuck. Amazing. One county, at least then, still unfenced by law and land-deals, etc so suspect and 'roads' questionable. And EVERY plant or animal there could hurt you. Fun times. Be in a dry desert wash and almost without warning you hear some thunder and now you are in a flood. Crazy place. Lots of weird folks who want to talk FOREVER (my theory they don't have much contact so try to get in their conversation in now and others who, get away quick and don't want to talk.) But beautiful vistas, when a quick rain come flowers, ability to be out of contact, etc. Awesome place. I hate resorts etc and rich hunting estates coming there but way of the world.
Sounds like Paradise. ;)

jazmunda

Quote from: WOTR on September 01, 2016, 09:25:28 PM
I believe that one of the 12 steps is quitting Bellgab.  Fortunately, the failure rate is high and most either skip that step or have to repeat it over and over.

You skipped Step 9.

https://youtu.be/9eaUXkicnXQ

Lilith

Quote from: jaz on September 01, 2016, 10:39:33 PM
I'm getting better everyday.  8)

That line didn't work very well for Heather.  Just sayin'

starrmtn001

Quote from: jaz on September 01, 2016, 10:57:30 PM
Aww.  We luvs ya Jaz. :-* ;)

K_Dubb

Quote from: jaz on September 01, 2016, 10:57:30 PM

Daddy!

I remember what happened last time we did this.

jazmunda

Quote from: brig on September 01, 2016, 10:59:45 PM
That line didn't work very well for Heather.  Just sayin'

Did I say better? I meant butt hurt. I'm getting butt hurt everyday. Better?

starrmtn001

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 01, 2016, 11:00:03 PM
Daddy!

I remember what happened last time we did this.
Are you talking about the time we got more siblings?

Roswells, Art

chefist tried to step nine me in the chatroom after his meltdown. I don't think he meant it though, heh.

K_Dubb

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 01, 2016, 11:02:14 PM
Are you talking about the time we got more siblings?

No when Daddy went out for a pack of smokes.

Lilith

Quote from: jaz on September 01, 2016, 11:01:26 PM
Did I say better? I meant butt hurt. I'm getting butt hurt everyday. Better?

No.

starrmtn001

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 01, 2016, 11:03:23 PM
No when Daddy went out for a pack of smokes.
Oh yeah. :-[

But, didn't he drop off some more siblings a couple of years after that?  He's kind of hard to keep track of.

albrecht

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 01, 2016, 10:59:09 PM
Sounds like Paradise. ;)
it was nice but even back then you had some 'issues' like if you see lights you don't investigate (drug runners using private strips or just flat places to drop off stuff.) And EVERYTHING could hurt you. Ha, you get some weird cactus spike in your leg and festering the next day. Snakes, and trip and hard rocks. Camping hard also. But makes it up for the views and chance to, ok ok, sorta lame but chance to be a cowboy type and just rough it with a guns, tobacco, open fires, whiskey etc and see those stars, spinning often after a day. Shoot stuff, hike around, meet people, etc. I won't say what some do with regard to traditional, and not traditional, drugs. But good times and not, much danger, back then. But now more as a 'zone' unprotected (the official place was first National Park who allowed carrying due to threats.) Also some crazy old mines and legends and could find old ones around. Rumors, like all the west, of gold etc but most was for a certain mineral (forget the name but red and had mercury for gun powder or silver mine use??)

starrmtn001

Hi, Luca!

Jaz says we may have a show this weekend.  Sure hope we get to hear your delicious voice again. ;) :D

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on September 01, 2016, 11:08:01 PM
Also some crazy old mines and legends and could find old ones around. Rumors, like all the west, of gold etc but most was for a certain mineral (forget the name but red and had mercury for gun powder or silver mine use??)

Cinnabar?  Always loved that name.

jazmunda

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 01, 2016, 11:09:19 PM
Hi, Luca!

Jaz says we may have a show this weekend.  Sure hope we get to hear your delicious voice again. ;) :D

Stop writing checks my butt can't cash. :P

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 01, 2016, 11:09:38 PM
Cinnabar?  Always loved that name.
Yep. That was it! I can't believe I forgot the name. Apparently was needed back in the day but then the market went out due to some other way to make stuff. Thanks for reminding. I still have some samples (not that I was trying to market it but because took some samples for the heck of it after old timer was telling us about it.)

starrmtn001

Quote from: albrecht on September 01, 2016, 11:08:01 PM
it was nice but even back then you had some 'issues' like if you see lights you don't investigate (drug runners using private strips or just flat places to drop off stuff.) And EVERYTHING could hurt you. Ha, you get some weird cactus spike in your leg and festering the next day. Snakes, and trip and hard rocks. Camping hard also. But makes it up for the views and chance to, ok ok, sorta lame but chance to be a cowboy type and just rough it with a guns, tobacco, open fires, whiskey etc and see those stars, spinning often after a day. Shoot stuff, hike around, meet people, etc. I won't say what some do with regard to traditional, and not traditional, drugs. But good times and not, much danger, back then. But now more as a 'zone' unprotected (the official place was first National Park who allowed carrying due to threats.) Also some crazy old mines and legends and could find old ones around. Rumors, like all the west, of gold etc but most was for a certain mineral (forget the name but red and had mercury for gun powder or silver mine use??)
Those a called Jumping Cholla Cactus.  They are the Cartel of the Cactus world.  Ya really wanna stay away from them! :o ;)

LucaParcelli

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 01, 2016, 11:09:19 PM
Hi, Luca!

Oh Star... You've made tired man feel absolutely energized... I assure you that I don't hear that often enough at work...

If we are so lucky to have a JazMundaCast, then I will make it a point to at least call in with some coherent thought. Here is my JazDraftPicks for cohosts...

Brig, GravitySucks, Chefist

:)